Search:

SIYE Time:23:56 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Tuscan Lumen 4000 Extravagance
By HarryGinnyMustLiveOn

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Harry's Magical Trunk Challenge (2007-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: Harry buys a trunk to use while hunting the Horcruxes. He goes very very extravagant. He also spends 975 galleons on it aswell. *Written for the Harry's Magical Trunk(3-2007) Challenge*
Hitcount: Story Total: 3882



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my second ever story, first ever Challenge. I originally wasn't going to enter it, but then I got some ideas for it and I started to write it. Okay, so I went a bit on the big side with my trunk description, but once I started I just couldn't stop. I have the entire place planned out in my head. If only I could snapshot it with a camera so that the rest of the world could see it, it would be excellent.

I started to hate typing this up. I was originally typing it on a laptop that won’t accept a memory stick and was dodgy with floppy disks and cd roms, and it kept on saying error with a floppy disk, something about a serial number, so I started typing this laborously word for word. My mum came and helped me a bit too, so for that I want to thank her (THANKS MUM!), but I eventually got the floppy disk to work.

Also, I'm pretty sure I included all of the bonus phrases.




ChapterPrinter


It was a cold rainy day, and even though it was summer, it had been freezing for the past week so Harry was stuck inside. He hadn’t done anything really except ponder how on earth he was supposed to hide while he was searching for the Horcruxes. He was lying on his bed, wondering what he had been wondering the entire holidays when suddenly it him. It might aswell have hit him over the head with a hammer.

“THAT’S IT!” He bellowed, jumping up and racing over to his trunk. “I’VE GOT IT! I KNOW HOW I’LL DO IT!

Hedwig hooted reproachfully at him, letting him know that he had woken her.

“Sorry Hedwig.”

Harry had come up with an idea that would actually work so that he could search for the Horcruxes and still be able to hide well, so that it would be difficult for the Death Eaters to find them. Them referring to Hermione, Ron, Ginny and himself. He would rather that Ginny didn’t come with him, but he didn’t think he would have much choice in the matter. Ginny would make sure she came even if it meant she had to permanently stick herself to him. He was going to buy a trunk. Not just any trunk, but a trunk that they could live in. It could be shrunk, enlarged, made invisible, receive mail; it would have all the bells and whistles.

He pulled some parchment, ink and quills out of his school trunk and immediately sat down at the desk in the room.

Breckenridge Magical Trunks,
I was wondering if you could send me a few catalogues of trunks that you make. If I could find a design that I liked I would be willing to buy from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr Harry Potter


Putting the letter in an envelope, he addressed it and then tied it to Hedwig’s leg, where upon she took off out the open window. Now all he had to do was wait for a response, and hopefully, some catalogues.


A few days later, at about twelve o’clock, a tawny soared thorough the air, and flew down the chimney in the lounge room and through into the dining room to where Harry was currently was. He was eating lunch and, thankfully enough, none of the Dursleys’ were there. They were in the lounge. That therefore meant his uncle would see it.

“BOY! GET IN HERE AND EXPLAIN THIS! I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I TOLD YOU NOT TO LET ANY MORE OWLS IN THIS HOUSE!”

Harry went in there and said to him calmly,
“You may have told that to me, but a, I don’t have control of them, and b, you don’t have any control over me any more, meaning, I’m of age. See you mightn’t have realised it, but a week ago, I turned seventeen. So now, according to law, I can do magic without getting in trouble.”

“You what?!” He had lowered his voice and seemed a little tenser at the prospect that he could be hexed at any time.

“You heard me. I could hex you into oblivion right now, but I have better things to do.”

With that, Harry went back into the dining room, scooped up the owl in his arm and walked up to his bedroom. He untied the letter and put the owl near Hedwig’s cage to let it have a drink. Opening the envelope, he pulled out a letter and several catalogues. Putting the catalogues on the end of the bed, he sat down and read the letter.

To Mr Harry Potter,
I have enclosed some catalogues for you to browse through. These trunks have a wide variety of styles, shapes and designs. Those designs are already made and they are sitting in our warehouse at the moment. This means that if you choose one, it can be delivered almost straight away and will be cheaper than a custom trunk. If you choose a design and wish us to customise it, there may be extra costs associated with it, aswell as taking a longer time for delivery. Please owl me back with the design you would like, and, if it should apply, any customisations you might require on it so that I can quote a price for you.

Yours Sincerely,
Gideon Breckenridge.


Setting the letter down, he went and plonked himself down on his pillow and pulled up the catalogues to start on the task of going through them. He started on the first one, each of the catalogues containing information about roughly four trunks, each one of the four slightly different in design. When he got to about the fourth catalogue, he found a design that he really liked. It was a two bedroom, two bathroom house with a library/study, kitchen and lounge room. It might aswell have been a travelling house instead of a trunk. It was designed for witches and wizards travelling long distances. It would be perfect. All he needed was for a couple of modifications to take place and it would be even better than perfect.

To Mr Breckenridge,
I wish to order from you design 4C. It contains all the features that I wish this trunk to have, except for a couple. Could you please add a feature that means no magic will be emitted from it and no magic can be detected when performed inside it. I also wish for you to add a feature so that I can receive mail. It needs to be so that all my mail is delivered to a special box at the Post Office, where upon it will be automatically transferred to a box at my end in the trunk. I also wish to have another box that works in the reverse of that. You put a letter in it; it is transferred to the Post Office, where upon it will be sent to the desired recipient. As it says in the brochure for this particular trunk, it will come fully furnished in my chosen colours. The colours I wish to request are Gryffindor (red and gold) for the lounge room, kitchen and study. I need one bedroom furnished as a girls bedroom and the other as a boys bedroom. For the girls bedroom I wish it to have Gryffindor colours, aswell as some emerald green on one bed and some purple on the other. For the boys’ bedroom I wish one bed to have Chudley Cannons on it, the other have things to do with freedom and flying on it. I was also wondering if you could create a large room with almost nothing in it, suitable for duelling, spell casting and training.
You may also include any other colours and objects that you see fit. Price is no object.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr Harry Potter.


The next morning Harry received another owl coming in the same way as the first. He saw his uncle gritting his teeth and pounding his fists but not saying anything. It must have been torture for him to be so mad and not have an outlet for it.

To Mr Harry Potter,
After reading which design you would like to include, I have come up with a price. This price includes everything you have asked for. It will be fully furnished in those colours. The price is 975 galleons plus ten galleons delivery. Please owl me back regarding the price and how you will pay. If you wish to deposit the amount into Gringotts, the account is called Breckenridge Magical Trunks.
Yours Sincerely,
Gideon Breckenridge


After receiving the letter that morning, he sent a short letter in response.

Mr. Breckenridge,
I will pay the 975 galleons into your account immediately. I have included the 10 galleon delivery fee in this letter. Please deliver as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely,
Mr Harry Potter.


After sealing the envelope up containing the letter and ten galleons he sent a letter to Gringotts, saying to transfer the money over. He then picked up ‘Which Broomstick?’, fall back onto his bed and started reading. He had read it so many times he practically knew it off by heart, but he read it anyway. He had this theory that no matter ho0w many times he you read a book about Quidditch or flying you would always learn something new. So far he had not been proved wrong. A few hours later he woke up, book lying on the floor, glasses skewed, to knocking on his bedroom door. He grabbed the book of the floor and threw it on his bed, straightened his glasses and then went over and answered the door. Outside it was a man with a trunk and a backpack. This surprised him. He hadn’t been expecting him until tomorrow.

“Mr Breckenridge…?” He said cautiously.

“Aye, that’s me.” He said roughly.

“You’re earlier than I expected. I didn’t really expect you until tomorrow.”

“Aye, well, I ‘ad the trunk done, I was just waitin’ on the money.”

“Ah okay, well would you like to come in?” Harry said, moving across so that he could bring the trunk in.

The man brought the trunk in and set it on the floor.

“This is the Tuscan Lumen 4000. The real beau’y of the range. I’ve go’ a list here with all the features it originally came with, plus all of your extras, as well as all of the furnishing that were created for your requests.” He said this as he handed Harry an envelope.

“How does it work, I mean, how do you get in and out and things?”

“Well,” Breckenridge opened the lid and lifted a wooden tray out of the top. “See this ‘ere?” he said, pointing to a square carved inconspicuously into the corner to look like decoration. “Tha’ is the button to make the bottom disappear and the stairs show.”
He pressed it. The bottom sank slightly and then slid away, revealing a set of mahogany stairs.

Harry gaped. The set of mahogany stairs led right down in a curve to stained cherry flooring. Walking down, with Breckenridge right behind him, he took in more of it. There was a huge lounge room that had two comfortable looking red couches. There was an elm coffee table with a beautiful Persian rug underneath it. The kitchen and dining room were joined on to the lounge room. The kitchen was large with granite bench tops and the dining room had a teak table and chairs. The rooms were well lit from a combination of an invisible source and lights in the roof.

“There’s a sensor on the outside tha’ll give you the same amount of light tha’ is outside through special globes in the sides of the rooms. The lighting system is otherwise used jus’ the same, you jus’ need to flick the switch.”

He led Harry through the lounge room and into the study. The study had a large elm desk and stained redwood bookshelves. There was another red couch, an elm coffee table, the same as the lounge room aswell as a red recliner. Harry was then taken to the bedrooms, which were right beside each other. In the girls bedroom there was midnight blue carpet with two double beds, one on each side of the room. At the ends of the beds there were mahogany trunks. There were also elm desks with swivel chairs that matched the carpet. All the beds had cherry frames with different coloured bedspreads and pillowcases. Hermione’s bed had a purple doona with a silver star explosion on it and a matching pillowcase. Ginny’s bed had an emerald green doona with what looked like fairy dust sparkles on it. Their room smelt like lavender. The boys’ room was basically the same except the carpet was a mustard gold colour. The room smelt like a Quidditch shop, it had the scent of leather and polish. Ron’s doona was bright orange and had the Chudley Cannons' logo and motto on it. Harry’s bed had a mixture of green, gold and red blended like a watercolour effect and had across the end of it ‘Freedom only stops when your imagination can think no more.’ He quite liked that text. Both bedrooms also had a walk-in bathroom. He then took Harry into a large open space. It was about half the size of a basketball court with nothing on it, except the floor was covered in soft matting. There was also a pile of cushions over in the corner.

“See that door there?” He said and pointed. “That door will lead you into a room where you can do physical training.”

Harry was showed back into the lounge room where he was seated on one of the couches and Breckenridge took the other.

“Now I’ve shown you round, is everythin’ up to your standard? Have I included everythin’?”

Having been staring around in awe at the house, he was brought back to reality.

“Oh yes, it’s magnificent. It’s much beyond what I expected. I can’t believe it’s not an actual house. Just one thing though, where do you do laundry?”

“Oh, excellent sir. To do laundry you got to go into a bathroom and then put your washing in a special place in the cupboard and then set it to how you want it to wash. I’m sure if you’re having ladies stay in here they’ll be able to show you ‘ow. I’ll be off in a few minutes, after I a ‘ve done a couple of las’ thing. Firs’ly, I must show you the inner control panel. Come this way.”

Harry stood up and followed him into the last little room that they hadn’t been into yet. Breckenridge flicked the lights on and the entire room was illuminated. This room had a small bench with coloured buttons, silver controls and levers. It also had a fixed red swivel chair in front of it.

“This is where you can make all of the features come to life. From here you can make it shrink, enlarge, be invisible or even fly.”

“Fly?!”

“Yes, fly. Maximum distance of about eight kilometres though, unless the place is pinpointed. Bear in mind also that it can only fly when it is a certain size. You must press tha’ yella’ button o’er there to it the correc’ size. Otherwise, to shrink to a certain size you wan’ press in green button one and then use lever three to choose the size. When you’re happy with it, press the same button again.”

“I’m never going to learn all those key combinations.” Harry sighed.

“You ‘ave an instruction booklet. Which remin’s me…” Breckenridge pulled out two different books and an envelope. “ ‘Ere they are. The white an’ blue one is the instruction manual, the red and gold one is everythin’ you’ll ever wan’ ta know ‘bout this trunk and this envelope contains a letter tha’ includes a list of all the features this came with, which includes wha’ you asked for and what is in the design. Now that we’ve finished the tour, I’ll show you out.”

Looking around again, he took it all in. He pretty much owned a house. Harry followed Breckenridge up the stairs and stepped out of the trunk,

“She’s a beau’y isn’ she, sir.”

“Yup, definitely. I’m glad to have done business with you.”

Breckenridge showed Harry how to get the bottom back (press another inconspicuous ‘decoration’ button on the side of the interior); put the top tray back in and then closed the top.

“One las’ thing, sir. I have to put in your matching wand and fingerprint codes. Pulling back a sliding hatch he got Harry to slot his wand in and place a finger on a special pad next to the slot. “If you want anyone else’s matching code to go in, get them ta put their wand and finger in the right places like you jus’ did and then wave your wand and say “Permitto Obviam”

After waving his wand and casting a few spells, he bid Harry good day and left.

Harry was ecstatic. He had a way to live while he was on his mission. Now all he had to do was read up on this machine and how to fly it and then he could go to the Burrow.

Harry was just about to open it again but then suddenly realised that he didn’t have any food or supplies of any kind. He needed to get them, but how without the Order realising he had nipped down to local supermarket? Then it came to him. He needed Dobby. He knew that he wasn’t Dobby’s master and that he didn’t have to come to him, but Harry had a bit of a feeling that if he called for Dobby by saying his name, he would come, so he tried.

“Dobby?” he said tentatively.

CRACK

“The Great Harry Potter called for Dobby sir?”

“Yes I did Dobby, but remember, call me Harry.”

“But no. Dobby couldn’t ever call our greatest wizard ever by a first name.”

“I wish you to. If you continue to say ‘the Great Harry Potter’ it will be okay, I would prefer Harry though.”

“Mmm, okay. Harry.”

“Dobby, do you think that you could do me a favour?”

“Anything sir, anything.”

“Okay,” Harry said, ignoring the ‘sir.’ “ I need you to go shopping, or go somewhere and buy enough food and supplies to last four people for a month.”

“Yes. Dobby will do as Harry wishes.” He said, bowing low.

“Just before you go Dobby, can you bring it back here and take it down into the trunk and unpack it? I’ll leave it open for you. If you need to pay the money can be transferred out of my vault over to where ever it needs to go.”

“Anything sir. Anything.”
With that, he disappeared with a crack. Harry grabbed the letter and the booklets, opened the trunk and went down to the lounge room where he put the two books on the coffee table, plonked down on the couch and then ripped open the letter.

Dear Mr Harry Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have purchased the Tuscan Lumen 4000. Enclosed you will find a list of all the features contained in this trunk.


Harry swapped the pages over and continued reading.

Features of the Tuscan Lumen 4000:
· Control Panel to control all inside mechanisms- inside the trunk to control all mechanisms, practical and defensive. This includes being about to fly, become invisible, shrink and enlarge.
· You can receive mail, though a special box. This special box will be set up so that owls will deliver to a box at the Post Office, which will then transport the mail directly to the special box, where upon you can read it. To send mail, there is another box, in which, after you write your letter, you put it in that box and it will be put in the Post Office and posted.
· Whilst inside the trunk, magic cannot be detected. No form of magic will be emitted from it.



Defensive Mechanisms
· Has fingerprint and wand recognition system. One finger must be placed on a scanning pad and wand must be slotted in and then out in order to gain access inside without and alarm going off. The fingerprint and wand patterns must match up. If not, it will be treated as though it is an intruder. If there is an intruder, an alarm will go off that only Harry can know about, because he will have a special bud in his ear that cannot be removed unless by himself. If someone else were to wear it, they wouldn’t hear anything.
· If anyone tries to open it like a normal trunk then the lid will open slightly, enough to let anyone lift the lid with their fingers, but then will come down on their fingers. Not hard enough to break them, just hard enough for it to hurt.


Harry put the letter on the floor and then picked up the instruction manual. He needed to know how to fly this thing and pinpoint places if he was going to go to the Burrow that day.

Later that day.

“Okay, so, to pinpoint a place I want to go to. I have to go to the cupboard and get out the small black piece of plastic. I have to turn it on via a switch underneath. Once I’ve done that I find the place that I want and then click ‘Pinpoint.’”

Harry followed those instructions and then went back out to the couch and started reading on how to fly the trunk. He had been reading the manual for about ten minutes when he heard a bit of rustling and banging.

“Dobby?”

“Yes, it is Dobby. Dobby has your supplies here. Winky is here also. Dobby needed some help with everything.”

Just then three very large shopping trolleys appeared in front of the stairs.

“Dobby, do you think that you could unpack it all for me in the kitchen? Or is that to much work, you may of course, get Winky to help you.”

“Yes, Dobby would love to do so. There are a lot of groceries here and it would take a normal witch or wizard a long time to put away. But, we house elves were created for such things, so no problem.” Dobby said proudly.

“Okay then. Once you have done that, you may return to Hogwarts”

Harry returned and finished reading up on how to fly it and then returned to the control room.

“So,” he started talking to himself again. “I need to shrink it first by pressing the yellow button. Then I need to connect the piece of plastic to the controls up here by a cable through the cupboard. From there I need to choose all of the settings and press the green start button. I can turn it invisible by pressing blue button five.”

Harry would try it later. He wasn’t about to start flying it when there were two house elves in the kitchen unpacking a heap of groceries. That would be an extremely bad idea.

“Dobby and Winky will be off now, sir. Remember to call me if you need anything else.”

“Righto.”

Now that the house elves were gone, he had free reign to test out the flying, so he followed all the instructions except the pinpointing and then he flew around the room for the next hour. Shakily at first, but after a while he got the hang of it.

Harry landed the trunk and then put it back to being a normal trunk before he climbed out and started gathering up all of his belongings. For the next half an hour he searched every nook and cranny in his bedroom for his things, took all his things off the desk and out of the wardrobe and put them in his school trunk. Once he had gathered everything, he enlarged the Tuscan a bit and then pulled the trunk with all his belongings in it down the stairs and into his bedroom where he unpacked it into his third trunk and wardrobe there. After triple checking his room and the rest of the house for his belongings he got Hedwig and then went into the control room and got it all ready to fly. He hooked up the plastic to the cable, set up where he was going, made it invisible and then took off out the window. He had left a note on his bed for the Order saying that he was fine if they came looking for him and once he landed he was going to send an owl to the Weasleys’ with a brief summary of what he was doing and when he would arrive at their house.

The next day

Harry had landed the night before outside a Muggle camping ground. He wanted to test out how well it handled when out camping. He had paid the manager and then, under the cover of darkness, he had ‘set up’ a tent in the eyes of Muggles, but in actual fact he conjured a bit of an illusion sort of charm and put the full size trunk underneath it. For the next two days Harry spent his time working out how everything in the trunk worked. He knew that the Order was looking for him because Ron had sent him a letter the day before saying that he’d better come out of hiding pretty soon because Mrs Weasley was running about worrying herself to death and the rest of the Order were out looking for him. In reply Harry had emphasised the fact that he was fine, he was coming in a few days and that if no one could find him that was excellent.

The next day he went to Gringotts and changed some of his wizard money for Muggle money and then went into the town where he was staying and bought some Muggle books on different subjects. They were mostly just fiction novels, but a couple were on some other subjects. He also went to Diagon Alley with some glamour charms on to make him look like an frail old wizard who wanted nothing more than to live the rest of his life without moving. Harry went into Flourish and Blotts and bought as many books as possible on anything he could find that might help him defeat Voldemort or get rid of the Horcruxes. For the next few days he stayed at home first unpacking the books into the shelf in no particular order, Hermione could sort them out if she wanted to, then for each afternoon he would sit down in the study and read a bit of one book or another. The mornings were usually dedicated to cooking something sweet or some sort of snack to eat.

After a week in hiding Harry packed up his ‘tent’ and sent a letter to the Weasleys saying that he was still fine and he would be with them in a few hours. Again, he set everything up, and then flew to the a little bit away from the Burrow and landed where no one else could see him. He then shrunk the trunk down and put it in his pocket. He walked into the Weasleys’ front garden and was about halfway across when he saw a bushy haired figure pelting like a speeding bullet across the lawn to him. He had hoped to arrive in time for lunch and, judging by the smells wafting from the kitchen, he had arrived bang on time.

“Harry!” she yelled breathlessly. “You’re alright!” With that she engulfed him in a rib-cracking hug.

“Alright Hermione, he does need to be alive to defeat Voldemort you know.” Harry heard Ron’s voice coming from behind Hermione.

Hermione let him go almost immediately after that comment.

“Sorry Harry. We were all so worried about you though”

“I know, I know and won’t do something stupid and irrational like that again… not this week anyway.”

Together the three of them walked inside to where Mrs Weasley also enveloped him in a bone-crushing hug.

“What is it with you lot? How many times do I have to say it? Harry needs to be alive to defeat Voldemort.” Ron said the last sentence slowly.

“Ooh, sorry dear.”

Later on that evening when Harry, Hermione and all the Weasleys’ were seated in the lounge room, with everyone off in their own little discussions, Harry called for their attention.

“Hey everyone. I know that you’d all love to know how I got away with hiding from you lot for a week,” Fred and George looked hopeful at this, “and I know it’s a pretty good hiding spot, so can I set a challenge to you. I would like you to find me. I want to hide somewhere here on this property and then you have to find me.”

“Are.”

“You.”

“Serious?” The twins are alternately.

“Yup. A serious as I can be.”

“There is no way on earth that you are going to stay hidden for more than fifteen minutes.” This comment came from Charlie.

“Well, let’s test that theory then. From six o’clock tomorrow morning you can start searching. Let’s see if you can find me by six fifteen. You all need to start searching and planning at the same time.” Harry thought for a second, and then added, “Ginny, Ron and Hermione can come with me, and whoever finds us first will win a fifteen galleon prize.”

Fred and George were now deep in discussion about how to go about finding them and Bill and Charlie were dumbstruck that Harry was going to give away fifteen galleons to someone who could play hide and seek.

“Okay, everyone off to bed.” This came from Mr. Weasley who stood up, stretched and then went up the stairs. “Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, as I don’t really expect to see you tomorrow morning, so behave yourselves.”

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys’ all went upstairs supposedly to go to bed, but as soon as Harry and Ron were sure that everyone that everyone was in bed, they snuck into Ginny’s room so that Harry could tell them how they were going to be hiding.
Once they were in Ginny’s room, Harry closed and locked the door and then pointed a Silencing Charm at it and various other points around the room. He then sat on the end of Ginny’s bed and began to explain.

“Okay guys, I bought a trunk that has basically a house in it.” Ron gaped at him as though he was a three-eyed monster. “Yes Ron, I did. That is where we’re going to be living for the time that we’re hiding. It’s also where we’ll live when we go on the Horcrux hunt.”

“Sorry, the what hunt?” Ginny interrupted Harry, clearly irritated that she hadn’t been told about what their mission involved.

“Sorry Ginny, the Horcrux Hunt. A Horcrux is part of a soul. To create one you have to kill somebody. Then you have to encase a bit of your broken soul in something. We don’t know exactly what these are, but we know that Voldemort had six of them.”

“Oh okay, it’s making more sense now. But what do you mean, had? Don’t you mean has?”

“No, had. That diary was one, a ring that Dumbledore destroyed was the another.” Ginny’s features hardened at the mention of the diary, but she did not say anything. “So that is our mission. In a few minutes we will enter the trunk and that is where we will live for a week unless those boys find us first.”

“Okay, so what are we surviving with? Two weeks of food, a case of Butterbeer and a chess set?” This comment came, not from Ron as one might have expected, but from Hermione.

“No actually, we’re not. What do you think we’re living in, a tent?”

“Well, that’s the impression I’m getting.”

“Let’s go into hiding then shall we?” With that Harry took the trunk out of his pocket, where it had been all day, and sat it on the floor.

“What! We’re living in that tiny thing?”

“No, it won’t be tiny. Now if you’ll shut your gob, I’ll finish.” Harry laughed to show the last comment wasn’t meant to offend him.

Harry enlarged the trunk to the proper size and then slid the hatch back.

“See this? To enter you need to put your wand in and put a finger on the pad. Once I’ve explained the rest of the trunk to you, I’ll put your matching codes in. Can you guys get your trunks though? Get all the things you need and want to take with you and then come back here. ”

Harry opened the trunk with his code and then took the top tray out.

“The bottom of the trunk slides away to allow entrance. For the bottom to slide you have to press that button. When you press it you will be able to come in. Go on down and leave your trunks by the side of the stairs.” He pressed it. Harry stayed at the top and undid all of the charms. As he was levitating the tray back down on top, he heard Ron call out to him.

“Harry mate, how on earth did you get all this?”

“Do you want me to answer that?”

“Yes.” This answer came from everyone.

“Well, there was a standard design similar to this and I just got them to add a few features. If you want to read about it the books about it and the features letter are over there on the coffee table.”

Harry took them on a tour of the house, starting with the kitchen then working through the lounge room and control room. When they got to the girls bedroom, Hermione gasped and Ginny was gaping.

“Harry. How did you get all of these things right? I mean this bedroom is perfect.”
Hermione was still in shock but had managed to recover enough to say that.

“Easy. It’s called ‘I’ve been your friend for seven years and you expect me to notice nothing about you?’ I put in things that everybody liked.”

“Harry, this is wonderful.” That was the first time that Harry had heard Ginny speak throughout the tour.

After that they went into the boys bedroom. Ron’s reaction was similar to Hermione’s. It was disbelief.

After the bedrooms they went into the study. Hermione couldn’t believe that he had thought to include a library. She had immediately claimed the job of sorting them, a job the others were eager to let her have. Once they finished the tour, they had made a cup of hot chocolate and had then gone to bed, realizing how tired they were and what time it was except for Harry. No matter how tired he was he needed to move the trunk. It would be a bit of a give away for them to walk in here and find and extra trunk in the middle of the room. He went into the control room and did what was slowly becoming a routine. He shrunk it down, made it invisible and then took off, exploring the bedroom. He eventually found a nice little nook on inside of Ginny’s cupboard behind an open box and some clothes. The box contained two bottles of ink, some quills and some parchment. After he had secured it so that it wouldn’t move, he went off to bed, dog-tired.


The next morning Mr Weasley awoke to the scent of his wife’s cooking. She always started cooking breakfast at five. After getting out of bed and freshening up, he walked down to the kitchen table where everyone was already sitting, eating breakfast. They were animatedly talking and planning. It was obvious that it was about finding the four youngest children that were with them.

At the end of breakfast Bill cleared his throat and got everyone’s attention.

“All right everybody. We need to find that lot in the space of approximately fifteen minutes. So, therefore, we need a plan of attack. Everyone search your bedrooms. If anyone shares a room, just get one person to search it. Mum…”

“I dibs doing my room!” Fred called out throughout the kitchen

“Mum, I need you to search the kitchen thoroughly. After that we all need to search the lounge, except Mum and I. We will tackle Ginny’s room. Okay, off you go.”

Just before everyone left, George called out, “And I’m supposed to lie around and do nothing for this cause am I?”

“Sorry George, you can, erm… ah. You can search through all other miscellaneous places in the house.

With that everyone went off with speed to his or her particular jobs. Surely they couldn’t survive a herd of rampaging Weasleys’.

A long time after the deadline they had set for themselves had passed, when the clock chimed twelve, they called a halt to the search. So far they hadn’t found anything except a few odd socks and bits of fluff.

“They can’t have gone that far. They said it would be on the premises. They’ll be here somewhere.


Harry meanwhile was writing a letter. A short letter to the Weasleys’ about how they hadn’t found him and how it was five and three quarter hours after when they said they’d find him. In short, he was sort of teasing them. He sent the letter through the box and then got up and started making some breakfast for everyone staying there with him.


“Have you lot looked under the stairs?” Charlie crashed down in a chair at the kitchen table, absolutely exhausted.

“No, I didn’t bother. Harry hates cupboards under stairs.” George went over to the pantry only to be chastised by his mother and told to sit down, that tea wasn’t far away.

“Why on earth does he hate them?” Bill was standing at the tap, getting a glass of water.

“Well those Muggles locked him in one and forced him to live there for most of his life didn’t they.” George had been checking everywhere, the only ‘miscellaneous’ place he hadn’t checked was that cupboard, the one that was currently the topic of conversation.

“THEY DID WHAT!” Molly Weasley shrieked. “IF I EVER GET MY WAND ON THEM THEY ARE GOING TO WISH THEY WEREN’T ALIVE! HOW THEY COULD DO THAT TO A POOR INNOCENT CHILD IS BEYOND ME! I CAN’T BELIEVE THE NERVE OF THOSE HORRIBLE PEOPLE! I SWEAR I’M GOING TO HEX THEM INTO NEXT YEAR IF I EVER MEET THEM!” Her rant over, not to mention her voice fairly hoarse, she went back to mixing a batter, trying to pretend nothing had happened, but the irritation was still evident, as she was mixing it with vigour and speed never before encountered by any of the human race.

Just then an owl came soaring in through the open kitchen window. Fred caught it, and seeing it was addressed to everyone, ripped open the letter.

To all the Weasleys, especially the Weasley boys,
As you have not found me yet and it is now approximately five and three quarter hours after you said you’d find me, I decided to help you along a little bit, if it is of any help. This little thing came with it. It says the following,
“You can search and you can seek,
But I can hide and I can peek.
There is no way to know where I am,
Just try and see,
You’ll soon agree,
That you can’t find where I am.”

From
Harry.

P.S. Everyone’s all right here. I’ll get them to write to you when they get up. Late night you see.
Bye.


“That cheeky devil. Who does he think he is, talking to us that way?” Fred said in a mock serious.

“That Mr Potter, always so pompous and rule breaking. Dumbledore always turned a blind eye to all his misdemeanours and wrong doings.” Fred began an impersonation of Snape.

“Oh, I do so agree Severus. He may be of age but he can’t just run of willy nilly doing what ever he pleases.” George continued in an impersonation of McGonagall.

“You two. Quit it.” Their mother told them off several times while Charlie and Bill were bent over double with laughter.

A couple of days later
Over the course of the few days they had been in there, they had developed a bit of a routine. In the mornings they would get up and have breakfast and have a bit of spare time for about an hour and a half. After that for the rest of the morning they would study or research some of the things that they might need on the mission. After a bit of a break for lunch they would go into the duelling room where two people would duel for an hour, and the other two would go into the fitness chamber and workout. Then they would swap.
That would be roughly how it would work when they were away too. They would need to research, practise spells, study and workout.

On the morning of their last full day in the trunk for a while, in her free time Hermione wrote up their routine. It wasn’t going to be very strict, but it would help them to space out their time so that they could work on a little bit of each throughout each day. After she finished it she put it on the fridge.

“This our schedule or something ‘Mione?” Ron called out, pulling down and going to sit on the couch.

“No, it’s to help us spread out our different activities throughout the day.”

Reading through it, it said,

7:30-8:00 Get up and have breakfast.

8:00-9:00 Free time.

9:00-12:00 Studying, reading, writing

12:00-1:00 Lunch, Free Time

1:00-2:00 Ron and Hermione — Duelling
Harry and Ginny — Work Out

2:00-3:00 Ron and Hermione — Work Out
Harry and Ginny — Duelling

3:00-6:00 Free time, relaxing.

6:00-6:30 Tea Time

6:30 onwards Free Time




“Okay, so if we don’t stick to it that’s all right?”

“In a manner of speaking Ron, in a manner of speaking.” Said Harry as he walked into the room.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Hermione answered for him.

“It means that you can’t just slack off and doing but eat and sleep all day. You need to do most of this unless we’re out on a mission.”

“Fine then. You caught me out. You win.”

“Good. Now get used to it because you’ll have a good few months of it.”

“What! You’re kidding. There’s no way I’m going to survive that long with this tough regime!” He pretended to faint.

“Like, I said, get used to it. This is the regime we’ll be following while we’re away.”

Sensing another argument brewing, Harry walked out of the room to find Ginny.

Walking into the study, he found Ginny sitting in the comfortable chair by the ornate fireplace reading.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he walked in, taking a seat on the couch near her.

“That is a question I should ask yourself. What are you doing, sneaking away from them?”

“I sensed an argument brewing. I got out of there quickly so that I wouldn’t end up in the firing line.”

“Sure sure. You’re probably up to something suspicious. But anyway, you wanted to know what I was doing. I’m studying for my N.E.W.Ts, if I ever take them, plus anyway, some of the spells might help in our fight.”

“Remind me never to get on your bad side then, not that I didn’t already know that.”

“Got it in one Potter.” She said jokingly.

Harry gazed around the room until his eyes fell on the clock. It was five fifteen.

“Ah. I’ve got to go. I’m cooking tea tonight. All on my own unless you want to help me.”

“I’ve got better things to do, but why not?”

“Okay. You’d better get your bum out of that chair then. You can’t very well cook sitting in the study.”

With that, Harry walked out to hear Ginny calling to him.

“Course I can. You just need to bring me everything.”

“You wish!” he retorted, laughing at their playful banter.

“Righto. I’ll come and help, but can you get me out of this chair?”

“I’ve got better things to do you know.” Harry crept back into the study anyway, came up behind her and scooped her up into his arms.

She screamed. Loudly.

“Harry James Potter! How could you do something that terrible to me! You are so lucky you’re not one of my brothers’ or I’d hex you into next year.

For a moment Harry was scared. She seemed so like Mrs Weasley is shocked him. Then, to make matters worse, he nearly dropped her. Accidentally, of course. Not.

“You will put me down now or you will be dealing with Bat Bogeys’ until you defeat Voldemort!”

Not particularly feeling like get bat bogeyed, he put her down.

“Good. Thankyou. Now it’s time for revenge.”

She slapped him. Hard.

“Ginny, that hurt.”

She slapped him again, giggled and then ran off.

“Fine. Have it your way.”

Calming down, they walked peacefully into the kitchen together where they started cooking, Harry, the actual tea, Ginny, dessert.

Later on that evening at about 11:00 after Ron and Hermione had gone to bed, Harry was in the study. He had been in there because he was going to read without disturbing Ron, but now he was pretending to read, waiting for Ron snores to start.

Ginny was in the lounge. She had been suffering from bouts of insomnia lately and was drinking some hot chocolate in the hope of it helping her go to sleep. She knew it probably wouldn’t help, but it was nice anyway.

After fifteen minutes Harry heard Ron start to snore. He didn’t want him to come barrelling out into the lounge if he had the chance to talk to Ginny tonight. He walked out of the study and over to the kitchen. Ginny was sitting there with a mug in her hands.

“Hey Ginny.” He said as he walked past.

“Hiya.”

Harry walked into the kitchen and boiled the kettle. He made himself a hot drink and then walked out into the lounge and sat down in the couch that Ginny wasn’t sitting on. He didn’t feel like being with in her slapping range in case she wasn’t too impressed with what he had to say. Not that that would stop her from Bat-bogeying him into the next millennium.

“What are you up to?” He said as he sat down.

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“Oh.”

‘Honestly couldn’t I think of a better reply than that. I mean to say.’ He thought to himself.

“Ginny. I need to tell you something. Please hear me out though.”

“Okay. But Harry Potter, if it’s something I’m going to get mad about, don’t even bother. Save yourself the trip to Saint Mungo’s.”

“That’s the thing. I don’t know how you’re going to react.”

“Right then, shoot.”

“Okay.” He took a deep breath. “Ginny. Istillloveyou.” He said, blurring the last few words together. ‘Damn.’ He thought to himself. ‘I really messed that up.’

“Sorry, Harry, what?”

Taking another deep breath and trying to speak more slowly he said,

“Ginny, I think… I still love you.” He momentarily paused while he waited for her response. It would either be super good or super bad. He had his fingers crossed for super good.”

“You what?!” she half hissed. “After all you put me through, you still loved me? How could you?” She got up and started pacing the room. She was crying. “After everything, you still loved me! I can’t believe you would do something so stupid!”

With that she ran over to the couch and engulfed him in a hug. She kissed him and then sat down beside him.

“Thankyou Harry. I never really gave up on you. I always held love for you, locked away in a section of my heart.”

Harry was speechless. In less than a minute, Ginny had gone from calm to blowing up to loving and then back to calm. How girls could do that was beyond him. He felt Ginny rest her head on his shoulder and he rested his on hers and put his arm around her.

Ginny, who had, about five minutes ago, not been feeling tired at all, had started feeling extremely tired. It was being away from Harry that had caused the insomnia. She fell asleep on his shoulder, not even thinking about what her brother might say if he came out and saw her.

Harry had also been quite tired, but had needed to get that off his chest. So, in spite of what anyone might say, had they walked in there to see them, he fell asleep.


“POTTER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SISTER?!” Harry woke to the sound of Ron bellowing.

“Relax Ron. It won’t be whatever you think it is.”

“DO YOU WANT TO BET?! THESE TWO HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP ON THE COUCH TOGETHER! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK?!”

“You shouldn’t automatically assume things, Ron. But anyway, I would also like to know what’s going on.”

She came over and shook Harry and Ginny, both being awake but still having their eyes shut.

Before they got up Ginny whispered to Harry,

“Let me handle Ron. I’m a force he doesn’t want to reckon with.”

They both got up and Ginny put an arm around Harry’s waist and Harry put an arm around her back and then she guided Harry over to Ron.

“For your information Ron, this is my boyfriend. I’d introduce him, but I’m pretty sure you know who he is.”

“What happened?” Ron said through his teeth.

“Sorry Ron? I didn’t quite catch that.”

“Wha…”

Hermione cut him off.

“I think he meant when did this happen?”

Harry answered this time.

“I realised I’d been a royal idiot and apologised to her. I told her I loved her. Last night after you were both in bed.”

Ron started up again.

“Did you mean it Harry?”

“Yes.”

“Did anything happen after you got back together?”

“Not really.”

“What do you mean by ‘not really’?” Ron was building up steam again.

“Umm, we fell asleep on the couch. Nothing else. I promise Ron.”

“Right then.”

Harry kissed Ginny and then let her go and walked into the kitchen.

“Do you guys think we should have some breakfast and then get out of here?”

It was Ginny who answered.

“Why not? Hermione and I will cook. You two can set this place up for us to leave.”

“Okay.”

Ron walked into the control room and pressed the button to open the trunk bottom then set to work putting all the controls in the flying controls and gears in the right mode. Harry on the other hand walked up the stairs and levitated the top tray off the trunk and lifted the lid. Looking around and seeing that there was no one there, the small Harry pulled out his wand. He placed Silencing Charms around the room again and checked that there was a clear floor space. After checking everything he put the lid and tray on and then walked back down the stairs. He could smell beautifully cooked pancakes.

He got to the bottom of the stairs to see Ginny setting two large plates of pancakes on the table. Hermione was also bringing across the spreads for them.

After a hearty breakfast that involved pancake rolls with jam, cream and a few with sugar, the quartet made sure everything was clean and in the correct places and filled up their own trunks again and put them just at the bottom of the stairs. Everything set (Hermione had taken the liberty of placing a locking charm on Ginny’s bedroom door just in case) Harry took to the controls and soon they were flying through the air and landing on the floor, full size and visible.

They opened the lid and then levitated their trunks out and onto the floor (Ginny’s was taken up courtesy of Harry). They climbed out with minimum fuss and then removed all of the enchantments from around the room. Together they walked down the stairs to a full kitchen where the entire Weasley family was sitting eating. When the four entered everyone turned around to look at them.

“Tell us. How on earth.” Started Fred.

“Did you evade us.” George continued.

“In our own home for an entire week?” They finished together.

Everyone let Harry answer. Hermione, Ron and Ginny didn’t know if Harry wanted to tell the rest or not, so they had silently agreed to stay quiet about it.

“I’m afraid I’m not going to tell you that.”

The entire family gasped. They had been expecting a big story about how they hid, but no, instead he wasn’t going to tell them.

“If I can hide like that for a week without you lot finding me, Voldemort and his followers aren’t ever going to find me either. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll tell you after the war’s over.”

Bill opened his mouth but instead Mr Weasley spoke.

“That’s understandable. I know that you need as much security as possible on this mission, whatever it is and us knowing wouldn’t contribute to safety.”

After that Mrs Weasley gave them hugs all around and, even though Harry had never said he would give them any money, he wend around and gave each of the Weasleys (Even Ron and Ginny) aswell as Hermione, five galleons each.

“Wha…?” Charlie began to say something.

“Don’t complain and don’t try and give it back either. Depending of whether you were with me or not, it’s either for attempting to find me, or for keeping quiet about how we hid and letting me decide whether would I would tell about it or not. Do whatever you want with it, I don’t care.”

Mrs Weasley was gaping at him in shock.

“Harry… you don’t have too. I mean… we’re family. You don’t need to give up money.”

“I want to Mrs Weasley. Keep it.”

She have him another big hug and them ushered everyone into the lounge so that she could start cooking. Evidently there would be a large celebratory type dinner that night.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear