Search:

SIYE Time:11:38 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Different Life
By MissWeasley

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 10
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry's father never died. In fact Harry had a completely different life!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3701



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Please read and review!!




ChapterPrinter


There are many ways Harry Potter’s life could’ve turned out. Some say Neville could’ve been the Boy Who Lived. Others say Sirius could have never gone to Azkaban and he would’ve brought Harry up. Some say Harry could’ve been in Slytherin. But me? I say different.

We all know that on the 31st October, Voldemort came to Godric’s Hollow. And we all know that he killed James and Lily Potter. But what if he only thought he killed James? What if he simply knocked James out? He still went after Lily and Harry. He still killed Lily. Harry was still the Boy Who Lived, but he was no longer an orphan. What if the Potters had another child? A daughter. Born one month before Harry’s first birthday. Where would she be on this night? She would be where any infant would be: in her cot. And why did Voldemort not go after the girl? Because Voldemort only wanted one Potter child!

So we have now established that James Potter did not die. We have also established that the Potters had a second child. But what happens next? Sirius Black happens next! Upon arriving at Godric’s Hollow to check on the Potters, he is of course greeted with a sight of terror, one that he had hoped and prayed he would never see. As he steps through the front door, he sees his best friend–no, his brother–lying still on the floor, blood trickling from his head. He runs over to him, fearing the worst. He searches for a pulse and lets out a sigh of relief when he finds one. Sirius takes out his wand and sends a Patronus to Dumbledore, then slowly makes his way upstairs. As he pushes open Harry’s nursery door he sees Lily lying in front of the cot. He goes over to her and does the same to her as he did to James. But this time he doesn’t let out that same sigh of relief. Tears begin to trickle down his cheek as he realises that Lily Potter is dead. He looks up at the sound of his godson crying. His eyes widen when he sees his godson in his cot. Harry’s alive! Sirius picks him up and cradles him to his chest. With high hopes he moves on to the second nursery. He uses his foot to push open the door and he sees Rose Potter sound asleep, her dummy in her mouth.

Suddenly Sirius hears the calm yet commanding voice of Albus Dumbledore.
“Remus, take James to St. Mungo’s. Tell them he needs immediate medical attention. I shall look for Sirius.”

Sirius hears the quiet voice of Remus Lupin utter a reply and then the sound of footsteps on the stairs.

“I’m in Rose’s room, Albus,” Sirius calls.

Within moments, the ever-aging face of Albus Dumbledore appears in the doorway. Sirius looks up at him, tears still in his eyes.

“Lily didn’t make it. By the looks of it, she sacrificed herself for Harry. Him and Rose are safe and unharmed.”

Dumbledore nods and picks Rose up out of her cot. As Sirius glances down at his now silent godson, he lets out a gasp of surprise.

“Albus, look!”

Albus comes over to Harry and looks down at him. There on his forehead is a thin, lightning bolt scar.

“What is it?” Sirius asks, his voice filled with concern.

“I have ideas, but I shall discuss them with you later. For now, we need to get out of here and make sure James is all right,” Dumbledore replies.

Sirius nods and the two Disapparate out of Godric’s Hollow.

~*~
So now you all know what happened on Halloween night. Now I could say we will now continue the story where we left it, but to be honest, there isn’t much to tell.

James Potter survived and was released from St. Mungo’s a week after the attack. He was, as you can imagine, distraught at the news of his wife’s untimely death. That quickly changed to anger when he realized the betrayal of Peter Pettigrew. His anger subsided a little when he was told that Pettigrew had been put in Azkaban. However, when he found out that his bundles of joy were still alive, he became determined to go on with his life and make Lily proud of him and their children.

~*~
When James Potter came out of St. Mungo’s, his best friends had a big surprise to give him: because Godric’s Hollow had been destroyed, they had built him a new house. They had bought a plot of land and built a huge mansion for the Potters, Sirius and Remus to live in. It had a Quidditch pitch, a swimming pool and even a forest for Remus to run around in when it was the full moon came around. They had named it The Marauders’ Den and it had been surrounded by every protection spell known to Wizard-kind.

Years went by and they were a very happy family at The Marauders’ Den. Eventually Harry started his first year at Hogwarts, became best friends with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and caused plenty of mischief. He also saved the Philosopher’s Stone from falling into Voldemort’s hands. And to top it all off, he made his house Quidditch team and became the youngest seeker in a century! His second year arrived and it was now Rose’s turn to start Hogwarts. It was also time for Ron’s sister Ginny and Hermione’s brother Josh to start Hogwarts. Rose, along with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Josh, caused mischief that made the Marauders proud. Harry became a hero once more when he killed a basilisk and saved Ginny Weasley. Harry’s third year arrived and it started with a bang! Peter Pettigrew escaped from Azkaban and was after Harry! Unfortunately, Harry had a bit of a run in with Pettigrew. Although they had gotten Pettigrew captured, he escaped, and everyone feared the worst as to where he had gone. With the summer passing by in a blur Harry entered his fourth year at Hogwarts. He was forced to compete in the Triwizard Tournament and his year began to look dismal after most of the school turned on him, including Ron. But after the First Task, his year began improving. He made up with Ron and got himself a girlfriend. The girl in question happened to be Ginny Weasley and their relationship blossomed from their first date at The Yule Ball. Harry competed in the Second Task and got through it, now in the lead. The third and final task arrived but it ended with a twist. The cup had been turned into a Portkey and Cedric Diggory was murdered. Peter Pettigrew helped bring Voldemort back to life and the Wizarding world was in fear of Lord Voldemort once more. With an awful Defence teacher and Occlumency lessons with Snape, Harry’s fifth year began to look like his worst yet at Hogwarts. It didn’t get any better when Harry and his friends were tricked into going to the Ministry to save Sirius. After a fierce battle they had almost lost Sirius, but luckily James had been thinking on his feet and had managed to shove him out of the way of Bellatrix’s killing curse.

We now join Harry in the summer before his sixth year at Hogwarts.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear