Search:

SIYE Time:20:55 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Snippets
By Gryffinclaw_31

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary:
Three little, different snippets between our favourite couple! Thought-POV R&R!
Hitcount: Story Total: 1364



Disclaimer: All the characters belong to J.K. Rowling and none represent the site owners.





ChapterPrinter


Authors Note: So the snippets below are not one after the other and unrelated except that they're all fluffy! A brief overview would be given below each title. As always, reviews are my only way of knowing if you liked it! I'm open to constructive criticism/suggestions for new fics. Thanks for reading!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Her Smile

Summary: Harry muses on the importance of a smile 

Her smile was beautiful.

It made him feel warm every time he saw it.

Her smile was infectious.

It caused his lips to turn upwards every time she did it, even when he was really sad.

Her smile was reassuring.

It reassured him that everything will be fine and that the future will be brighter.

Her smile was brave.

Brave when she talked about her brother, Fred, brave when she didn't let tears define her. It gave him the strength to continue.

Her smile was kind.

Kind towards the little children who asked for her autograph, kind towards the people who suffered in Voldemort's reign. Kind towards any and everyone. It made him feel thankful.

Her smile was forgiving.

Forgiving him for leaving, forgiving those who asked for it. It made him feel grateful when she allowed him back into her life.

But most of all,

Ginny Weasley's smile was special. And when she smiled at him the way she did only for him, his breath was taken away because he felt loved, he felt safe and he felt blessed.

Yes, he decided, she was the only one who Harry Potter could imagine spending his life, and as he watched her smile at him from across the room, even if he was tired and achy, even if he was sad and down-trodden, even if he was angry, he could only do one thing: smile back.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Safe

Summary: Harry couldn't really remember any time when he felt safe, not with him anticipating the next time Dudley would try punching him all the time and his life in general but then something changed.

Harry couldn't really remember any time when he felt safe, not with him anticipating the next time Dudley would try punching him again.

Of course, when he came to Hogwarts for the first time, it was a dream come true, more than that, he was happier than he'd ever been, up until the end of the year when he almost died, but he hadn't known that and his childish happiness won over that fear, and all was well, at least for that year.

The next year was when he actually felt scared to be at Hogwarts, with people thinking of him as the next dark lord and muggle-borns getting petrified, and seeing Ginny's pale almost lifeless body had jittered his nerves, he had almost died (again) until Fawkes came, but the year passed on a happy note, with the celebrations and everything else.

The third-year was when everything became more real, he heard his mother, for the first time ever, and it wasn't a laugh but rather her last moments, the cold feeling became almost constant, he wasn't so much as worried about Sirius Black, he'd had people trying to kill him before, but then he found out the truth and that feeling of safety rekindled, maybe he'd have a home after all.

But his sufferings didn't end and fourth-year was no better, his scar made everything worse, and then Voldemort came back, terror fueled every fibre of his being and he lost any last strands of his innocence as he saw Cedric's body.

The fifth was one of the worst, between Umbridge and more disappearances, people not believing him was a normal thing by now but everything had turned bland, and there was not a moment of peace, at least he had the DA and his friends and then he lost Sirius. He lost the closest thing to his dad, he lost someone whom he could talk to about anything without feeling shy or hesitant, he lost a big chunk of himself and he felt lost, so very lost.

The next year was brighter, things weren't getting any better but at least he got to be normal for some time, Ginny became his light and he fell hopelessly in love, but it wasn't enough with the Horcruxes looming over his head. Dumbledore's death brought everything into a sharper focus and he had to let go of Ginny and his first home, Hogwarts. All was black.

Then the next year and then Voldemort's fall, but the death of his friends, his family- it broke him little by little, but time does heal, mostly anyway.

"Hey," said a familiar voice suddenly jolting Harry out of his train of thoughts.

"Hey, you," he replied, a smile blossoming on his face as he went to her and kissed her. And as he hugged her, he remembered the many nights he'd taken refuge under her care, the many times when his life had depended on that smile, the many times he'd felt so lucky to have her, the many times-

"What are you thinking?" she said sounding amused as he hadn't let go of her yet.

"Just about how beautiful you are," he replied sounding like the "lovesick" person he was and was about to get lost again when her tinkling laugh bought him back, "I'll set dinner, shall I?" she murmured before pushing him to the couch running to the kitchen laughing the whole while.

But he didn't follow her immediately because as he watched her with a smile, he knew it, he felt it after a long long time- he felt safe, safe where he was, safe in her arms and he couldn't have asked for anything better.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOo


They Knew

Summary: They both knew how important they were to each other, they think of what made the other important.

It was funny just how much effect a person could have on him. Him, an independent boy but all that changed the moment she entered the room, with a smile to brighten up the whole place.

She made every day worth living, she prevented the darkness from rising.

The way her hair shone in the sun and the way she walked with a little spring in her step when she was really happy. The way she usually got around her brothers or anyone with a sweet innocent smile.

The way she didn't need him to be a gentleman and do overly romantic girly things but still understood him and needed him differently. It made him feel so special and important.

The way she came near him and knocked some sense into him when others stayed away in fear of his anger. The way she always knew what he was feeling and provided him comfort, sometimes without any words.

He still remembered that time when she tried baking him a treacle tart, spending her whole day on it, and though it wasn't the best, her love made it so much more delicious.

And he didn't mind it one bit when her brothers called him whipped because her love made all his dreams come true.

He loved how she didn't treat him like the great Harry Potter but still respected his decisions but wasn't afraid to correct him, she made him feel so normal and that was the best feeling on earth.

And he didn't mind it one bit when her brothers called him whipped because her love made all his dreams come true and it's not like they were right.

He couldn't think of a life without her and he knew without a doubt that he'll give up everything for her. And she knew it too.

-HG-

It was funny just how much effect a person could have on her. She, whose temper made grown men cower with fear, but all that changed when she saw him, his crooked smile which didn't hide pain as often, the smile which made her insides flutter.

He made every day seem like another new opportunity. He pulled her from one of her moods and held her when Tom revisited her sleep.

He gave her so much love that it felt like the warm comfy blanket her mum made for her when she was small.

The way he didn't know how much he was respected, the way he got scared of her brothers even when he knew they wouldn't have asked for a better match.

The way he ran his hand through his hair when he was nervous and the way his eyes sparkled with happiness. The way he never did any of those romantic things mentioned in those novels Hermione secretly read but was still her knight in shining armour.

The way he didn't treat her like glass and understood her independence, the way he looked so peaceful when she ran her hand through his hair and the way he stuck his tongue out when concentrating on something. The way he said something smart and sensible to deflate her anger.

The way his eyes spoke volumes and he knew exactly what to do or say when she was upset. She loved his small gestures, his little shy compliments.

And the way he ate the whole of that treacle tart she made with so much excitement and pleasure but also gave her tips on how to improve because he wasn't like Dean and he knew she wasn't like other girls who only wanted compliments.

She loved how he didn't give in to his brothers taunting about their sister and didn't mind being called whipped.

She loved him with all her being and she was ready to give up everything for him and she knew he was too.

And they fell in love more each time they saw each other. And they knew it too.

Fin
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear