Search:

SIYE Time:18:17 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


I Will Remember You
By AureliaWeasley

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: Ginny remembers memories of Harry. A songfic to I will remember you by Sarah McLachlan.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4038







ChapterPrinter


Characters are copyright to J.K Rowling
Lyrics to Sarah McLachlan
And the story: Moi.






I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories


Ginny Weasley was sitting at the Burrow’s kitchen table. Her mother was busy scouring every dish and plate they owned, her way of distracting herself from reality. At times her mother would look up at her daughter and give her a small smile. But Ginny saw through the smile. There was no more laughter in her mother’s eyes; her face had a permanent frown upon it. And all because of one boy. Harry Potter. The boy Ginny loved.

Just five months ago, word had come to them that Voldemort was on the move. When her father had told them this, they had all been seated in the living room, playing chess, exploding snap or in Ginny and Harry’s case, just sitting in front of the fire. Her father had told them that Voldemort was at his most powerful, and if they didn’t stop him now, there would be no hope. Ginny looked at Harry and saw that his face was pale, but there was something in his eyes. A look of determination. Ginny knew what he was going to do. He was going after Voldemort.

That night, Harry had snuck into her room. She was waiting for him. Harry explained to her why he had to go, he told her about the prophesy, and how he was the only one that could stop him. But most of all, he told her how much he loved her. He kissed her one last time. They rested their foreheads against each other and in a whisper so quiet that if she hadn’t been listening she would of missed it, Harry said “Remember me Gin.”



Remember the good times that we had?
I let them slip away from us when things got bad
How clearly I first saw you smilin’ in the sun
Wanna feel your warmth upon me, I wanna be the one




The next morning there was uproar. People panicked when they found that Harry wasn’t in his bed. Ron, Hermione and she were questioned by the Order. They all denied knowing where he was, but after the threat of expulsion from Hogwarts, Hermione snapped. Ron then explained that Harry had promised to write, wherever he was. But that was five months ago. There was still no word from him. Ginny knew he wasn't dead, she would of felt it. A piece of her heart belonged to Harry, and that piece of her heart was still beating.

* * *


Ginny sighed. Her thoughts drifted back to the previous Christmas. She and Harry were seated in the common room of Gryffindor tower. Harry had his fingers entwined with her own.

“If something happens to me, I want you to only think of the times that we had together. Don’t dwell on what could have been. ” Harry said suddenly. Ginny stared at him, what was he talking about?

“No, don’t say anything Ginny. Just promise me ok?”

“I promise.

* * *


As she thought of this, memories came rushing to her. The first time they kissed. That was a magical night. Harry had been planning it. He led her out towards the lake and confessed that he fancied her and wanted to be her boyfriend. Before he could say anything, Ginny leaned in and kissed him. A slow, warm, heart felt kiss. Even if it only lasted for a few moments, it was perfect.



I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories




Their first trip to Hogsmeade. They walked hand in hand, Harry rubbing her fingers to warm them up. They had gone to the Quidditch store, then on to Honeydukes where he bought her a box of sugar quills. After that they had gone to the Three Broomsticks. They gazed at each other over butterbeers, before they were rudely interrupted by Ron and Hermione. Even though they didn’t have much time together, it was still perfect.



I’m so tired but I can’t sleep
Standin’ on the edge of something much too deep
It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard





Their first fight. As she thought back over it, she realized how ridiculous it had been. They had just won a match against Slytherin and everyone was celebrating. Harry and Ginny were talking and laughing and having a small food fight when Ron came stalking over. He had been in a bad mood all day because Hermione had yelled at him that morning.

“Good game Potter, but you almost made us lose.” He scowled at Harry. Harry had fallen off his broom, dodging a bludger. Professor McGonagall had wanted to send him to the Hospital Wing but he had refused.

“Excuse me Ron?” Ginny had demanded.

“No Ginny, he’s right. I was stupid.” Harry realized he had made a mistake the moment the words left his mouth. Ginny turned a bright red, took a deep breath and had then proceeded to yell and screech at him saying that it was in no way his fault that they had almost lost. Harry had retaliated back saying that if she didn’t look so pretty on the Quidditch Pitch he wouldn’t have fallen off. Ginny was about to snap back when his words hit her. She giggled and kissed him. Ron rolled his eyes and stalked off to find Hermione.



But I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories




Ginny sighed again. It was hard to think of all these things. But it helped. It helped her remember Harry. She got up from the table and went out to the back yard. She walked until she came to a willow tree. She ducked underneath its branches and sat down against the trunk.



I’m so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
Clinging to a past that doesn’t let me choose
Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light




This was the exact spot Harry had told her he loved her. It was after dinner during the summer one night. Everyone was sleepy and had already gone inside. Except for them. They were strolling through the garden, hand in hand. Ginny had brought him to the willow tree to show him her old fort. Harry had laughed when she explained she used to throw apples at Ron from it. He sat down and tugged her arm, to indicate she was supposed to sit. Ginny cuddled up against him, resting her head on his chest. Harry absentmindedly stroked her back.

“I love you Ginny.” Harry whispered. Ginny was shocked. She thought that this thing that she and Harry shared was nothing but a crush, surely not love. Then she smiled.

“I love you too Harry.”



And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories




Ginny swiped at her eyes. She didn’t want to cry, but she couldn’t help it. She loved Harry so much and it was so hard not having him here with her. She stood up from her position on the ground, letting her fingers trace over the H.P. & G.W. engraved into the tree.

She walked back towards the house and as she entered the kitchen she noticed it was crowded. All the Weasley’s, the Order and some other people she didn’t know had all gathered in there. Was it someone’s birthday? She had only been outside for an hour, what was going on? As she entered the room, the room silenced. Then the crowd of people parted. Leaning against the wall, his face worn and tired, but still glowing, was Harry. Ginny stopped dead in her tracks. She and Harry stared at each other for a full minute. Then Harry walked towards her, and before she knew it, he was kissing her. They broke apart and gazed into each others eyes. Harry smiled at her.

“So, remember me?” Harry whispered.

“I’ll always remember you Harry.”


And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories
Weep not for the memories






Author's note: Just a little fic I wrote. I was listening to this song and I had an idea for a story. I think it came out pretty well. And I didn't kill anyone off!!! I hope you like it and please r/r!
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear