Search:

SIYE Time:17:42 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Quiet Night at Home
By FireRose

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: Ginny and Harry attempt to relax and enjoy a quiet night at home.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5034







ChapterPrinter


Ginny Weasley sighed with relief as she apparated into the front entryway of Grimmauld Place. To say that the day had been trying would be a gross understatement in every way; she had come to the conclusion about halfway through the afternoon that she had angered some cosmic power somewhere and was doomed for the rest of eternity or the rest of this particular Thursday, whichever ended first.

"All I want to do is to just relax with Harry all night," she decided to herself. "No drama, no problems, no interruptions, just Harry, me, and perhaps a carton of ice cream."

“Hello? Anyone around?”

As her voice echoed through the seemingly empty halls, Ginny reflected on how odd it was to have any sort of peace or quiet around the house anymore. In addition to Ginny and Harry, Grimmauld Place was also home to many of their friends who were in need of a place to stay; current residents included Seamus Finnegan and Fred and George, whose home over their shop was still being reconstructed following their last round of product testing. It was a long running joke of Harry’s that he was just going to hang a neon sign (whatever that was) over the front door proclaiming that there was NO VACANCY whatsoever.

Lost in her thoughts, Ginny jumped when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. She closed her eyes and smiled, inhaling the scent so unique to the most important person in her universe.

“Seamus Not in the house What if Harry would see?”

A low growl rumbled in her left ear and the arms tightened possessively around her waist.

“Seamus, eh? I think the landlord is going to need to do a little evicting if that’s the case” came Harry’s voice, his attempt at sounding angry failing miserably. “Besides, I think that Seamus’ arms are going to be busy enough on their own tonight.”

At this, Ginny whirled around in Harry’s arms. “He’s seeing someone? He can’t do that He just broke up with Susan ” she cried indignantly. “Why, I have half a mind to hex him into next week ”

Harry chuckled at the petite redhead’s annoyed tone. “Gin, it’s not our business. I know that Susan is your friend but we need to stay out of the situation. Besides, I’m not sure it’s really a ‘seeing someone’ situation... I think it’s more of a ‘let’s get together and I’ll cook you dinner as a friend’ situation.”

“Hrmph. We’ll see.” Giving her boyfriend a look that clearly indicated the subject would be coming up again, Ginny headed down the hall toward the stairs. “I’m going to clean up before attempting to make dinner, I’m a mess right now.”

“Oh, about that... Seamus is cooking for his friend, so I think that our options are either take-away or a late supper,” Harry told Ginny as he appraised what she considered to be “a mess.” In his humble opinion, messiness was quite fetching.

“Argh, he’s cooking? I’m starving... Let’s grab some take-away and eat before Seamus’ seduction attempt begins. Oh, don’t give me that look. You and I both know that if Seamus is cooking, he expects something in return and it is not simply compliments for the chef. Why don’t you floo in an order somewhere and pop over to grab it while I freshen up?”

Harry smiled as his favorite redhead bounded up the stairs. It never ceased to amaze him just how much she could say without taking a breath, not to mention the stream of consciousness that seemed to spill forth every time she opened her mouth. Laughing to himself, he headed towards the fireplace.

“The worst part is that she’s right... Cooking is definitely Seamus’ seduction of choice”



As Ginny dressed after her shower, she hummed softly to herself. It was amazing how refreshing a quick shower could be, especially after a particularly trying day. While she loved her job at St. Mungo’s, the administration could drive her absolutely bonkers. Harry always joked that one day he would just have to buy St. Mungo’s for her so that she could be her own boss. “That really isn’t a too unappealing scenario...” she giggled to herself.

Descending into the foyer, Ginny was drawn to the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. Thai food was definitely just what the healer ordered, and Ginny made a mental note to congratulate Harry on his wise choice. “He knows me so well it’s almost scary... But there’s no time to ponder that, there’s Thai food to devour ”

Walking into the kitchen, Ginny stopped dead in her tracks and gaped. Standing next to her heartbroken roommate who was going through a rough time and dealing with his recent breakup was none other than Cho Chang, thorn in Ginny’s side and all around annoyance.

Harry started to walk towards the hall when he heard Ginny humming, hoping to escape the awkwardness of the kitchen. Alas, he was too late or Ginny was too quick, as she was now standing in the doorway of the kitchen doing a marvelous impression of a fish gasping for air.

“No good can come of this,” Harry groaned under his breath. Ginny was quite put out at Seamus, claiming that his motives for breaking up with Susan and method of doing so were less than honorable. His being in Cho’s company so soon after the fact was not going to sit well with the youngest Weasley.

“Ginny How are you?” Cho’s saccharin tones broke into Ginny’s stunned silence, making Harry cringe. This was not a good sign.

“Cho. How... nice to see you again.” Ginny’s frosty tone left little doubt in the minds of the people in room just how happy she was to see Cho standing in the kitchen of her home.

“Well, it was nice catching up with you, Cho, but Ginny and I were just going to eat some dinner. We’ll have to chat later on,” Harry piped up, hoping to head any problems off at the pass. Grabbing Ginny’s arm, he steered her out of the kitchen and into the study across the hall. He barely had time to get the silencing charm in place before she started raging.

“How dare he? He has been single for under two weeks and there he goes calling up that tart Oh, and I saw what he was making her for dinner... Jerk chicken, that’s the dish of love in Seamus’ book I cannot believe that this is happening How could he bring her into this house? Especially given his situation, not even mentioning the history that you have with Cho...”

Ginny continued to rant for another solid three minutes while Harry just sat back and let her roll. He and Ginny had been together long enough that he knew better than to interrupt her mid-rant; that was a sure Bat-Bogey hex or worse.

“...and I won’t stand for it ” Ginny finally took a breath, gathering more energy for another round until she noticed Harry patiently sitting on the couch holding out a steaming take-away carton. Smiling sheepishly, she snuggled into his side and accepted the proffered Pad Thai.

“There, that’s enough of that now,” Harry chided. “Let’s just eat our dinner, calm down, and enjoy our quiet night at home like we planned. Seamus’ actions are neither our concern or our responsibility, so don’t worry about them. Besides, I think that Seamus is in for a big surprise tonight.”

Peering up at his smug smile, Ginny nudged Harry in the side with her chopsticks. “Well? Don’t just sit there looking like the Kneazle that got the cream Details, oh Boy-Who-Lived ”

Glaring down at her, Harry swiped some of her noodles and waved his finger at her. “Tut, tut, Girl-Who-Lives-to-Drive-Me-Bonkers. Listen and learn.”

Pulling his wand from its sheath on his forearm, Harry dropped the Silencing Charm on the study. Cho’s grating tones floated into the room.

“...so Michael and I have been together for about four months now and it’s just wonderful He treats me like a complete princess and he just adores me...”

Ginny erupted into uncontrollable giggles, her Thai food long forgotten. “She has a boyfriend? Oh that’s absolutely priceless... I figured he called Cho because he thought her to be a sure thing. After all, she had loved his accent all through Hogwarts and fawned all over him. So much for his jerk chicken Ah, poetic justice.”

“Are you calmer now? Can we enjoy our evening even though it seems that Seamus won’t be enjoying his?” Harry hoped the contented smile on Ginny’s face was an indication that she was finished being concerned with their roommate’s activities for the evening.

“Absolutely,” Ginny affirmed. “Put that Silencing Charm back up, and add a Locking Charm on top of it. You, me, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, a fireplace, and a free evening... Let’s just enjoy a quiet evening at home, hm?”



Author's Note:
This story was inspired by actual events. Much thanks to my loving boyfriend, CEO Shaft, for being so supportive and eating the vanilla ice cream that remains in the carton after I pick out all of the cookie dough.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear