Search:

SIYE Time:10:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Secret
By harryluvsginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ginny's always thought Colin was gay. I mean, who wouldn't? He had never shown interest in the female species before, at least she hadn't noticed. But when he confesses something that he's hidden from her, she's not so sure.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5792



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Ok, as I said in my other fic “I Could Get Used To This” my friend and I are fans of The Veronicas. And this is another song by them. We were just talking about how we think Colin’s gay (‘cause he’s seems to be in love with Harry!) so my friend said “we should make a songfic out of this song about Colin and Ginny and voila-here it is!

Disclaimer: I could never be the owner *sniffle sniffle*...of Harry Potter *sniff* (Guess where I got this from!)


-~-~-~-~-~
“Colin, you’re starting to scare me,” An aggravated Ginny Weasley practically yelled at her friend, Colin Creevey. “You’ve been following me around all day! What is wrong with you!” He’s acting like a lost puppy! Her mind screamed back at her. What is his bloody problem?!


You're a little obsessed with me
And I'm a little bit scared of you


She ran up the staircase, trying to get to Gryffindor Tower as fast as possible. She needed to get away from him! He was bloody insane! He had followed her the whole day, walking with her to class, sitting next to her during meals (making Harry have to move to the other side of the table), he had even almost gone to the bathroom-the girl’s bathroom.

During lessons, he would be looking at her rather than the teacher, causing Professor McGonagoll to give him detention. But he didn’t care. He went right back to staring at her, causing her to miss the notes, too focused on his unperturbed looking.


The way you look and stare at me
Maybe it's time I let you know


They had been best friends since...forever, pretty much. They could tell each other pretty much anything. Everything had been fine until...he asked her out. She was taken aback when he had asked her to go to Hosmeade with him, considering she was pretty sure he didn’t swing that way. And she definitely didn’t feel that way about him! He should have known that her heart did, and probably always would, belong to Harry, although Harry didn’t know that yet.

She had “politely” turned him down. What? Are you off your bloody rocker?! Of course I won’t go out with you! But he had been extremely persistent, and every time they were alone he would ask her out..again. And then she would reply Colin, how many times do I have to tell you? NO! N-O! Are you that thick?!

And then, when they went to Hogsmeade with all their friends he had insisted on buying her everything in sight.Oh, look at this Gin! Do you want it? It’s really pretty! Ooooh! What about this? Oh oh oh! This is so you! You have to get it! Here, I’ll buy it for you, and don’t worry about paying me back! She had spent the whole day, miserable, telling Colin she didn’t need any of that stuff-she was fine with what she had. The only thing that had made the day a tiny bit better was being able to be with Harry at The Three Broomsticks.


You could call me six times but still I won't pick up the phone
You could spend all your money on me
but still I'll say no


Ginny had woken up the next day to find a box of letters on her bedside table. Curious, she had picked up one letter and opened to find a long, well-written love letter. For a second, she thought it might have been from Harry then choked when she saw it was signed (who else) Colin.


You could write a million letters everyday confessing to me
That I am the girl of your dreams


“COLIN,” She roared, storming down the staircase and up to the 6th year boys dormitory, ripping the curtains from around Colin’s bed. “Yes, my sweet,” He replied, reaching out to grab her hand. In response she slapped his hand. “What are you trying to do! I do not and never will like you as anything more than a friend! So stop trying!” She stormed out of the room, finally getting her point across.


But nobody ever asked me
I never looked at you that way
'Cause I always thought you were gay


Thing had been different from then on. They were no longer the best of friends. In fact, they barely hung out anymore. But when they would see each other in the halls, they would stop and an awkward silence would ensue. He would look at her with longing in his eyes and she would look at him with complete and utter loathing.


Every time you come around
You just look me up and down


The first time this happened, he had come up to her and tried to hold her hand. She ripped it away quickly, continuing to walk in the direction of her next class.


And then you try to hold my hand
I'm confused now I don't understand


And, to make matters worse, Harry was there. And, although he hadn’t said a word to her about it, she still felt awkward because of that. She had told Harry everything that had happened with Colin.


You could call me six times but still I won't pick up the phone
You could spend all your money on me
but still I'll say no
You could write a million letters everyday confessing to me
That I am the girl of your dreams
But nobody ever asked me
I never looked at you that way
'Cause I always thought you were gay


He had been very comforting, which soothed Ginny. He understood everything, which made Ginny feel safe.

And so it had been that way ever since, Colin and his annoying love confessions still lingering in Ginny’s mind. She thought she could trust Colin, that, no matter what, she would always be his friend. He had told her that! Yet, here she was, without him.


You told me lies
You made me believe
It would be fine


One summer, Colin had slept over at the Burrow. She had thought he would be like another girl, so she felt completely comfortable changing in front of him. If only I had known...

They had spent the whole night talking, telling their innermost secrets to each other. He was the only one who knew she had accidentally seen Harry naked! And he knew that she loved Harry, so seeing him in the nude was completely embarrassing (yet totally worth it!).


If there was nothing to see
I'd be undressing in front of you
I told you secrets that no one else knew


It was always in her mind, what Colin had done. She wanted everything to go back to the way things were, where she and Colin were still friends and he didn’t love her, or at least she didn’t know he did.


You could call me six times but still I won't pick up the phone
You could spend all your money on me
but still I'll say no
You could write a million letters everyday confessing to me
That I am the girl of your dreams
But nobody ever asked me
I never looked at you that way
'Cause I always thought you were gay


The next morning, she sat down across from Harry. He seemed oddly nervous, she noticed. She shrugged, figuring it was something pointless.

“Hey Gin,” Harry asked, looking up from his plate. He had nervousness and anxiousness in his eyes.

“Yes,” She replied, moving to grab a muffin off the platter.

“You know I’m not gay, right?”

“Yes,” She replied slowly.

“So you know I like girls?”

“Yes,” She repeated, quite confused at this point. What was he getting at?

“And we’re best friends right?”

“Harry, tell me what you want,” She demanded, getting frustrated now.

“Doyouwunagotohogsmdewitme,” He asked incoherently.

“Pardon?”

“Do-you-wa nt-to-go-to-Hosmeade-with-me,” Harry repeated, slower and more understandable this time.

“Really,” She squeaked, wondering if her ears and mind were playing tricks on her.

“Yeah,” He replied, smiling shyly.

“Sure,” She replied, hoping it came out normal and not high-pitched and funny-sounding. He looked so relieved, so it must have.

“Good. I’ll meet you tomorrow in the Gryffindor Common Room,” He told her, smiling. She smiled bashfully back.

“Ok,” She said quietly, yet loud enough for him to hear him.

“See ya tomorrow Gin,” He spoke and with a wave he left.

She sighed happily, thinking that some things turned out for the better.

“Colin,” She called out, noticing her “ex-friend” sitting just a few seats down. At hearing his name, his head snapped up.

“What,” He snapped.

"Can we...can we talk...privately," Ginny asked nervously.

Colin sighed before nodding his head and walking out of the hall. Ginny blew out a breath and left her seat, following him.

"Colin, can't we...can't we," She started before taking a deep breath and continuing.

“Can’t we just go back to, you know, being friends,” she asked gently. He sighed.

“Yeah, sure,” He replied, smiling a little. She smiled back in relief and happiness.

“You know, I still love you know,” Colin joked, moving to walk with her to class.

“Shut up, Colin,” She teased back, punching him lightly on the arm.

“So, what’s this I heard about you and Harry,” Colin asked. And just like that, everything was back to normal!
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear