Search:

SIYE Time:10:29 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Moving Forward
By Joyfulluv

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Teddy Lupin
Genres: General
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 2
Summary: Set a month after the final battle, the Weasleys, the Grangers, Harry, Andromeda and Teddy are having dinner at the Burrow. A new normal is starting to arise and Harry is having a difficult time.
Hitcount: Story Total: 1746



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Post DH/pre 19 Years Later

T (No graphic themes, limited inappropriate language).

Dark with a fluffy theme.

Inspiration: Vulnerable Harry, Summer after DH and missing moment - :)

This was written for the Discord Incognito Elf Hinny Chat. It has been completed since November but I just have been too lazy to post. Hope y'all enjoy.




ChapterPrinter


As June ascends Molly Weasley decides that everyone could use a break from the month of May.

The month had started with her son giving his life for the freedom that the wizarding world now has. Harry had defeated You-Kn-- Voldemort and ended the reign of Death Eaters, as they either surrendered or fled.

Fifty lives had fallen to Voldemort in May but the entire wizarding world conquered that same day. Molly's brothers, who had died in the first wizarding war, can now rest easy knowing that what they gave their lives for has come to an end.

The funerals and celebrations that followed Voldemort's death had been time consuming this past month. It had seemed to drag out the pain of their losses. Molly will never forget her son, Fred, and she still falls apart when she thinks of him, but she also couldn't help but to feel relieved.

Relieved that her six other children have made it out alive. Relieved that her husband is still with her. Relieved that her grandchildren will never know a world that has Voldemort.

It is because those that have given their lives that she could breath.

So, Molly will make dinner for her family, because she could.

The war is finally over and everyone in the wizarding, as well as the muggle world, can live their lives however they deem fit.

xxxx

Laughter filled the Burrow as dinner was served. Molly went all out and the table was groaning with the weight of her cooking. Elbows brushed as everyone gathered around to eat.

Molly and Arthur sat at the head of the table and watched the others interact with smiles on their faces.

George was making faces at baby Teddy. Getting him to turn his hair different colors as he laughed. Teddy had inherited his mother’s talent and when he was content his hair stayed a vibrant blue.

Andromeda was talking to Mrs. and Mr. Granger, who Hermione had found in Australia only last week. Her late husband, Ted, was muggle born so she was able to guide them into the wizarding world in a war Arthur couldn’t.

Bill and Fleur were laughing with Charlie and Percy. The newly married couple had welcomed Charlie into their home for the past month, as he had yet to return to Romania. Percy, however, had been staying in his old room with George at the Burrow.

Hermione looked exacerbated as Ron, Ginny and Harry discussed quidditch. The trio had turned into a quartet whenever the foursome were in the same place. Hermione had moved back in with her parents however and had hardly seen the other three as she was busy rekindling her relationship with her parents.

The Burrow was not made to be quiet and this last year it had been. Everything was starting to go back to normal; a new normal.

With the loss of so many loved ones, change is inevitable, but manageable with the continued support of those around them.

xxxx

"You are mental if you think that just because the war is over the Cannons will suddenly stop sucking!" Ginny exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"All the teams have an even playing field now! Plus when quidditch starts up later this season Cannons have their first pick of new seekers!" Ron yelled slamming his fist on the table, in a lower register he leaned in closer, "I hear that there is this new rookie coming from America that is wicked in the air."

Ginny and Harry looked at each other and started to laugh. Ron was fighting a smile himself and Hermione just sipped her glass of wine and continued to eat.

Harry felt free for the first time since he could remember. Being here at the Burrow surrounded by family and friends was all Harry ever wanted.

With the Dursleys, Harry never felt wanted or safe but being surrounded now with the Weasleys…

Harry looked over to Teddy who was now sporting bright Weasley orange hair to match George and he felt his heart lurch.

Fred.

Fred was always right next to George cracking jokes and pulling pranks.

Remus.

He would be laughing with Mr. Weasley right now if he wasn't gone.

Tonks. Ted.

Andromeda had lost her husband and daughter in this war, not to mention her new son-in-law. The only thing that was keeping her together was her grandson. Harry's godson.

Teddy who will never remember what it felt like to be loved and held by his parents.

Harry was his godfather but he doesn't know how he could help Teddy through this pain when he never dealt with his own.

Sirius.

He should have been here too. He would have if Harry didn't let himself be fooled by Voldemort.

Suddenly the room felt too small. He had to get out.

Not wanting anyone to see his pain he fake smiles and continues to laugh with Ron. When the opportunity strikes and no one would notice that anything could possibly be wrong, he excuses himself from the table and goes out towards the orchard.

Finding a tree, he collapses to his knees and cried.

Why did so many good people have to die? Why did the stupid prophecy have to be made? Was he born to inflict pain and suffering to everyone around him?

xxxx

Ginny noticed when Harry started to act strange. Since they got back together, even though she never considered them broken up in the first place, they have been keenly aware of when the other is in distress.

The first night they spent in the Burrow after the Battle of Hogwarts, Ginny couldn't fall asleep. She quietly let herself out of her room, so as to not wake Hermione, and down the stairs.

Ginny had wanted to put on the tea but when she got to the kitchen she found Harry waiting there for her with two cups in front of him.

"I've been expecting you," he said quietly while pushing a cup towards her.

It continued that way for the rest of the month. Going back and forth between needing comfort and providing comfort. They both knew when the other needed something even if they hadn't yet realized it for themselves.

So when Harry looked over to her and started to laugh at Ron she could feel something change.

When he left the table to walk outside, she tracked his movement with her eyes, a smile plastered on her face.

She wanted to give him a few moments before she followed. Once she was sure no one would comment on her absence, she slipped out the door, thankful that she was seated so close to it.

Ginny found Harry hunched over with tears streaming down his face and slamming his fist into the ground.

"Why am I alive? I have been hit with the killing curse twice now. It's not fair that I am still here and Teddy doesn't get his parents." Harry acknowledged that he was no longer alone. "Fred is gone and George has no one left to help him at the shop."

"You're right, it's not fair. It's not fair that Tom decided to prey on the emotions of thousands of people simply because he could. It's not fair that children are orphaned. It's not fair that my brother died and his killer is alive in Azkaban." Ginny said softly, "But I am so glad that you are alive."

Harry looked up.

"I am so happy that the war is over. I am happy that I still have both of my parents. I am happy that the man I love is alive. I am happy that our future children will only know the logistics war and not the emotional turmoil. I am happy that we can shape the future to what we want." Ginny knelt onto the ground in front of him, taking his face in her hands.

"Everything happens for a reason. I know that you are harboring guilt that doesn't make sense because I am too. Why am I alive? I should have died down in that chamber when I was 11 yet here I am. I am alive and Colin is dead." Ginny felt a tear slip down her face. "But I know that those who have died did so to protect everyone in that castle. Without those fifty people, we might have lost and none of us would be alive."

Harry reached out his hand to wipe the tear from her face.

"I am happy that you are alive too," was all Harry could manage to get out before he crushed Ginny to his chest.

Harry couldn't change what had happened but he could make sure to live his life for those who sacrificed theirs.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear