Search:

SIYE Time:12:24 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Climbing the Walls
By Tinker Bell

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Oliver Wood, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 9
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Alyson Potter is your average teenage witch. Her brother is famous and they both attend Hogwarts. Join us on a ride you won't soon forget. Step on the train to Hogwarts, take a seat, and hang on for your life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2856







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This starts out just like PoA, gradually it will shy away from the book. The first couple of chapters are exactly like the book, with Alyson inserted. Soon after, the chapters will shy away from the book, and a whole new story will bloom. Please R/R, Thanks again for your time. On with the story.

-Tinker Bell

Alyson woke up on Saturday morning with a renewed sense of readiness. She would be going off to Hogwarts, her second year, along with her brother, Harry Potter, very soon. Now you see, Harry was famous. When they were young, their parents had been murdered by Lord Voldemort. No one said his name because of what fear it brought into peoples souls. Voldemort had broken into their secret hiding place when Harry was two and Alyson was barely one. Their father had tried to give Lily, their mother, a chance to get out of the house with the children, but Voldemort killed them. He then went after Harry. Harry escaped with only a scar, shaped like a lightening bolt, on his forehead. Alyson wasn't even touched. No one knew why. After Voldemort failed in trying to kill Harry, he disappeared, many thought he was dead. Many didn't.

Shortly after that, Hagrid, Hogwarts gamekeeper took them to Professor Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, and he then left them with the Dursleys, their only remaining relatives. Since then, they have stayed with them over the summer and look forward to school more than most people.

Alyson rubbed her eyes and stretched. She looked over to the bed next to hers, where her brother slept, but he wasn't there. He was probably cooking breakfast so she wouldn't have to. She smiled to herself and walked downstairs.

"Good morning." she greeted everyone, while smiling at her brother. He smiled back, and continued to stir the eggs.

"Aunt Marge will be arriving shortly. We need to once again go over how this is going to work. You," He began pointing at Harry," and you," He said switching his finger pointing to Alyson, "Will treat her with respect."

"I will if she does." Harry mumbled.

"What was that boy?" Their Uncle yelled, his face turning red and strangely favoring a beet.

"Nothing Uncle. I will treat her with respect." Harry said, nodding. He then thought of something. "Uncle, this year at Hogwarts," with the mention of that name his face turned red once again and he threw furtive glances toward the open windows," Right. This year at school, the students that are in 3rd year and above are allowed to visit the village, Hogsmeade. Can you sign this form for me?" Harry asked, sitting the eggs on the table.

"You behave while Marge is here and I will consider it." Harry nodded and sat down to eat.

Soon after they began cleaning up the house, Vernon went to get Marge. Alyson had just put the finishing touches on the living room when the door opened. On the threshold stood Aunt Marge. Big, beefy, and purple faced.

"Where's my Dudders?" She squealed looking around the house. Dudley waddled in the room, wearing a bow tie, and was enveloped into one of Aunt Marge's giant hugs, which could squish your lungs if you let it. They walked slowly into the kitchen for tea and they began talking of dogs. Aunt Marge had a lot of dogs. Harry sat down at the table next to Marge and knocked her water a bit, which turn her attention to him.

"Still here are you?" She asked looking back and forth between the two.

"Yes." Harry and Alyson replied together.

"Don't you say ‘yes' in that ungrateful tone," She growled. "It's damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you. Wouldn't have done it myself. Stuck you in an orphanage, I would." Harry wanted to tell her that he would rather be in an orphanage than with the Dursleys, but the thought of Hogsmeade hung in his mind, forcing him to calm himself. He forced on a smile as Alyson got up and began wiping cabinets. Uncle Vernon had always been quite harder on Alyson at times, because she struck him as more vulnerable, and she didn't want to deal with that right now.

"Don't you smirk at me!" she boomed. "I was hoping school would sharpen your manners, but apparently not!" She took a drink of tea, "Where is it that your sending them?" she asked.

"St. Brutus's." Uncle Vernon answered quickly. "It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases." Harry noticed Alyson wince at this, but didn't say anything. Hogsmeade was still dangling in the back of his mind, keeping things in check.

"I see, do they use a cane there?" she asked, glancing from Harry to Alyson and back. "Look at me when I talk to you!" She barked at Alyson who had been bent over the sink, doing dishes. When she was angry or sad, she cleaned.

"Sorry." She mumbled, turning around.

"Do they use canes?" she barked again. Alyson nodded.
"Yes." Harry added. "All the time."

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it. Have you been beaten often?" She asked, directing this question to Harry.

"Yes. Loads of time." He said. Behind him Alyson tried to restrain her giggles, but it was proving to be hard. Aunt Marge narrowed her eyes.

"I still don't like your tone boy. And you! Standing behind him laughing. Is that anyway to treat a guest?!" She asked, furious. Hogsmeade...Hogsmeade.. Harry repeated in his mind. "If you can speak, and even laugh, about beatings in that way, they clearly aren't hitting you hard enough. I would write to them. Tell them you approve of extreme force in their cases." Uncle Vernon seeing the rising tension in the room, changed the subject.

"Heard the news this morning, Marge? What about that escaped prisoner, eh?" he asked wiping his brow.

The rest of the evening seemed to go by smoothly. Uncle Vernon seemed to want Harry and Alyson out from under foot, but Marge wanted them under he watch at all times. After a while, she began throwing dark hints as to what made Alyson and Harry horrible people.

"You mustn't blame yourself for the way they turned out, Vernon. " she said, drinking some wine. "If there's something rotten on the inside, there's nothing anyone can to about it." She said, placing extra emphasis on ‘inside'. Alyson began looking at the table once again. She refused to make eye contact with such a horrible woman. She could tell Harry felt the same. He too, was looking down, except his hands were shaking, horribly.

"It's one of the basic rules of breeding. You see it all the time with dogs. If there's something wrong with the bitch, there'll be something wrong with the pups-" At that moment, the wineglass she had been holding exploded in her hand. Shards of glass flew everywhere and Vernon threw threatening glances towards Harry and Alyson.

"Marge!" Petunia squealed. "Are you alright?"

"Not to worry, " She grunted. "Must have squeezed to hard. Did the same thing the other day at Colonel Fubster's. No need to fuss. I have a strong grip.." Alyson scampered to clean up the mess. As she did so, they began talking about how healthy Dudley was.

"I like healthy children. Dudley is perfect. Now these too.." she said, glaring at Alyson and Harry. "This one, "She said gesturing to Harry, " has a mean runty look to him. You get that with dogs. I had Colonel Fubster drown one last year. Ratty little thing. Weak. Underbred." Harry was now concentrating all his thoughts on the Hogsmeade permission form. Figuring that is wasn't working he switch to trying to remember the pages in his broom-care handbook.

"It all comes down to blood. I was saying the other day. Bad blood wills out. Nothing against your family Petunia, but your sister was a bad egg. They turn up in the best families and here she went and ran off with some man and here's the result. "She said pointing towards Harry and Alyson. Alyson's face was now turning red. She was getting angry, and when she got that way, it wasn't pretty.

"This Potter." she said, " You never told me what he did." Marge said, looking at Vernon.

"He didn't work-unemployed." He said, with a half glance at Harry.

"As I expected!" Aunt Marge thundered. "A no-account, good-for-nothing, lazy scrounger, who-"

"HE WAS NOT!" Alyson and Harry roared together. Marge looked at them, a satisfied look on her face.

"Go on there. Proud of your parents are you? They got and get themselves killed in a car crash (drunk, I expect)-"

"They didn't die in a car crash!" Harry said, fuming.

"They died in a car crash, you ungrateful little-" but she suddenly stopped speaking. She seemed to be swelling. Before they knew it, buttons flew off her jacket and she began moving upward.

"MARGE!" Vernon yelled, grabbing her legs. "NOOOOO!" He screamed as Marge floated up and out the door. Harry grabbed Alyson's hand and tore from the room, so quickly that no one could stop them. The door to their room, burst open magically when they got to it and Harry quickly snatched his wand from his trunk. In seconds, both there trunks were downstairs at the door, as their Uncle ran into the room.

"YOU COME BACK! YOU COME BACK AND PUT HER RIGHT!" he bellowed.

"She deserved it. She deserved what she got. You stay away from us." Harry said, threateningly, pushing Alyson out the door as he back out. "Were going. We've had enough." He stated as the door slammed.

In the next moment, they were walking down the dark, quiet street, heaving their trunks behind them. No speaking to each other. To be honest, Alyson was scared. Harry was scary when he was mad. Besides, they were probably going to get expelled and it would all be over with. She sighed and followed her brother.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear