Search:

SIYE Time:5:29 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 113661; Chapter Total: 5095







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Eight
Terrible Tombs

Harry sat in silence at St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Moody and Kingsley had come to fight in the Alley, but Harry had not recognized them until it was over. Dora had lost a lot of blood and was still unconscious; apparently the sword responsible for her injuries had been tipped in poison. Remus was awake but very weak. Moody had said that werewolves were too stubborn to die, Harry silently agreed. Dora and Remus shared a room down the hall from Ron.

Hermione and Mrs. Weasley were holding on to Ron for dear life. He had his own room; it was stale and the walls were a bleak grey. Harry watched Hermione nod as the Healers explained his condition to Molly. She gently rested her right hand on his as she brushed back his bangs off his forehead. The Healers were able to determine that the spell had rendered him mute, but also done damage to his trachea. Ron was currently unable to breathe by his own accord. He would likely survive, but it wasn’t certain if he would ever speak again.

Mrs. Weasley was devastated by the loss of her husband, but refused to leave Ron. Harry knew that Hermione would take care of the both of them. Harry was numb. His best friend and first real friend in the wizarding world had been mauled. Ron had always been so jovial and carefree. Harry had always admired that, but what would this do to his best friend? Would Ron become bitter and angry like Harry had after the Tri-Wizard Tournament? Would he seclude himself from his friends and family? Questions and dilemmas swam in Harry’s mind as he prepared to leave. He wasn’t sure how he knew but Harry knew the face Hermione wore as she vanished with Ron from Diagon Alley would haunt him to the grave.

At one minute past five, they arrived in the kitchen. Neville quickly said he wanted a word with Luna and took her into the living room.

“Are Bill and Fleur back, Ginny?” Moody asked as pleasantly as he could.

“They’re upstairs unpacking, what’s wrong? Where is everyone else?” Harry could hear the worry in her voice.

“Moody, go to Bill.” Harry had insisted that he would be the one to tell Ginny.

She was wearing a soft yellow sweater with her hair down. He could smell something wonderful brewing in the oven. She had already set the table for dinner.

“Ginny, there was a battle today.”

“Harry…” Her voice was immediately strained with fear.

He glided over to her. Ginny was frightened and her eyes were watering. Harry laced his hands into hers trying to siphon some of the pain out of her.

“Just tell me, please,” she whispered, barely audible as she looked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Death in Diagon Alley!

Harry Potter and his friends have been at it again. Yesterday, they descended upon the London street in order to prepare for the upcoming school year. Upon meeting up with his friends after successfully passing his Apparation exam, he and his friends were attacked by Death Eaters. Though the Aurors were summoned by Auror N. (Tonks) Lupin, they did not arrive in time. Mr. Arthur Weasley, of Ottery St. Catchpole, was killed by Lucius Malfoy. It is presently unclear how Malfoy and his comrades escaped from Azkaban, but it is likely that You-Know-Who was the mastermind to this attack. Potter also reports that Auror Lupin, Remus Lupin, and Ronald Weasley were severely injured. We, at the Daily Prophet, extend our most sincere sympathies to the Weasley family for their loss.

Rita Skeeter
Press Agent to Harry Potter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry looked up from the brief article and smiled to himself. The article was simple and didn’t have any outlandish claims about Harry Potter the Boy Who Lived. Skeeter had kept up her part of the deal.

“My dear, Harry! It is good to see you again. You can’t imagine how shocked I was when I got that little bossy boots’ owl. You are looking for a press agent?” Rita went in for the kill before he could even say ‘hello’.

“My brilliant friend was right. I need someone who will tell our truth as we report it. I want someone who will tell what is really happening, my point of view. I will tell you the story; you will report it. Hermione will also check to make sure you don’t write any of that rubbish from before. Just like when we did the article for the Quibbler. Got it? I will tell you the truth and you can publish it as long as you swear to write exactly what we say you can. Understand?

Rita looked torn. Her sensational stories sold better than all the rest, but Harry Potter stories sold even better.

“I promise to keep my quill in check if you promise not to give out any stories, except to me of course,” she added with a girlish grin.

When it was done Harry felt slightly relieved. Rita was behaving and keeping other reporters away from him, and the truth was getting out there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The funeral took place only two days later. Bill took care of most of the arrangements while Molly and Hermione kept to Ron. He was pulling through, though the spell had done severe damage to his throat. He was breathing on his own again and was conscious, but he couldn’t speak. Hermione only left him to return to Grimmauld Place at night and accompanied him home the day of the funeral.

The funeral was held at the Weasley family cemetery. A large tree grew over the plot where Mr. Weasley was to finally rest. It was evident that this sacred place was ancient. Moss and weeds overran the petit cemetery and a rusted rod iron fence inclined over the property line. Wild flowers and tall grass danced between the stone markers and Harry was cold despite the August sun. Mr. Weasley’s tomb was simple, but tasteful. A concrete slab was laid over his body and a dark grey marker indicated the man he was:

Arthur Weasley
Happier than most rich men in our world
Loved and Cherished by the ones who will miss him

Moody said a few words but very few people heard them. Only a few times did his voice crack from the grief. Fleur and Molly sat together and held hands throughout the service. Fleur wept openly but silently. Gentle tears streamed down her generally appealing face. Her red eyes and cheeks tainted her beautiful visage with a human emotion so real and untapped that Harry could not bear to watch her.

Molly just looked exhausted. She clung to those near her but rarely said a word. Her bright and playful eyes were dull and heavy. She did not cry, or yell, or weep. She sat plain and tall, lost because of the new void in her life.

Bill stood behind his mother and wife, with a hand on the shoulder of each woman. He showed no emotion throughout the entire service. His face was frozen in a tight scowl and his features withheld an innocence that was pure and disturbing. Harry watched as Bill stared at the cold slab that withheld the shell of his father’s body; that innocence was lost and Harry could not see any of the vitality that had once rested in Bill’s nature.

Percy stood between the twins with a distant look on his face. Harry had never seen Percy so unkempt. Percy had not managed to comb his hair or shave. A thin moustache was forming over his thin lip. He had folded his arms tightly across his chest and hid his mouth behind his right hand.

Harry watched George wipe tears from his eyes. He was the only of the Weasley men to actually cry. He spent most of the service swaying back and forth and staring at his feet. His hair was rather mussed, like Percy and his face was torn in obvious sadness.

Fred, however, didn’t seem to blink throughout the whole service. Though his eyes were very red, they were very dry. He stared straight ahead, in no particular direction, as his father was laid to rest. Fred had set his jaw and balled his fists, a new determination had been resolved and he looked fierce.

Ginny refused to sit through the service as well as refuse to even look at Harry. Her hair was pulled back in a tight bun and she looked very intimidating. She wore a dangerous face that clearly indicated that this was the last place she wanted to be. Of course, this was the last place they all wanted to be. She hovered next to Charlie who’s typically ornery attitude was now long and sallow.

Hermione cried heavily throughout the service but did not make a sound. She wove a hand behind Ron’s back to help support him. Ron stood, stone faced throughout the day. Harry could tell that as much as Hermione was supporting Ron, Ron was supporting Hermione. Ron was pale and tired; his sadness was evident but not nearly as much as desperation. Harry could see how badly Ron wanted this just to be a terrible nightmare.

The whole service seemed to pass in a blur and before Harry realized it, they were back at Grimmauld Place. When they returned, Ginny stormed up to her and Hermione’s room and hastily slammed the door. Bill moved to make a cup of tea for his mother and Percy was helping Hermione prop Ron up on the sofa. The twins had mysteriously disappeared. It was the first time Harry could remember being with the Weasleys and not feeling like he was home.

Grimmauld Place was as dreary as it had always been, despite the new coat of paint here and there; the house was cold and desolate. Harry felt like he was lost and would never be found. He couldn’t stand the fact that there was nothing he could do to make anybody feel better.

“Harry,” Moody growled, “You and I are going to get Remus out of St. Mungo’s. I don’t know about you, sonny, but I need to get out of here. Arthur was a great friend of mine, he would rather we remember him with a pint and laughing, than all this grief.”

Harry looked up at the stairs to where Ginny had just been and down the hall to where Bill had ushered his mother into the kitchen.

“Some cry, some pull it in, and others get mad. Bill has pulled all that emotion into himself because he has to be the strong one. Ginny got mad. You never get used to telling people that kind of thing. She is going to hate you for a while, but then she will realize that you were only the messenger. I almost pity the man on the day she runs across Lucius Malfoy.” With that Moody clamped a mangled hand onto Harry’s left shoulder and pushed him back out the front door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Remus was waiting for Moody and Harry as they strolled into the room at St. Mungo’s. He was dressed and ready to be discharged. Remus was leaning over Dora and whispering gently to her as her eyes flickered open and close.

“Glad to see you are doing so much better,” Moody said, as he patted Remus’ back.

“I’m just glad she is going to pull through. She finally awoke only an hour ago. I told her everything that happened. She asked for Kingsley though; the Healers said she will likely need to stay until the end of the week. Get your rest sweetheart, I will see you when I get back from Scotland. I love you.” Remus gave a weak smile and places a gentle kiss on the palm of her left hand. He collected his jacket and led Harry out of the room.

“Why are you going to Scotland?” Harry asked almost wearily.

“Oh, the full moon is tomorrow night. I’m staying with Kingsley tonight and then he will help me get to the Shrieking Shack for my transformation. The Healers think it unwise for me to use Wolfsbane Potion, it might slow my recovery. Its days like this I miss Sirius and your dad. I could use someone to help me through my transformations…” he trailed off.

“You boys fancy a drink? I know I sure as hell could use one right now.” Remus nodded and Harry followed them out of the hospital and into the nearest pub.

A/N: See, not dead. Please review. No flames unless you can back up your complaint.
Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear