Search:

SIYE Time:11:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Chocolate Frog Cards
By Dorothy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Ginny tries to take the mickey out of the Trio. See how it goes for her!
Hitcount: Story Total: 7222



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Thanks Eric for the Beta!




ChapterPrinter


Chocolate Frog Cards


Life for Harry Potter was moving smoothly. The battle was over almost two years back and Ron and he had joined the Ministry as Aurors. Ginny had joined the Holyhead Harpies and Hermione was working for Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

One particular day Harry was sitting in his kitchen when he heard Ginny's voice. He turned around and found her head in the flames.

"Hey Gin," said Harry.

"Hello Harry; how are you?" asked Ginny.

"Good game there last evening," said Harry.

"Yeah you already owled me saying that. Listen Gwenog has given half a day off tomorrow so I was thinking we could go for dinner together," said Ginny.

"Yeah, that’ a good idea, and even Hermione was mentioning seeing you since it’s been a long time since we all met," said Harry.

"See you all in Diagon Alley," said Ginny and vanished.

Ginny was playing her first ever season of Quidditch and was a very good player. She had not yet grabbed the title of 'Star Chaser of Holyhead Harpies' but had shown the promise of being one soon. She had scored most of the goals till then. She was also not used to the press and fans around her. In all the matches she had played and won, it was their captain who did most of the talking and Ginny was asked very few questions. In the euphoria of the match, she didn't mind them much and everything felt good, However, whenever she had gone out with the trio, there would inevitably be press and people would flock around them just to say "thank you", or shake hands, or to get their autographs on their respective chocolate frog cards. Ginny sometimes wondered whether owning the chocolate frog cards of the trio had become mandatory. It would be on such occasions that she would take the mickey out of all three. It would amuse her, just seeing them go red in face; it always made her day. So when Harry talked of going out with Ron and Hermione, she agreed happily.

The next evening all four met at Diagon Alley. Hermione insisted they go to the Muggle restaurant to avoid all the people flocking around and ruining their evening.

"Aw, come on Hermione," said Ginny. "It would be fun."

"Now I would say you need to be careful too," said Hermione.

"Why do I need to be careful?" asked Ginny

Before Hermione could answer she turned around and Disapparated to the nearest point for the Muggle Restaurant. Ginny, stomping her feet, went to the point and Apparated as well.

Once inside Muggle restaurant, Ginny felt delighted at the ambience. There was a group of people sitting across the room.

"Oh bloody hell," muttered Ron after sometime.

"Language Ron," hissed Hermione.

"What's wrong?" asked Harry.

Ron pointed towards the group sitting across the room and said they are not Muggles but a group of Witches and Wizards. They had already started throwing glances towards their table.

Ginny's spirits rose. "How do you know?" asked Harry.

"Because I heard them talking about Quidditch on my way to men's room," said an irritated Ron.

Ginny felt she hadn’t lost a chance to take the mickey out of them after all. She saw Hermione scribbling something on the napkin as though planning a great escapade. Ron was constantly cursing under his breath and Harry was nervously fidgeting with his fork and spoon. Only Ginny had the twinkle in her eye and Harry though she definitely shared the mischievous nature with the twins.

Just then the same group of people got up and started coming to them. Ginny was giving a commentary of what was happening to the other three, but instead the group flocked around Ginny.

"Are you Ginevra, I mean Ginny Weasley?" asked a timid looking girl.

"Y-yes," mentioned Ginny, unable to hide her confusion.

"It's really her!" squealed another girl.

"We would like to have your autograph please," said a boy.

"W-What!" exclaimed Ginny.

"Yeah you played so well in all the matches, you surely are the Saviour of Harpies. Gwenog must have been delighted to have you on their team," said the same boy.

Ginny thought they hadn't noticed who were sitting with her and so tried to bring their attention to the other three. The group though voiced that they already had spoken to them, had their autographs on their frog cards ages ago and wanted her autograph this time. She looked around for help and found a smug faced Hermione, and a wickedly grinning Ron and Harry. The two boys from the group wanted a blow by blow version of the match. She herself had forgotten most of the moves she had made while playing. It made her wonder whether they were any way related to Creevy brothers.

When the group left, Ginny fell back into her chair and muttered, "Shut up! Ron," through gritted teeth. Hermione still had I-told-you-so look on her face.

"Wait till they make you chocolate frog card," said Harry still grinning.

"Cho-chocolate frog card?!" asked Ginny. She wanted to sink back further into her chair and never resurface.

"Of course!" shrieked Hermione. "See how popular you have become with---"

"Look Gin your frog card would say Ginny Weasley Star Chaser of Holyhead Harpies; scored most number of goals; was also a Silver Trio; also, not to mention, that she was the youngest to have fought in Battle of Hogwarts," said Ron grinning and finishing Hermione's sentence. She suddenly felt herself on the other side of the fence.

"Well get used to it Gin," said Harry who then received a death glare from Ginny. Still Harry continued. "People can't help it Gin, when they see you flying gracefully on your broom, soaring high up in the air over Quidditch pitch; they want to cheer you, admire your skills and tactics and it makes them feel dazed. I know I am when I see it."

This did not cheer Ginny's frowned mood at all because her original plan had not only flopped utterly, but was rather going in opposite direction.

Ron was taking the matter way out of line, "wait till George hears this. He and I will take it upon ourselves to personally campaign for the chocolate frog company to launch your card." She was tempted to take her wand out and Bat-Bogey Hex Ron, but she was in Muggle Restaurant. Her wish however of shutting him came when the server served their dishes. Ron instantly took for food.

Ginny's face was still frowned and she was playing with her food. Harry bent over and whispered, "Love, you know the Chocolate frog card company will soon have to change your name from Ginny Weasley to Ginny Potter." Ginny's frown was replaced by a smile accompanied with a blush, and food tasted more delicious. Harry Potter had once more had made her day!
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear