Search:

SIYE Time:7:40 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Recovery
By Gryffinclaw_31

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: A one-shot between Molly and Harry. The aftermath of the war. Set after "To hear your voice again"
Hitcount: Story Total: 1533



Disclaimer: All characters belong to JK Rowling, my work does not represent the site owners.





ChapterPrinter


Harry followed Ginny to the Burrow from the Apparition point. It had been two days since Harry had opened up, and he'd been trying to stay in the real world as best as he could. Ginny, being Ginny, had decided to bring him to Mrs Weasley to give him something for his throat, which was constantly aching.

"Mum, it's Ginny, and Harry," Ginny said as she knocked on the worn door.

"Coming dear. But first, can you tell me where we dropped the gnomes every time dad brought them back?" Mrs Weasley's voice rang from behind the door.

"On the other side of the stream so they couldn't come back," Ginny said with the hint of a laugh, squeezing Harry's hand.

Mrs Weasley opened the door altogether now and gave them both her trademark hugs.

"How're you, Harry, dear?" Mrs Weasley asked anxiously.

"I'm doing much better," he replied truthfully and saw the relieved smile on her face.

"Mum, can you please give Harry a check-up? He's experiencing constant pain in his throat. And anywhere else, Harry?" Ginny asked, shooting him a glance.

He shook his head.

"If you could just sit there on the sofa, Harry, and I'll get my equipment."

Mrs Weasley looked much better than she had at the beginning of the month as she held her grief with dignity. Though Harry saw more grey hairs than before, the little smiles were what mattered. It reminded him of another mother who only had her grandson left, and guilt flooded him at the thought of ignoring Teddy.

"Hey," Ginny said gently, dropping in the plushy armchair.

"It'll be okay," she said, smiling at him. He swallowed and nodded as Mrs Weasley came back.

"I'm sorry I left Mrs Weasley, I just needed some time alone," Harry mumbled, wanting to explain himself.

"Oh that's alright dear, you deserved some time off. Now remove your shirt." Mrs Weasley said, pushing him back into the sofa.

He sputtered a 'what' when he saw Ginny grinning.

"I need to check how your body is healing, Harry dear." Mrs Weasley Summoned a box which said 'Potions.'

With a red face; he removed his shirt to hear a gasp. Ginny was no longer smiling as she stared at him in concern.

"Harry. How long have you let this go unnoticed?" Mrs Weasley's voice was sharp, reminding him of Madam Pomfrey.

"It's not as bad as it looks, really, it only hurts sometimes." He said but shut his eyes tightly when Mrs Weasley touched the wound on his chest.

"Ginny, could you go please make us some tea?" Mrs Weasley said. Ginny nodded and quietly exited the room, knowing that the tea was only a way of telling her to give some time alone with Harry.

"Harry, I need you to tell me which spells you've used. I cannot help you if you're not honest, okay, dear?" Mrs Weasley's voice was soothing.

"I used Episkey, it seemed to work," Harry confessed quietly, feeling like a little child, admitting a mistake. His mind conjured up images of the immense pain he had felt until he got used to it.

"Oh, Harry, dear. Episkey is for minor wounds. This wound-this is not one! Are you telling me you never faced anything worse than pain for this?" Mrs Weasley sounded so worried; Harry closed his eyes in shame.

"Sometimes, I might have lost consciousness. But it wasn't anything too serious, Mrs Weasley, please don't worry," Harry said yet again, trying to keep his voice steady.

"Worry? Harry Potter, you are my son in everything but blood. And I will not hear such nonsense about not worrying. My training from school only allows me to do so much. I will try my best to fix this, but you're going to St Mungo's if it doesn't. Understood?" Mrs Weasley admonished.

Harry was stunned to silence, so much so, that the pain seemed dull for a moment.

"Mrs Weasley, I-" Harry began, but he did not know what to say.

"You forgot yet again, Harry. We care for you, Harry, and nobody blames you for the war." Mrs Weasley applied a balm which immediately soothed his chest. He heard a sniff come from her.

"Is that better?" Mrs Weasley asked, smiling bravely.

"Much better," He whispered, feeling warmth deep within him.

"Now, you listen. You better take care of yourself, or I will drag you back to live here, and Ginny will drop by every day to check in. Not that she hasn't been doing that, but you'll tell her if you're hurt. And I won't take 'no' for an answer." Mrs Weasley brushed his hair, and Harry felt a lump in his throat.

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley. I'm sor-" He began, but a hand on his mouth cut him off.

"I will not hear any of that. Now, for your throat. Where does it hurt exactly?" Mrs Wealsey asked as Harry buttoned his shirt.

"Just everywhere," He said, bowing his head. He felt an odd tingling in his throat as Mrs Weasley checked it.

"The throat is not a significant problem. I can give you some ginger tea leaves I have; you have to drink it once you wake up, and once when you go to bed." She said, feeling satisfied.

"Now, for the nightmares. I have Sleeping Draughts, but I don't you to have too much of those, hmm. Maybe..." Harry didn't get a chance to ask her how she knew so much. But then again, he thought, he did not exactly look very healthy.

"I'll be back in a jiffy, dear." Mrs Weasley said as she climbed up the stairs.

Harry sat there, processing everything that was happening. He closed his eyes and smelled the aroma of tea. Ages seemed to have passed since he had last sensed that. Somewhere, he could still hear the laughter that this room had encompassed, and he couldn't help but wonder if it would ever come back.

"Here," Mrs Weasley's voice pulled him from his reflection. She was holding three vials.

"These are lavender, sandalwood, and vanilla scents. When any of the kids could not sleep, or even when I can't, I simply spray them around the bedroom, it helps. Give it a try, and it might make everything a little easier.

"If it doesn't then at least, you'll have this memory to associate the scent with," Mrs Weasley said, patting his head.

Harry mumbled a thank you, not trusting his throat as tears welled up in his eyes.

Mrs Weasley sat down beside him and held his right hands between hers.

"Harry, you're always welcome here. I know how you feel with-" and here she choked up too, "with F-Fred, but my son died as a brave warrior. But the death of one son should not deprive me of the other. It'll take time before we're whole again.

"But in times of need, the family is what helps us get through. And right now, all of us are here for you. Never, ever, think that we place any sort of blame on you, we are proud of you, Harry. And I'm sure so are Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, and Fred. Promise me, that you won't entertain that thought again," Mrs Weasley had tears dripping down silently, and Harry wiped a lone tear which had escaped his eyes.

"I- I can try my best," He said, knowing that if not Fred, there were others who blamed him with every fibre in their being.

"And that's all that I'm asking for," Mrs Weasley said, smiling at him. He could hear the pain in her voice, which she held back. The motherly affection that she spoke with made him relax in comfort, something that was very hard to do these days.

"Now, let's get back to work, Ginny would've destroyed the kitchen by now. Ginny!" Mrs Weasley called out as she patted Harry's back and made her way to the kitchen, giving Harry a moment to compose himself.

"Mum, I promise I didn't do anything!" Ginny said. Harry found himself chuckling at the childish tone in her voice, before staring at the carpet in shock to hear such a sound emit from his mouth. He looked at the gash on his arm, where he had scrubbed too hard. It was not red anymore, but a dark scab had formed over it, first signs of healing.

Moments later, the teapot came floating from the kitchen. Mrs Weasley announced that Harry would have dinner here and that the two teenagers could go about doing what they wanted until she prepared dinner.

Harry felt ten pounds lighter, when he went back to his sanctuary that night, even having the strength to thank Kreacher for his efforts. Suddenly, the future looked just a little less bleak.


Fin

Author's note: I recommend checking out "To hear your voice again" if you have not already since this is kind of a continuation. Things would make more sense after you read that! I'm excited to tell you all that I intend this to be a series of one-shots portraying the aftermath of the battle, updated as soon as inspiration strikes. As always, please leave a review, they're my only way of knowing your thoughts, and when I'm low on motivation, they're what make my day! Thanks for reading!
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear