Search:

SIYE Time:13:07 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 114019; Chapter Total: 6221







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Three
When Petunia meets Harry

Harry and Ginny spent little time together during his brief stay at the Burrow. To his great astonishment, time always flew by quickly when he was there. Suddenly, he was preparing to return to Privet Drive. He did not want to return but was anxious to find the answers to the new mystery. What would he find out about his mother from his aunt?

He and Ron were packing silently, both in deep thought. Neither felt it necessary to speak. Harry was contemplating for the hundredth time his awkward behavior with Ginny. He knew he cared about her but was so afraid she would get hurt…Ron seemed to be debating some great issues with himself as well…

“I can’t believe Percy showed up with Cho!” Harry heard Ron murmur to himself.

“Yea, I wonder how they got together,” Harry returned.

“She has always been attracted to guys who had some ambition or name for themselves. Cedric, you, Percy has always been devoted to his own personal success…” Hermione was standing in the doorway watching Ron pack.

“Besides, she started working at the Ministry after last year. She told me that Penelope regretted Percy’s decision to turn his back on his family and dumped him flat,” she continued

“Serves him right, wait, how long have you been here?” Ron demanded looking worried.

“Just now, I came up to tell Harry that Mr. Weasley and Tonks want to speak with him,” she leaned against the door frame giving Ron a strange look as Harry quietly slid by her. He was sure a feud was about to erupt.

Harry remembered last year. He was afraid that if Ron and Hermione started to date that he would feel left out. In the end they had not gotten together, but he had begun to date Ginny. He spent less time with his best friends and more time with her. He made them feel left out and wondered if things had begun to change for Ron and Hermione. It may have been slow in coming but he was sure that they cared for each other in a way that was more than platonic.

“Harry!” Tonks exclaimed, “Glad you came down, we need to have a chat.”

Harry sat as Mr. Weasley and Tonks offered him a seat at the dinner table.

“Harry, son, you are leaving tonight. Remus has asked that you go home alone because of some conversation you need to have with your aunt. Tonks will escort you back. You will be Apparating when you have your things ready,” Mr. Weasley explained.

“What about Ron? I thought he and Hermione were…” Harry stuttered. He did not want to leave his friends again.

“Ginny is going with you tonight. They will meet you in the morning,” Tonks cut him off but she could see that Harry was upset.

“Why?” Harry was again furious that his plans kept changing without his knowledge and consent.

“We will understand when we get there, I promise,” Ginny sidled into the room carrying a mug of hot tea and handed it to her father. She kissed him gently on the head as he patted her hand on his shoulder.

“All I know is that I have to be there because I have something in common with your mum,” she crossed the room and smoothed down his anger in one breath. “Don’t be angry.”

Wanting immediate answers, Harry leapt up the stairs grabbed his bag (Hermione and Ron were squabbling again) and said his thank yous to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Tonks grabbed Harry by the arm as Harry grabbed onto Ginny’s hand. With a faint “pop” they had clumsily collapsed on his Aunt Petunia’s eerily clean carpet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I’ll never get bloody used to that,” Harry croaked. Tonks’s skills at Apparation weren’t very good. Harry fell backwards and landed on his back. Tonks landed on his head while Ginny fell over his legs. All three scrambled to get up as he heard a very Moony-like laugh from someplace nearby.

“Dora, I love you, but remind me to never let you co-Apparate with me!” Remus was laughing (and pointing) while Harry shot very nasty looks at the Marauder.

“Keep it up and you can call your self ‘couch-jockey’ for the rest of your life!” Tonks retaliated.

Harry laughed at the obvious defeat of Moony.

“Well Moony, I’m ready to know. What is going on and, not that I mind but, why is Ginny here?” Harry tried to be angry but couldn’t as Lupin was trying to hug Tonks. She stuck out her tongue, which at the moment was bright green, and walked to the other side of the room.

“Harry,” Aunt Petunia came into the room with a large tray of tea and biscuits, gestured for everyone to sit, “Would anyone care for tea?” she whispered trying to get up again.

“It is alright, Penny.” Remus reached across the coffee table and patted her hand.

“Harry, Remus and I are old friends. When your mother and father were engaged I was introduced to Remus. We walked down the aisle together at your parents’ wedding,” Aunt Petunia began slowly but her words came faster with each breath.

“Remus and I eventually began to see each other and your mother and I became very close. One day I asked her to make a present for Remus from me. We got into this huge argument but it was over something very trivial. Now I understand that she had her reasons for saying ‘no’ but I would not hear her. I felt she was lording her power over me and became extremely jealous. She tried to explain but I abandoned her. I left Remus and cut all connections with the wizarding world. I wanted nothing to do with that freakishness. I was bitter. Shortly after, I met Vernon. Less than three months after our argument I agreed to marry him. I explained everything to him after our wedding. He thought it was odd that my family had not attended. Anyhow, when you showed up I realized how much I had really lost but I still could not forgive Lily.

“Not long after your mother died, I found out that she had begun the project that I had asked of her. When she died I knew I would have to finish it someday. Your mother was a SpitFire. SpitFires are very rare in the magical community. They are generally associated with the best magic and are very good. They are called ‘SpitFires’ because when they spit, it erupts into flame.”

Ginny let out a small gasp, but Harry didn’t look at her.

“SpitFires are also known as Phoenix Branders, they create the magical creatures. It is a long and difficult process but it was one of your mother’s many talents. SpitFires have built in magical ability. With time and practice they can grow to control fire simply by looking at it. The most amazing part of this process is that they created phoenixes. Dumbledore taught Lily the process and she explained everything about it to me before she died. I loved hearing those stories about the beautiful birds. I wanted one in fact I wanted her to make one for Remus. That was the present we fought about…” she trailed off looking squarely at Remus.

“Oh Penny, I asked her to make one for you for my birthday. I was going to propose! I was going to give you the bird and have it carry the ring. I knew how much you wanted one,” Lupin looked very sad as he whispered to her. His head sank into his hands.

“We can’t change the past Remus. We are both happy now, but perhaps we can grow to be friends. I know Vernon may not like our friendship but I realize we need ties to the magical community and I would prefer those ties to be people I trust.”

The two adults seemed lost in their own world. Tonks looked agitated, but not because of the interlude passing between her boyfriend and Harry’s Aunt Petunia. Ginny had her hand clamped over her mouth and was looking at Harry.

“Okay so she was a SpitFire,” he snapped the former lovebirds out of their reverie, “What is so important about it? Do you think I’m one?” Harry was confused.

“No, SpitFire’s are only female. She had an unfinished nest and you need to complete the ceremony before they die,” Aunt Petunia mumbled.

“He can’t complete the ceremony. A SpitFire does. We need him to open the nest with his blood,” Lupin gazed from Harry to Ginny.
“So if I’m not a SpitFire, then that would mean…” no one was looking at him as he spoke.

“I am. I only found out last year. I was in McGonagall’s office after class waiting to talk to her. I spit out my gum into her rubbish bin, which caught flame. She came in just as the fire took and asked if that ever happened before, it had so she started mumbling to herself and said that I was a spitfire, I thought she meant I was spunky or something.” Ginny was speaking so fast Harry could not take it all in.

“Mum said that she thought I was one since birth when I got home. She started to explain the process to me. She explained that her mother had been one. After a nest is sealed in its box they have to mature for fifteen years. Before the sixteenth year the nest must hatch or all the birds will die. How long do we have?” she was staring at Lupin.

“According to the instructions Dumbledore left, ten hours,” he looked embarrassed.

“Cutting it close are we!? Mrs. Dursley, get me a blade please. Do you have the spell? Tonks go back to the Burrow and get my mother,” Ginny demanded jumping to her feet.

Lupin produced the spell and handed it to Ginny. Tonks Disapparated and Aunt Petunia vanished into the kitchen. Harry read over her shoulder:

*Burn Green Flames for two months
*Ash fifty hickory logs, set in cauldron on green flames (One month)
*Spill blood of the enemy on ashes (LM)
-will glow red
-let rest for one week
*Spill blood of the innocent (HP)
-will glow white
-let rest for one week
*Insert sacrifice-(Gran’s pearl ring)
-Ashes will absorb the blood and sacrifice
*Let stew for entire mooncycle
*Mix vile of centaur tears with vile of werewolf saliva and insert into cauldron on the morn of the full moon.
-Ashes will boil at midnight as the moon shines upon the potion the ashes will divide into
Gemstones
-Each gemstone will become one egg

**THE SPELL WILL NOT YIELD A CONSISTENT NUMBER OF BIRDS WITH EACH CAST**

*After gems cool insert into empty Pensieve
-deposit one memory of fear into the Pensieve
-deposit one memory of love into the Pensieve
**For Predetermination of a specific owner deposit specific memory or emotion into one gemstone**
*Gems will grow into eggs while residing in a sealed nest box for fifteen years
*Blood of the maker and the aim of a SpitFire must hatch the eggs before the sixteenth year.

“I am SO CONFUSED!!!” Harry bellowed at his aunt and friends.

“Your mother used this spell to make phoenixes. The first bird she birthed was Fawkes. Dumbledore taught her how when she was in her sixth year. After he died we found the nest box in his possession, we knew my blood would have to be spilled in order to produce the birds but we did not know another SpitFire before now.” Aunt Petunia looked at her hands as she handed Ginny a cutting knife from the kitchen.

“Why you, it says the maker’s blood, why not me?” Harry asked quietly.

“Your blood was that of the innocent, see the initials? HP? It can not be reused in the same spell,” Ginny pointed at the letters.

“Who is LM?” she asked gazing at Remus.

“Erm…Lucius Malfoy if memory serves. Ten guesses where she got the werewolf saliva!” Remus tried to laugh.

Tonks and Mrs. Weasley reappeared moments later. Mrs. Weasley had a bag slung over her shoulder. Tonks was still rattling away everything that they had learned. Ginny and her mother exchanged glances. With a quick smile Mrs. Weasley busied herself about her daughter preparing what she was about to do.

“Where is the box?” Ginny asked Petunia, “We need it now.”

Petunia turned and walked to the stairs to retrieve it.

“Mum, I have the spell but no incantation, I need you to shield me while I am doing the charms and the Awakening or else I will be under arrest for underage magic. Do you have Gran’s old spell? I’m sure that’ll do,” Ginny gazed at her mother.

“Oh, is that all dear?” her mother whispered sarcastically, “Your rather taking charge don’t you think?”

“I have ten hours Mum, the Awakening takes four and the incantation ceremony overlapping of course,” Ginny apprehensively looked at the clock above the mantle. “I just hope we aren’t too late already.”

“Ten hours!” Mrs. Weasley screeched at Lupin, “Honestly sometimes you are as bad as Sirius!”

“You and your daughter were cut from the same cloth, Molly,” Remus tried to frown but laughed instead and gave Mrs. Weasley a quick peck on the cheek.

“Cheeky bugger,” she mumbled as Petunia reemerged from upstairs with the box.

“Here is the box. The note from Dumbledore said that the only one who can open the box is Harry, with willingly shed blood.” Petunia spoke as she strode over to hand Harry the small wooden box.

It was a pretty box with intricate carvings and notches cut into the cherry wood. Harry clasped it in his hands. Harry didn’t notice Ginny prick his finger and let a droplet of blood fall over the seal. The ornate carvings glowed white for only a moment before the box clicked open. Black velvet lined the inside as five large gemstones were carefully lined and secured into place. Harry gasped at the beautiful stones.

“Do you have some cloth or wood I could use to set fire?”

Harry heard Ginny speaking, but he was gazing at the beautiful stones. Next to the stones were five small chains. Each chain had a medallion and a name inscribed into it. He could not imagine that they were about to be the magnificent birds that he saw in Dumbledore’s office.

“Here, use this,” Petunia handed Ginny several old towels, “Is there anything else we need?”

“No, thank you, it is time to begin, Mum,” Ginny saw her mother was already holding her wand ready to shield her, “When the incantations begin you must slice your hand and pore your blood over each stone. About an hour later they should begin to turn into the eggs,” she said turning her attention back to Harry’s aunt.

Ginny removed the gems from their nest box and placed them in the bundles of towels. She looked around the room and spat into the middle of the bundle, which immediately was engulfed in bright flames. For as large as the fire was, Harry felt neither heat nor smelled any smoke. He sat down on the floor next to Ginny as she began muttering words in some other language he could not understand. He heard his aunt whimper in pain as she sliced her hand and squeezed the blood out of her hand. She dropped several drops on each stone. When the last drop reached the last stone the flames erupted again turning a dark violet shade. Tonks healed her hand, and Petunia, Remus, and Tonks all sat on the couch waiting for the next few hours to end.

Ginny rocked back and forth shifting her weight never stuttering on the difficult words. Harry could not help but feel her intensity as he sat so close to her. The light from the fire danced in her hair. Harry tore his eyes away from her some time later to see if the stones had changed. They had swollen greatly and were vibrating softly. The first hour had passed.

After the second hour, Ginny was no longer chanting but humming and rocking. She was also holding Harry’s hand. She grabbed on some time ago while she was muttering the incantations. He supposed this to be a part of the spell but she had now taken to gently squeezing it every so often. She never took her beautiful chocolate eyes away from the flames.

The flames burned blue at the end of the third hour. Ginny looked positively weak. Her eyes were closed and she was still holding Harry’s hand. She was no longer humming but now silently whispering things to herself. Harry watched her full lips move. Every so often she would lick her lips. As the ceremony drew to an end Harry could hear the distinct cry of the phoenix.

Fawkes appeared out of nowhere in a burst of bright flame and watched as the eggs began to shake and roll wildly in the flames. Tonks had fallen asleep on Lupin’s shoulder. He had his arm causally draped around her and was resting his head against hers. Remus was still awake, but his eyes were glassy and dark. Aunt Petunia just waited and leaned her chin on her knuckles, propping herself up on the arm of her sofa. It was nearly four in the morning when the first egg cracked, and a tiny beak pushed forward.

The little, ugly, bird snapped out of the shell and sang a sweet chirp. Fawkes flew down to Harry’s knee and closely investigated the newborn. Ginny opened her eyes and smiled at the babies before returning to her muttering. When the last egg had completely hatched and five very ugly baby birds sat in the flames, Ginny took in a deep breath and muttered, “Finite!” The flames were extinguished as the clock on the mantle chimed four o’clock.

The ugly creatures rolled awkwardly on the singed rags. They all had small naked wings while a few tiny feathers poked through the skin. Harry could tell that each bird would be a different color. One had black feathers on his naked body while another had purple. Their large, bright yellow beaks stood out from their naked bodies. They continued to flop around as they watched Fawkes as he moved around their nest.

Fawkes inched over to the box which was still open and picked up one of the medallions. He carefully placed it over the head of one of the babies. The medallion expanded and shrank and fitted itself around the neck of the little phoenix. Harry realized that the inscriptions had been the names of the intended birds.

“This is the Awakening of Mercutio,” Ginny whispered.

She looked exhausted and was leaning into Harry’s arm. Harry noticed her mother was quite tired as well and had finally removed the shield. He tore his eyes away from Mrs. Weasley when he heard, “This is the Awakening of Pharaoh.”

“This is the Awakening of Jove; this is the Awakening of Sol, and this is the Awakening of Voerlute.” With that, Ginny collapsed into Harry. Her head fell softly onto his shoulder and was sound asleep.

“Congratulations,” Aunt Petunia whispered. “Take her up to your room, Harry, she and her mother may stay the rest of the night. You may stay in Dudley’s room tonight.”

Harry carefully lifted the sleeping SpitFire, and glided up the steps with Mrs. Weasley in tow. If he had not been so preoccupied, he may have noticed the many eyes watching him. Aunt Petunia saw Harry for the first time that night. She saw that her nephew had not left Ginny’s side and was not about to let her leave Privet Drive when she was that exhausted. Even if she had wanted to kick the Weasleys out…something about that redhead brought back too many memories. The stupid fight with Lily, her Lily, her sister, Petunia had wasted time. Was it too late to get part of her sister back?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry had not even bothered to get undressed. It was nearly five in the morning when he collapsed onto Dudley’s bed. Only two short hours later he heard all too familiar yells from the floor below.

“Who the ruddy hell are you and what are you doing in my house!?” Uncle Vernon was home.

“Vernon dear, this is Tonks. She is a friend of Remus’s. What are you doing home so early? I didn’t expect you until this evening,” Aunt Petunia called from the living room.

Harry leapt up from his cousin’s bed and dashed downstairs. He saw Dudley and Uncle Vernon clad in funny hats holding fishing gear. They had gone to the lake like they did every year.

“We can explain everything but please stop screaming. My friends might still be asleep,” Harry knew that his uncle wouldn’t show that much courtesy for him but might for his friends. Well at least as long as there was a grown wizard standing in the same room as his uncle.

“Petunia!” Uncle Vernon gasped, “I thought we agreed that his friends would not stay. I don’t care what that Loony fellow said!”

“Vernon, they must stay. I don’t like it either but things are strenuous now. They will be here later but last night, Remus arrived saying that they needed my help. None of us have had much sleep and besides the lot of them will only be here for two days. After that someone will be here to collect them and we may never see them again,” her voice rose slightly at the end of her speech.

“Good riddance, I do not want Dudley around those freaks. I don’t care what that Loomy man says,” Uncle Vernon snarled.

At this point the whole party had congregated in the living room. Remus and Tonks were whispering in a corner to each other. Aunt Petunia was fluffing the pillows on the sofa while Uncle Vernon, fishing rod in hand, watched her. He was still trying to argue with her but realized that he was losing. Harry was leaning against the door to the cupboard under the stairs. He watched Dudley gaze back and forth between his parents.

“Penny, I need to take Dora home. My friend Alastor should be here in a few hours. Molly can keep an eye on things until then. When she wakes up tell her I will be back tonight. I noticed that your husband threw the Indicator back at me after our last visit so this time I will give it to you. Keep it with you and keep safe,” Remus handed Petunia a small fuzzy box. Harry could see her eyes begin to water.

“Dudley, why don’t I help you put all that stuff away,” Harry cleared his throat getting the attention of all assembled.

Dudley felt the intensity of the situation and was more than happy to get out of that room.

“So…how was fishing?” Harry tried to make conversation knowing Dudley would feel uncomfortable. Normally Harry would not care but Dudley looked bothered, more than usual.

“I have always enjoyed going to the lake with Dad. We didn’t catch anything though. Mum told me before we left that you and your friends were going to be here later on today. Dad said you would not. They are going to have a huge row after all that has happened,” Dudley eyed Harry who was leading them to Dudley’s bedroom.

“Harry, you are not my friend. I have never even considered you family. That night, in the alley, I saw you. You saved me from those things. Why?”

“Those things bring to life your most horrible experiences of your life. When they attack me I hear and feel my mother being murdered. I know you do not see that but what you feel is terrifying to you. I would not wish Dementors on you or anyone. Well maybe Voldemort but that’s a much longer story.”

“When they came after us, I saw you. I saw the time that you lost your tooth because I threw that ball at your face. You asked if you should put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy and Mum told you that the fairy only came to good little children who weren’t nasty like you. I remember hearing you cry at night and the times you woke up screaming, ‘Cedric!’ Wait, isn’t Voldemort the evil git trying to do you in?”

“Yeah, he is,” Harry had to chuckle. He knew Dudley did not understand to fear his name but the way he referred to Voldemort as “The Evil Git Trying to Do Me In,” was laughable. He made a mental note to tell Ron that one.

“Will he come after us?” Dudley whispered and sounded terrified.

“I don’t know but I can promise that there are people in the world trying to stop him. If he does, we will do everything to make sure that all of you are safe.”

This exchange between the cousins was so strange. It was as though Dudley needed to know if Harry was really going to be there for them, the same way he had been that night in the alley. A long moment of silence filled the bedroom. The two men looked at each other. Both realized that though they were not close, a new relationship had formed. It wasn’t trust or affection, just respect. A loud screech from the floor below brought the cousins away from this fluffy moment and indicated to Harry that at least one of the Weasley women was awake. Not wanting to miss the show, both men ran down the stairs.

Both Mrs. and Ginny Weasley were backing Uncle Vernon into the sofa.

“How dare you call that boy a freak!?” Mrs. Weasley always looked like a saber tooth tiger when she was on full form.

“Do you have any idea how incredible he is? His parents were murdered and he put up with you his entire life. He should be knighted!” Ginny was so gorgeous when she was angry.
Harry knew she was ready to spit bullets at his uncle, but did not want the house to erupt in flames.

“Mrs. Weasley,” he began trying to sound soft and trying to prevent the tigers from pouncing.

“He is bright and loyal and more of a man than you will ever be Vernon Dursley!” she rounded on him again.

“Harry is my friend. He is loving and generous and would never let anything happen to you or your family if he could help it, despite the Hell you put him through,” Ginny really was just like her mum.

“Gin, Molly,” Harry strained his voice and walked behind the sofa so he could see their faces.

“He has put himself in harm’s way several times to save and protect those people who are close to him!”

“He saved my life when he was only twelve years old. You do not even know that man, how dare you call him names!?” Ginny screamed as she pointed to herself.

With that Harry climbed over the back and over the couch and cupped the faces of the two fuming ladies, making them look at him. Uncle Vernon was left cowering behind him, splayed against the sofa.

“Ginny, Mum, I have been trying to get you attention. He doesn’t care and I don’t care if he does. You have made me a family more than they have ever been. Your screaming at them may be fun for me to watch but won’t change anything. Mrs. Weasley why don’t you see if you can help Aunt Petunia? Your son, the human bottomless pit, is going to be here tonight. With Ron, Dudley, and me…she will need your help. Plus Mr. Weasley will be fascinated by anything you can tell him about Muggle cooking,” he got a small smile at this but knew the harder one to convince was coming.

“Gin, why don’t you and I go for a walk? We can go to a little park just down the way,” her eyes were still burning into his uncle.

He kissed the women on the cheek before he released their chins. They both wore identical scowls but agreed all the same.

“I need to be getting home to Dad, besides Hermione and Ron should be Flooing over to Mrs. Figg’s in an hour. Why don’t we walk over there?” Ginny asked Harry. His face fell a little and he hoped that she didn’t notice.

“Erm, sure. I wish you didn’t have to leave though,” he tried to see into her mind. What was she thinking?

“I’ll be fine, Harry, besides the house all to myself? Who could say no to that?” she gave him her first genuine smile of the morning and bounded up the stairs to get her things out of Harry’s room.

“You two please be careful. I will be getting ready for the human feeding machine with your aunt,” Mrs. Weasley gave Harry a quick hug before following Aunt Petunia into the kitchen.

“You may not realize what has just happened here Uncle Vernon, but men have nearly died trying to get those two off their victims. I will not save you again.” Harry didn’t even turn around to look at his Uncle Vernon.

If he had, he would have seen a deflated man. He had no color to his face and looked like he might vomit at any time.

Harry and Ginny slowly walked to Mrs. Figgs’s. Both were trying to think of something to say without blurting out how much they hated being apart from each other.

“So, what has happened to the baby phoenixes now? Where did they go?” Harry questioned. His voice was much higher than he had planned on.

“They will follow Fawkes for a few months and then find owners. If your mother planned for you to have one it should return to you. If she did not plan on any of them going to specific people, they will choose their own owners,” Ginny answered with out looking at him.

Silence

When they reached Mrs. Figg’s they were surprised to see Ron, Hermione, and Professor McGonagall waiting for them.

“Well Mr. Potter, we were just about to go to your house. You may say goodbye to Miss Weasley,” Professor McGonagall stated matter-of-factly.

“Thank you for your help last night. It really means a lot to me,” Harry said, trying not to blush.

“You’re welcome, Harry. Goodbye,” she waved her hand and Floo away. She didn’t even wait for his response.

“Well Mr. Potter lets bring you up to date. I am aware of the fact that you do not wish to return to Hogwarts this year. I am here to try to persuade you to change your mind. Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger are in line for the Head Boy and Girl spots and you retain the title for Quidditch Captain. I am aware of the fact that you want to visit your parents’ graves and have the Horcruxes to find. You have the entire summer to do what you wish from this moment forward. Mr. Weasley and yourself have both expressed an interest in becoming Aurors. Therefore, if you return the first term would be devoted to preparing you for N.E.W.T.S. while the remaining terms would be similar to work-study. You and Mr. Weasley would begin practical training under the care of trained Aurors. Miss Granger has asked to study under Madame Pomfrey should you choose to stay.”

Harry’s head began to ache with all the choices before him. Go back to Hogwarts and train to become an Auror or refuse to go back to school.

“How did you know about the Horcruxes?” he looked tentatively at McGonagall.

“Alastor and Albus had been working together on that project. Alastor explained it all to me. Remus, Tonks, and Kingsley know but that is the extent of it.”

“You guys are as invested in this as I am, it is your decision too,” he looked at Ron and Hermione who were eyeing each other.

Mrs. Figg wandered between her guests. She offered them tea and did not seem the least bit bothered that teenagers had invaded her house.

“We go where you go, Harry,” Ron answered for the both of them.

“Harry, I think we should consider it. We will have free reign to research the Horcruxes and prepare for the battle. You and Ron will be better prepared for combat and I can learn to heal and help wounded. Ron is right though, we go where you do, make the call.” Hermione spoke with determined thought.

“If we would go back, there are a few things I would like to see,” Harry returned his gaze to the Headmistress.

McGonagall pursed her lips but nodded to indicate the beginning of negotiations.

“First of all, I will stay on as Captain only to prepare the team during the first term. I will give Ginny the co-Captaincy, and she can take over. Next, I want the school to endorse the D.A. let Luna and Neville run it with the old members. Last, extend the offer of work-study to all seventh years students who were members of the original D.A.” Harry watched the Headmistress think over his requests.

“I don’t have a problem with any of those things. Will you return then?” she asked as though she wanted to say more but had stopped herself.

“I think that as long as I can leave to destroy any Horcruxes we find, it would be best if we all return to Hogwarts,” Harry sighed. Hermione shrieked, and Ron mumbled something about Fred and George disowning him.
Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear