Search:

SIYE Time:23:59 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Life After Voldemort
By HarryGinnyfan91

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Other, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 3
Summary: For Harry life after Voldemort is just another challenge. With the Weasley's and Hermione so caught up in there own lives. How is Harry's life going to change? What about Ginny?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4555



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hey, I'm harryginnyfan91. This is a new story that I have had floating around in my head. I am not a big fan of some "after" stories, so I decided to write my own.




ChapterPrinter


It had been a very long night for Harry Potter; he had been up until three studying for the NEWTs. Harry didn't plan on going back to Hogwarts. Going back just wouldn't feel right, not after what happened over the last two years. For Harry, Hogwarts just wasn't Hogwarts without Dumbledore. So Harry had been staying at the Burrow for the last few months secretly studying for his NEWTs.

The only person who knew that Harry wasn't planning on returning to school in September was his girlfriend, Ginny. She wasn't happy about his choice about him leaving her alone for her last year of school, but she loved him and accepted his decision.

Just like Harry studying for the NEWTs, his relationship with Ginny was a complete secret. Ron and Hermione were too caught up in themselves to even notice when Harry and Ginny both had went from depressed to incredibly happy.

About three weeks after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry and Ginny had bumped into each other. They hadn't been avoiding each other but they hadn't been seeking the other out either. Harry had been ashamed of all of the things that he had done. He blamed himself for many of the deaths that had occurred. Ginny had been embarrassed. If she hadn't of known what being with Harry was like she would have resorted back to her little eleven year old person in front of him.

Bumping into each other had brought back, to the surface all of the feeling that they felt for each other. The moment Ginny fell into Harry's arms and looked into his eyes she remembered what it felt like to be held by him. What it felt like when they had made love to each other all those months ago. Harry remembered what it felt like to hold her close. Without even realizing it they had leaned in and were kissing each other.

Since then, Harry and Ginny had resumed their relationship where they had left off. Now it was July, Harry had arranged with Kingsley to take his exams in August so he could start Auror training in September. Even after all the war Harry still wanted to be an Auror.

Harry closed his copy of An Expert Guide to Transfiguration and set off to the side of the desk in. Harry looked over his shoulder at the sleeping girl in the small bed behind him. She was truly his everything; he planned on loving her for all time. Harry sighed and reached into his pocket and pulled out the old watch that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had given him for his seventeenth birthday. It was nearing three in the morning; the time had gotten away on him again.

Harry stood from his chair and raised his arms over his head to stretch. He yawned, it was late and he needed his sleep. He had an appointment with Anok, the Head Goblin of Gringotts Wizarding Bank, at eight. Harry walked over to his side of the small bed and stripped down to his boxer shorts. He took of his glasses and climbed into the bed pulling Ginny close to him and he drifted of to sleep.

The sun was shining brightly, a sign that the day was going o really be the best of his entire life. He could barely believe that today was the day. Today was the day that he was going to make Ginny Weasley, Ginny Potter and he couldn't wait. This was the day of the rest of his life. Harry looked into the mirror and smiled, he was almost ready.

There was a knock at the door. "Come on in." Harry said and Neville Longbottom entered. "Hey Harry, How are you feeling? Neville asked.

"I am a little nervous." Harry admitted, somewhat hesitantly. Neville laughed, "I would like to say that I knew the feeling but I just really started seeing Hannah and am not sure what it getting married is like."

Harry laughed at this comment. "Neville it is the most frightening and exhilarating feeling in the world." Harry said with a smile. He was getting married today. It was going to be wonderful, just him, Ginny, and their closest friends.

Neville smiled and looked at Harry. "You ready?" He asked. Harry smiled at him and gave a little laugh. "As ready as I'm ever going to be."

"That's good news, because Kingsley said that we are ready to begin." Neville said with the biggest grin. Harry gave a short laugh and nodded. Harry took a deep breath. "Okay, Nev lets go."Neville nodded and left the room, Harry followed.

Harry now stood at the alter smiling as the few people invited to the wedding walked into the small chapel. Their professors from Hogwarts were among the guest. He smiled at Professor McGonagall as Neville escorted her to her seat. Harry closed his eyes and listened to the music playing in the background.

Harry personally didn't recognize the music playing. Soon Harry felt Neville standing next to him and the music changed and Wagner's Wedding March had begun to play. Harry had missed Luna and Hannah walking down the aisle.

Now opening his eyes, Harry looks to see a vision walking down the aisle. She looked so beautiful as she glided down the aisle towards him. It was perfect. Harry looked out at the crowd, his eyes widened when he saw James and Lily Potter sitting among the crowd.

His eyes started to tear; it was really a perfect day. His parents were there to witness his wedding. Harry tore his eyes away from his parents and watched as Ginny arrived next to him. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

Kingsley began the traditional wizard's ceremony.

Harry awoke, sad to see the dream end. He wished he had at least gotten to kiss the bride; it would have made the dream a billion times better than it already was. He looked over at Ginny, she was still sound asleep curled up next to him. Of course waking up next to Ginny made leaving the dream worth it, this was by far the best time of the day.

He rolled out of bed and stretched. He was never one to complain but he and Ginny needed a bigger bed. He knew that he couldn't do anything about this little issue while he was still living at the Burrow. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley still didn't know that Harry and Ginny were sleeping together. Harry and Ginny had always been careful; Harry was always out of bed before her parents were up and about.

Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear