Search:

SIYE Time:10:36 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Strangers at Drakeshaugh
By Northumbrian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB, Post-DH/PM
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 849
Summary: The locals in a sleepy corner of the Cheviot Hills are surprised to discover that they have new neighbours. Who are the strangers at Drakeshaugh?
Hitcount: Story Total: 251905; Chapter Total: 2512
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Interlude: The Minister

Breaking the connection, Harry pocketed his Mirrorphone, put on an apologetic expression, and looked across the kitchen at his wife. Ginny’s eyebrows were holding a meeting above her nose, conferring about their owner’s displeasure. At times like this Ginny’s annoyance on his behalf was one of her most endearing, and arousing, traits. Her pursed lips, the glint in her eye, and the tension in her stance were unneeded confirmation of her aggravation. Knowing why she was displeased was no help.

‘It’s only Kingsley,’ he began. He knew that his attempt to reassure her was unlikely to meet with instant success, but he had to start somewhere.

‘It’s not an emergency, Harry,’ Ginny snapped. ‘You’re on holiday, and you’re not at Kingsley’s beck and call twenty-four hours a day.’

‘That’s why I told him that I’m not prepared to meet him in his office,’ Harry said. ‘You heard me tell him I’m taking three days off in lieu, and that you’re going out for the day–with Jacqui.’

Words weren’t working, so Harry took two steps forwards, grabbed Ginny by the shoulders, and pulled her close. He kissed the bridge of her nose, keeping his lips on that spot until he felt wrinkles subside and shoulders relax. As she calmed down, he slipped his arms around her waist and gave her a hug.

‘You have plans, Ginny, and so do I. I’m not going to let Kingsley disrupt them. You are going out for the day,’ he assured her. ‘But Kingsley must believe it’s important. The fact that he’s coming here to see me proves it. He has a few questions about the case report and wants to talk “off the record”. This is the best place. While he’s here, he’ll simply have to put up with the kids interrupting our discussion.’

‘If you’d told him about Al…’

‘That’s probably what he wants to talk about, Ginny. He’s probably spotted something in the report.’

‘Perhaps you should have…’ Ginny stopped when Harry shook his head.

‘We made the right decision. Reports get filed, and they get read, and…’ Taking a step back, he looked down into her chocolate eyes, seeking confirmation.

‘Taking the kids to Diagon Alley is already a chore. They don’t understand why strangers know who we are, and why people they don’t know want to fuss over them,’ Ginny agreed. ‘You’re right, a headline like Albus Potter Captures Killer would only make things worse. Particularly for Al.’

‘That’s why it’s best if Kingsley comes here,’ he said.

‘You’re going to tell him the truth, but off the record,’ Ginny observed.

‘Is that okay? We know Kingsley, he…’ Harry began. On the edge of his vision, he saw movement and his family concerns switched from major to minor. ‘Lily! No!’ He reached for his wand, but too late. With a viscous squelch the pot of strawberry yoghurt she’d thrown landed on its side on the floor, spewing lumpy pink gobbets across the stone flags.

Turning toward the noise, Ginny sighed. ‘Why, Lily?’ she asked. Pulling out her wand, she began to clean up the mess.

‘Not like!’ Lily announced.

‘On Saturday, strawberry yoghurt was yummy-yummy-yummy,’ Harry pointed out. ‘And you’ve eaten half of it.’

‘No,’ Lily confidently rewrote history. ‘Not like,’ she repeated, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. ‘Want nana-nana.’

‘He’s here,’ Ginny observed, glancing at the window.

Harry looked away from his daughter just in time to see the blue glow of the Portkey fade.

‘Leave Lily to me,’ his wife continued. ‘You’re right, Harry, we can trust Kingsley. Tell him. Eat your toast. James, we need to get ready for school. Would you like some more pumpkin juice, Al?’

‘I’ll take him into the lounge,’ Harry said. ‘Maybe we’ll be finished by the time you leave.’

Ginny shook her head. ‘You won’t be,’ she observed. ‘You told him Jacqui was coming here. He’ll still be here when we get back.’

‘You think he’ll want to meet her?’ Harry asked.

‘Certain.’ Ginny nodded. Now in full agreement with his decision, she gave him a smile. ‘You worked hard yesterday to get this case wrapped up. You deserve a few stressful days at home.’

‘Don’t you mean stress-free?’ he asked.

‘Do I?’ she asked chuckling. ‘You’re right of course. That’s what I mean. I must! Our children are well-behaved angels, as Lily has just demonstrated.’ She kissed his cheek. ‘Go.’

Leaving Ginny to deal with yet another interrupted family breakfast, Harry strode from the kitchen, through the hallway, and outside. He wore a well-worn pair of cargo pants, a comfortable old polo shirt and his Holyhead Harpies slippers. While his clothing was suitable for his warm and comfortable home, the world outside his door was different. There was very little wind, but the air was chill enough to make him breathe out experimentally. It was cold, but not quite cold enough for his breath to frost.

The Minister for Magic had just closed the door of his Bentley. Ignoring the goosebumps forming on his flesh, Harry watched as Kingsley scanned the area. He noticed the Minister’s gaze halt momentarily on the distant Drakestone.

‘Morning, Kingsley,’ Harry called.

‘Good morning, Harry,’ Kingsley replied. ‘Nice place you have here. What is that?’ He nodded toward the stone.

‘Thank you,’ Harry said. ‘The locals call it the Drakestone. There are a lot of stories about it. Some of them even involve magic. It catches the eye, doesn’t it?’

It appeared that Kingsley wanted to continue that discussion, but Harry moved swiftly on to the matter in hand.

‘We’ve got about fifteen minutes until Ginny needs to take James to school. After that, I’ll be looking after Al and Lily. As I said, Ginny and Jacqui will be back here a little after nine, but they’re going out for the day. I’ll be looking after Annie Charlton, too. We should get started. Come in, please.’

Rather than return through the kitchen, Harry led Kingsley to the front door and into the lounge. The sun, still low in the sky, was peering through the enormous windows at the back of the room. Much of the room was filled with morning shadows, although morning light was beginning to creep across the floor. On the wall opposite the window, a blazing log fire suffused the room with warmth.

Making his way to the two large sofas and two armchairs clustered around the large fireplace, Harry moved a stuffed dragon toy and a large red ball from the longest sofa and sat down. With a courteous sweep of his hand, he indicated that Kingsley should sit in the adjacent chair. The minister took a good look around the enormous room before he did so.

‘Why the urgency, Kingsley? The killer is in custody, we have his wand, and can prove it was used to cast the killing curse. Plus, he’s confessed. Is there a problem?’ Harry asked.

‘No problem, Harry. I have a few questions for you, questions I believe would be best resolved informally. First, however… there is something I must tell you…’ Kingsley spoke carefully, ‘I have authorised the release of Wregan Fawley, without charge.’

‘But…’ Harry’s protests stopped when he saw the Minister’s expression.

‘If I thought we could justify holding him, Harry, I would have done so. Fawley has many friends, including several in the Wizengamot.’ Kingsley’s slow and deliberate explanation gave Harry pause. ‘He is one of the last surviving members of an extremely old Pureblood family, and two members of the Wizengamot contacted me about him. They complained that you authorised his arrest for no reason. I told them they were being foolish, but that I understood their concerns, and was personally ordering his release.’ Kingsley paused and looked into Harry’s face. ‘Of course, that’s not why he’s being set free, but I saw no reason to disabuse Fawley of his belief that he and his friends in the Wizengamot have some power and influence over me.’

‘But…’

Kingsley held up a hand. ‘I informed the complainants that Fawley’s adopted son was arrested for killing four Muggles and reminded them that–because he refused to answer any questions put to him by the Aurors sent to his property–Fawley raised had your suspicions. They may have left with the impression that I was going to reprimand you, but I’m not. You did the right thing, Harry. I allowed his release for only one reason; we have no evidence against him.’

‘Not much evidence,’ Harry protested.

‘None!’ Kingsley said firmly.

‘He adopted a young boy, and effectively brainwashed him using a combination of Obliviation and memory charms,’ Harry protested. ‘He made huge alterations to Pelias Hume’s memories. It’s possible that Fawley’s treatment of Pelias was what turned him into a Muggle-killer.’

‘Possible isn’t enough,’ Kingsley reminded him. ‘We need “beyond reasonable doubt”. There is no argument over the facts. Fawley made major alterations to Pelias’ memories. He has admitted that. He claims that Pelias was an unhappy boy who would often run away from home. He told Auror Fortescue that–in order to keep Pelias safe and happy–he removed all the boy’s memories of his true parents, and of his brother. It’s outrageous, I know, but neither the Obliviators nor the experts at St Mungo’s have found any evidence that Fawley’s memory tampering turned Pelias into a killer. In fact, it seems Pelias broke free of his adoptive father’s memory alterations by sheer force of will. Despite Fawley’s efforts, Pelias remembered his brother, his parents, and the fact that Fenrir Greyback was responsible for his parents’ death.’

‘Fawley was cruel,’ Harry began.

‘I agree!’ Kingsley said. ‘Wregan Fawley made Pelias forget about his real parents. When you discovered that…’ Kingsley sighed, and shook his head sorrowfully. ‘I understand the reasons for his arrest, Harry. However, the raid on his home found no evidence of Dark Magic or cursed items. Whatever Fawley did–or did not do–to Pelias, he has done nothing wrong. At least he’s done nothing that falls within the remit of an Auror Office investigation. I know you want him brought to justice, and I understand your reasons. That’s why I’ve sent the transcripts of Auror Fortescue’s interview to both the Obliviator Squad and MAXI–the multi-agency child safeguarding initiative. The Sheriff’s bailiffs and Child Protection will investigate.

‘But, if Fawley used memory charms to make him hate Muggles…’ Harry protested.

‘If,’ Kingsley emphasised. ‘There’s no evidence, Harry. The fact that he was cruel to his adopted son isn’t enough.’

Harry fell into a thoughtful silence. ‘You’re right,’ he admitted. ‘So was Ginny. When I got home last night, she asked me if I was pursuing Fawley for the wrong reasons.’

‘Your wife is a wise woman,’ Kingsley said. ‘I don’t think we’ll ever know how much responsibility Fawley should bear. It’s possible that he guided Pelias. It’s equally possible that he’s completely innocent. It’s even possible that he simply stood aside and did nothing to prevent Pelias from moving towards hate. Pelias has confessed to the killing of four Muggles. Has he expressed any regret?’

‘None at all,’ Harry admitted. ‘He despises Muggles and Muggle-borns.’

‘Has he implicated his adopted father in any way?’

‘No,’ Harry admitted.

‘Then if you, personally, want to continue investigating Fawley, you’ll have to apply for a transfer into the local Sheriff’s Office, or Child Services. Fawley’s actions toward his son are not a matter for the Aurors and, having read the transcript of his interview, I think we’ll be lucky if we can get a charge of Unauthorised and Illegal Obliviation to stick.’

Harry thought back over everything the Aurors had discovered about Fawley. Forced to conclude that Kingsley was correct, he sighed.

‘You’ve caught a killer, Harry,’ said Kingsley consolingly. ‘Rejoice in that. In addition, you’ve brought Fawley’s prejudices to the Ministry’s attention. He’s a potential instigator of hate crimes. I have already placed his name on our watch list.’

‘Thank you,’ Harry nodded gratefully.

‘What about the brother, Jason? You’re charged him, too. Is he a co-conspirator or a victim?’

‘Co-conspirator, we believe,’ said Harry. ‘According to Pelias, the memory charms he used were simply to restore Jason’s memories. He claims that, when Jason found out he was adopted, and what had happened to their parents, he agreed that Greyback should die. The brothers knew they’d never be able to break into Azkaban. Pelias claims that it was actually Jason’s idea to get Greyback out.’

‘And that’s why you’ve authorised the charge despite the fact that Jason still hasn’t spoken,’ Kingsley observed. ‘His solicitor has answered no comment to every question, yet his brother has implicated him.’

‘The prosecutors have agreed that we have enough evidence, he’s been remanded.’

‘And Pelias claims that Jason planned the murders. Having read your reports, I’m not convinced you agree. Do you?’ Kingsley asked.

‘Terry and I had a long discussion about that. Terry is convinced that the RANDOM system came up with the plan.’

‘Really?’ Kingsley leant forward.

Harry nodded. ‘In his last year at Hogwarts, Jason attended a guest lecture on Arithmancy. Michael gave it. It was all about the use of Arithmancy in predictions, and it seems Michael said more about the RANDOM system than he should have. Jason’s expertise in Arithmancy is impressive, but it’s not at Michael’s level, it’s not even at Terry’s. Pelias believes his brother is an Arithmantic genius, Terry disagrees.’

‘Why not have Michael…’

‘Michael’s very fragile. Trudi, Padma and Parvati all say that he’s not fit enough to check out the system. It’s likely Jason has been Confunding and Befuddling him for months. I should have spotted it!’

‘Don’t blame yourself, Harry. Trudi didn’t notice, and she’s married to him.’

‘I’m not going to blame Trudi, either. She’s doing that herself, she’s even talking about resigning,’ said Harry.

‘She’s a good Auror, Harry,’ said Kingsley quietly. ‘But don’t try to pressure her into staying,’.

‘An Auror who’s no longer interested in the job she’s doing is a liability, I know that,’ Harry nodded in agreement. ‘I’ve authorised special circumstances leave for her, two weeks on full pay. We’ll reassess the situation then.’

‘Good,’ Kingsley nodded. ‘It will give her time to reflect.’

‘Michael can’t help us, so Terry is taking a look at the RANDOM system. I’m not going to rush him. He’s not the expert Michael is, but Padma is helpig. It will take them a few days, but first indications are that Jason was trying to use the system as a guide. He was trying to use it to predict a path towards their goal. Then we asked Michael to help us with the investigation, so both Michael and Jason were altering the information input, and they were trying to achieve different things.’

‘But you believe that the system itself suggested the killings?’

‘Yes, but Terry’s not certain why. It’s possible that the plan was simply an attempt to blackmail you–or the Wizengamot–into freeing Greyback. It’s also possible that their master plan has succeeded.’

‘Succeeded?’ Kingsley asked.

‘As Terry pointed out, they wanted an opportunity to kill Greyback. If they’re both found guilty…’

‘They’ll be in Azkaban, which is where Greyback is,’ Kingsley’s eyes widened.

‘Exactly,’ Harry agreed. ‘That’s what’s been giving me a headache. I’ve given Terry until Thursday, when I’m back in the office, to come to a conclusion.’

‘But you’re already certain of their motive? In order to achieve revenge on Greyback–a multiple-murderer who is in prison and serving a whole life tariff–the brothers killed four innocent Muggles and one of our finest Aurors?’ Kingsley was as close to anger as Harry had ever seen.

‘Terrible, isn’t it?’ Harry nodded. ‘That reminds me, about Polly…’

‘Not now, Harry,’ Kingsley said. ‘We can discuss her future when you return to work.’

‘Yes,’ Ginny called from the stairs. ‘Stick to the business at hand, Harry, and that includes keeping an eye on these two. Hello, Kingsley. Welcome to Drakeshaugh. I’ve given you as long as I can, but James and I have to leave for now. It’s time for me to take him to school.’

‘Ginny,’ Kingsley acknowledged Ginny with a smile and a nod, then turned his attention to James. ‘Hello, James, my name is Kingsley. You look very smart, is that your school uniform?’

‘Yes,’ James nodded, and fiddled nervously with the sleeves of his sweatshirt as he answered.

‘Do you like school?’ Kingsley asked.

‘It’s alright,’ James replied.

‘I expect you’ll still be here when I get back.’ As she helped her eldest into his duffel coat, Ginny smiled politely at their guest. Turning to Al and Lily who had also arrived in the lounge, she said, ‘Daddy and Kingsley will look after you until I get back.’ Returning her gaze to Kingsley, she caught his eye. ‘I’m going out for the day with my friend Jacqui. My plans mean that Harry will be looking after the kids. We’ll be leaving as soon.’

‘I understand,’ Kingsley told her.

‘Good,’ Ginny replied. ‘Come on, James. Bye.’

Followed by a chorus of goodbyes, Ginny took James’ hand and led him from Drakeshaugh.

‘Daddy needs to talk to Kingsley,’ Harry told his two youngest children. ‘Can you play in here until we’re done?’

‘Yes, Daddy,’ Al nodded.

Lily shook her head. ‘Wanna toilet!’ she announced, dancing anxiously.




When Harry returned, several minutes later, Kingsley was sitting on the floor with Al. To Harry’s surprise, they were both playing with the wooden bricks.

‘I asked Al about his friends, Henry and Annie, and he told me about the bullets James’ friend Henry gave everyone,’ said Kingsley conversationally. ‘I suspected that your report was missing some details, and from what Al has said, it appears that there are several things in your report which… require some clarification.’

Harry glared at his boss.

‘The information was freely given,’ Kingsley met his glare. ‘I would never interrogate a child, and I certainly wouldn’t use Legilimency. Do you want me to take Veritaserum? You’ll have some in your Auror wallet.’

‘No, I believe you.’ Harry replied. ‘I was going to tell you what really happened. Ginny and I discussed it earlier. But, we don’t want to make it official.’

‘I was an Auror for many years, Harry,’ Kingsley stared into Harry’s face as he spoke. ‘I’m well aware that, on rare occasions, certain things should be omitted from a report. I’ve done it myself, as you know.’ Turning back to Al, he continued, ‘I’m sorry, Al, I need to talk to your daddy. You’re a clever boy, you can build a castle of bricks without my help, can’t you?’

‘Yes,’ Al assured him.

‘My help,’ Lily offered. Harry put her down, and she scampered over to her brother.

As the two children began to chatter and plan, Harry and Kingsley returned to the fireside.

‘According to the official report, Auror McLeod was responsible for Hume’s capture, on the boundary of this property. According to Al…’

‘Al’s a child, Kingsley. Simply being the “son of Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley” is going to cause him enough problems when he gets to Hogwarts. He doesn’t need to be “Albus Potter, Child Auror,” or whatever the press would call him, too,’ said Harry firmly. ‘Hamish McLeod agreed to take the credit for the arrest of Pelias Hume.’

‘I would like to know what really happened.’

‘No one can Apparate into the Drakeshaugh grounds. Pelias Apparated to the edge of the woods and flew in on a broom. He set off the alarms the moment he crossed the wall. Unfortunately, the kids were all playing in the woods, and Pelias ran into Rosie first. She saw him and screamed. We’d all started moving when the alarm went off. I’ve got this place Mapped, as you know. I knew exactly where he was. Pelias managed to grab her, and that was when the other kids arrived. Al hit him with accidental magic. Polly was next to arrive, she had the advantage of being able to literally move through the trees. Hamish and Camelia were on security duty, they were next on the scene. By the time Ron, Hermione and I got there, it was all over. Poor Al was distraught, he thought he’d killed Pelias. In fact, he somehow managed to cast a really powerful stunning spell. Hermione thinks that the spent cartridge helped him to focus.’

‘I understand why you’ve altered the official report,’ said Kingsley sympathetically. ‘But I’d rather it was accurate.’

‘No!’

‘Hear me out…’ Kingsley insisted. ‘I pride myself in running an open and honest ministry, Harry. In my view, there have been too many secrets over the years. I propose that Auror McLeod’s statement be rewritten. It should be vague, but factual. Something along the lines of “Once the suspect was subdued, Auror McLeod transported him to an Auror cell” should cover it. We need a statement that can be released to the press.’

We’ve already got one.’

‘It claims McLeod subdued Hume. I’d rather be vague but honest, than approve a lie. I want a full–accurate in every detail–report.’

‘But…’

‘I give you my word that the full report will be “Classified Secret for operational reasons” by my order. We can drop a few hints about the secret security system around your property, that’s true, and it should allay suspicions. The report will be released to the public eventually, of course, because even classified reports are subject to the thirty-year rule. Would that be a problem? I expect Al will be able to cope with the information being released in 2039.’

‘I…’ Harry hesitated. ‘That seems reasonable, Kingsley, but can I speak to Ginny before I make a decision?’

‘Of course,’ Kingsley assured him. ‘A matter like this should be decided by the parents of the child involved, not by faceless Ministry officials, such as the Head Auror, or the Minister for Magic.’

‘Thank you,’ Harry smiled gratefully.

‘That leaves me with only one final question,’ said Kingsley. ‘Why didn’t you call the Obliviator Squad here? There were four Muggles in Drakeshaugh when your alarms went off.’

‘Two of them were under five,’ Harry pointed out.

‘But the adults, Harry, the parents…’

‘Jacqu, and Ginny had both been drinking. Jacqui fainted, she didn’t see anything.’

‘I spoke to Polly yesterday. She, too, assured me that Mrs Charlton saw, and heard, nothing.’ Kingsley frowned. ‘Unfortunately, I’ve known Polly for many years. I know when she’s lying.’

‘Jacqui saw Polly just before she fainted, but some of the Muggles at Polly’s funeral saw her, too,’ Harry protested. ‘They weren’t Obliviated, because some Muggles can see ghosts.’

‘If Jacqui saw nothing else, then we may not need to Obliviate her, but what about her husband?’

‘Mike saw the lights of the Emergency Portkeys when the Aurors all arrived, but we told him it was part of the alarm system.’

‘And he believed you?’

‘Yes.’ Harry nodded. ‘Mike’s a nice guy, and he’s not stupid, but he’s… he’s…’

‘He’s so wrapped up in the Muggle world that he can’t see beyond it?’ Kingsley suggested. The Minister leant back in his chair, apparently relaxing. Harry, however, knew that he was being observed carefully. ‘I don’t read all of the Auror Office Case Reports,’ Kingsley continued. ‘But I try to keep up with the ones submitted by the Muggle Interface Team. They are always very educational. Some Muggles simply refuse to see magic, even when it’s happening in front of their eyes; many others rationalise what they’ve seen. Only a few, like Detective Inspector Wood, have the will and determination to follow the evidence no matter how impossible it seems.’

‘Mike rationalises,’ Harry agreed. ‘Jacqui often spots something that don’t make sense to her, that’s why I suggested you use the Ministry car to get here. It’s always the little things. Nothing makes her more suspicious than visitors who seem to have arrived without a vehicle. Even then, Mike usually provides her with a logical, Muggle-friendly solution. On Saturday evening, after Jacqui fainted, he didn’t leave her side. Ginny stayed with them. He didn’t see anything but the lights, and he’s accepted the cover story. Neither of them required Obliviation.’

‘I’m sure you’re right, Harry, but you have three small children,’ Kingsley said. ‘The Obliviations will almost certainly come in the future. Why risk it?’

‘James has a friend he isn’t related to,’ said Harry. ‘He’s living among Muggles, That’s important to me, and to Ginny. It’s easy to hate strangers, it’s much harder to hate your neighbour.’

‘That’s the argument Hermione makes, too,’ Kingsley observed.

‘She talks about “othering”, and about the fear of the unknown. Hermione says that’s why a lot of purebloods hated Muggles and Muggle-borns. They were frightened, because they knew nothing about them,’ said Harry. ‘I agree.’

A bell chimed.

‘That means there’s a car coming up the lane,’ Harry observed. ‘It’ll be Ginny, Jacqui, and Annie.’

‘Annie here!’ Lily shouted, running towards the door.

Al followed closely behind his sister.

Accio coats, Accio shoes,’ Harry called, standing. Kingsley followed.




Harry heard the bike roar into life. ‘There they go,’ he observed. ‘Everything okay, Kingsley?’

‘She’s a remarkable woman,’ the Minister for Magic announced.

‘Which one?’ Harry asked.

Kingsley chuckled. ‘Good question. They’re both remarkable women, but I was referring to Mrs Charlton, not your wife. Are you certain there’s no magical blood in her family?’

‘I think there must be, but it must have been a long time ago,’ Harry said. ‘I met Jacqui’s mother once, when we were looking for Rabastan Lestrange. She gave me directions to Shivering Stone, the secret way into the werewolf village. She couldn’t quite see the entrance, but she knew there was something odd about it. Jacqui’s the same. I know Jacqui saw Polly. I suspect her mother would see her, too.’

‘It seems likely,’ said Kingsley. ‘Polly is certain that little Annie saw her, too. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak to her alone. I asked her, indirectly. She saw Polly, but doesn’t want to admit to seeing ghosts. She wants to be normal, to fit in.’

‘Knowing Muggles, I’m not sure she’s going to achieve that by going off on a motorbike with Ginny,’ Harry observed. ‘But, you agree that there’s no reason to Obliviate her?’

‘Yes,’ Kingsley nodded. ‘She’s disappointed by the fact that she didn’t see the hiker, but she’s accepted your story. You’re going to have to tread carefully, Harry. You deserve a normal life, and so do your children, just remember that no one can break the Statute of Secrecy, not even you. I’d best be going. Goodbye, Al; goodbye, Lily; goodbye, Annie.’

‘Bye-bye swing-king,’ the children chorused.
Reviews 849
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear