Search:

SIYE Time:11:21 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Potion of Grindelwald
By King Weasley

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

A year after Voldemort is destroyed, Harry finds himself separated from Ron and Hermione as the three of them embark on different careers; trying to make his way through the Unplottable marsh known as love love, and simply struggling to find his true place in the Wizarding World. However, when a failed attempt to revive the Dark Lord goes arwy, the remaining Death Eaters bring back someone a hundred times more dangerous, but it's not Harry they go after first...
Hitcount: Story Total: 2706







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: *Grimaces as briefcase wielding paralegals approach* No, I don't own Harry Potter. I am officially disclaiming any claim of affiliation with J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Arthur A. Levine, or Bloomsbury...or for that matter, anyone or anything involved in the publication of the Harry Potter Series.

Author's Note: One last thing. This story is founded mostly on the later Arthurian legends that Morgan le Fay was an enemy of King Arthur. The idea is that we [Muggles] know only hints of the true story of Morgan le Fay. The real story will be revealed later, and further in, I'll be making up bits of Wizarding history as I go.
Many thanks to Lord Dreadnault for help on italics!

And now, on with the story...

*

Before a moment of great triumph, before the instance when it seems all of your arduous labor will have paid off, it is not uncommon to experience an odd feeling. A feeling of anticipation, of trepidation, the fear that what you have been striving to do has been in vain, that you will be unsuccessful. As she added the finely powdered unicorn horn into the bubbling black cauldron, Bellatrix Lestrange had no such feeling. She was, as usual, confident, trespassing heavily into arrogance. The unicorn horn met the potion, and, after a searing, pure white flame erupted from the surface of the potion, all was still. A blond-haired man strode forward as Bellatrix raised her wand. He put a hand on her arm. She jerked as he did so, staring at him from under heavy-lidded dark eyes.

"What is it, Lucius?" she demanded, more than a bite of annoyance in her words.

"Are you sure about this? Bringing the Dark Lord back . . . I know we've discussed this, but--"

Bellatrix's wand flicked almost involuntarily to Malfoy's chest. Several powerful curses came to mind, enchantments that would do a great deal more than silence Malfoy. He had been like a fly in her ear the entire year, Apparating around and checking up on her progress, trying to talk her out of it. If he hadn't been her brother-in-law, she might have caved in to the temptation to melt his lips together.

"We have discussed it on several occasions, Lucius. I am sure that the regenerated Dark Lord will be very interested to hear of your dissapointing stance on the matter . . . that you didn't want him to come back."

"Now, now I didn't say--"

"No, but you've been thinking it, haven't you dear Lucius? After all, your son is a more accomplished Occlumens then you can hope to be. Now, unless there is something more relevant that you have to add, I suggest you be silent."

And turning to stand over the potion, she gently lowered the tip of her narrow wand into the cauldron until it lightly touched the surface. She stood straight-backed, trying to remember everything she could about the Grindelwald's Potion. It was not as simple as saying the name of who you wanted to revive; there needed to be an avid, absolutely true description of the person.

The potion needed no incantation, only two key ingredients; a spoken desrcription, and the soul of one who was truly willing to die for another to live. Bellatrix looked over the cauldron's breadth at her husband.

"Rudolphous . . . when he is returned, you shall be honored above all others, and your name shall be second to none but the Dark Lord himself!" cried Lestrange, her voice ringing. "Now, Avada Kedavra!"

In a brilliant flash of green, Rudolphous Lestrange curled to the ground, dead. If Bellatrix felt any trace of remorse for murdering her husband, she hid it well. Instead, she drew herself up and repeated the words she had chosen to use to describe Lord Voldemort.

"A soul for a soul! Search the realms of the dead and bring forth into the living world, greatest among the Dark mages and spellcasters, the most potent upholder of the Dark Order!"

It is a credit to Bellatrix Lestrange's level of unflinching (if severely deranged) loyalty towards the Dark Lord that she chose to describe him in such a way. A good deal of the ex-Death Eaters, Lucius Malfoy among them, believed that, though a powerful wizard he was, Voldemort was not the greatest of the Dark wizards. Some remembered Grindelwald, who Albus Dumbledore had vanquished.

In the same instance that Bellatrix lowered herself to the ground, ready to kiss the hem of Voldemort's robes, a tall figure emerged from the dephts of the cauldron. She was tall and strikingly pale, though it fit her well. She was beautiful, in a cold, unapproachable way, with dark hair in sharp contrast to her complexion. Her eyes were darker than night, and endless.

"Of course I am not Lord Voldemort, pathetic fool," she said, almost sternly, looking at Avery, who was twitching slightly in a corner. "Greatest amongst the Dark mages and spellcasters? Who else but me--"

"And just who are you?" Bellatrix demanded, rising.

"Morgan le Fey?" breathed an astonished Lucius Malfoy. She was, after all, instantly recognizable. Even Muggles knew of her . . . to a certain degree of course. Morgan le Fay, sister of Arthur, daughter of Igraine. The woman through which Avalon had met its downfall, the witch who had been mentored by Merlin and later betrayed him; an enchantress of legend.

Her dark red lips curved in a cruel smile. "So my name was preserved, was it? They remembered. . . . Though I am curious . . . who is this Voldemort you were trying to restore? 'Flight of death'. It appears you were attempting to give life to a coward."

Meanwhile, Bellatrix Lestrange was stunned, and she gaped open-mouthed at the witch emerging from the cauldron. Voldemort was not the greatest Dark mage, as it happened. Morgan le Fay was the one she had revived. She had never set much store by History of Magic when she'd attended to Hogwarts, preferring to make history, not read it. Apart from that, Binns had bored her, and she'd cultivated a secret desire to somehow destroy the ghost after he'd given her a 'Dreadful' in her fifth year final and forever marred her O.W.L.s

She removed a wand from her pocket, and twirled it idly between long, pale fingers. "But I am here now. This world of yours . . . it will be mine."
Reviews 1
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear