Search:

SIYE Time:15:57 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 113958; Chapter Total: 6391







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Four
Journey of a Lifetime

Harry spent the next few hours in a daze. When they returned to his house, Mrs. Weasley nearly fainted to learn that they were going back to school. Dudley simply looked confused and sat with his father in the living room. Mrs. Weasley had brought him tea and biscuits but not without snarling at him. He whimpered. Aunt Petunia and Mrs. Weasley hardly said a word to each other. Harry suspected that Mrs. Weasley was only warming up with her little attack on Uncle Vernon. Tonight was to be a double feature.

“Ron lets get your things up to my room. Lupin said he would be back tonight and so should Moody,” Harry said turning towards Hermione, “do you know when Neville and Luna will be joining us?”

“Neville said he would meet us here tomorrow and Luna is going to meet us in a few days. Why don’t we go upstairs? I’ll help you guys get settled and we can plan everything that we want to get accomplished this summer,” Hermione suggested after lunch.

The trio silently moved upstairs. They sat in silence letting the gravity of their task set in.

“Well, where do you want to start?” she asked taking out parchment and ink so she could write out their itinerary.

“The graves; I want to see where my parents were buried. That shouldn’t take more than a few hours. After that we should head out to find any Horcruxes,” Harry decided.

“We can move out to Godric’s Hollow after that. If we find anything it would be a good place to work out how to destroy them,” Ron said insightfully.

“I suspect that Professor Lupin and Moody will have a few places they will want us to go to as well,” Hermione murmured without looking up from the parchment.

“Right you are Hermione,” Lupin announced. He was leaning on the frame of the door.

“You know that you three can call me Moony or Remus. I haven’t taught for some time yet” he smiled. “Molly is about to head out; you should want to say your goodbyes.”

He turned and made room for them to return to the kitchen. They stopped just before the door. Dudley was leaning against it, clearly eavesdropping; his hand was clamped over his mouth, his eyes very wide. The group cautiously approached the door and heard the dangerous voice of Molly Weasley.

“I am glad that you and Remus have made up so nicely, but I will not. That boy is as close to me as he could be short of channeling Lily. I will not accept you speaking or doing anything to him that is even remotely cruel. How that wonderful young man ever came from such a foul, scrawny little wench like you I’ll never know. I will not forget you Petunia Dursley and so help me if you so much as hurt his feelings ever again, Voldemort will be the least of your problems!” Mrs. Weasley hissed barely above a deadly whisper.

“I have never heard Mum use his name before!” Ron whispered to the group.

“Should we go say goodbye then?” Hermione asked cautiously.

They gazed at each other. They shouldn’t be listening in like this… Harry feared something like this was bound to happen, after she had nearly killed his uncle…More dialogue could be heard from behind the door,

“I understand. Thank you for your help with the Awakening. You have a beautiful daughter and son. Perhaps Harry could return for the holidays this year and our families can spend some time getting to know each other,” Aunt Petunia had no way of knowing that her son and nephew were ready to faint dead away from her last comment.

She had never wanted Harry back for the holidays why should she now? Perhaps his hearing was going but he thought he heard his aunt offer to spend time with wizards as well.

“That’s a wonderful idea Penny!” Lupin boomed revealing the five eavesdroppers in poor fashion.

The teenagers collected around the kitchen table. Moody and Tonks were sitting there; apparently un-phased by Mrs. Weasley’s attack on Aunt Petunia as they were playing cards.

“Merlin, I’m glad we’re playin’ for money Mad-Eye! If you keep playing like that, you’d be naked in no time!” Tonks giggled as Moody actually blushed and threw his cards down.

“Goodbye Mrs. Weasley thanks for everything!” Hermione strode through the kitchen hugging and kissing the matron on the cheek.

“Be safe my dears. Hermione I adopted you with Harry a long time ago. Try calling me Molly? I know you have a mum, but I will always be here for you,” Mrs. Weasley cupped the girl’s face and smiled.

Ron’s ears pinked as he kissed his mother on the cheek. Mrs. Weasley looked up at her son, terrified that she would not see him again.

“We will be fine. Don’t worry.” Ron emphasized every word seeing that his mother was fighting her innate desire to fret.

She turned to see her brunette son gazing at her. Deciding that the moment was getting rather heavy he stuck out his hand grabbing hers and shaking it furiously.

“Oh Mother Weasley, I can never thank you for everything you have done for me! We must get together again soon and do tea. Please send my regards to you husband and lovely daughter,” Harry laid it on extra thick to keep her from crying.

“Nice try! You are as bad as the twins put together.”

The whole room laughed at the powerful matron. She pulled Harry into a bone crushing hug with a hearty laugh.

“If you think I didn’t catch you calling me ‘Mum’ while I was rounding on Vernon you’re thicker than most teenagers! I love you all. Be safe.” And with a general goodbye to the rest of the room, she was gone with a pop!

The room was still feeling the absence of Mrs. Weasley.

“Would you all like some tea? Dudley dear, see if your father would like some tea” Aunt Petunia bustled around the kitchen.

“Let me help you Mrs. Dursley,” Hermione requested reaching for the empty kettle.

The two women worked silently for a few moments until Tonks broke the tension.

“Petunia that is a lovely ring I didn’t notice it yesterday.”

Tonks pointed to a lovely silver diamond ring on Aunt Petunia’s right ring finger. It wasn’t a large stone but was pretty none the less. The band had intricate carvings framing the perfect princess cut.

“Oh, thank you. It’s the Indicator Remus gave me,” she whispered.

“My, my, dear Remus, how did I miss out on that?” Tonks lifted a blue eyebrow at her boyfriend.

“Thanks a lot Penny,” Moony hissed with sarcasm.

“It is an Indicator. Yes it was the engagement ring I bought her years ago and it is connected to the pinky ring I have on my finger. We wanted to use that one because it was already registered, and this way we didn’t have to go through the Ministry to register a new one. Dora look, the teenagers are confused,” he said pointing at Ron’s puzzled face and laughing.

“An Indicator is an object that indicates if a person is in danger. It is common for engagement and wedding rings to be registered Indicators because spouses like to know that the other is safe. I registered the ring after I bought it. Penny just needs to activate it and my ring will react. It is the same magic as the Protean Charm. I believe you have heard of that one, right Hermione?” Moony was trying to be playful so that Tonks wouldn’t be angry.

Tonks merely sent a very nasty scowl his way.

“Dora, please don’t be angry with me. I wanted to protect Harry’s family besides Alastor suggested the ring!” He pointed at her boss.

“Trying to pass the buck, laddie?” Moody growled at Lupin but laughed all the same.

“Actually, I think it is a brilliant idea,” Tonks said without emotion.

“Then why do you look so angry with me?” Lupin was thoroughly lost by now.

“Cause you’re cute when you squirm!” Tonks cried and shuffled the deck of cards.

Everyone had a giggle at this, even Aunt Petunia chuckled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

T hat night Dudley and his mother were whispering at the dinner table. Uncle Vernon had chosen to take dinner in the living room. Hermione and Tonks were chatting away animatedly while Ron and Harry were speculating about who would try out to fill the open seeker and chaser positions. Harry would train but decided not to play so that he could properly prepare his replacement.

“Folks, I know we’re only going to be here until tomorrow night, but I think it would be best if no one left the house without a wizard of legal age present,” Moody declared.

“The only people that would apply to is me and the Dursleys. Thanks a lot Moody,” a very grumpy Harry snarled.

“Your birthday isn’t very far away, Harry, calm down,” replied an impatient Hermione.

“I was going on a run with my girlfriend tomorrow; does that mean I can’t go?” Dudley whispered in the direction of Harry.

“You can still go; we just want one of us to accompany you. How far do you run?” Tonks supplied.

“About four kilos, maybe five,”

All the adults groaned.

“I run with Mum in the summer; I can come with you. You could just tell her that I am the daughter of a family friend or something,” Hermione offered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning, Harry heard someone softly knock on the front door very early. He got up knowing it must be Hermione. Harry thought the better of trying to wake Ron and descended the steps to get breakfast. Dawn was breaking as Hermione and Harry chatted about nothing in particular. Dudley came down shortly after Hermione arrived.

“Harry, before I forget, if anything happens or you need me quickly, I have my galleon with me. Have Ron activate it and I will Apparate here immediately.”

Harry only nodded in response.

“When will your girlfriend be here?” she inquired of Dudley.

“In about ten minutes or so,” Dudley supplied automatically.

“What is her name?” Hermione was always inquisitive.

“Hagar,” Dudley managed through a yawn.

No sooner had her name fallen from his sleepy mouth had she knocked upon their door. Hagar had a bright toothy smile and sleek blonde hair. Today it was swept up into two tight buns on her head. Her eyes were bright and had a very familiar shine to them.

“Good morning hun,” she whispered to him as Dudley welcomed her into the living room, “This is Hermione and Harry. I've told you about my crazy cousin, and Hermione is a good friend of ours.” Dudley introduced them politely, shocking Harry.

“It is a pleasure to meet you both; I've heard erm… a lot about you, Harry,” she gave him a distinct once over. Her eyes surveyed him and naturally paused at his bright eyes and infamous scar.

“Well, we should get going. Another friend of ours is due to arrive today. Don’t forget, Neville should be here around noon.” She smiled as she slipped out the door leading Hagar and Dudley.

Hagar looked so familiar; Harry just couldn’t place it.

*~*~*~*~*

Neville did in fact arrive at noon exactly with Mad-Eye Moody in tow. Hermione had returned from the run and was anxious to get started on their adventure. Tonks, Lupin, and Kingsley arrived only a half hour after Neville and Moody and the meeting was underway.

“So, the graves first?” Tonks asked.

“Yeah, I want to see where they are buried,” Harry decided.

“I don’t understand how we are going to be able to have such an escort. I mean, won’t the Ministry think something is up if two Aurors, a retired Auror, and a werewolf suddenly decide to spend their summer with a bunch of teenagers?” The clever Hermione questioned.

“Well now I am thrilled you asked that question Hermione. Yes, that would be quite strange, wouldn’t it?” Remus looked like he was building up to something.

“It seems that a few weeks ago, Kingsley was apart of the battle in which the dementors attacked and requested to have the summer off due to personal injury. Moody has returned to retirement. You, my love…are our only problem child,” Moony reached under the table to grab her hands.

“Dora, how could we get you out of a few weeks or even months of work without anybody noticing?” Tonks shook her head.

“Oh my word!!” Hermione clamped a hand over her mouth as Moony shot her a glare that clearly said ‘shut up.’ “I have to owl Ginny!” and she flew up the stairs to find Hedwig.

Kingsley was smiling knowingly, and Moody was fidgeting with the deck of cards from the previous night.

“Remus, what are you on about? I thought we agreed that I would work at the Ministry during the week and meet up with you on the weekends,” Tonks was baffled by Remus’ strange behavior.

“We need you the whole time, and I need you more than that. If you were, say, on your honeymoon, that would remove the speculation considerably wouldn’t you agree?” Remus tried to be casual but came off very excited.

“What?!” Dora said quickly becoming speechless.

Harry, Ron, and Neville were picking their chins up off the table. None of them had expected this.

“Remus, are you serious? I nearly had to hold you at wand point to get you to go on one date with me and that was only a few months ago. Are you sure?” Tonks was growing more and more confident.

“I love you; I want us to be happy. You showed me that we deserve that at least.” He gazed into her eyes expectantly.

“A honeymoon would be an excellent cover; wouldn’t you agree boys?” Tonks asked Ron, Neville and Harry.

All three nodded and began laughing.

“You could have at least warned me, Moony!” Harry protested as he shook Lupin’s hand in congratulations.

More laughter came as Remus kissed Tonks and he slid a large Marquis Cut diamond on a platinum band onto her small hand.

“You’re no fun, Harry,” was the only reply Remus gave.

“I have to owl the Ministry to tell them that I am going on sabbatical for the summer because I’m getting married. Oh merciful Heaven, who would believe this?” Tonks whispered.

“Why should you owl them? I put your notice in for you two days ago. Your honeymoon officially began yesterday.” Kingsley pulled the blushing Nymphadora Tonks into a tight hug.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The wedding of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks was scheduled to be the day after everyone left Privet Drive. Harry had said his goodbyes to Uncle Vernon, which were not reciprocated. Dudley and Harry had not had a verbal goodbye, rather they shook hands. They were not friends but the respect had grown. Aunt Petunia laid a hand on Harry’s shoulder, warned him to be safe, and to keep in touch from time to time. Harry suspected that she was regretting their past together, and he was not going to make it worse. He assured her that he would send Hedwig along every now and then.

Kingsley had offered the use of his home in Bristol for the ceremony. Kingsley was a Muggleborn and was highly entertained by Arthur Weasley’s interest in his ceiling fan. Kingsley had a seemingly Muggle home that just happened to be protected by magic. He had suggested that the night of the wedding, that the Lupins return to Grimmauld Place for the wedding night, and that he would let Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Harry stay at his home.

The ceremony may have been put together in haste, but none of the guests would have known it. The guest from the Ministry had been invited by Tonks directly, while the Order members helped with the planning. Neville’s grandmother sent some of his beautiful Fireburst Roses and Stargazer Lilies. The magical buds lit up the garden ceremony with soft orange firelight and star shine. Fred and George offered their best fireworks for the evening. Bill and Fleur were not yet back and Charlie had returned to Romania. Percy was not in attendance but had sent a nice card with heart felt congratulations. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had arrived very happy to check in on their youngest son. Ginny was to be a bridesmaid with Hermione and only seemed more stunning than the last time Harry had seen her.

Remus asked Harry to be his best man and a woman named Veronica was Tonks’ maid of honor. She had soft blonde hair. It was rather curly, and Harry knew he knew that face from somewhere. She had familiar playful eyes and often winked at Tonks. That wink was so distinctful. Remus and Tonks had asked Moody to oversee the ceremony. It seemed that the officer of the ceremony had to have a close tie to both the bride and groom.

Tonks opted for a simple cream sundress instead of extravagant robes for her gown. Her soft brown hair cascaded past her shoulders. She carried only a few Calalilies and had never looked more magnificent.

When the ceremony began, Moody waved his wand and Tonks began to glide down the aisle as a soft light eminated from her.

“Remus, this woman presents herself to you today. She is spontaneous, young, vivacious, and playful. She chooses to stand by you during the darkest of times and willingly walks with you when the light shines through,” Moody began.

“Woman-who-refuses-to-let-me-say -her-first-name, you are a pain in my arse. This man asks you to walk with him forever. He will never take you for granted and will always know that you are priceless. We are here today to wish you both love and luck from now until the very end. Please state your vows.”

“I, the woman known as Tonks,” she gave Moody an evil glare, “will walk with you in the sunlight and moon’s rays. You guide me and complete me.”

“I will hold you and cherish the time we are blessed with. You fulfill all that I have ever desired and I can never know existence without you,” Moony beamed at the sweet figure before him.

With the final kiss and the uproar of the guests, Remus and Dora were married. Music stemmed from somewhere and the dancing began almost immediately. Harry made a v-line for Ginny.

“Dance with me, please.” He whispered to her.

She nodded and took his hand.

“You look remarkable tonight. How is it at home? Are you enjoying the quiet?”

“Everything is fine, Mum is going loony with worry about you all, but I like the silence. It helps me think.” She answered him.

“What do you think about?”

“I don’t know, lots of things, I guess. I worry about you and Ron. I think about us, a lot.”

“Oh,” was all Harry could muster.

“What do you want from me, Harry?”

“What do you mean?” He slowly revolved with her.

“Do you want me to be your friend; what am I to you?”

“Gin, I really care about you. You know that I like you, but with all that’s going on right now with Voldemort…I just want you to be happy and to know that I think of you.”

She gave him the best smile any man could hope for and kissed him softly on the cheek.

“Thank you for the dance, Harry,” she whispered to him as she slid out of his grasp and began to dance with Kingsley.

A/N Please Review!!! I have up to chapter five validated and Chapter six should be validated soon. Everything will go through Mugglenet first then I will post here!
Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear