Search:

SIYE Time:13:43 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forget the World
By DebbieO

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 19
Summary: The months of deprivation were over; nothing would keep him from her. Harry and Ginny after the Battle of Hogwarts.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7104



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
The song, "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol inspired this little piece of fluff. I only used the lyrics that applied to our favorite couple. I hope you enjoy it.




ChapterPrinter


“Bloody hell, mate,” Ron said. Tears freely ran down Hermione’s cheeks. He had just told them of his walk into the Forbidden Forest…the walk he had thought would be his last walk anywhere.

A few minutes of explanation were all it took and the story was over…it was over. Voldemort was gone. He was…free. He couldn’t take that in. Dumbledore would have said that he’d always been free, that his own choices had led him down this path. Harry wasn’t so sure, he had always felt compelled by circumstance, manipulation…a murderous Dark Lord....

“Harry, you need to rest,” Hermione whispered laying her hand on his arm. He had forgotten where he was.

He nodded and covered her hand with his own. “Let’s go,” he said softly. He took a deep breath and managed to stand.

“Er…Harry…if, I mean…oh…bugger!” Ron’s face was flaming. “Mate, I need a minute with my girl. Do you mind?”

Harry looked sharply at him, stunned that Ron had mustered the courage to call Hermione “his girl.” Then he shook his head and laughed hysterically at the horrified expressions on his friends’ faces–they had obviously misinterpreted his expression. “You should see yourselves…” he gasped weakly and leaned on a table, the laughter taking its toll on his battered body.

Hermione threw herself into his arms and kissed his cheek.

“Ouch,” he groaned, feebly squeezing back.

Ron laid a hand on his shoulder. “Get some rest, mate.”

Harry’s head spun as he slowly made his way back toward the Great Hall under the Invisibility Cloak. He only wanted one thing more.

No one heard him approach. Mrs. Weasley was sobbing quietly into her handkerchief. George looked like he was in a trance. Harry looked away quickly, tears prickling at his eyes. He couldn’t face them now, he just couldn’t... He looked up and down the table where he’d seen her last, but there was no sign of her.

Roaming the Hall like a ghost, he carefully strode past the tables of grieving and celebrating wizards and witches. He heard Peeves chanting his horrible poem, and then he smiled at the sound of children singing in a corner. He started and grimaced at the sound of his name–they are singing about me–about things too horrible for a child to know, about things they could never…should never… understand. His heart raced and his breathing grew shallow.

Where is she?

He flopped down at the end of an unoccupied bit of table, completely disheartened. Why didn’t she wait? Does she still want me? Is there someone else?

Panic mounting, he fished out the moleskin pouch Hagrid had given him and withdrew the Marauder’s Map. Whispering, so as not to give away his location he said, “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.”

He scanned it greedily and his breath caught at the sight of her name. Adrenaline shot through his system and he strode through the Great Hall, taking the stairs two at a time. Her location told him everything.

The portraits were celebrating. He overheard the Fat Lady talking to her friend Vi in a loud voice, “…known little Harry Potter…” she cackled and gestured wildly. “He was so small he had to climb into the portrait hole,” she guffawed. “I always knew…”

What the Fat Lady had always known would remain a mystery. Harry whipped off the cloak, gave her a smile and a wink, and said, “May I enter?”

She tittered and blushed. “Of course, Harry.”

It took him less than a minute to get to the foot of his former four-poster. Lying before him was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


Glorious red hair splayed across his pillow, small white hands were tucked neatly beneath a pale, freckled cheek. Her breathing was deep and even. There were traces of tears on her face.

She’s lying here…in my bed…waiting for me.

He swallowed hard. His face grew hot and tears threatened to spill from his eyes. He just stood there, fighting them, savoring her beauty.

“Gin,” he whispered, finally summoning the strength to speak, to reach out and stroke her flame-colored hair. His voice sounded husky and strange to his ears.

She groaned and stretched…then her eyes flew open. “Harry!” It was a gasp. She flushed, obviously remembering where she was and what had happened.

He smiled and stretched his arms toward her. She flew into them.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough


They clung to one another. He didn’t know how long they stayed like that. He swayed, needing desperately to get off his feet, but terrified to let her go.

“Harry,” she murmured against his chest, not releasing him an iota.

“Hmm,” he replied, breathing deeply.

“You need to rest.”

“..am resting…” he sighed into her hair.

She laughed softly and guided him toward the bed. “Lay down, love.”

“No,” he moaned. “No…please.” He opened his eyes blearily, still standing…not letting her go. “Please…”

She held his gaze and gently took his hands from around her waist. Holding them tightly, she drew him toward the bed with her. “It’s okay,” she whispered, her eyes never leaving his. “I’ll stay.”

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


He stumbled and she caught him, helping him ease down beside her. She removed his glasses and drew his head onto her chest as they lay back. He shuddered and burrowed into her embrace.

“Ginny, I…” his voice trailed off. There weren’t words to describe what he was feeling.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough


“Just rest now, love. It’s over…I’ll be here.” Ginny stroked his hair gently and he drifted away, safe in her arms…safe in her love.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


Hours later, he awoke to find her watching him. Her dark eyes were gentle and full of love…for him.

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all


He gazed at her. How was it possible? She loved him and he loved her. They were alive. The months of deprivation were over; nothing would keep him from her. He smiled and reached for her, drawing her back into the bed beside him. He trailed his fingers across her cheek and she closed her eyes.

The truth burst from him. “I love you, Ginny.”

She smiled and leaned into his caressing hand. Without opening her eyes she replied, “I love you too.”

He pulled her on top of him and held her close. He had never known such joy.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see


Hours later, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley emerged into public life secure in their knowledge of who they were to one another. Trials would come, but what lay between them would always be.

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all



Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear