Search:

SIYE Time:21:16 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Engagement
By Fire_kei

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB, Post-DH/PM
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: What do you think would happen if by some twist of fate, Harry Potter was already engaged well before he ever started to date Ginny? This is the story of that particular twist in the fates, and how the golden couple deals with it.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8095



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. This is her world, I just play in it when she isn't looking.



Author's Notes:
This is another pseudo one-shot. It is a stand alone, but part of a much larger story that I am building. I hope this little story is enough to whet every ones appetite.

Many many thanks to my Beta, Tom, who helped out tremendously.




ChapterPrinter


Harry sat in his favorite reading chair in his flat in London. He loved it when he had the flat to himself. Ron and Hermione were off to Australia for the week visiting Hermione’s parents, who had chosen to stay there after the War. Ginny, who still did not technically live with him and Ron, but who spent enough time in the flat that Harry’s closet was half filled with her things, was off practicing with the Harpies and would not be back for several more hours.

Therefore, Harry Potter, dressed in only shorts, jumped when someone knocked rather insistently at his front door.

Reflexes still toned from playing Seeker and the seven years of hell that was his education, Harry had his wand at the ready. The visitor knocked again, and Harry walked to the door, grumbling something about nerves. When he opened the door, his wand fell from his hand in mute shock.

One of the most beautiful women he had ever seen was standing on his doorstep in the middle of a Saturday afternoon. Her waist length silver hair was sparkling and her radiant smile made Harry’s knees buckle slightly. His mind began to fog with a mist that he had not felt in over seven years. In some far off place in Harry’s mind, that part that was a dedicated Auror noticed it at once: Veela charm.

“Hello, Harry. It has been too long since I have seen you.” floated the sweet, silky, French-accented voice.

“Do I know you, ma’am?” asked Harry, his mind fighting to stay clear of the fog.

“Why Harry, it is I, Gabrielle, Gabrielle Delacour. The woman you are to marry.”

“WHAT!” Harry exclaimed, taking a step back. Gabrielle stepped into the flat.

“Don’t you remember Harry? That day in the lake, at Hogwarts, after you saved me? Do you remember what you and I promised each other?”

Harry’s eyes closed in recollection. In his haste to get Ron out of the water, and check on Hermione and Cho, Harry did recall that Gabrielle swore that his heroics had gained her hand in marriage. When Harry smiled absently at her, looking for his friends over his head, Fleur asked him if he was sure. Harry again agreed, not paying attention. Several days later, Harry realized what he had agreed to, and went to Hermione for help. Hermione waved it off, saying that Gabrielle was very like Ginny, a star-struck little girl that couldn’t control what she said in front of such a famous person, that in the end, it would be just an innocent comment.

Harry did not appreciate that one of the few times Hermione was wrong, it had to do with marriage. In hindsight, he was now engaged to Ginny, and he was deeply in love with the red head. Apparently, the rambling of young girls was something to pay attention to. Obviously, Gabrielle did, and was serious about it.

“Well, Harry, are you going to let me in?” she asked, already over the threshold.

“Um, yeah, sure. Come on in. Give me a minute to put on some clothes,” he said, realizing that he stood in a pair of football shorts and nothing else.

“I rather like you this way. I see that you have kept yourself in shape. That is very nice of you. I do rather like this look better than how you looked when you accepted my hand.”

“About that, Gabrielle, I think there was a bit of a mis-communication.” Harry swallowed hard. “I don’t even really know who you are, other, and than Fleur’s sister.”

“Harry, there will be plenty of time to get to know each other when we are married,” she smiled a smile that made Harry go numb. “Unless you have the time right now?” The promise implied in that single, simple smile sent shivers up Harry Potter’s back, and for a moment, he considered. Before she could take a step, he recovered.

“No. Gabrielle, I don’t love you. Hell, I don’t even like you in that way,” Harry scrambled for words. “It is, well I love Ginny, and I want to be with her. Can you understand that?”

“Are you two engaged?” asked Gabrielle simply.

“Yes.”

“Thank you for not lying, my dear.”

Gabrielle smiled, and produced a long, thin wand. With a flick, faster the Harry suspected, she shot a length of rope, binding Harry. She banished him across the room, and turned, quite seductively, to close the door and retrieve Harry’s discarded wand. Harry struggled against his bonds as Gabrielle took her sweet time looking around the flat.

“Do you live here alone?” she asked, nonchalantly.

“No, I share it with Ron, although Hermione and Ginny stay here quite often.”

“Ah, I see why she holds such appeal,” Gabrielle voice was a dangerous growl, but recovered quickly, “anyway, I will be able to take care of that scarlet woman,” she laughed. “No pun intended.”

“You will not harm a hair on her!” yelled Harry.

“Are you sure? Well, since she means so much to you, no, I won’t, but, seeing as I am much more attractive than she, and she is bound to come home soon, I will make sure that she will not be able to forgive you. Then with her out of your life, there will be nothing stopping our marriage. Believe me, Mr. Potter, I am more than capable of removing her from your mind, if not through my considerable beauty, then by performing a strong enough memory charm to keep you to myself.” The look in Gabrielle’s eye was dangerous.

“Gabrielle, I am not going to let you do this.”

“My dear husband-to-be, you have no choice.”

***

Ginny smiled to herself as she walked up the stairs to the flat that Ron and Harry shared. She had skived off practice early. She wanted to surprise her soon-to-be husband, and spend some alone time with him, without her big brother in the house. Her mom did not expect her home for several hours, and that would be more then enough time with Harry alone. She did not want to cross the line so close to their wedding, but snogging did seem to keep both of them happy. If it were anyone else she was to marry, Ginny knew that Molly would never have let her stay over as often as she thought. Yet, since it was Harry, and she was in the same flat as Ron, there seemed to be a gray area, which Ginny deliberately exploited. Fred would be proud.

Ginny also knew that she didn’t want to just spend some time with Harry for just the snogging, although in her mind, she did enjoy it. There was still a part of her that was afraid he would leave her again. As much as she told him she did, Ginny was still afraid that this whole thing was one of George’s daydream charms. This was a dream come true for her; she was marrying her prince, the one who had gone to the edge of death and back for her, and because of her.

Still, Ginny harbored the same jealous streak that had caused Ron so much trouble over the years. Ginny didn’t appreciate it when Cho kissed Harry on the cheek during the last get together of the D.A., or how his partner, a very pretty American witch, would owl him in the middle of the night, or make all too obvious passes at him. Harry claimed he had no idea what Ginny got so worked up about. Harry constantly had to remind her that he chose her, and not someone else. The thought made her smile and she ran up the steps even faster

As she approached the door, Ginny’s sixth sense, honed during her time in the D.A., picked up something that did not quite fit. As Ginny stood at the doorstep, two things set off her mind. French perfume, one that Fleur had given Ginny for her birthday, lingered on the doorstep, and what worried Ginny more, was the unnatural silence, the silence induced by a silencing charm cast around the entire flat.

Ginny drew her wand and left her broom and equipment off to the side. With a moment to compose herself, Ginny rushed into the flat.

She found Harry, wearing only a pair of shorts, on the floor, with a beautiful blond girl straddling him, kissing Harry wildly. Ginny went from shock to anger, but time spent in the D.A. did hone her senses to realize that Harry, who she had been kissing since she was fifteen years old, did not have his hands anywhere on the unknown girl's nearly nude body. Harry, Ginny knew, was a very touchy kisser. That was enough to stop Ginny from storming out of the flat.

The blond stopped kissing Harry and looked up. It was Gabrielle, Fleur's younger sister.

“Hello, Gabrielle. Now, get off of my man.” Ginny flicked her wand, and hit the youngest Delacour with a stunning spell.

Ginny looked down at the bound and silenced Harry. A quick assessment told her that Harry, even though he was nearly naked and had just been straddled by a beautiful naked half-Veela, did not react the way she knew most any other man would. “You are a well trained Auror, aren’t you, Harry?” Ginny tried to put humor in her voice, but failed miserably. “When I get done with her, you better have a good story.”

Ginny walked over to the unconscious Gabrielle and made sure that she had no wand, then muttered ”Incarcerous” and conjured a blanket to cover her. Then Ginny walked to the fireplace, and fire-called Fleur at Shell Cottage.

Ginny struggled hard to keep her voice in check, but again failed. Ginny’s voice was harsh, nearly accusing her sister-in-law of planning the whole thing in order to sabotage her wedding. After several minutes, Ginny seemed to realize that Fleur had a look of pure horror, and then paused to look at her sister-in-law.

“Did you hurt Gabrielle?” asked Fleur, her voice slightly quivering.

“No, just stunned. Do you have any idea to what’s going on?”

“Some. Give me a few minutes to get Bill, so he can watch Victoire I will be there in a few minutes.”

Ginny pulled her head out of the fireplace, more confused now then when she had walked into the room to find her fiancé being straddled by some leggy blonde-haired girl.

“Harry, I am going to give you back your voice, but leave the ropes;” Ginny’s voice was dangerously cold. “Because if I don’t like what I hear, I am going to make sure I can torture you for a long time.” With a wave of her wand, Ginny gave him back his voice.

“I love you! You do know that, right?” were the first things out of his mouth. Not a good way to start she thought. “Gabrielle thought that she and I were engaged to be married. She said it happened back during the Triwizard Tournament. I don’t remember when exactly it happened, hell I can’t even be sure that was what she said but she was sure. I wrote it off as the babbling of a nine-year-old who life I just saved. She apparently had other plans; she wanted to claim me as her own. She must have read of our engagement. She came ready to make sure you never got in her way again, but after I pleaded, she decided to change her plan. I am really sorry, Gin, I didn’t think, and she caught me off guard.”

Ginny looked down at her husband-to-be and thought hard for a moment. She realized that there was nothing but sincerity in those beautiful green eyes, and forgave him without a moment’s hesitation. Even the jealousy that wanted so much to curse him into oblivion receded. He was pleading with her. Not making excuses, but pleading, again taking someone else guilt on to himself, “Is being married to you going to be like this?” she asked, the humor back in her voice. Harry physically relaxed and shook his head.

Fleur popped out of the fireplace. When she took in the scene, she yelped in fright and ran to her unconscious sister. “She came to claim you, didn’t she?” asked Fleur.

“How do you know that?”

“I got her letter just now. She hasn’t been well, Gabrielle, for several years now. It seems that she has lost a part of her mind. For the last year, she had been telling our parents that she would be getting married with you as soon as she finished school. They tried to talk her down, but to no avail. I guess the news of your engagement must have sent her over.” Fleur straightened. “I will be taking her to St. Mungo’s. Please, can we keep this quiet? I do not want to cause issues in the family.”

When Ginny nodded her agreement, Fleur took her sister and flooed her away.

“Well, Harry, we still have a few hours, why don’t we take a shower.” Ginny’s eyes were twinkling.

“But I like the smell of your sweat.” he complained.

“But I don’t like the smell of Veela on you, so shower, now.”

“Gin, I am still tied up.”

Ginny smiled. “I know, Potter. You got yourself into this mess, get yourself out.”

Harry looked at her “You are not mad at me, love?”

“No, I will just let the entire Auror Department know that you were overpowered by a skinny little girl. I will let them take the mickey out of you.”


“Ginny you know that’s not what I mean.”

Ginny knelt down and placed her face over his. As her lips neared his, Harry began to sweet, his pupils dilated and several other signs let her know that he wanted her to kiss him very, very much. That was the final nail in the coffin of her jealousy. “No. You are mine, and you proved it today, albeit in a very unorthodox way. I know you don’t have experience in wooing women, but let me tell you, that proving you only care for me, physically and emotionally, could have been done another way. I swear I will never question you again. Now let’s go and get you washed up.”

END
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear