Search:

SIYE Time:11:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


True
By pankie001

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 2
Summary: This fiction was loosely based on the song by Ryan Cabrera entitled True. The talk we loved to love to be discussed, the talk after the break-up... Ginny's POV.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3652



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Fierce battle is raging on my mind of what I want to happen right after HBP and perhaps at the start of the 7th. The break-up, the wedding, people are speculating so many things that may take place, so I decided to do this fiction after I heard and read the song True. Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


I won't talk
I won't breathe
I won't move, till you finally see
That you belong with me

I loved him. I loved him. I loved him. How many times did I have to remind myself how much I felt for him? A feeling I wouldn't ever feel towards someone else that was not him. So many things had been happened. So many things had been said. But nothing could change the fact that I'm still insane... insanely in love with Harry Potter. Tie the lose ends, Dad was right, as always. But where should I start? I already gave him his much needed space. The time to realize, the chance to learn my worth in his life. Casual, civil, whatever that term was to describe my treatment on our situation, I still feel unsure how much longer I could pretend that everything was all right when nothing really was. Until we talk...

After more tossing and turning, I got up from my bed. Perhaps it was almost midnight now. Everybody else had retired earlier, for tomorrow is the big day. Phlegm... err... Fleur, will officially become a Weasley. But Bill loved her. Mum and I accepted that they did belong together. And so was Harry...and me...



You might think I don't look
But deep inside the corner of my mind
I'm attached to you
I'm weak, it's true
'Cause I'm afraid to know the answers
Do you want me too?
'Cause my heart keeps falling faster

"So, some things never changed, huh? Still loves staring at the fire and trying to touch it?"

"Hello, Harry."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

"Just don't sit too near, I might fall in love with you again."

"Ginny."

"Kidding. Of course, I don't mind."

I looked up to him and met his beam and glowing eyes I missed too much. Maybe this was the perfect moment I had been waited for. Enough of the silence, enough of the pretensions.

"I'm quite surprised I didn't startle you anymore," said Harry, as he took the free space on my right side in front of the fireplace in our living room.

"To be startled everyday of the few weeks we were together, I got used to it, I supposed," I simply said, returning my gaze on the flickering blaze. "And besides, just an in and out take of your breath, just the way your steps fell into the floor, I recognized that it was you who was coming."

There was an uncomfortable pause between us before I decided that it was the proper timing to ask the question I was most anxious to ask. The question that might end the endings, and begin the new beginnings.

"What happened to us, Harry? I thought we were different."

"I'm sorry," said Harry, barely speaking through his shallow breathing, nervousness clearly evident in his voice.

"Why should you be sorry when it was not even your fault? If it was anybody's fault, it was none other than Voldemort's."

I let my eyes rested on him and saw reluctant tears forming in his brave but scared eyes. Sympathy struck me seeing Harry behaving like this.

Ever since the break-up, I tried to understand every bits of his decision. No matter how hurt I was, I had to understand. I had to be brave for him. To be supportive of his destiny that neither he nor I didn't have any choice to alter it. But I was still weak. I was still just a girl in love with a boy whom fate had already been marked.

I didn't know how much I could bear this conversation. Wrong move, Ginny. I shouldn't have started out with that silly question. Where the bloody hell was my Gryffindor courage? Once more, I wanted to run and hide.

I immediately stood up, eyes roaming around anywhere but Harry, hands wringing on my back.

"Goodness! Time flew faster than you thought it could! I should do with some sleep. You know, Bridesmaid and all? Fleur will kill me if I don't look decent tomorrow."

I hurried on my footsteps when something unexpected made my heels came into a halt.

"I love you, Ginny."



I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing that's true
So I will not hide
It's time to try
Anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

What was that? Did I hear it right? As far as I was concerned, my ears were in their perfect condition. I turned around to see Harry on his feet too. Eyes so intense, I could melt instantly.

"You love me?" I asked with hesitation, but my heart wanted to burst with so much happiness I felt.

"Very much," replied Harry, advancing himself on me. I was rooted on my spot, overwhelmed with what I heard.

"Finally," I said, not taking my eyes off him like what I loved to do the most as if I was burning his face on my memory.

"You already knew that I loved you?"

"Sometimes I do, sometimes I have doubts. I may not a fan of Madame Puddifoot's, color pink, roses and promises, I remain a typical girl, Harry. Even if I can feel it, I still need to hear it."

"Then I will never get tired on telling you over again. I'm in love with you, Ginevra Molly Weasley. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love..."

I couldn't help myself but threw my arms around him. Similar to what I did seconds before our first kiss in the Common Room in front of everyone, in front of my brother, in front of my best friend. The kiss that brought our hearts and souls together. The moment that forever be tattooed in my life.

And before I knew it, Harry pulled a little, and his lips touched mine passionately. Our feelings conspired for hours as we were locked in each other's being. After some time, we broke apart but arms still around one another, grinning lovingly which we both didn't have the chance to do in a couple of centuries.

"I am so stupid not to realize my own heart. Growing up with just the knowledge of hatred and being alone, to love and be loved in return is a strange feeling for me. Forgive me for being so thick. This is the first time I feel like this. And I don't even know it actually exists until you came into my life."

Suddenly, my tongue became tied and I couldn't manage to form a sensible sentence out of the feelings I had for him. I never imagined Harry would ever felt that way for me.

"Of course you're not stupid. If you're stupid, you're not here with me."

Great. What did I say? Oh my, maybe I was the stupid one! What made me... wait a sec, my old self was back. The one who could always made him laugh the hardest. His laugh had always been a music in my ears that I wouldn't be pissed off hearing.

"You are the reason of my pure existence, my only happiness, that's why I don't want you to be involved in my complicated and dangerous responsibility. I hope you can understand the things I can't say, to keep you away from those. And because I promised Dumbledore I won't tell a soul except Ron and Hermione, but it doesn't mean..."

I silenced him with my pointing finger in his lips. It's my turn.

"It doesn't matter. The truth you are telling me is not as important as the truth I need in my life. Whether you're the Chosen One or not, the prophecy is a fact or a fiction, I don't care. I don't care if you can't tell me, it's the word you gave Dumbledore and it doesn't hurt to honor it. But you know what I care? The truth that you love me too. That will make me stronger to wake up and face another day because I know you are there smiling at me to say that everything's going to be all right and nothing can keep us apart."

"Ginny..." Harry caressed my hair and tucked some stubborn strands that framed my face behind my ear as I closed my eyes. Oh, how I loved Harry's will and ways of making me feel special.

Without any words, in the same manner the trees danced in the rhythm of the wind singing, we lay down by the couch still arms intertwined.

"I miss the Common Room," I said in a reminiscent smile.

"Late night talks, late night embraces and kisses, nothing compares to those," Harry agreed, tightened arms around me.

"Then don't leave me."

"How did you know that I'm leaving?"

"Don't blame anyone. I have my strategies on finding out what I want to."

Harry let out a hollow laugh which I couldn't categorized what really meant.

"You're aware what I should do?"

"Not really. But I know you are about to do some things that caused you to end our relationship and to take good care of my safety."

"Exactly. That's why you shall not ask me not to leave. We won't have a peaceful life we've been dreaming of if I don't. I'm just leaving, Gin, but you'll always have my heart. After all, the more I realize how much you mean to me, the more I feel I have to do with all my might the things I'm destined to do."

I sat upright as soon as I heard his words then followed by him.

"What gave you the idea that I'm safer here, Harry? You are giving me less credit of what I'm due for. You are underestimating..."

"Of course not. I will never do that because I know you very well. I trust you. I just love you too much and protecting you is the best way I can prove how much."

I held his both hands, begging to reconsider. I've always been willing to fight for him. How much more at this moment? Our mutual feelings were out in the open. It was just up to us how will we face head-on the consequences of the moves we were about to make.

"Then don't leave me, Harry, please. I may be safer if we are together. In that case, it will be more accessible for you to care for me."

"And then what, worry every second that something bad may happen to you? What about your Dad and Mum? They won't let you come with us, you're not of legal age. Your Mum will kill you if you run away without their consent."

"First, she can't kill me, I'm her only daughter. And second, will you not worry about me if I stayed home or at Hogwarts if it reopens? You will still do, right? Voldemort is an accomplished legilimens, Snape, Malfoy, the confession of your feelings. What else still there is to make you realize that they already knew about us and maybe planning what they have to do? There are some things you can't control even if you tried to, Harry. But I'd better take all the risks to be with you than live my life apart from you which is worse than killing me yourself."

Harry sighed deeply, torn between his primary plans and my little monologue. Confusion was in his looks that I could successfully tell by just a blink. The bond connecting us was as strong as the heart we had for each other.

"Some things indeed really never changed. The power is still in your hands to manipulate my mind and emotions," he kissed my right cheek, "But I'm telling you, Miss Weasley," then my left cheek, "I already now have the power to resist," my forehead this time, "the temptation of being with you no matter how persuasive you are," my nose, "and unfortunately, I will have to give in," my chin, "to your plea," my lips, for the finale.

I beamed at him, I knew I just won, argument wise. "My plea. All right, if that's what you want to think. The important thing is, I love you and you lost." I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

We returned to our previous position, lying with each other on the couch.

"Every second, you are giving me reasons to stay or to leave with you," said Harry.

"That's good."

"But to be honest, until now, I'm fermenting the perfect plans to start things out."

"Don't worry, you are Harry, and I'm sure you'll figure something out."

"I hope so."

"Whatever it is, I will always be around and have faith in you, Honey."

"Honey. I miss that."

"I know."

Then we laughed in harmony, careful not to send any signs the others will know we were awake.

He pulled me deeper into his arms and I, too, buried my head in his toned chest from rigorous Quidditch training. The security I longed for which I can only find there. Where I can feel the strength of his muscles, where I can hear the beat of his heart.

"I still have the chance, Gin. Well, I shall believe that because Dumbledore said so. He told me that I have the greatest weapon Voldemort knows not and that is my ability to love. He is complaisant to leave me because he knew I'll be all right. In fact, I'm more than all right, because I finally found love. I don't know what he's trying to imply. I don't know how," Harry's worried shaky voice came back. "But I understand one thing, love means you."

"Harry..."

A massive lump on my throat took away my capacity to talk longer than a single word. Yes, I understand a thing or two either. We were each other's weakness but each other's strength. The completion of our individual life was a life we had together.

"Then you must really have the chance." I laced my fingers into his own. "The more reason you should stay or leave but with me."

Harry kissed the top of my head and played with my fingers.

"Stubborn."

"Of course. I'm still the same old stubborn girlfriend you had a month ago. You don't have a choice."

"Stubborn, but beautiful, smart and my everything. The only girl I loved, loves and will ever love."

"And I love you, too, Mr. Potter. All this time. All my life."



I know when I go, I'll be on my way to you
The way that's true




That's it guys! Forgive me for some undecided dialogues because I am still undecided either if I want them to stay and go back to school, leave together or maybe the trio will leave but Ginny will do something to be involved. That's life, right? Full of uncertainties, but love will always be there to make that life a little bit easier each day.


Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear