Search:

SIYE Time:1:45 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


First I Love You
By Liz

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 12
Summary: Harry and Ginny enjoy a rare few moments of peace in months and Ginny finally tells Harry that she loves him.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5242



Disclaimer: I wish I owned Harry Potter but alas I do not. As soon as I get my novel published I will be as rich!!!! Muhahaha. The song is also not mine. I wish it was as well.



Author's Notes:
This is a one chapter story. I wrote this months ago and senes this is my first story so it may not be very good. Please review to give me pointers and new ideas.
The song is a real song and is by Celtic Woman. If someone has heard it then you know what a wonderful song this is.




ChapterPrinter


We were both sitting under an Apple Tree in my family's orchard. He was leaning up again the tree and I up against his chest. It was the mid fall and we were both enjoying some rare peaceful time. The war was still going on, but it was nice to forget about the ugly world even if it was just for a few minutes. Hell, it was nice if we got a few seconds.

I can still, even now, feel the cool breeze on my face and the leaves on the trees and around us rustling. It was late afternoon so there was not much sunlight left. The apples were starting to ripen and we had started eating them that day. Mum was excited to finally make fresh apple pies for us.

Harry looked down at me. I looked back and gave him a small kiss then looked away. He touched my chin and made me look at him again. "Don't pull away," he said softly kissing me again. This time the kiss lasted longer and was more tender. When we broke apart, we didn't say anything for we both had enjoyed it and we both knew it. Suddenly he shifted.

"Ginny, this can't last forever," he told me.

"I know, but let's make it as long as possible. Please?" I asked. He went back to original position. I started to hum a song that a friend at Hogwarts had taught me. It was a wonderful song and full of emotion. I had no idea why I had started to hum it but I did. Harry looked down at me.

"I have heard you hum that before. Does it have lyrics or is it just music?"

"It does have lyrics," I told him.

"Will you tell me how it goes?" Harry asked. I nodded and started to tell him, but he stopped me. "No, sing it."

"But Harry, I'm not a very good singer. My friend who taught it to me could sing so well. I will just ruin it." I tried to explain; for I really didn't think I could sing.

"You could never make it sound bad Ginny. Just like how you could never stop being beautiful," he said this so softly it was but a whisper. He words touched me and I thought I might as well try.

"Alright but please don't laugh."

"I would never dream of it."

I took a deep breath and started to sing with great effort as to not sound horrible.

Take the wind know and know that you're free
Turn your back on the land, face the sea
Face the wind now, so wild and so strong
When you think of me, wave to me and send me a song

Don't look back when you reach the new shore
Don't forget what you're leaving me for
Don't forget when you're missing me so
Love must never hold, never hold tight but let go

Oh, the nights will be long when I'm not in your arms
But I'll be in the song that you sing to me
Across the sea, somehow, someday
You will be far away, so far from me
And maybe someday I will follow you in all you do
'Til then, send me a song

When the sun sets the water on fire
When the wind swells the sails of your hire
Let the call of the bird on the wind
Calm your sadness and loneliness
And then start to sing to me
I will sing to you
If you promise to send me a song

I walk by the shore and I hear
Hear your voice come so faint and so clear
And I catch it, a breath on the wind
And I smile and sing you a song
I will send you a song
I will sing you a song
I will sing to you
If you promise to send me a song

I knew right then and there why I had leaned that song. It was almost describing Harry and I. Harry was leaving and I knew he had to and I wanted him to know that I would always love him no matter what happened.

"You sing wonderfully Ginny," Harry said. I knew he wouldn't lie.

"Thank you," I told him.

"I loved the song Ginny. I thought it was almost meant for us," Harry said softly.

"I was just thinking the same thing!" I said amazed but also happy that he felt the same way.

"Love must never hold, never hold tight but let go." He sang softly. We looked at each other and let the words sink in. We knew it was true and if anything happened to either of us, we would want each other to go on with our lives. Of course, I had to keep telling myself that nothing was going to happen to either of us and that we might someday be together.

Harry suddenly shifted and we both stood up looking at the now setting sun. The sky was now a amazing assortment of colours. Harry took my hand and we just stood there for a few moments. I loved him so much.

"I love you," I said quietly. When Harry looked down with a blank look and didn't say anything I quickly apologized.

"No don't be!" said Harry stroking my hair. "That is just the first time anyone has said I love you. Well mum and dad must have but I can't remember that."

I smiled, but in my mind I was cursing the Dursleys for abusing Harry as they did. Every child needs to know that they are loved. I felt bad for not saying if earlier. I hugged Harry tightly and he kissed me as the last of the sun was gone.

"We need to go in," said Harry sadly.

"I know," I said just as sad. Harry took my hand again.

"I love you too," he said. I smiled at him and we walked back down to the Burrow.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear