Search:

SIYE Time:4:50 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Do You See Me?
By ElvinPrincess5

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 34
Summary: Ron and Ginny have a fight that leads to Harry and Ginny confessing their love for each other. A mystery arises abour Ron's behavior in this story, but you have to read Part Two to find out the solution!
Hitcount: Story Total: 19892







ChapterPrinter


Ron had yelled at her. Again! He had been yelling and insulting her a lot lately. This time was one of the stupidest. She was having trouble with her Muggle Studies homework. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were sitting in the corner of the common room working hard on their Transfiguration project. Ginny cautiously walked up to their table.

She hadn’t gotten over her crush on Harry. As a matter of fact, it kept getting worse. But she didn’t have a speech impediment around him anymore. She talked around him like Ron would. She had become pretty good friends with him lately. With Ron and Hermione dating and all, Harry was kind of left out. So him and Ginny had been spending quite a bunch of time together. They enjoyed each other’s company. They even went as far one Hogsmede trip as to hold hands as they walked through the town. But they were nothing more then friends. And Ginny respected that. Although she would give up her life for him because she loved him so much.

As she slowly walked up to the table, she saw that the only vacant seat at the table for four was next to Harry; she took a deep breath as she reached the table. Harry looked up at her just as she stopped in front of them. He smiled at her. That smile that made Ginny feel weak at the knees. She smiled back. Little did she know, Harry was glad he was sitting down or he would have fell. He loved her smile too. Hermione looked up and grinned at the younger girl.

“Hello Ginny. Is there something wrong?” she asked. At the sound of his sister’s name, Ron looked up at her and narrowed his eyes. Ginny returned the ‘look of death’. Small and shy as she was, nobody wanted to be caught under that gaze. Harry was caught under it only once before. He was doing some really boyish things while Ginny and Hermione were trying to study. Harry automatically shut up and didn’t say another word until the girls were done. Since Ron had accompanied him in it, Hermione yelled at him afterwards.

Ginny and Hermione had become like sisters lately. Both girls would talk to each other about anything and relied on each other with a passion. They were somewhat the best of friends. Ginny loved Hermione’s company considering the only thing that she had is a bunch of brothers. She didn’t always go to her mom for everything, Hermione found out. Like her first kiss. Colin Creevey gave her first kiss to her last year after the Yule Ball. Her brothers really didn’t know about it. Ginny turned back to Hermione. “Yes, I was wondering if you could help me right quick on my Muggle Studies. I can’t seem to get the use of electricity.”

“No Ginny. We don’t have time, so go a way!” Ron growled through gritted teeth. He didn’t even look up at her.

“Ron! Hush! Of course Ginny. I’m just about through anyway. Harry could you switch seats so I can help her out a little easier?”

Harry nodded and scooted over a seat so Ginny could sit between him and Hermione. Harry and Ron went back to work. Ron looked up occasionally, shooting daggers with his eyes at Ginny, although she didn’t seem to notice. Harry looked over occasionally too. But not to give her death glares. He looked up just to look at her. He noticed that when she was thinking hard and trying to understand, she chewed on her bottom lip and her brow furrowed. Harry couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off her. The fire behind her set a red halo around her hair. A shadow falling across her face as if she was somewhat of a mystery. He was suddenly brought back to reality when Ron snapped his fingers in front of his face.

“Huh? What?” Harry said, turning to him. Hermione and Ginny looked up to see what was going on.

“You were daydreaming. I’ve been saying your name for the last past five minutes!”

Harry cleared his throat and straightened up his parchment in front of him. “Oh it’s nothing. I just kinda got distracted,” he said, stealing a glance at Ginny who grinned at him. He grinned back. Ron however caught this. His eyes darkened in fury.

Hermione looked up at him. She saw that Ron was looking back and forth at Harry and Ginny as though they were Death Eaters in disguise.

“Ron?” she asked softly. Ginny and Harry looked up at him. Harry suddenly started feeling very uncomfortable. Ginny on the other hand, rolled her eyes and stared right back with a look of boredom. “Ron what’s wrong?”

“Ginny, you’d better leave. Now!” he said in a low tone that frightened Harry and Hermione. They never heard him talk like that.

Ginny blinked, shook her head and chuckled. “Why? What did I do this time?” she asked sarcastically. Harry was impressed how she wasn’t the least bit fazed with his tone and everything. Although, she had lived with him her whole life.

“Ginny…Don’t start! Just get the hell away from here!” At this he slammed his quill down and stood up, knocking the chair over.

Ginny soon followed suit. Hermione and Harry just sat there, looking back and forth between the two quarreling Weasley’s. This one was probably going to be the worst of all. “What is the matter with you? All I do is come over here and ask for help in a certain class, which I might add you failed, and you just start yelling at me?”

“For one, don’t you dare bring that memory back. It’s bad enough I have to repeat last semester in Muggle Studies with younger kids. For two, you didn’t come over here to ask for help! You came over here to make goo goo eyes at Harry! And I know you know about electricity because you were telling me about it the other day!”

Harry and Hermione were stunned at how upset he was. They stood up from the table. Ginny’s face was now painted red. Not from embarrassment, but from frustration. “How dare you! I do too need help with electricity. Because what I told you isn’t right! And I wasn’t making goo goo eyes at Harry. I’m sorry I was trying to be nice and just smiled. I won’t do it again.” She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed out a breath.

By now, they had gotten everyone in the common room’s attention. “Oh! So now I’m the bad guy? It’s always me isn’t it? Me, me, me, me, me! I’m never right. I’m always wrong.”

“You know it’s ok to admit that Ron. Nobody’s perfect,” Ginny said with a slight shrug. She grinned mischievously at him. Although, she wish she hadn’t for what happened next. Ron sucked in a breath, walked right over to his sister and smacked her across the face. Ginny stumbled with the impact and fell against Harry. Hermione looked at Ron with a look that said ‘I can’t believe you just did that!’.

“Ronald Weasley!” Hermione said, with her hands on her hips.

Tears were starting to well up in her eyes as Harry helped her stand again. She had a hand against the cheek that was now starting to form a red handprint against it.

“Ron what was that for?” Harry asked him loudly.

Ron didn’t look at anyone but Ginny who now had tears falling down her face.

“For being such a smart arse!” he said, looking up at him.

“Well I got it from you!” Ginny screeched. “Oh no you didn’t!” he said back at her. “Well, who do you think I got it from? Percy?” she said, standing up to her full height. She was still shorter then Ron, but she still had the Weasley height. She was just a few millimeters shorter then Harry himself!

“There you go again! Didn’t I already smack enough sense into you? Maybe not,” he said, holding back his hand as if to smack her again. Ginny shut her eyes tight and turned her head, getting ready for the blow. But it never came. She opened her eyes and looked up to see that Harry had a hold on Ron’s wrist. Hermione came around the table and put a comforting arm around her. Ron and Harry were looking at each other as if they were about to kill.

“Why did you sto-” Ron tried to say, but Harry cut him off.

“Lay another hand on her and you’ll wish you’ve never been born, do you hear me?” There were gasps and whispers from the common room. Harry had never threatened anyone before! Ron’s gaze didn’t faze. He just narrowed his eyes and yanked his hand from his grasp. He straightened his robes and turned to Ginny. Hermione held her closer to her. She was looking at Ron with a look of pure malice. She shook her head up at him. Ginny cowered against the other girl as Ron stepped toward them. Harry followed him as to make sure that Ron didn’t touch her.

“Stay a way from me for right now, bitch, do you hear me?” And with that, he turned and walked up the stairs. Fred and George, frozen in place with shock, followed him upstairs to knock some sense into him. Harry took the few steps up to Ginny and put his hands on her shoulders.

“Ginny are you ok?” he asked softly. Ginny looked around the common room at the people who were whispering things to each other and pointing at her. Then back to Harry who had this look of sympathy in his eyes. Ginny took a few deep breaths before a fresh wave of tears came. She flung herself out of Hermione’s arms, past Harry and out of the common room. Harry and Hermione watched her go, wondering what to do.

After a few seconds, Harry looked back at Hermione. She sighed and shook her head. “Do you know where she went Mione?” Harry asked.

Hermione nodded, wiping away a tear that found it’s way down her cheek. “Yes. Do you know where the cliff is that looks over the lake and the school grounds?” Harry nodded, suddenly frightened. “She went there.” “She-She’s not going to kill herself is she?” he asked quickly.

Hermione chuckled and shook her head. “Oh no. Of course not. That’s just where she goes to get a way from everything. Trust me. When you get there, you’ll still find her alive.”

Harry was surprised to know that Hermione knew he was going after her. Then again Hermione knew him and Ron so well. “What about you? What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to go upstairs and break things off with Ron,” she said simply.

“What!? With the mood he’s in you might end up like Ginny!”

Hermione chuckled. “I’m willing to take that risk. But Fred and George are up there, so I’ll be safe. I don’t want to be with someone who’s going to be so abusive to their family over something so small. I need a break from him, so he can have time to cool off.”

“Alright. Just be careful ok?” Harry said, laying a hand on her shoulder.

“I will. Now you better go. Ginny needs you.” And with that, she turned and stomped up the stairs. Harry stood there for a second before he took off in a run out the portrait.

Since he was a fast runner, he burst through the front doors of the school and saw Ginny running, head down, across the court yard. He took off as fast as he could after her. He reached her right before she reached the forest. He grabbed a hold of her arm. She didn’t even bother to turn around and see whom it was. She started struggling and saying, “Let me go!” Harry grabbed both of her upper arms, but she kept struggling.

“Whoa! Whoa, Ginny. It’s me, Harry,” he said softly, but loud enough for her to hear him. The instant she heard his voice, she stopped struggling. Suddenly, she threw herself against him, crying heavily. She clung to his robes and he made soft circles on her back, cooing and saying soft things in her ear. She sobbed into the crook of his neck in what seemed like forever to her. For Harry, it ended all too soon. He loved being so close to her. She leaned back from him and wiped the tears from her eyes. He took his hands from her back and let them rest against her upper arms. Since Ginny was so tall, she just looked straightforward into Harry’s eyes. She grinned and looked down at the ground and back up to the spot where she cried into his neck.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to get you all wet.” She reached up and wiped away the tear that fell upon him. Harry did nothing except watch her face. When she looked back up at him, he felt this uncomfortable silence between them.

He cleared his throat. “Um…Hermione said something about your favourite place to go and think. Could you show me?” he asked, trying to look as innocent as possible.

Ginny smiled, and it took all Harry had to stand up. “Sure. Follow me.” And with that, she turned and took his hand for him to follow her. They walked for a little while until they reached a path that lead up a hill. Ginny let go of his hand so she could balance herself. It was kind of steep. Half way up, Ginny took a step and a rock fell out from underneath her. She lost her balance and fell against Harry. He caught her with ease since he was on a flatter part of the hill. She strained her neck to look him in the eyes. The closeness between them made Ginny blush. She turned back around and started back up the hill. Harry saw a piece of parchment that had fallen out of her pocket and picked it up. He opened it, read it, and smiled to himself. He pocketed it and resumed to following Ginny. Once they reached the top, what Harry saw made him gasp. He could see everything. It was sunset and the sun looked like it was falling into the lake. There were lights on in some of the castle windows.

A sudden breeze sent ripples across the lake and sent the trees swaying. Harry looked over at Ginny. She was looking out over the grounds with a look of peace on her face. Harry could see a small bruise starting to form on her left cheek where she was slapped. The breeze sent her hair flying around her face as if it were a fiery vale. The sunlight set on her face, making it look like she did back in the common room; with that shadow across her face. She turned to him with a smile on her face. He suddenly got this feeling in his chest as if he couldn’t breath. The world had stopped turning, and the only thing in motion were the two of them. It took him a minute to realize what that feeling was. Love. He loved Ginny Weasley. And he had a feeling he always would.

When he focused again, he could see Ginny looking at him with a look of confusement on her face. “What’s the matter Harry?” she asked. It was so innocent, that Harry almost laughed. ‘Well it’s now or never’ he told himself. He walked up to her and held her hands in his. She looked down at their hands and back up into his face. Harry took a deep breath, licked his lips and leaned in ever so slowly and brushed his lips against hers.

Ginny stopped breathing for a second and her eyes went wide. She was kissing Harry Potter! Or more like Harry kissed her first. It took her a second to respond, but she did. She slid her hands up his chest and around his neck to lock her fingers in his hair. His arms slid around her waist and pulled her closer to him. A sudden gust of wind sent a whirlwind of different colored leaves around them. Their robes flew away from their bodies, and Ginny’s hair flew around and about them. The kiss deepened, gratitude of Harry, as the sun set completely. They finally pulled away because of the need of air. He leaned back far enough to search her eyes. They were down and he saw a tear escape from one of them. He reached up and wiped it away with his thumb. Then he just rested his hand against her cheek. She looked up to meet his worried gaze. Her eyes were full of tears.

“What’s the matter? Did I do something?” Harry asked her.

She reached up and put her hand on his and nuzzled her face into his palm, closing her eyes. She chuckled and looked back at him. “No. You didn’t do anything wrong. And nothing could be more perfect. I’m just crying because I…I never actually thought that something like this would happen. I mean I’ve loved you for…God knows how long, and I’ve certainly dreamed of something like this, but…oh you know what I mean. I’m just gonna quit babbling now.” She smiled at him, but this time, Harry couldn’t help himself. He went weak at the knees and almost fell, but Ginny caught him under his arms. He was heavy so it took all she had to keep him up. He shook his head mentally and stood up with Ginny’s help.

He looked her in the eyes and he started chuckling. She soon followed. They stood there laughing in each other’s arms for a while before Ginny was able to speak. “Wha…what happened?” she managed to get out.

After Harry straightened up and Ginny quit laughing and it was sustained to a giggle, Harry took her by the waist and brought him to her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked him in the eyes, a smile still on her lips. He took breath and said, “You smiled.” As simple as that.

She gave him a questioning look. “My smile? What about it?”

Harry gulped before he continued. “Your smile. It just…makes me go weak at the knees. I’ve been able to control myself until just now. I donno why. But your smile is just so perfect.”

Ginny blushed and looked down at his chest. She watched the uneasy rise and fall of it for a few seconds before she looked up. “I used to feel that way too,” she said, grinning at him.

Harry raised an eyebrow and smirked at her. He closely resembled Draco at the moment, but Ginny ignored it. “Really? Around who and what did they do?” he asked suddenly interested.

“Well, all they had to do was just look at me. Right into my eyes,” she said in a dreamy voice. “And the who, was you.”

Harry looked shocked. “Really? Me? Just by looking at you?” he asked, looking as innocent as possible.

“Yes. And sometimes I still do. Like right now. If it wasn’t for you holding me, I’d probably fall,” she said giggling.

“Shall we see?” he said, loosening his grip.

“No. Let’s not. Just…kiss me again. Just so I can make sure this is real?” she asked him, sticking out her bottom lip. Harry licked his lips, trying not to take that lip in his mouth and devour every taste that is held. Harry smiled and leaned in, capturing her lips once more. This time, Ginny deepened it by running her tongue along his bottom lip. He moaned deep in his throat and opened his mouth to her. The next thing they know, they pull back and look down to see that they’re floating above the lake. Ginny gasped and moved closer to him, holding onto him for dear life. Harry smiled and gripped onto her. She looked up at him and he smiled down at her. She smiled back, blushing. Harry decided to take the note out of his pocket and ask her about it. Even though they were 50 feet in the air away from the water. When she looked down and saw that he had the note, she gasped and her eyes got wide.

“H-How did y-you get that?” she stuttered.

Harry grinned. “You dropped it when you just about fell back there,” he said, pointing down the hill.

“D-Did you read it?” she asked. “ I did.” Ginny gulped.

“No worries though. Let’s see, what did it say again?” He opened the letter, held Ginny around the waist with one arm and held the letter out in front of him with the other hand. He cleared his throat and began to read.

Dear Harry, I just wanted to say thank you for becoming my friend in the last few months. It really means a lot to me that I now have a friend. Also, you know how we’ve been spending quite a bit of time together lately? Well, I like it and enjoy it. I really hope that you have too. Anyway, I was wondering about something. Do you see me? I mean really see me; as a person. Not as someone whom you spend time with because you’re bored or whatever. Because I really don’t feel like being used like that. Especially since I have such strong feelings for you. So I just wanted to ask you if you see me. Please check yes or no at the bottom and give this back to me. Don’t take this the wrong way or anything. I was just curious and everything. Thanks. Love, Ginny

Harry took his wand out of his pocket, held it in the hand that was behind Ginny’s back and pointed it to the paper. The next thing Ginny saw, was a big check mark through the box yes. He put his wand away and showed the paper to Ginny. She smiled, took the paper and tossed it over her shoulder. Then wrapping her arms around his neck once more, crushing his lips to hers. It took a second for Harry to respond to her kiss, but willingly did. Little did they know, they were just inches from the top of the water. He was glad that he finally met the woman that he hoped to spend the rest of his life with. “It’s about time don’t you think?” Hermione asked George from behind a tree. As soon as Hermione broke off things with Ron, her and George went to go and spy on Harry and Ginny. They arrived just as he told her about her smile and all that talk and kissed her.

“I’ve got an idea,” George said, taking out his wand and pointing it at the kissing couple. “Romantics Leviosa!’ he whispered. Harry and Ginny slowly started to leave the ground and headed down towards the lake. Hermione gasped and ran out form the tree, but George caught her by the hand. “It’s ok. It’s just a charm I learned that let’s kissing couples float just above the ground. Although I’m going to make them float just above the lake.” Hermione looked at him with a look of awe on her face.

“That is so romantic,” she sighed. Her and George came out from behind the tree and looked out over the cliff to see them still kissing.

“How do you feel about this? You know…Ginny having her first boyfriend and all?”

George shrugged. “It doesn’t bother me too bad knowing it’s Harry. I’ve always wanted it to be him. I don’t know about Ron though. I don’t think Ron ever wanted her to get anyone.”

Hermione stiffened at the sound of his name. “Please, don’t say his name. I don’t want to think about him right now.”

“Sorry love. It was an accident,” George replied, putting an arm around Hermione’s shoulders and hugging her to him.

“How long will they float?” she asked looking up at him.

“Until I take the spell off. So they won’t be falling anytime soon,” he said mischievously.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him. “Really? And why is that?” she asked him, not prepared for what was about to happen.

“Because I’ll be too busy,” he said. Turning her to him and putting his arms around her waist, he dipped his head and planted a small kiss on her lips.

Hermione was shocked, but before she could return the kiss, he pulled away. Finally finding her voice, Hermione asked, “How long?” George took a deep breath. “For about a year now. I just never said anything because of Ron. I didn’t want to ruin anything between you two.” “Oh George. Why didn’t you tell me though? I would have completely understood!” she said, putting her hands on her chest. “Really? How long have you liked me?” he asked her with a raised eyebrow. “Almost as long as you’ve liked me,” she said. “Hermione can I ask you something?” he said ever so softly. “Yes?” “Do you see me? I mean, as me?” He looked so innocent. “Of course I see you. That’s the reason I’ve liked you for so long. I wouldn’t change anything about you,” she said. “Good. Then will you be mine?” he asked cupping her chin. She nodded. “Yes. Of course I will.” At that, George took out his wand and muttered, “Romantics Leviosa!” Then he dipped down and kissed Hermione with everything he had as they floated up into the sky. He couldn’t believe he was kissing the girl that he hoped he would be spending the rest of his life with. Seeing is everything. So people, what did you think? This is my first completed fic. I’m working on others, but they’re A LOT longer then this one. Please be truthful and honest. And I will accept flames. *Breaks out fire proof shield and box of tissues* If you want me to do a sequel, just say so in your reviews. If I get 20 requests for a sequel, I will make one. So that means…*drum roll*…REVIEWS PLEASE!!! Thanks bunches. §$~%!^ElViN*PrInCeSs^%~$§
Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear