Search:

SIYE Time:8:44 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Diary of Ginny Weasley
By DracosHunny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 2
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

It looks like someone's finally getting the romance she's been desperate to receive for a years....
Hitcount: Story Total: 3094







ChapterPrinter


September 1, 1997
Dear Diary,

I don’t know what’s happening. My mind and my body are working at different paces, in order to process this life-altering event. And believe me, it is definitely life-altering. So I don’t know what exactly what’s happening. I mean, I know what happened, but I don’t know what’s truly happening. That probably doesn’t make much sense, does it, diary? What can I say….I’m rather confused. I guess I should just start with what I know happened.

Harry and I were sitting alone in the common room about an hour ago. It was nearly midnight, but we were still up talking. We had become a bit closer lately, but this was our first real meaningful conversation. We began to start talking about all the hardships we’d been through. The struggles. A lot of emotions were expressed and we both really opened up. More so than we ever had in the past. I mean, I’d never really had anyone to talk to about what happened back in my first year, no one could really understand me. There was only one person that I knew would be able to, but he was out of reach at the time. But now it seems he isn’t. Anyway, after opening up a bit, Harry said–and I quote:

“I’ve never really had anyone to talk to about this stuff. I mean, I’d always keep everything bottled up inside until I’d explode because no one understood me. No one had been through anything remotely like it. So, I guess I’m just trying to say, Gin…Thanks.”

And then we just stared blissfully at each other for a moment, our eyes locked. We just gazed into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Those emerald eyes of his get me every time.

And that’s when it happened. The life-altering moment.

We kissed.

Now this kiss wasn’t any ordinary kiss, diary. It wasn’t like those I had shared with Michael or Dean. Because this kiss, the kiss from Harry Potter, was the one kiss I had been awaiting for seven years. This kiss was…spectacular. Unbelievable. Mesmerizing. Incredible. Tender. Caring. Beautiful.

And then we pulled away from one another, both of us grinning sheepishly. I bet my cheeks were the color of my hair….

Well, that’s what happened. But what’s happening? Well…

I think I might have just started dating Harry Potter.
_______________________________________ _

September 2, 1997
Dear Diary,

Oh my gosh! Hermione and I were talking a few minutes ago, and she told me about this conversation she over-heard this morning. She was standing half-way in the doorway to their dormitory, about to go inside, when she froze, at Harry’s words. Well, here’s what she says it was like:

“Hey Ron,” Harry said.
“Yeah?” said Ron.
“Er–what would you say if I were to tell you that I…kissed your sister?” Harry asked.
Ron’s eyes widened, and, as Hermione said, mixed fear and anger crossed briefly over her face but was quick to fade.
“WHAT? You–you kissed my sister?”
Harry nodded.
There is a brief silence.
“Well…uh…you-you…” Ron trailed off for a moment, but then moved back on topic, “You better be serious about her, Harry. I mean, because, well….You know this isn’t some meaningless conversation….You’ll break her heart if you leave her, and I can’t have that….So, are you asking my permission to date Ginny?”
“Yeah.”
“Are you serious about her?” Ron asked.
Harry nodded. The two remained silent for a moment.
“Okay,” Ron began, “Then, I guess you have my permission, I guess.”
“Thanks, Ron. So…When are you going to tell Hermione that you like her?”

And that when Hermione left, ran into her dormitory, and squealed because she found out Ron likes her. (Duh! It’s so obvious….)

Then, after she calmed down a bit, she told me what Harry said. I can’t believe it! Harry Potter is going to ask me out! I’m just so happy….I mean, this is the one guy I have been waiting for forever. I just wonder when it will happen…when he’ll actually ask me out….

I’m also really happy for Hermione, she’s liked Ron for ages. She’s finally assured of Ron’s feelings. Now if only Ron knew how she felt….I need a plan.

Anyway, I’ll think about it (when I’m not distracted by the thought of Harry asking me out…or vise-versa). *sigh* I’m so excited. Anyway, I’m got to get ready for class.

Until next time.
__________________________________ ______

September 5, 1997
Dear Diary,

It happened! It actually happened! I think I’m still in shock, even though it’s been a couple days! Harry actually asked me out! The first Hogsmeade trip is on Halloween, and we’ve decided to go together. I mean, we’ll still hang with Ron and Hermione, but not the whole time. Hmm…maybe if they’re alone long enough they’ll get together….

Who am I kidding? That’s not going to work….We know they both are like hopelessly in love with each other, they just won’t admit it. Maybe we could lock them in the Room of Requirement until they confess that they like each other. Nah, that’s too simple. I’m going to have to use my evil genius ways for this one. Normally I’d call in Hermione’s help in this type of situation, but that’s not going to work this time for obvious reasons. I’ll just have to keep thinking

Anyway, things with Harry are great. I’m just so happy. I mean, come on, what can you expect? This is the relationship I have been waiting for, what? Seven years? Yeah, pretty much. I may have dated other guys, but that doesn’t mean I ever stopped having feelings for Harry. I was always partially waiting for him. Even when I was dating other guys, the only one I wanted with all my heart was Harry. Like with Michael Corner, sure I liked him. I mean, he was sweet and funny and all, but he was no Harry. Then with Dean…well, I never really liked him that way much. We were good friends, but that was mostly it. He asked me out and I didn’t want to be mean, so I said yes. But it was a mutual break-up and we both thought it would be better off if we just remained friends. But with Harry…

It’s different. I’ve known he’d be the one all along. He just had to realize it too before we could get together. Now that we’re together I know for a fact that I was completely right, all along. Every little bit of out relationship is perfect. *happy sigh*

Anyway, I’ve got to go. Time for more homework. Ugh.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear