Search:

SIYE Time:9:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Time Has Come
By Fire

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Tragedy, Songfic
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: Someone's time has come and someone else relaises that letting go is the hardest thing taht they have to do.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3683







ChapterPrinter




A/N This is just a little one shot to pass the time in between chapters of my latest work, 2000 Miles. Read and review, good people.



My Time Has Come


She lay on the bed in the hospital wing at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was the day after the last battle, the day after Harry Potter had rid the world of Voldemort. She had been hit by the Cruciatus curse a great many times. The healers were unable to do anything. She was going to die.

She looked up into the faces of those who she loved, those who were crowded around her bed now, staying with her until she passed away. She knew that she was dying and there was nothing she could do, no matter how hard she fought.

She gazed up into the face of her best friend, the girl who she had always been ale to confide in, the girl who right now was desperately fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall. She moved on to the red headed boy stood beside her friend, the red headed boy who she loved. She had known him for so long and they had always been close, but soon they were to be parted.

Her eyes moved across to her mother, the woman who had raised her from a baby and made her the person who she was today, the woman who had taught her to be strong. But not even her strength could save her now.

The last person she looked to was a young man, a young man with raven hair and dazzlingly green eyes, which glistened with forming tears. How she loved him. She was his salvation, the one who had dragged him from the depths of despair and now she saw him re-entering the hole, which she had pulled him from years ago.

He took hold of her hand and squeezed it tightly. She was dying, leaving the physical world and passing on to the other side. He didn’t know how he would be able to live without her. How could he live, knowing that he would never feel the warmth of her hands again? Or never feel the softness of her lips again? Or never shudder under the gentleness and tenderness of her touch? How would he cope, knowing that she would never be there to keep him strong? Or never be there to hold him when he most needed comfort? How could he carry on, knowing that he would never hear her whisper the words ‘I love you’ in his ear? And knowing that he would never be able to tell her just how much he loved her?

A tear slid down his cheek as he gazed into her eyes.

“Don’t cry, Harry,” she whispered.

She wiped away the tear from his cheek. She was growing weaker now. She wouldn’t last for much longer.

“I love you, Ginny,” he whispered hoarsely. “I love you more than you will ever know.”

Her own eyes filled with tears. She loved him so much and she was leaving him.

“I love you too, Harry,” she replied. “And I am so sorry that I didn’t stay here like you told me to.”

“You were never one to sit around and do nothing,” he said, trying to smile.

He touched her cheek, savouring the moment. Their time together was growing shorter as every agonising second passed.

“What am I going to do without you?” he whispered, his voice cracking.

“Just remember that I love you,” she whispered.

Those were the only words of comfort that she could offer. He gazed into he chocolate brown eyes. How he would miss those eyes! Watching her suffer was killing him. She would never say what pain she was in, but he could see it, in the whiteness of her lips and in her eyes, staring out with fear. She was afraid of what would come next. She didn’t know what would happen when she died and she was terrified of knowing.

“I don’t want to die,” she whispered.

He looked at her, his heart tearing. He wanted to offer her some comfort, to say something that would make her feel better, but he couldn’t. There was nothing he could say to change her fate.

Her breathing was becoming shallower now, her time was running out. Harry wanted to gather her up in his arms and hold her, and tell her that everything would be ok, but he couldn’t.

You know I can’t stay long

Her time was running out, she had only minutes left to live and she knew it.

“I love you, Harry,” she repeated what she had said before.

“Don’t be scared,” he told her.

“I’m not afraid,” she whispered.

All I wanted to say was I love you and I’m not afraid

She shivered. She was cold all over, she could not feel her limbs anymore.

“I love you,” she whispered.

Can you hear me?

With every ounce of strength that she had left within her muscles she pulled herself up and fell into his arms.

Can you feel me in your arms?

“Ginny, I love you,” he whispered and kissed the top of her head. “I’ll love you forever.”

She was safe now, safe in the knowledge that wherever she went, his love would be with her. She was slipping away, she could feel the life flowing from her and she fell backwards onto her bed.

Holding my last breath

Her breathing wavered, as though she was desperately fighting for more time.

Safe inside myself

She blinked very slowly. Just opening her eyes had become a struggle.

“My time has come,” she said in a barely audible whisper.

Her eyes fluttered shut and the very last thing that went through her mind was Harry, his face and his words to her.

For all my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured life

It ends here tonight


She let her last breath go and she passed away from the world.

“I’ll love you, Ginny, always,” he said to her.













A/N Short and sweet don’t you think. I’ve gone too long without killing anyone, it was about time I had somebody die. Death is about the only thing I can write well. I hope that I made you cry, or at least made you slightly sad. The song is Holding My Last Breath by Evanescence, which is one of my favourite bands in the whole world. Every song of theirs is depressing, just the way I like it.
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear