Search:

SIYE Time:18:57 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


August
By NowImYourDaisy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 19
Summary: August sipped away like a bottle of wine... Ginny Weasley finds a sweet, summer love in the month before she leaves for school her seventh year. Prequel story to Nothing Like a Holiday Spell.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7090; Chapter Total: 1182





Author's Notes:
I was going to wait a few more days to post this one, but with the state of the world, I decided some of us may need a distraction (or not, haha). The chapter ahead gets a tad smutty. If you're not comfortable with such scenes, avert your eyes as needed. There's also a bit more tension in this chapter than in previous ones, as we are nearing the end of our little story!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Around a week after Ginny's birthday, the Hogwarts letters arrived for she and Hermione. They were all sitting around the breakfast table, Bill, Fleur, and George in the midst of readying themselves for work. Ginny had been idly stirring her porridge, contemplating whether she could get away with teasing Harry underneath the table.

"Oh, here are the Hogwarts letters," Bill announced as the tawny owls came bearing the Hogwarts crest. "Mum's been badgering me about these, worrying that your change in location confused the school."

"It never has before," Hermione said.

Bill shrugged. "They are quite late this year. Doesn't leave much time for shopping, but that's alright. We'll all go tomorrow."

"Eet will be a mad 'ouse," Fleur told her husband. "Eef everyone ees getting their letters today, too."

"You're right," Bill said. "You lot are all adults, I suppose. Mum would probably kill me for saying this, but would you be alright going today?"

Ginny and Hermione looked at each other, each smiling widely. "That should be fine," Ginny said carefully, hoping she didn't appear too eager and already imagining the fun she and Harry would have wandering Diagon Alley.

"Alright, it's settled," announced Bill dramatically. "You'll all follow George into Diagon Alley and do your school shopping. I know you're adults, but if you could just check in with George before you head home, I know it'll help Mum later."

They nodded appropriately, excitement mounting in the room. Ginny thought of eating ice cream with Harry at Florean Fortescue's, before she remembered that Florean Fortescue had never been found after the war.

Ginny felt a chill run up her arms, despite the fact that it was an unusually warm morning on the coast. Would anything ever be the same again? She wondered. There were so many people that they would never know what exactly happened to them, and she wondered if that might be worse than the knowing for their loved ones. She at least knew how Fred had gone–fighting–but those who had vanished had simply disappeared, never to be seen or heard again.

She had a sudden fear for what Diagon Alley might be like now, and what the war had done to change it. Ginny could still vividly remember the way that Diagon Alley had so drastically changed from before their break-in at the Ministry and after, when Tom Riddle had been proven to be back.

She prayed that the fear that had been palpable then was now gone, but Ginny knew that she herself was still scared–could she expect others to be ready to completely be over their own traumatic experiences?

Nevertheless, she shoveled the rest of her porridge in her mouth and rushed to get ready. Knowing it would be much warmer in London than in Cornwall, Ginny picked out a lightweight set of robes and donned a pair of shorts and a vest top underneath. If she was an adult, officially, she reasoned with herself, maybe she would start dressing as such.

She met the others downstairs.

"I was about to send out a search party," George told her.

"It takes time to look this good," Ginny retorted. "I know you have no practice in that, Georgie…"

"Some of us have a natural gift for beauty," George replied.

Ginny laughed, glad to see him joking with her. "Okay, you're right," she agreed, perhaps too quickly, she realized, when she saw George's face. Well, there was nothing to be done for it, Ginny thought. "Are we going to Diagon Alley, or not?" she asked, trying to deflect.

"Yeah!" Ron said. "Let's go already!"

Maybe they'd all been cooped up too long.

They all exited through the floo network, Ginny wincing as Harry crash landed in George's shop.

"I really fucking hate the floo," Harry said, rubbing his bum tenderly.

Hermione just shook her head at him and grabbed Ron's hand, leading him toward a newer line of products. Ginny sidled up to Harry, casting a look about to make sure no one was minding them, before she asked, "Want me to kiss it better?"

Harry's face reddened and he grinned sheepishly. "Maybe later," he suggested. "I'll let you know if I'm still in pain."

"Oh, I can almost bet you will be."

She pinched him lightly before pulling away from him innocently. "So where are we going first?"

Their trip to Diagon Alley was relatively uneventful. There had been a handful of their schoolmates that they had run into, but everything had been quiet. Ginny realized that the war did indeed leave a scar on the alley, as people were still avoiding lingering outside the shops. Ginny also thought there should be more places for witches and wizards to gather, like they'd been able to do at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Sadly, there was nothing for her to do about it, as she still had another year of school, and she had no skill in ice cream magic.

When they returned to Shell Cottage, Ron and Hermione immediately set off by themselves, to, as they had told Harry and Ginny, "Put away their bags."

Ginny knew the truth, and she was certain that Harry was not fooled, either.

"While they're preoccupied, would you like to take a walk down the beach?" This had become their way of asking if the other wanted to visit their cave.

"Could do," Ginny said. "I think I fancy a brisk walk and the sea breeze."

Harry smiled at her, and she wasn't sure, but she could have sworn there was something behind his smile that she didn't quite like.

Harry helped her down the steep incline like usual, taking her hand in his once they reached the bottom and began to walk down the shore. Ginny looked at the waves, cobalt blue until they turned white and turned to seafoam on the shore. It was amazing, how they were this magnificent force by themselves, and then turned to basically nothing on the edges, disappearing into the sand.

The sky was turning grey in the early evening light and Ginny had a feeling they'd have rain rather than a sunset in a few hours.

When they arrived at their cave, Harry immediately conjured a blanket and pillows. Ginny sat down on them softly, hugging one of the pillows to her chest. Something had seemed strange about him for a good portion of the day, and it was setting Ginny on edge.

Was this the end? She wondered. Was this the second time he'd be breaking things off with her? Why would he do that? Her mind was spinning in overdrive, trying to logic out her anxieties and what could be causing Harry to act the way he'd been since the Hogwarts letters had arrived.

Finally, Ginny asked, "What's going on?"

Harry's green eyes were unreadable to her suddenly. She usually could read him so well, she thought. She'd been able to read exactly what he'd been about to do at Professor Dumbledore's funeral, and she had always been able to tell when Harry was up to some sort of mischief, or when he was brooding stupidly, and she needed to set him straight. But now, she wasn't sure what he was feeling, or thinking.

"What is it, Harry?" she asked again.

He was looking at her, face pale, lips tight. "How are we going to make things work while you're at school?" he finally asked her.

"We can just do what we've been doing. Seeing each other when we can, meeting up on Hogsmeade weekends, writing each other…"

Harry shook his head, lips still set and flat. "But I won't be about in the wizarding world," he told her. "I'm not going back to Hogwarts, and I'm not taking the job the Aurors offered me, either. I'll be out in the Muggle world, doing Merlin-knows-what."

Ginny bit her lip, squeezing the pillow even harder into her chest. "So, are you saying you don't even want to make a go of it?"

Harry shrugged eyes dull behind his glasses. He ran a hand through his already-disheveled hair. "I'd like to. I feel like you're the only one who really understands me… but I also just want to get away from the wizarding world for a while."

"So, being with me would be an inconvenience for you, is that it?" Ginny asked, voice getting sharper. She refused to be put out by Harry–again.

"No, Gin. Look, I'm saying this all wrong. I really like you, and I want to be with you, to shout my feelings from the rooftop. But I also just think I'd like to take a little bit of time…"

Ginny felt herself softening towards him, thinking of all that Harry had sacrificed for the wizarding world, and all that he had endured before even getting his NEWTs. Nothing in his life had ever been fair, and everything he had ever done had been for everyone else but Harry himself. She suddenly understood what he was getting at–why he wanted to escape for a little while.

Without making a conscious decision about it, Ginny's lips sought Harry's, covering them with her own. Her brain seemed to short-circuit, as usual, when Harry kissed her back. Their kiss started out slowly, softly, but gained traction as Harry threaded his hand into Ginny's hair.

His tongue slid along her lips and she opened them in response, meeting his tongue with her own, lightly teasing it. He moaned in response and she grinned briefly before she tore her mouth from his and planted it on his neck, suckling and nibbling on it, taking great joy in his gasps. Ginny felt him hardening against her and couldn't help but wriggle against his erection.

"Gin," Harry ground out, voice husky and deep. She decided she liked the way Harry said her name when he was so turned on.

Boldly, she placed her palm on his hardness, observing how he felt through his trousers and wanting to take his velvety member into her hand. "Can I touch you?" she asked, barely recognizing her own voice.

"Yes, please," Harry basically pleaded.

Ginny looked at him through her lashes as she helped Harry pull his trousers down and off his ankles.

He was standing at full attention for her. She liked it, she decided, as she placed her hand around his length, rubbing it up and down briefly before she bobbed forward and licked him up and down. Harry groaned, and feeling victorious and brave, Ginny enveloped him wholly in her mouth.

Harry's hands were doing some wandering of their own, playing with the hem of her robes. Ginny began to feel impatient and discarded them altogether, relieved to feel Harry's hand immediately up her blouse and palming her through her bra.

"Please touch me, Harry," she whined, wanting to feel his bare skin on her own.

He didn't argue, hand tunneling under her bra and tweaking her nipple gently. Ginny moaned, grinding her hips down against Harry's thigh, needing the friction.

Ginny pulled away from Harry's member, admiring the way it glistened with his pre-cum. "I want to try something," she told him.

He nodded, eyes clouded over, pupils dilated.

She repositioned herself so that her center was positioned over Harry's, and said, "Could you help me out of my shorts?"

Harry nodded again eagerly, helping her to pull her shorts down her legs. He threw them somewhere, but she didn't know–or care–where they ended up. Leaning forward, Ginny kissed him heatedly, lowering herself to grind herself on his hard-on.

"Your knickers are so soaked," Harry told her.

"All for you," she said throatily.

He moaned again, hips bucking up against her center.

"Fuck, Harry, that feels so good," whispered Ginny.

He bucked again and she ground down against him, getting wetter and more turned on by the second.

Harry trailed his hands up her belly, sending shivers down her spine as he pulled her blouse and bra off of her. He squeezed her breasts, jolts traveling straight to her center.

"Oh, Harry," she whined. She couldn't think of anything but the feelings he was eliciting within her, and the way his body felt in her hands. She wanted more of him–all of him, and she told him so.

"Are you sure?" Harry whispered.

"Yes," she affirmed.

"I've never–" he told her.

"Me neither," said Ginny. "But please, Harry, I want to feel you fully…"

"Alright," he told her, pupils dilating even more than Ginny had thought possible. She pulled her knickers down her legs and rubbed herself over his cock again, relishing how hard he felt in between her folds.

Harry groaned and said, "Are you ready?"

She nodded hazily and Harry flipped them over so that he was on top of her. He spread her creamy legs, taking time to kiss each of them three times, closer and closer to her center each time. Ginny felt something tighten in her belly with his kisses, and then, he grabbed his cock, rubbed himself up and down a few times, before he guided himself into her opening.

Ginny gasped at the feeling. It was nothing like she'd ever felt before–she'd have thought it would feel like his fingers, but it was entirely different. And oh-so filling. It made her feel… complete.

"You alright?" he asked.

She nodded, adjusting to the way he felt inside her. "You can move, if you want, Harry."

As if he'd been waiting to hear it all his life, he began to thrust gently in and out of her. Each thrust put Ginny closer to the edge, the coil in her belly tightening more and more and… with another thrust, Harry hit something within her that made her see stars. Her legs quivered around his hips, her core pulsating around him as her back arched off of the blanket and into Harry's chest.

Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry and murmured something unintelligible as Harry thrust one last time and twitched within her. He grunted, eyes closing for a moment as Ginny felt a warm, sticky liquid filling her. Finally coming down from her own orgasm, she watched Harry's face as he came, trying to memorize everything about it.

His glasses were falling askew, and she fixed them gently and ran her hand through his hair as his body relaxed and he fell down onto the ground beside her. He pulled her into his body and wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in the crook of her shoulder.

"That was…" Harry began.

"Amazing," Ginny finished, smiling at him, high on hormones and emotion.

He nodded sleepily against her shoulder. "Nap?" he asked.

"Yeah," she agreed. She snuggled into his body, getting comfortable in his arms, entangling her legs with his.

When Ginny woke up, she wasn't sure what time it was. She was covered in sand, though, and other things, as well, that she and Harry had neglected to clean before they'd fallen asleep together. She looked at Harry and saw that he was still sleeping peacefully, glasses thrown to the side. She smiled, disentangling her legs from his, and running a hand along his face softly, memorizing the way his skin felt against her hand.

Ginny grabbed her wand from nearby and did a few freshening charms on herself and Harry, before she collected her clothing and put it all back on. Wandering to the opening of their cave, she looked and saw that the sky was beginning to darken with sunset.

Strange–she really had thought it would rain instead. But who was she to look a gift Unicorn in the mouth? Judging by the sky, she figured she'd better wake Harry and they'd need to find their way back to the cottage. It wouldn't do to go missing–not so soon after the war, at any rate.

She realized now that the blanket Harry had conjured when they'd first arrived a few hours earlier had vanished back to wherever it had come from. Well, that explained the sand. She'd need a deep clean later to get it out of places she'd never had it before. Ick, she thought.

"Harry." She whispered softly. He didn't budge and she wondered if he'd been sleeping well at night the last few days. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and softly shook it.

"Whassit? Wha's goin' on?" Harry asked.

Ginny bit back a giggle. "It's getting dark out and we need to get back to Shell Cottage before anyone notices we've been gone too long," she told him.

He relaxed a little and nodded, looking more awake once he grabbed his glasses. "Where are my clothes?" he asked.

"They're in a pile over there," Ginny told him.

Harry summoned his clothing to him lazily before he pulled on his shirt and then his pants and trousers. "What time is it?"

"I'm not sure," she answered. "I left my watch back in my room, but it's sunset."

"Merlin, we must have missed dinner," Harry swore. "If they haven't called the cavalry yet, I'll be surprised."

Ginny nodded. "I know. We'd better get going."

As they came out of their cave, Ginny noted that the sun had only just started its descent towards the horizon, the pinks and purples and oranges of the sunset still pale, instead of blazing. "I hope there are leftovers from supper," Ginny told him. "I think we worked up quite an appetite."

Harry chuckled. "I know we did. What shall we do if there's nothing left?"

Ginny shrugged. "I don't think there's any takeout anywhere nearby. Though, if we have a Leaky Cauldron catalogue, we could owl-order something with warming charms from London."

"With how long it would take the owls to get here, we may as well just cook something ourselves, or Apparate somewhere" Harry reasoned. "Hopefully, it won't come to that."

Ginny giggled for a moment, wondering what Harry's cooking skills must be like.

"What's our cover story?" she finally asked as her giggles subsided.

"Cover story?"

"You know–for why we were missing for hours after they got home."

"Oh," Harry said, a strange look on his face. "Erm, we could say we walked to town and got lost on the way back."

"That sounds good," Ginny agreed. They hurried their pace and soon were back at Shell Cottage. Every light in the house was on, blazing into the growing twilight. Ginny could see Ron and Hermione washing dishes in the kitchen and knew immediately that they had indeed missed dinner.

She readied herself to lie her pants off, hoping Harry would stand up to the scrutiny as well.

She opened the front door, realizing for the first time that it had grown chilly out as she walked into the warm house. She heard the sound of the fireplace crackling and the water running in the sink as they washed the dishes the Muggle way. She could hear the sounds of a Wizard's Chess game in the living room.

Taking the cowards way out, Ginny went into the kitchen first.

"There you are, Ginny!" Ron immediately greeted. "Where did you to get off to?"

Ginny winced. "We took a walk into town."

"You missed supper," Hermione informed her.

"We figured," Ginny said, realizing that Harry wasn't by her side. Where had he gone so quickly? "Anything left over?"

"Just enough for each of you to have a plate," Ron said, nodding at the table. Sitting there were two plates that were still steaming warm.

"Thanks," Ginny said, digging in the silverware drawer for a fork. "I'm starving!"

"You didn't eat in town?" Hermione asked knowingly. "You were gone an awfully long time."

Ginny glared at her. "No, we got lost on the way home."

Hermione winked at her and Ginny infuriated herself by flushing hotly. She looked down, hoping no one would notice as she took a bite of what turned out to be lamb. "Yum," she said. "Merlin, I love a good shepherd's pie."

"Fleur made it in honour of our Hogwarts letters arriving," Hermione said.

"Damn," Ginny said. "I'll have to thank her. This is almost as good as Mum's!" she said, turning to Ron.

"I think she borrowed the recipe from Mum, actually."

"Wow, Fleur must be growing on Mum, finally," Ginny commented. "She usually won't share her recipes with anyone."

"It doesn't help that she doesn't exactly know exact measurements for what she uses," Ron told her. "It's hard to share recipes when you change it about every single time you cook it."

Ginny nodded around another mouthful. "Iz's jus' so goob," she said.

"You Weasleys and your table manners," Hermione sniffed, before sending a grin Ginny's way.

Ginny knew that the older witch was only teasing her, so she didn't take the comment to heart as she swallowed her bite. "When you grow up with so many brothers, you learn to eat as quickly as they do, or else you don't eat," Ginny shrugged. "I've done what I can to survive."

Hermione laughed. "I imagine you must have."

Ginny took another bite, this time of the roasted carrots on the side. Soon, her whole meal was finished, and she was once again wondering where Harry had gotten to. She supposed, after a few moments of thought, that it might not be any of her business. They had had that talk, and then they had gotten carried away without having come to any sort of conclusion…

Maybe it would be better this way, she reasoned with herself as she rinsed her plate. Harry didn't owe her anything and she wanted to enjoy what time she could with him. She would be going back to Hogwarts within another two weeks, and Harry would be out in the Muggle world, alone, doing Merlin-knows-what.

Ginny left Harry's plate on the table, steam still billowing magically from it, and made a point to find Fleur before she went up to shower.

Fleur was sitting on the sofa in front of the fire, a book in her hand as she stared into the flames.

"Hey, Fleur," Ginny greeted, watching as her brother's wife, her sister, turned to look at her. Ginny couldn't read the look on her beautiful face, and so she continued, "I wanted to thank you for supper. It was really delicious."

"Thank you, Ginny," Fleur smiled. "I am glad you liked eet."

Ginny nodded, and though she'd had plans to slink up the stairs to a bath and her room, she took a seat next to Fleur on the sofa. "Thank you for making it. Shepherd's pie is my favourite."

Fleur nodded again. "Oui, Bill told me that you liked eet, so I thought I would make eet for you."

Ginny didn't know what to say back. She hadn't spoken much to Fleur since she had been staying in her home and realized that she would like to get to know her more. She had been living in some sort of bubble with Harry since her birthday, and before that she hadn't spoken much to anyone. Maybe Fleur was still sitting in that same feeling.

"How have you been?" she asked Fleur.

"Good, thank you." Fleur didn't elaborate, continuing to stare into the fire.

"Thank you for being with my brother," Ginny finally said after moments of silence. "I don't think I can express how happy you make him."

Fleur turned to look at her, a smile brightening her face–Ginny realized she hadn't seen that smile in a long while. Perhaps this whole summer it had been absent. It was that smile that had infuriated her just two summers ago–it was filled with Veela charm and something else. What Ginny had never realized until this very moment was that it had been filled with happiness. Bill made Fleur just as happy as she made him.

"'E makes me 'appy, too," Fleur said, echoing Ginny's thoughts.

"I couldn't ask for a better sister," Ginny told Fleur. "We're all lucky to have you in our family."

Fleur smiled again, eyes swimming with emotion. Ginny didn't know why she had felt the need to tell Fleur these things, but she was glad she had as she looked at Fleur's face.

"If you're going to be up reading for a while," Ginny said, "I'll be back down in a little while and will read with you."

Fleur smiled. "Yes, I think so. I weel be 'ere."

Ginny nodded and stood up, stretching as she did so. As she walked up the stairs towards her bedroom, she thought of how the war had changed them all. She didn't know if they were any better for it, but it was their reality. She grabbed a pair of pajamas and a towel as she went to the bathroom.

Running the tap with warm, steaming water, Ginny sank into the cold tub, allowing herself to fill the chill of the porcelain as the hot water began to envelope her. She sat back against the edge for a moment. She had always enjoyed a good, thoughtful soak. When the water was up to her chest, Ginny turned off the tap and closed her eyes, remembering the afternoon she had spent with Harry in their cave.

It had been, as cliché as it may have been to say, magical. Not just the sex, of course, though she had enjoyed that a great deal (more than she would have expected for her first time. It hadn't hurt like everyone had said it would), but just spending that time with Harry.

They didn't always need words around each other–they could sit in silence and just be there in the moment, together. She didn't know what would become of them when she went back to Hogwarts, and didn't want to even think of it, but knew she'd have to face it eventually. It was silly to be afraid of the moment looming ahead of them, after everything they had faced, but Ginny was afraid.

As she scrubbed at her body, frenetically planning and playing a game of 'what-if,' she came to a decision. Pulling the drain plug, Ginny stood up and stepped onto the bathmat, wrapping herself in a fluffy towel. No, she wouldn't let herself be devastated by whatever happened with Harry, no matter how much she cared for him and wanted a life with him. After all, they were only seventeen and eighteen–they had their whole lives before them, now. She would do what she'd always done if he needed his time: she would go about her life and live.

Ginny grabbed her pajamas that she'd gathered before her bath and put them on, and then pulled a dressing robe on as well. The house got drafty sometimes at night, even in front of the fire. She hung her towel on the rack and fetched her pirate romance book that she'd been skiving off reading in favour of spending time with Harry.

She made her way down to the sitting room again and found that Fleur had fallen asleep curled up on the couch, book still in her hands. Ginny looked at Bill, who by the looks of it, was almost done trouncing George at chess. Ginny sat carefully on the sofa next to Fleur's sleeping form and watching her sister-in-law breathe in and out deeply for a few moments before she turned her gaze back to her older brothers. Bill and George were trash-talking each other, even as Bill took George's queen.

Ginny sat enjoying the moment and the peace. Every happy moment reminded her of all they had suffered and why they had each fought in their own way against Voldemort and the Death Eaters. They wouldn't have this quiet if the Dark Lord. were still around, terrorizing them all. She smiled at her brothers and said, "I play loser."

Bill shook his head. "You ready to play against this tosser?"

Ginny chuckled. "I'm always ready to beat any of you gits," she told them. "I'll wipe the board clean with you, Georgie."

George shook his head, shaggy hair swaying with the movement. "No way, Ginny-kins. You can't beat this."

"Watch me, arsehole," she told him. She could trash-talk with the best of them–she was a Weasley, after all, and the only girl, to boot.

She took Bill's place, watching as he took the book from his wife's hands and placed it on the side-table before he picked her up in his arms. "Goodnight, all."

"Goodnight, Bill," Ginny and George chorused.

As soon as they could hear Bill and Fleur's bedroom door close, Ginny and George began their game.

The game lasted what felt like ages for Ginny, and she seemed to at least be winning the war against tiredness compared to George, who had not had the benefit of a long midday nap.

She took advantage of one of his tired mistakes. "Unforced error," she told him, grinning.

He scowled at her and took one of her pawns.

On it went, until finally, George said, "Oi, you can have my queen this time. I'm too tired to keep playing."

"Oh, but Georgie, the victory is no fun when you admit defeat before I've properly trounced you."

"Fuck it," he said. "Sleep seems more important right now. But I'll get you tomorrow–you can bet your life."

"You've got it," said Ginny. "I'll meet you back here before your bedtime, you old codger."

George just chuckled. "Merlin, what on earth did we teach you growing up? You're meaner than all of us combined."

"It's my job as the only girl," Ginny shrugged, getting up and stretching from her seat. "Thanks for playing, George."

He smiled at her, smile not reaching his eyes quite all the way. "Of course. I'll take any opportunity I can to beat any of you."

"Or any opportunity to lose," she reminded him playfully. "Sleep tight, Georgie. Don't let the bedbugs bite."

"Night, Ginny. Don't you be staying up too late."

"Me?" Ginny asked innocently. "Never!"

He waved at her as he walked up the stairs and Ginny settled herself back on the sofa with her book, glad to have had some time with George.

She opened her book and began to read, whisked away to the high seas. A few chapters later, when the house was dark in every room but the sitting room, she heard a clatter from the kitchen and sprung up, book thrown to the side, wand drawn from her dressing robe pocket.

Stealthily, Ginny walked towards the source of the noise, wand at the ready for whoever or whatever had invaded Shell Cottage. Heart pounding, she cracked the kitchen door open and peered inside. Someone was digging about in the icebox. What the hell? She thought.

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked boldly.

The invader turned about in a flash; their wand was drawn more quickly than she'd have expected. A curse was ready on Ginny's lips, until she saw that it was only Harry who had been raiding the kitchen.

"Hungry, are you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

He grinned at her somewhat awkwardly, cheeks stuffed full of something. "Yeff," he said.

"Did you learn your eating habits from us?" she couldn't help but ask.

Harry swallowed his food with a large gulp. "Well, when you need food…"

She nodded at him. "You did miss supper," she said. "It's no wonder you're down here in the middle of the night. You could have eaten with me when we got back." Maybe her words were a little more bitter sounding than she'd meant them to be.

"I didn't think you wanted to be seen with me," Harry replied in a bullish tone of voice she'd come to recognize well.

"I never said that."

"You might as well have."

"I thought you didn't want to be seen with me," she replied. "Didn't want to put another commitment on you."

"I don't mind commitment," Harry argued.

She raised an eyebrow. "You're trying to leave the wizarding world and aren't even getting your NEWTs. You've got no concrete plan."

"Merlin, you sound like Hermione right now," he complained. "That doesn't mean I don't want to commit to you."

She moved closer to Harry as if he were a magnet. "Are you sure about that?" she whispered.

Harry stared into her eyes silently, and then his lips met hers.
Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear