Search:

SIYE Time:18:10 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memoirs of a Red Headed Witch
By My Wicked Quill

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Humor, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 136
Summary: Ginny Weasley was always overlooked. Always the youngest, always the smallest, and was never really given the chance to let her voice be heard. But sometimes the best insight comes from those who were always in the background. Her story of redemption, loyalty and love, proves that she was never just the Weasley brothers' little sister.
Hitcount: Story Total: 177797; Chapter Total: 8189
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



"Can you feel it building? Like a wave the ocean just can't control
Connected by a feelin', ooh, in our very souls (very souls)
Rising 'til it lifts us up, so everyone can see
We're breakin' free
We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin', yeah, we're breakin' free
Oh, we're breakin' free! Ooh..."

-Breaking Free, High School Musical


“I have to wonder,” I said on our way to lunch the next day, “Has Slughorn noticed any difference in you since you disposed of the Half Blood Prince? I mean, the Prince practically gave you all the answers all the time.”

“He just says I’m lovesick,” Harry laughed.

“Then he must be a bit put off with me then? Right?”

“No, he definitely approves- he likes you; he says you remind him of my mum.”

“I’ve been hearing a lot of that lately.”

Harry shrugged. “My mom must have really been great.”

The Potters were a taboo subject with Harry; he tried to act indifferent about the fact that his parents weren’t around but everyone knew it got him wound up. He would defend his parents honor ‘til the day he died and he had never even met them. He just avoided the subject when he could; which was hard seeing that they were two of the most well-like and famous wizards of our time.

“Of course she was.” Then I maneuvered the conversation back to its original subject. “Have you been suffering though, without the Prince’s help?”

“Well, the Prince did teach me enough to hold out on my own for a while, obviously not like Hermione, but still. I think that soon I might-”

“You are not going back for that book.”

“But-”

“No buts. It got you in enough trouble to start with; anyway if you really do want to be an Auror,
Harry, then you need to gain your marks on your own.”

Sighing, Harry gave up his argument.

“You are planning on Auror training after you graduate, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I guess that’s the only thing that I would be good at really: defeating dark wizards.”

“Maybe, or maybe you can be great at whatever you put your mind to.” Somehow the idea that he was only good at fighting wizards didn’t rest well with me- if it wasn’t something he wanted to do then why should he do it?

“You’re growing sentimental Ginny Weasley.”

“Eat your heart out, it doesn’t happen often.”

Harry laughed again then grew curious. “And you? What are you planning on doing?”

Hmmm…. what did I want to do? That was easy. “Quidditch. But that’s not really something I can control is it? Either I have it or I don’t,” I told him as we finished the last flight of stairs.

“I think you’ve got it, and that’s coming from your captain, not your boyfriend.”

“I think it’s coming from a little bit of both.”

“Anyway- what team then, Chaser?”

Obviously he had never been in my room before, I thought it was common knowledge that I didn’t root for the Cannons like my naïve brother. “The Holy Head Harpies of course.”

“I wonder what your brother has to say about that,” Harry questioned, trying to hide a grin.

“Do you even think I’d stop to care?” Nor did I care that at that moment Romilda was shooting
daggers at Harry and me from across the crowded corridor.

“Not particularly,” he said, “he’d be a little more than put off when he finds his own sister playing for the rival team.”

“The Holys are hardly the Cannons’ rival. Besides, other than giving me permission to date you, he had no say in anything else I do with my life.”

Harry stopped dead in his tracks causing me to stop as well. “Wait did I hear you right? You gave him permission to give you permission to date me?” The crowd hording towards the food continued past us, and I longed to be one of them, my stomach wasn’t very happy at the moment.
“You?”

I shrugged knowing he was going to want an explicit explanation, hopefully I could manage to steer myself out of it. “In my own twisted logic, yes, though you’re going to have to find a way to say that that won’t make me sound like a head case.”

He was about to say something when I lifted an eyebrow, “Don’t even think about it.”

“Never was,” he lied.

“Come on Potter,” I said tugging at his hand, “I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry. But don’t think you can distract me, why the change of heart? Last night you almost bit his head off.”

Had I really been that harsh? Perhaps. “Look Harry it’s simple; Ron is your best friend. And with your history, I know that you take Ron’s opinions- however barmy they may be- to heart. I know how much his friendship means to you. So if it only takes Ron’s blessing to have you keep this up with me, then it’s alright with me. For the record, I knew he’d be ok with us before you did, but if he had gone the other way…” I looked up into his eyes noting that the banter mood had evaporated. “I would never have made you choose between us.”

He responded with a kiss, and pulling me into a narrow space behind a statue of a renowned centaur in the empty hallway. Pushing me up against it he grabbed my face.

“What are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m trying to snog my brilliant girlfriend before lunch.” He
captured my lips again and rendered me speechless. There was something about kissing Harry, it was so addicting; he was so sweet and gentle. Not like Dean who always seem about ready to ravage me all the time. That’s when I thought of something.

I pulled away. He grinned and started pressing chaste kisses along my jaw line. I had a thought a moment before, I really did have one…but his breath was so warm…

“I thought you hated public displays of intimate affection,” I said when my brain returned from the fog. I couldn’t help but picture his reaction to finding Dean and I in that corridor.

He moved to press his forehead to mine, scrunching his eyebrows. “Where did you get that from? Ginny have you already forgotten our first kiss?”

He had a point.

“But…but what about when you and Ron walked in on Dean and me? You seemed so…disappointed.” It was tight and dark in the corner he enclosed me in so reading his face wasn’t the easiest task. But I did see him shake his head.

“Ginny, did it ever occur to you that maybe I wasn’t so much disappointed as I was jealous?”

“What?”

He laughed, “I wasn’t doing anything at that moment other than wishing it was me you had been kissing in the secluded corners of the castle.”

I was shocked, so utterly shocked all I could say was, “You know, I lost sleep over that.”

“Over the fact that you thought I was disappointed?”

“Yes.”

He kissed me again, “That’s ridiculous.”

“I really care about your opinion,” I admitted, which I probably wouldn’t have if he had been so close and influential.

He blushed at the comment in a very Harry-ish manner taking one hand from my back to ruffle his hair.

“But hey,” I continued cupping his face so that he wouldn’t look anywhere but me, “I don’t think you pulled me back here for talking.”

Before I could even finish, he was kissing me again. My hands moved from his face to his hair, reveling in the silky, messy feel of it. “So how many points do you think we’ll lose if we get caught?” I panted a few minutes later when his lips moved to my jaw again.

“Mmmm…50...each?” he murmured.

“Maybe…”

“Depends on who catches us.”

“Snape…200...”

“Each,” he decided.

My fingers found the hem of his un-tucked shirt. I felt his smile against my skin as his lips moved down to my neck, but at the same time heard voices on the other side of the statue. “We’re going to get caught,” I groaned.

“Shh,” he warned as the voices died away, “We need a better place within the castle.”

I ran a finger across his midriff beneath his school shirt, holding back a chuckle when he shivered. “Any ideas?”

“Well there is this broom closet on the second floor that-” he didn’t get to finish as I pulled him away from the statue and up the stairs once more, “I thought you were hungry!” He called from behind me.

“I’m easily distracted!”

Where was that bloody closet?

“From food?”

I looked back at him; he was desperately trying to fix his hair again, “Don’t bother with that! No
one is going to notice the difference!” Besides, the moment we made it there it was going to get a lot worse.

“Guess you’re right-”

I had found the door to the broom closet and that conversation was never finished.

****


“How much do you think I can get for this piece of art?” Colin thrusted a photograph in my face. Neville looked over from beside me and we both stared at a beautifully angled shot of Harry sweeping me off my feet in a tasteful kiss in the midst of the Gryffindor Quidditch Party.

“Wow,” I breathed. I couldn’t believe Colin had captured that moment, and so incredibly!

“It’s great isn’t it? Imagine what that prophet would pay for a photo of the Chosen One with his Chosen One.”

I took the photo from his hand and stared at it in a daze. It was like a scene from a fairytale.

“You wouldn’t do that, Colin.” Neville said without a hint of question in his voice.

I looked up at Neville with a smile, “Thanks, I definitely wouldn’t want to hear it from my mum just yet as to how I ended up front page of the paper.”

Neville shook his head, “I’d be more worried about all the angry mail you’d get from Harry fanatics, and honestly, I’d be most worried about what Harry’s enemies would do.”

Colin slumped into the seat beside me. “Well, there goes that.”

I lowered the photo onto my lap and took a deep breath, “Thanks for the healthy dose of reality Neville.”

“I’m happy for you though, Ginny, I don’t think I mentioned it before.”

“It’s still a great photo,” grumbled Colin.

I laughed and put my arm around him. “It’s the best! Can I keep it Colin? Oh please, can I keep it?”

He shrugged, “Yeah, I have a copy of it for my portfolio, not that I can do much with it now.”

“Maybe one day-”

“Well isn’t this cozy,” I never understood why Draco Malfoy felt the need to sneak up on people from behind. Was it impossible for him to approach people normally? Perhaps with a greeting? “The Weaselette draped over two Gryffindors. And Neither of which is the one she’s so publicly courting.”

Draco looked worse for wear. In all the time I’d known him I had never seen him look so thin and pale. The black around his eyes glowed. “Does Potter know you’re passing yourself around?”

Neville went to stand and I touched him on his arm, letting him know I was handling it. “Harry is aware of the fact I have friends; do you know what friends are Draco?”

“Where is Potter anyway? Trying to kill more Slytherins? And you all say we discriminate.”

“What business is it of yours where Harry is?” asked Colin.

“Well considering I know for a fact he’s been keeping tabs on me, I’d call it fair game.”

So Malfoy knew Harry had been following him all year. “He’s meeting with the Headmaster. Important business. Nothing to do with you.” I figured it wouldn’t hurt letting Malfoy know the Headmaster was on Harry’s side.

“Well, I’d be more careful if I were you Weasley, you wouldn’t want Potter to find out what you’ve been up to when he’s not around.”

“Malfoy not even you can ruin my good mood, so why don’t you stop trying and leave us be.”

He stared blankly, and then swiftly turned and continued on his way.

Colin’s mouth fell open, “What was that?”

“I can’t believe he just walked away,” Neville was as astonished as I was.

We watched him take the last seat available at the Slytherin table, and being to eat, completely alone.

“There’s something up with him lately,” I said.

“He looks…. sick.”

“That he does, Neville. That he does.”

*****

“Sorry I’m late! Flitwick loves to keep me after class to give me more material. It’s not always fun being-”

“Shh,” he said.

Shaking my head with a smile, I closed my eyes and stayed still, feeling the breeze on my skin.

We sat there, Harry and I, for I don’t know how long. Just enjoying the peace together suspended 70 feet in the air. It was a weightless feeling; with closed eyes challenging your balance and nothing but the broom between your legs, falling to your death was highly likely. It was scary and exhilarating and liberating all at once.

“I can almost picture all of it, you know.”

“What?” I asked lazily keeping my eyes closed.

“A future.”

I looked at him then, he hadn’t moved a muscle. His jaw which was usually tense was relaxed his shoulders were down; his entire exterior was down. “Oh, yeah?”

“Yeah. I see a job with the Aurors and Sunday dinners at the Burrow and…”

“And?”

“And a house with a lot of land- enough to ride- enough to -to do this. Everyday.”

“That sounds really nice.”

Harry looked at me then, his face bright with happiness or perhaps a small blush. I knew admitting something like this was unnatural for him. But he knew I’d never embarrass him. “Yeah, it does, doesn’t it?”

“It won’t be hard to make all that happen, you know. It’ll come as easy as living.”

He smiled. How I loved his smile.

“Get on,” he said.

“What?”

“Come over here, get on my broom.”

“Have you ever flown with another person on your broom before?”

“There’s a first time for everything.” I couldn't deny the adventurous gleam in his eye.

“Promise you won’t drop me?”

“Promise.”

My heart pounded as I wrapped my leg over his broom. Harry kept my broom steady as I shifted my weight. Anyone looking from down below must have thought we were insane. Once I was safely settled in front of him, he banished my broom back to the school cupboards and he wrapped his arms around my waist, gripping the handle, “Hold on tight.”

His Firebolt sprang into motion, propelling us forward. A few laps around the pitch later, I felt comfortable enough to reposition myself. With a quick twist I was facing him and he slowed.

“Are you crazy?” he asked, looking more amused than alarmed.

“No more than you, I’m afraid.”

“Well that’s not so promising.”

I laughed but then kissed him. Up 70 feet in the sky above the Quidditch pitch with the sun dipping behind the hills, I decided that I could definitely do that every day.



*****
“To the library, Ginny,” Hermione warned pointing her finger at the portrait hole.

I looked around her, to where she gestured, and then back to my position, comfortably settled on Harry’s lap by the fire. “Err…I’m fine thanks.”

No doubt she was going to try to tell Harry about her newest suspect to whom the Half-Blood Prince was; I knew Harry didn’t really care.

“Ginny! Your exams are two weeks away!”

“And I’m prepared for them!”

“Not as much as you could be; this is serious Ginny! Harry, don’t just sit there back me up,” she told him with her hands on her hips.

“Um…I’d rather stay out of this if you don’t mind,” Harry grimaced.

“Ron?”

“Anything to get her away from him, I’m sick from their Fligils.”

Harry reached over and threw a cushion at my brother, I laughed as it hit him square in the face.

“Is anyone worried about her future here? Am I the only one who is taking this seriously?”

“Yes,” we all replied unanimously.

“Ginevra, if you don’t get your butt in the library I am going to owl your mother and tell her that-”

“Fine! Fine! I’m going.” I wasn’t ready to tell my mother anything, especially not when she was a floo away from my brothers. I kissed Harry one last time, and rushed out of the room before Hermione could say anything else. The hallways weren’t busy, a few students here and there were determined to get to where they were going. I sighed, damn O.W.L.s.

“I was hoping to run into you,” came a voice from beside me. I jumped, startled as Dumbledore appeared at my side.

“Sorry, Professor, I didn’t see you there.”

“Quite alright, on your way to do some studying I assume?” he asked with a gentle smile.

I nodded, “Yes, sir. O.W.Ls start soon.”

“And Miss. Granger can be rather persuasive, can’t she?”

How did that man know everything? “Extremely,” I sighed.

We rounded a corner into another rather empty corridor. “You’ve taken my advice I see.”

“Not that I’d forget anything you’ve ever told me, but what advice are you referring to now, Professor?”

“Well, if you weren’t studying right now where would you be?” I looked up at him and noting the mischief in his smirk I looked away blushing. Where would I have been? Most likely inside of a broom closet. “Ah, silence speaks wonders.”

“Obviously you know about Harry and me…”

He laughed, “Oh yes, you two seem very happy.” That’s when I understood what advice he was speaking of, making your own happiness in times where there seems like there is none left. I guess Harry and I took a huge leap into doing that.

“You were right, Professor, as always.”

His light hearted expression died slowly, “I’m not always right, Miss. Weasley; there is not one person who is always right. However, I know what I am doing from time to time.”

I wanted to laugh. This was Albus Dumbledore! The one of the greatest wizards of all time! Nothing could prove him wrong.

But of course we’d find that he was right about that too.

“I also wanted to thank you for being there for Harry when I’ve been so busy these past few months. My meetings with Harry have been purely business and I haven’t been able to ask him about more personal matters. Although, I have to say I do believe he’s enjoyed your company much more than mine,” he added.

This only made me blush some more. “You’re welcome.”

We were growing nearer to the library now, “Ever since the incident with the chamber all those years ago, I knew that you both would be good together. You children have seen things far beyond your years and because of that, you’ve become amazing adults. I hope you all know I’m very proud.”

I stopped my pace and met his eyes. He was speaking as though…. “Where is this coming from, Professor?”

He put a hand on my shoulder, the black withered one. I tried not to stare. “From an old man who has never said it before, and feels that it needs to be said.”

I smiled, “I wouldn’t say we are amazing adults, we still get into ridiculous amounts of trouble, we don’t know what we are doing half the time, and well, I…I’m not sure that I-”

“Miss. Weasley, you are one of the cleverest witches I have ever met; there is no need to doubt yourself. Just make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”

There were no words I could pull together that would match the graveness of which he spoke. “I’ll remember that.”

He raised his hand as his sleeve concealed his strangely damaged hand once more. “Then off to your studies, Miss. Weasley, I don’t want to keep you.”

“You weren’t keeping me, Sir; speaking with you is always a highlight of my day.”

He paused for a moment, and I noticed a bit of sadness in his eyes. “Your words are most rewarding, thank you, Ginny.”

“Of course-” but he was gone.

I stared after him as he swiftly made his way, trying to shrug off the feeling that there was a hidden meaning to all he said. Finally, I put it out of my mind and entered the library.


****
The chamber was wet… wet, slimy and humid. Even with the massive space, I could hardly breathe.

…There was blood, so much blood, coming from me… and coming from the body a few feet away, a body that I couldn’t identify from where I was. I couldn’t stand…I couldn’t scream…the diary was open and I was being sucked into it. I wanted the body to get up and help me, yet no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t yell for help…

…The third task was in full blown chaos. One moment Fred and George were taking bets on who would win the tournament the next there were screams and wails. I pushed people out of the way to find Cedric dead on the ground. His body was bleeding…that couldn’t be right he shouldn’t be bleeding…that wasn’t how it happened…. Harry was nowhere to be found all there was… was Cedric’s body…. dead…

…Sirius was fighting in the Department of Mysteries; I had seen it before and I knew what was going to happen. I saw Bellatrix raise her wand and I tried to scream out to him. Nothing came out. I yelled and I yelled but there was nothing but a sick buzzing in my ear. Then it happened all over again, the green light hit him square in the chest and he fell. Only, this time, Remus wasn’t there to catch Harry. I watched as he followed Sirius, running to catch him. I was screaming telling him to stop but it was too late, Harry threw himself into the veil after his godfather…

….The Department of Mysteries was crumbling; the walls came down to reveal another room. I was back in the Chamber of Secrets. The book was still open and the unconscious form was still bleeding…

“This is just the beginning Ginny,” a voice spoke out from behind me, a voice that I never wanted to hear again.

Tom’s handsome face came into view, stalking towards me like I was something to eat. “Leave me alone Tom,” I called shakily.

“Always a firecracker weren’t you, Ginny? I’ve missed you.”

“Go to hell.”

Tom only just smiled and knelt down before me, “Manners, dear.”

He went to reach for me but I spat in his face.

“Ugh!” he screamed stepping away to wipe it off. “You whiny brat, I should have killed you when I had the chance.”

I was still bleeding profoundly from an unknown source, but I found I was able to move. Slowly I made my way over to the body. Harry would be here any minute I told myself, he was coming.

“He’s not going to save you this time Ginny. Take this as a warning- this is all just the beginning. Harry Potter will not be the end of me.” I finally crawled close enough so I could shake the person laying there and try to get them conscious, though I couldn’t tell who it was. But that all changed when the body sagged and rolled onto its back. “I will be the end of him.”

Harry.





“Harry!” I screamed sitting up in my dorm bed.

Thankfully, it seemed I hadn’t woken anyone. So many thoughts and images were floating in my mind, blinking faces of people dead or injured, so many my head throbbed.

I took deep, slow breaths, still shaking from the dream. It was so real. As real as… as his voice. I hadn’t heard Tom in so long. I had a dark feeling he’d just sent me the dream.

The dream was becoming a jumble of blurred memories; I could hardly understand it anymore. I knew this was the moment were you forgot the dream. I tried to grasp it again. I tried to remember. Tom said something…. something important…

Tears fell from my eyes even though I wasn’t aware I had been crying. Shuffling out of bed quickly, I shoved my feet into my slippers and tied my bathrobe. The common room was deserted, of course, and that was fine with me. I sat and tucked my legs under me. My regular breathing pattern hadn’t returned. What had Tom meant Harry wouldn’t be the end of him? Like there were only two choices; Harry killing him or him killing Harry. It made no sense.

It was just a dream.

A very real dream.

Something deep inside me told me not to let it go. I didn’t want it to start happening again. I didn’t want to hear him anymore. I didn’t want to let myself, I didn’t want to be vulnerable again I had worked so hard to not be affected by his magic. But as I sat in the common room I felt it all around me. A presence. A cold breeze. An energy. It got to me in my sleep. I was vulnerable in my sleep. Tom was close. I knew it.

“Ginny?”

I turned around, not even slightly surprised to see Harry walking into the room. He must have
sensed it too. “Hi.”

He came around and knelt on the ground to meet my eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“Can’t sleep.” Not a lie, but not the truth. He would know.

He cupped my face, “Gin? Tell me.”

I stared into the fire. I didn’t want to worry him. I didn’t want to pop our perfect bubble of love and happiness.

But this was Harry, if I wanted him to tell me about everything then why wouldn’t I be able to let him in as well. I hated double standards. “Just another nightmare.”

He stroked my hair, I loved it when he did that, it sent tingles all over. “You still have them?”

“No. Just tonight.”

Harry stood and sat next to me rubbing my back. “Was it Tom?”

That was the Harry I knew, incisive, there was no eating around the bush with him. “Yes…but I guess there was more than just that…I can’t remember-”

“You don’t have to; forget about it, it was only just a dream.”

“No. Harry you have to believe me this was not just a dream, no matter how much I wish it was something keeps telling me that this has a deeper meaning. Every time I hear Tom it means something awful is happening.”

“Gin…” he sounded doubtful, and why wouldn’t he be? But I had to make him believe me.

“Harry, when people tell you ‘It’s just a dream’ you follow your gut anyway right?”

“It’s not the same; I have some kind of connection with Voldemort-”

“And I don’t?”

Harry looked at me solemnly then pulled me into his lap, holding me close. “Tell me about the dream.”

Resting my head against his chest I tried my hardest to remember some kind of inkling. “I saw Sirius…and Cedric…their deaths. Tom had me in the chamber he was talking to me…” My brain was reeling, “He said that you wouldn’t be there to save me this time.”

“You see? That proves it. It was just a dream, I was there Gin, I got you out,” he whispered in my ear kissing the side of my head.

“But he said something else… he said that you wouldn’t be the end of him, that he would be the end of you,” Harry stiffened beneath me though he did his best to cover it up. “Do you know what that means?”

“No.” I didn’t think he was being honest with me.

“Something is going to happen, Harry. I feel it; something bad is going to happen today.”

“Don’t get too worked up about it, dreams come and go Gin. I’ve had some nasty ones too, mostly memories from the past, and it doesn’t have to mean anything.”

We stayed there like that not moving until I remembered another part of the dream. “You were dead,” I whispered.

“I was…dead?”

“In the Chamber…but you weren’t twelve at all…you were…maybe a bit older than you are
now.”

He didn’t utter a word at first, nor did I; so much could be said just by the way we held each other. “Today’s not going to be a good day, Harry, please believe me.”

“I do, Ginny. I do.”

That was how we were; no matter how far out things could get we understood each other. Was that what Dumbledore had meant the day before? What was he trying to tell me? It had sounded at first like a long winded way of saying goodbye. That made no sense. I saw Professor Dumbledore every day.

“Professor Dumbledore was speaking strangely to me last night.”

“Dumbledore? What did he say?” Harry asked.

“He told me he was proud of us, all of us, and that he wasn’t always right about things…and got me wondering if it had anything to do with the meetings you’re taking with him.” When he stayed silent I sat up and looked him in the eyes. “What is he teaching you, Harry?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you really that desperate to use such a terrible lie?”

He looked away, “I’m not sure if I can tell you.”

“But you can tell Ron and Hermione?” It even hurt me to say it.

“Only because they were involved with this since the beginning, Ginny, I don’t want you to worry- Dumbledore is just teaching me everything about Voldemort, his past and all.”

Voldemort? I figured it had something to do with that but why would Harry need to know about him anyway? I let that piece of knowledge digest.

“Why Voldemort, Harry? What is it about him that no one knows? Why does it always come down to you?”

There was something bigger going on here, something that not even the Order knew; if they did they wouldn’t always be questioning whether or not Harry should be involved.

“How exactly are you connected to Voldemort?” I asked persistently, why hadn’t I seen this before? This great big mystery.

And then it clicked.

“The prophecy right? You know it. Dumbledore knows it, even Ron and Hermione…”

He sighed. “Yeah. Ginny I want to tell you, I do, but I don’t think I can.”

“You don’t trust me?”

“I trust you more than anyone.” His earnest voice didn’t match with the situation.

“Then why won’t you tell me?”

“It’s not my call, it was Dumbledore. But if it makes you feel better I’ll ask him today alright?”

I nodded, and relaxed again. I knew I wasn’t going to be fall back to sleep, not after that dream. There were so many things to consider, the prophecy, Tom’s words, Dumbledore’s words, it all meant something, something obvious that I couldn’t see.

“What do we do now? I mean, everyone else will think I’m crazy or something. Please don’t tell anyone about the dream.”

“I won’t. And I guess we’ll just have to keep our eyes open wider today. I’ve haven’t seen you this shaken up in a long time, Ginny.”

“I still hear him.”

“What?”

I paused, nervous. “Tom Riddle, well, Voldemort. I used to hear him in my head. After the chamber… when he came back in power…. He…I…. He would speak to me.”

Harry stayed silent.

“Remember when you came to me and asked about my first encounter with the dementors? I told you I heard Tom’s voice, but I never told you…I never told anyone that I still do sometimes. Well, except for Remus,” I continued, “And Dumbledore. I knew Voldemort came back that night, the night Cedric died. I felt it. I heard him, Dumbledore said my reaction was his first sign that it was truly happening, that the Dark Lord was truly returning.

“I heard him in the Ministry, I told Remus that Voldemort had arrived and Remus believed me because he… he understands. They both told me not to worry too much that I am just sensitive to his magic when it’s present. But the voice is real, Harry. I hear it, whether it comes from my subconscious or not, I hear it.”

Still nothing from my boyfriend. I waited a moment more, then twisted in his arms to look at him. I was shocked to see tears in his eyes.

“I just, I need you to believe me,” I said softly.

He looked at me and though I could see there were thousands of question in his eyes, “I do,” he croaked. “I do.”

I nodded in relief, a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. The secrets between us… there were too many.

“Ginny how-”

I sighed. “Shh, we have loads of time to talk about it, right now…Just hold me.”

“I can do that.”

I knew, my gut told me over and over that that day wasn’t going to end happily, yet I went on with it. And right there sitting in the common room with Harry I could almost pretend it was just another day. But we had no idea that in just a few hours’ time, our lives would change again, but that time, there was nothing we could do to find our way back to complete happiness, not for a long while anyway.

I enjoyed that hour by the fire alone with Harry before the students aroused themselves enough to get out of bed. And if I had known it would be the last, I would have made it more.

Reviews 136
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear