Search:

SIYE Time:19:12 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Out
By Princess Cayleann

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 4
Summary: Harry and Ginny finally get it right.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4755



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first fanfiction...It has been revised.




ChapterPrinter



“Have you seen Ron?” Harry glanced at Ginny. His lip curled as she passed by his chair heading towards the boys’ dormitory. Every time he saw her these days he felt such anger well up inside himself. ‘I waited too long. I screwed it up. I get this,’ he thought to himself. ‘But she didn’t have to go out with him.’ The one guy who was Harry’s polar opposite in every single way.

“What, do I look like his mother?”

“Thanks Harry. You’re the best.” Ginny walked off in a huff. Harry had been impossible to her ever since she had started dating Draco Malfoy. She wasn’t serious about him and she knew it. He was a good guy. Truly good. Last year, when Ginny had cursed him with her now infamous Bat Bogey hex, it had been a cover up. Draco had been trying to help her and the others escape, but he couldn’t get caught. Now she was just enjoying her time with a fun guy who would never be serious for her. No, Ginny knew that she would be Harry’s one day and no other guy would work. She wouldn’t settle for less. But it was okay to have fun until the poor boy realized that his girl was waiting for him. Now all she was trying to do was find her brother. She went up the stairs to check for her brother.

‘I can’t understand Harry anymore. He’s seen me date so many other guys. That can’t be the reason he’s so mean now. It’s almost not worth it to wait for him.’

She knocked on the door to the sixth year boys’ dorm and then walked right in.

“Ronnie, are you up here. RON!”

“Ginny is that you? What in the world are you doing in the guy’s dorm? Hold on. I’ll be right out.” Ron’s voice was coming from the bathroom off to the right.

“Okay.” Ginny looked around herself at the pigsty she was standing in. ‘Typical boys’. There were clothes everywhere. Shirts hanging from bedposts and shorts strewn outside of trunks. And, were those boxers? On the bookshelf? Ginny wasn’t surprised what with the boys she grew up with but come on, this was sad. “Apparently the rumors of the house elves staying away from this room are true.”

Ginny went over to Ron’s bed and sat down pushing the schoolbooks and comic books to the floor. ‘How can he stand this mess? I think half the stuff on his bed is Harry’s anyway.’ Suddenly the door banged open and Harry entered the room, muttering something to himself about stupid girls and rodents. The boy~ahem, man~ never saw the pair of brown eyes following his every move. ‘He looks so upset yet oh my goodness! I wish he would just look my way. Well, Ginny, it’s time to realize that Harry may never voice his feelings. Uh-oh, I think I need to leave!’ He began stripping out of his robes and shirt while Ginny thought of making a quick exit without him ever knowing she was there. She was drooling by the time his undershirt joined the formerly unwrinkled school shirt on the floor. ‘Man Draco doesn’t look like this.’ Just then Ron stepped in from the bathroom.

“Hey Gin. What di—Harry? Where’s Ginny? Why are you stripping with my sister in here?” Harry’s eyes widened as he turned and faced the bed the red-haired girl sat on.

“GINNY! What are you doing here and why didn’t you say anything when I came in?”

“Well. Um.” Harry looked so mad and got her all tongue-tied. “I was looking for Ron and then you came in. Before I had a chance to say anything you started changing clothes. What was I supposed to do? I was in here first, waiting for Ron.”

“Well look here, Ginny. I found Ron. You’ve seen him, so now you can leave. Please go with her Ron so I don’t have to deal with her in my room. Thanks. Goodbye.” Harry walked over to the door and held it wide open for the girl and his best friend.

“Harry, stop it. She came up here to see me and she can stay if she wants. You don’t own the room and there is no cause for the rudeness. By the way, can you grab a shirt? There’s a female present.”

“Thanks, Ron. I feel that once again you have defended my honor.”

Ron turned on his sister. “That doesn’t mean you had to keep your mouth shut when he came in. Next time say something and maybe a guy won’t start stripping in front of you. Now, what did you need me for Gin?”

“Well, there’s this big project that I need help with and you were my first choice.”

“The girl is best friends with the smartest witch of the age and she goes to her brother for help. Oh please,” Harry laughed at Ginny’s choice of help.

“Butt out, Harry. I happen to enjoy my brother’s company and he is a truly smart person.”

“Yeah, Harry. She called me smart.”

“Plus the project is on quidditch teams so Ron is perfect. Now would you leave us alone? The whole school knows a bug crawled up your arse and died but that doesn’t mean you have to be rude. This just shows me why I’ve wanted to avoid you all semester.”

“Well, Ginny, maybe I have a problem with you and you haven’t hidden the fact that you have a problem with me.”

“Hey Ginny, why don’t you tell Harry what your problem is and maybe it will fix his with you,” Ron said, trying to work between them.

“Okay here’s what I have to say to wonder boy. What is your problem? I am dating Draco Malfoy. So what. I have dated other guys and you haven’t cared in the least. You are, or were, one of my closest friends and now I am lower than dirt to you. You know the guy is good. You were there when he talked to Dumbledore. Ron doesn’t care so why do you? And if you do have a problem, why won’t you tell me. You act like an arse and don’t even give me a good reason for it. Grow up and learn to use your words like a good little boy.” Harry looked taken aback at the beginning of her speech but by the end he was up toe to toe with her and looked as if he was ready to explode.

“You want to know what my problem is? My problem is the fact that you like Draco. With the other guys, it was never truly serious and I could see that it wouldn’t last. With him, you could fall in love. Hell, you could already be in love. I don’t want that to happen. I want you. I have wanted to ask you out for so long and every time I try you have a new boyfriend. I get scared that you could fall in love every single time, and for once I’m afraid I may have actually lost you. It scares me that because I am so stupid, I could lose you forever to that ferret, no matter how good he is. I could lose you and I never even had a chance to call you mine.” Ginny was staring at Harry in shock at this point. He wanted her. He really wanted her. He might even be starting to love her. Ron, meanwhile, was looking for the closest exit. ‘I’ve got to get out of this room. Way too much information about my little sister flying around here.’ Ron slipped out the door, planning on making sure none of the other guys went up to the dorm for a little while.

“Harry, you want to go out with me?” Ginny asked. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tight against his warm chest.

“Yes, I want you. I need you, Ginny. I always have. I’ve seen you with those other guys and it hurts so much because I just want to hold you and know you’re mine.”

“Really. You want me, mousy-little-sister-of-your-best-friend- in-the-whole-world-girl-you-saved-from-t he-Chamber-of-Secrets-Ginevra-Molly-Weas ley?”

“The one and only, for ever and ever.”

“Okay. I can deal with this. So…what happens next?”

“Um. Will you be my girl friend, Ginevra Weasley?” She leaned up and pressed her lips to his. “I guess that’s a yes.” He smiled down at the girl in his arms, finally content with the fact that she was his and he wasn’t ever going to let her go.

“Of course it is but…who will tell Draco?”
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear