Search:

SIYE Time:7:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Will You Know My Name ~
By LadyLatina

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Drama, Fluff, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 26
Summary: One by one…a family remembers a beloved brother. DH spoilers.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4591



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
It has taken me awhile to write this out. I’ve lost a lot of loved ones recently. The most recent was a very dear friend who died the Monday of the week that DH was coming out. Her funeral was held the Friday before the book launch. Needless to say I wept buckets and buckets that weekend. This is for Leonor & Erin. The ones who love us…never really leave us…




ChapterPrinter


He was gone. Nothing I could do, nothing I could wish for, hope for, would bring him back to me. How do I live with this hole in my heart? How do I live when half of me is gone? Gone forever. He was my twin. He was the other part of my soul. He knew me best and I loved him most.

I still feel him. I still feel his presence. I carry him within me. Ideas begin to form in my mind. Pranks that are still left to do, products still left to create. This I can do. This I will do. Carry on…carry on.

I’m told he died with laughter on his lips. That helps somehow. To know that he died fighting and laughing…it eases the pain.

~*~

My son…my son is gone. I knew the moment he fell. A piece of my heart was ripped out of my bosom. Oh how I regret yelling at him. Demanding to know why he brought his sister here. Pain and rage warred within me. My babies…my babies…I would not lose another of my babies.

That creature could never understand the power of a Mother’s love. What a Mother would do for her child. How a Mother would protect her child. How his ‘power’ was nothing compared to a Mother’s grief. You’d have thought he’d have learned that the other side of the coin to a Mother’s love was her grief. He could not know…his Mother only gave him life. A miserable life…and nothing else. She was weak…I am not. My son…my beautiful son...his life would never be in vain.

Rage consumed me as I saw that bitch trying to kill my daughter. She laughed at me. She had no idea of the fire that burned within my soul. She had no children of her own. So she could never understand…never comprehend my power. I felt no guilt as I killed her. My regret is that I could only kill her once.

Oh…my brave, foolish, beautiful boy…gone. Yet, I thought of my other ‘son’. I lost one and gained another. Not to replace the irreplaceable…but it somehow helps ease the pain.

~*~

How can fate be so cruel? I just got him back and then…and then he was taken away. I would give everything I own for one more “stupid git” from his lips…one more “big-head boy”. Why did I let my pride get in the way?

I was a selfish arse. A daft prat. I knew…I knew last Christmas that I was but a pawn. And yet I let myself be used. I let myself stay away. I deserved what they said to me...of me. I’m not sure who threw the parsnips…but I knew I deserved much, much worse. I missed them so much when I was away.

Guilt consumes me. Threatens to overtake me…I can’t look at George. The pain is too much for me to bear.

I start as I feel a hand grip my shoulder. “Don’t go away again…you stupid git.” A small smile creeps across my face. It helps ease the pain.

~*~

My son…my son is gone. I can remember the times I let him think he’d pulled the wool over my eyes. I smile as I think he must have known he wasn’t fooling me. Oh! The pranks he pulled. Genius…sheer genius. I can admit I was very, very proud of him. Of them booth. I worry now as I see his mirror image. How somber he looks. How devastated. How does one comfort someone who has lost a bit of themselves? How do I comfort my wife? My children?

I see my Molly. My loving, fierce, brave Molly…and I see my wife, my lover. My greatest source of comfort. Her grief ravages me. I reach for her and gather her close. “Molly…Molly my love.” I whisper into her hair over and over again. I rub her back tenderly, lovingly.

As she burrows into my embrace, I feel her love wash over me. Her love for me. Our children…and our family…our life together. “He…he…” I cannot voice what I am feeling. She pulls slightly away and I can tell by the look in her eyes that I don’t need to explain anything to her. She understands me perfectly. It helps ease the pain.

~*~

I stare out the window…searching for nothing. My eyes are blind to the glorious sunrise. My ears deaf to the sounds behind me. The cuts and bruises on my body mean nothing to me. The feeling in my heart…that is another matter.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the hard brick. Memories flow through my mind like water. I smile to myself as I remember him laughing and throwing the book I gave him for his birthday. “What do I need this for? My luck with birds is brilliant!” He threw his head back and let out that laugh of his. “I’ve got so much Weasley charm…they can’t help it!”

I small sad smile breaks over my face. Memories of him flash through my mind. Laughter and the sound of explosions the main theme of them. I can only now truly appreciate how bloody brilliant he was. His magic was not practical. No, not practical…but, powerful none the less.

I slowly turn and see my other baby brother. His twin. I smile as I see him hug my older brother. I mourn for what was lost. But smile when I see the same bright, mischievous, bloody brilliant look come into his eyes. I remember that look. It helps ease the pain.

~*~

I stare down at my wedding ring. It still feels odd on my finger. How is it that in one year I have experienced love, passion, lust, and pain? Excruciating, heart wrenching, aching pain? Fate is a cruel, cruel thing.

I have been given the greatest gift. My beautiful wife and her love. Her unconditional and all encompassing love. And I have had my brother taken from me. Fierce friends taken from me. My family…broken. I was not given enough time with him. I loved hearing about his infamous pranks and the brilliant way he left Hogwarts. I’d have given anything to have seen that.

I feel her arms tighten around my waist as she comforts me. I squeeze her and smile down into her eyes. I can’t help myself…I lower my head and brush my lips against hers. I sigh. I close my eyes against another wave of sorrow. I know that my family will heal in time. My head knows this…my heart is another matter.

“Bill?” I hear her say. Opening my eyes I glance down at her, “yeah?” I say.

A blinding smile breaks out over her face, blinding me momentarily. She pulls my head down and kisses me hard. Taking my hand she places it on her stomach. “Love, zer is going to be a bebe.”

My heart stops. Then begins beating against my chest like a thundering drum. “W-what?” I ask completely gob-smacked.

She lets out a laugh and hugs me tight and whispers in my ear again and again that we’re going to be parents. It sinks in and I lift her in my arms and twirl her around. Slowly letting her body slide down mine I frame her beautiful face in my hands and tenderly kiss her. It helps ease the pain.

~*~

I can’t close my eyes without seeing my brother’s empty eyes. How can they be empty? How can they stare at nothing? Not my brother. Not his eyes. His eyes that were always so full of life. Laughter. Sly, cunning looks right before he would pull a prank. No. Not his eyes now.

Half of the laughter died. I fear for the other half. He died without knowing that I was able to put his gift to me to good use. I got my girl. I glance over at her and sigh. I don’t know how she was able to wait so long for me.

Oh…she made me pay alright. I can still feel her hands punching and slapping at me. My god she takes my breath away. Her temper is a fine, fine match for mine. He was right. She is bloody perfect for me.

“You need someone that brilliant, and Granger? Well, she needs you too. You, for the laughter and for the passion you can bring to her life. Weasley men are full of passion. Don’t forget it!” His words run through my mind. He knew. He claims to have known from the start. I shake my head at the memory.

“What is taking you so bloody long?” he’d ask me over and over again. Yet he seemed to understand my hesitation. The book he gave me for my birthday was an example of his understanding and his humor. Merlin! How he loved to take the mickey outta me. “’Ickle Ronniekins…this should help you capture that ‘hard to catch bird’.” That book was bloody brilliant. I had to pass it along to my sudo-brother. I sigh as I wish he could be here to witness the changes in our family.

I smell her before I feel her hand envelope mine. “Everything okay?” I hear her ask softly. I squeeze her hand and look down into her eyes. I see my future in an instant. I hear a faint whisper of a very familiar laugh on the wind. It brings a smile to my face. “Yeah…everything will be okay now.” It helps to ease the pain.

~*~

I let go of my Mum and wander out into the hall. I walk towards the hole where they tell me he fell. I glance outside and blink at the sunshine that is shinning over the battle scared grounds. I allow myself one sigh as a tear fights its way out of my eye and rolls down my cheek.

Oh how pissed he’d be if he knew he’d made me cry. I furiously wipe it away. I’ve cried enough today. I won’t remember him with tears. He’d have hated that. He’d have wanted me to pull a huge, tremendous prank. I can’t for the life of me think of one good enough to honor his memory.

“Anything is possible. If you’ve got enough nerve.” I smile as I remember when he told me that. That was his greatest gift to me. He protected me without my even knowing it. I shake my head as I slowly look back over my life with him. The twins. They were brilliant together. I never saw how they always looked out for me. Were always there whenever I needed them. I smile ruefully as I realize I am a lot like them.

A sob escapes my throat before I can stop it. Grief rears its head and crashes through my body. I sway and reach out to lean against the wall. I battle it back with memories of him.

His laughter.

His pranks.

His love.

His loyalty.

His brilliance.

His bravery.

Remembering gives me strength. The strength to straighten and look out into the sun, ready to face what must be done. I breathe deep of the fresh air that blows through the gaping hole. I would give anything for one more moment spent with him and George hidden in their shop. Those memories of being kept safe with them mean more to me than all the gold in Gringott’s. They can never be taken away from me. They’re mine. Mine alone.

“Ginny…”

I start as I swear I hear him calling my name. I spin around, hope leaping within my chest. My shoulders fall as I see nothing behind me. What was I expecting?

“Ginny. Gin-Gin. He waits.”

Suddenly I understand. This…this is his final gift to me. It eases the pain.

~*~

How do I face them again? How do I explain what I’m feeling? How will she ever love me or want me again? I am the reason he is dead. Once the euphoria of victory is gone and the funerals begin what then? Will she still look at me with that blazing look? Will she still understand me so completely without my having to utter a word?

I close my eyes and bury my face into the pillow. Sleep claimed me hours ago, but now... now I am restless. My arms are heavy with the wanting to hold her close to me. I long to bury my face in her hair and just breathe her unique, flowery scent in; to forget everything and just revel in her.

If I have lost her, then I have lost everything. I have gained nothing in the freeing of the burden I’ve carried so long. Her face, her eyes, her lips…were the last thing on my mind when I faced death. To have faced that and survived only to be denied that in life…that would indeed kill me.

“Please…” I start as I realize I’ve whispered it out loud. My voice sounds incredibly hoarse and loud in the empty bedchamber. I roll over and stare at the ceiling.

“It wasn’t your fault…”

I sit up quickly as I hear the wind speaking to me. Pulling out my wand I search the room. Nothing is there. I feel no fear or apprehension. I vague feeling of peace begins to overcome me.

“She’s coming…”

I jump off the bed and begin to pace about the room. I have heard that voice before, only now it holds a pale echo of the vibrancy it had in life.

“F-Fred?” I stutter out. It is then that I hear it. Laughter. Spontaneous, joy-filled laughter. It booms out on the wind and causes a smile to alight on my face.

“Anything is possible…”

The words are carried away on the wind. I race to the window, the wind blowing my hair into more of a mess than it usually is. The door behind me opens and I turn and see her.

“Harry! Oh Harry!” She cries as she rushes toward me, her blazing look branding me for life.

I catch her as she jumps into my arms and clings to me, “Ginny!” I cry as I swing her around. I bend my head to kiss her; she is already pulling my head towards her. Our lips meet. Within a heartbeat we’re kissing each other as if we need the contact to sustain us.

Mouths fused together, tongues tasting, devouring. Hands clenched in the other’s hair. I shuffle us towards the bed. Falling down onto it I pull my mouth away and gently cradle her face in my hands. “Ginny…I’m so sorry…”

“Shh…” she stops my words with her fingers. “It’s not your fault.” She lovingly traces my features. Love…I can feel it emanating from her fingers. I stare deeply into her eyes and I know she understands me. Understands exactly what I’m feeling. What I feel for her.

A soft slow smile breaks out across my face, mirroring hers. I hear the laughter in the wind again, but it is faint. Suddenly Ginny laughs, “did you hear that?”

It eases the pain.

~*~

High above the clouds a beautiful, red-haired young man looks down. A huge smile breaks out on his face as he looks to see his loved ones. For a moment it falters as he sees his mirror image. Shaking his head his lips pursed he remembers the unforgettable times he spent with him. His twin knew him best and he loved him most.

Laughing out loud, he sends out what he can to them. Trying to let them know somehow that he is there with them. Trying to convey the Love he holds within his heart still. Praying that they’ll hear him or feel him and know that all is well.

He smiles with the knowledge that life will go on for his family. That love, happiness, joy and new life will soon be theirs. And that the sorrow will all fade away one day. That he will see them again, face to face.

Knowing that he has little time left he sends out one last, long, loud laugh…knowing that it will only be a faint echo by the time it reaches his intended party.

A hand alights on his shoulder and he turns to look into a pair of twinkling eyes. “Death is but the next great adventure.”

Eyes bright with excitement, he nods his head in agreement. He turns and faces the friends that wait for him. With a spring in his step, he starts towards them. He begins to imagine the kind of pranks that would make the famous pranksters that await him smile.

The red-haired young man takes one more look down over his shoulder. As a snowy white owl swoops down onto his shoulder and nips his ear affectionately, he knows their pain will ease with time.
Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear