Search:

SIYE Time:16:34 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 113989; Chapter Total: 5242





Author's Notes:
Be sure to review! We are nearing the end!!! This chapter is dedicated to the beautiful and amazing Breanie for making me giggle about vikings and naughty nurses. Love to all my readers. More love to they that review. Please feel free to maim General Kenobi since he has yet to review for chapter 19. General, you should know when to concede defeat. Lovelovelove!!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Twenty
Push

The next day Harry was positively fuming. Everywhere he went, Ginny and Colin were there. Regardless of her testament yesterday, she was flirting, laughing, and being downright playful. Harry couldn’t get away from her smiles, and it killed him that not a single one was for him.

He wasn’t sure if it was their fight from last night or if he just needed a catalyst, but Harry felt like his feelings for Ginny had completely woken up. Not only did Harry have the uncontrollable urge to scream at her his undying and unwavering love, but he wanted to rip his own hair out at the fact that he actually thought she and Colin would be a good idea. What the hell had he been thinking? She wouldn’t be any safer with Colin than with himself. He wanted to protect her. How could he do that if she wasn’t with him? He knew she would find a way to fight in the end, but what good would it be if she wasn’t fighting with him?

In an attempt to finally escape Ginny and Colin, Harry retreated to the hospital wing with Susan’s dinner in hand. Hermione hadn’t returned from Krum’s quarters, despite the fact that he and Ron had returned earlier that morning. When Harry entered the hospital, a violent yell from Susan made him tear to her side.

“How could you do this, Draco?!” Susan hollered.

Harry was next to her in an instant and quickly cast a quick Muffliato.

“I didn’t have a choice, Susan, I never wanted this,” Malfoy hissed.

“I can’t believe I let myself trust you! I thought you would actually make an effort to be human, but now I know that the notorious Draco Malfoy is actually a manipulative, sub-species troll. I have wasted hours upon hours trying to make your stay here a little less miserable. You are a waste of my time and a waste of flesh, Draco Malfoy!” she shrieked as she ripped the tray from Harry’s hand and flew into the office.

“Malfoy,” Harry began with trepidation, “I have no idea what you did to make her so upset, but if I were you, I’d do everything in my power to fix it.”

“Shove off, Potter,” Malfoy ground out through clenched teeth.

Harry hastily removed the spell and followed Susan. He found her stabbing her food and mumbling about stupid people.

“Susan,” Harry said cautiously. Susan looked up from her plate and glared at him expectantly.

“I love you?” he questioned, thinking it a smart thing to say at the moment, but Susan just snorted and pushed her plate away.

“I love you too, Harry. Though I can’t say why, you are a bit of a fool,” she said with the playfulness in her voice returning.

“What was that about?” Harry asked jerking his head towards Malfoy’s cot.

“He is just stupid. He told you he was doing what was best for him, right? Well, apparently, that is going to put him in a lot of danger and he isn’t going to do anything about it. Before you ask, I’m not going to tell you. At least, not yet, he trusts me right now, and I know that is important. Wait until we are out of the hospital wing, okay?” Susan explained sadly.

Harry nodded dumbly and wished for a distraction from this awkward situation. Hermione had always been a hero to Harry, but he never felt it so much when she came up behind him at that very moment and looped her hand through the crook of his elbow.

“Miss me?” Hermione asked with a bright smile on her face.

“Of course!” Susan exclaimed and jumped up to hug Hermione.

“We are getting a new patient, but the good news is that she is very sweet and we will attend to her in her quarters. We actually will be making a house call.” Hermione laughed.

Harry looked slightly confused for a moment before he realized that she was talking about Natasha. Hermione pre-empted his question and answered it for him.

“She is going to make a complete recovery,” Hermione began, “she had been attacked by Dementors, but suffered no permanent physical damage. The Healers told Viktor and Ron that they could bring her back here as long as Roni agreed to supervise her recovery. Once Roni cleared her and got her settled in her rooms...”

“Someone say my name?” Roni interrupted coming up behind Harry and Hermione.

After Roni and Hermione informed Susan of Natasha’s condition, Roni threw both girls out of the hospital and demanded that they not return until the next night. They had both been so involved in their work-study that they had completely forgotten to attend to any other duties they had. Hermione said she was going to help Ron and do rounds tonight, whereas Harry told Susan they were going to have a walk about the grounds.

Even though the grounds were lightly dusted with snow, the January air was crisp and clean. It wasn’t a bitter cold, just cool enough to huddle close and cast a warming charm or two. At first Harry suggested a visit to Hagrid, but once they were outside and in a playful snow fight, they fell into a happy conversation and all thoughts of Hagrid were forgotten.

“Then, Remus told Fred and George that if they ever tried to prank Tonks again, he’d prove who the mastermind of the Marauders truly was.” Harry said laughingly.

Susan seemed to enjoy hearing Harry’s stories and because they were good friends, Harry could tell that there was something bothering her.

“So, Susan,” Harry began, “When are you going to tell me what’s bothering you?”

“Oh, Harry!” Susan exclaimed, “I’ve made such a mess of things. Draco has made such an incredible recovery. He still can’t move his arm, but his spirits have improved greatly. He even gave me a Christmas present. Anyhow, I had actually let myself think that we were friends, and today he tells me that regardless of whether or not he wants to go to battle, the Dark Lord has found a way for him to be present at the final battle. He told me because he is afraid and I know he doesn’t want to go against his family, but what choice does he have? He either dies on the battlefield or dies for not going to battle. I’m just so frightened for him.”

Harry listened to her and exhaled heavily as she began to cry. He wrapped a strong arm around her and held her close until she quieted down a bit.

“Well, the first thing I’m going to do is to talk to him. I may not like him very much, but he is getting information and I need to know exactly what he is doing. Secondly, you shouldn’t have to carry this burden by yourself. Let Hermione care for him for a few days; we all know that after an hour or two under Hermione’s watchful eye, Draco Malfoy will be begging for you to cater to him again. And last but not least, we need to tell Ron and Remus. Whatever means he has for getting out of Hogwarts, could also be a means for imprisoned Death Eaters to get out,” Harry explained carefully.

“I suppose you’re right. I had hoped that he would turn out to be good, but I guess he is nothing more than another Death Eater,” Susan replied sadly.

Harry braced her arms and said in a rant, “Susan, don’t lose faith. Mad-Eye said that you were the best influence Malfoy could have right now. We’re all scared and afraid to lose the ones we love. Look at how Neville keeps pushing Luna away. She nearly died but she is still by his side. Ron lost his father but Hermione hasn’t been out of his arms’ reach in months. Granted, those four are obscenely in love with each other…” he trailed off.

“Well, Harry,” she began, “we mustn’t forget you and your lovely Ginny. You may think that you are perfectly happy for Ginny and Colin, but I saw the way you reached out for her hand when she was talking about the battle. She wants to fight with you, but instead she has to fight against you. Like you said about Neville, you keep pushing Ginny away but she is still by your side. Have you ever asked Ginny what she wants? You do realize that even though she is no longer the girlfriend of ‘The Boy Who Lived’, she is still a target. She doesn’t want to be with ‘The Boy Who Lived’ she wants to be with Harry.”

Susan smiled as Harry kicked lightly at the ground for a moment.

“She is happy with Colin,” Harry whispered. “I may realize now that I want her back, but I won’t take away the reason for her happiness. Not if it means that all we would have together is a war.”

Susan nodded silently in understanding. She clasped Harry’s hands in hers and raised herself up to place a chaste kiss on his lips. Quietly, they both headed back up to the castle, completely unaware of the small audience they had attracted.

Meanwhile, a petite woman sauntered up the walkway to Hogwarts. Her feminine frame hidden under her cloak, she wound her way through the halls in search of one of the mischievous Weasleys. Fleur had sent Verity to Hogwarts with questions about the store. Thanks to Fleur and Verity, Weasleys Wizards Wheezes would be ready to open in just a few weeks. Fleur usually came to Hogwarts, but today Verity had volunteered.

Verity decided that it was time to see for herself what Fred and George were playing at. After a brief search about the castle, she traipsed off towards the Quidditch pitch. While there were no matches this year, Peeves had told her that the twin caretakers were likely improving the locker rooms and broom shed. Finally, she caught up with them outside of the broom shed.

“Verity!” Fred exclaimed as he jumped towards her. “What is our faithful shop keep doing here this chilly afternoon?”

She violently pushed a parchment into Fred’s hand before saying, “Fleur sent me. You two haven’t answered our owls, so I brought the questions here. You can owl them back.” Verity had a very soft voice, but neither twin expected to hear her speak with such distain and malice.

They watched her turn hastily on her heel and march towards the gate. Fred looked at George. George was staring a hole into the back of Verity’s head. Before Fred could question the odd exchange between Verity and his twin, George jumped into a sprint after her. Curiosity fuelled Fred to follow and soon he was enjoying a heated argument that made no sense whatsoever to him.

George grabbed Verity and they began yelling at a furious pace. Their faces were lit only by the soft glow of Hogwarts and its reflection on the lake. The frigid water clearly demonstrated their visages when George pulled Verity to him. He tried to embrace her and whisper a tempered apology, but she heaved herself away from him.

Fred, finally understanding their bizarre actions, did what he thought was best. He waved his wand and conjured a thick bean bag chair and watched them with rapture. He looked around for a moment and conjured a bag of popcorn and a butterbeer before losing himself in their affair.

“I was terrified, George,” Verity shrieked. “You sent me away from the store. You knew I went to get Fred from Lee’s. You had to have known that I would come back. I saw you! Do you know what it did to me to see you like that? Do you know that I cried for days when they took you away, and then I cried for days out of pure joy when Fleur told me you had recovered? I sent you an owl, but you never responded. I waited at the park for five hours hoping you would remember, but you never came. And finally, I come tonight to see you and all you can do is stare at me. Just let go, George!” she screeched as he pulled her against him again.

“I’m sorry, Verity, I really am! I’ve been a daft prick, I grant you, but I didn’t know what to do,” George hissed as she wrenched her hand out of his grasp again. “The Death Eaters came after me. Now you understand one of the reasons I wanted to keep us quiet. The other obvious reason was that nitwit!” George bellowed as he jerked his thumb at his twin.

Fred had the decency to feign shock and pain before a stupid grin appeared on his face. As they recommenced their argument, Fred shook his head of his thoughts and returned to his popcorn.

“Verity, please, I was scared. I didn’t know what would happen if I saw you again. I love you, you know that, but I literally put you in the path of Death Eaters! I couldn’t face you again. I couldn’t ask you to stay with me, when I know they’ll come after me again.” George’s shoulders slumped heavily as he reached out one last time and pulled her hand into his.

“You never said it,” she whispered to him.

“But you knew,” he answered back.

“I love you, too,” Verity said as she stopped pushing away and looked into his eyes.

“I’m sorry,” George gasped as he bowed his tall frame and pulled her into a kiss.

Fred realized that Verity and his twin had completely forgotten him and did what he knew George would do to him if the situation had been reversed. He melted what little ice there was on the lake and levitated them in. Freezing, sputtering, and cursing his name, the couple clambered out of the frigid water, and the three made their way back up to the castle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry dragged himself into the Founder’s Suite. He was dreading having to deal with Ginny. The moment he stepped through the painting, he saw her. She looked like a goddess. Light poured into the room and danced on her hair. His mouth dry, he nodded his hello to Mr. Ollivander.

“Well, children, I can not stay long today. In fact, I really should be going already, but today you need to work on Legilimency. In order for you to be able to feel what it is like for someone to penetrate your mind, you must be able to understand the attack. You will attack one another. First, do not try and fight, then bring forth your image of strength, and let that image fight down your attacker. Now begin to meditate on your being of strength. When you have finished with this exercise, focus your energy on putting that image to rest and allow one another into your minds. The spell is Legilimens!

Harry and Ginny stared determinedly away from one another as Mr. Ollivander abandoned them to their task. They were only brought out of their reveries when Godric began making kissing noises at Ginny. She smiled weakly at him before turning to Harry. Her sad eyes spoke volumes and she walked up to Slytherin’s portrait.

“Potential is nothing, unless you do something about it.” Ginny stated clearly.

“You are quite right, my dear.” Salazar acknowledged and smiled at her.

“Ginny,” Harry started, but she raised a hand to stop him.

Her heavy voice asked, “Could I just have another riddle please?”

Harry felt his heart tear a little at her stress, but knew better than to push her. His eyes looked to Godric for support, but Godric was only a painting.

“Wouldn’t you like a reward first, Ginny?” Helga offered, clearly trying to brighten Ginny’s mood.

“Your lessons are their own rewards,” Ginny whispered.

“Then I ask you and Harry, how do you define courage?” Godric said, his ever present smile waning under her sadness.

Ginny turned back to Harry. A lone tear escaped from her eye and he fought the urge to pull her to him and kiss away the pain.

“Harry,” she said, her voice cracking a little, “I want you to try and invade my mind first. The first time, I will keep my defences down. Then, we will try again and I will bring forth my image of strength. Can we just try it and get it over with?”

Harry nodded dumbly, raised his wand and cast the spell.

He saw her kissing Percy and punching him the night of Bill’s wedding. Harry saw her hold up a lacy teddy and Tonks laugh, and then he saw himself and Susan. They were kissing sweetly, only hours before. The next image came fast and Harry was leaning over her body as she woke up in the Chamber of Secrets. Then he saw her flying at break-neck speeds in the dead of night. She couldn’t be more than nine years old. Harry pulled out of her mind just in time to see another few tears leap from her eyes.

She quickly wiped them away and asked him to try again.

This time he saw himself. He was pouring over a book in the library. At first he thought it was a memory and that her image hadn’t come forth, but then he realized that he was her image of strength. He withdrew from her mind and she walked to the window, gazing out into the expanse of the grounds. After a moment, she collected herself. Harry tried to look at her, but it hurt. She barely whispered a warning before she invaded his mind.

Harry felt the familiar feeling of dizziness as he watched his memories slide past him. He saw his Uncle Vernon scratching at the door to let Greyback and Bellatrix into number four. He saw the Quidditch victory party where he leapt at Ginny and kissed her. Then he saw the Awakening. Next, came the image of her, hardened and lost, at Arthur’s funeral and lastly the image of their break up at Dumbledore’s funeral.

She pulled away from his mind and gave him a few moments to collect his focus and focus on his image of strength. Finally, he turned to her and indicated that he was ready and she forced her way into his mind again.

He saw and felt her invade. At first, it was like a dull ache on his sinuses, but then he could see her image. He put his idea of Molly Weasley forth. She now looked considerably less like Molly and much more like his mother. She was slender and curvy, but she didn’t have her trademark eyes. The fire red hair was pulled back away from her face and she stared Ginny down, much like a tiger stalking its prey. Harry saw Ginny smile a little grin before she pulled away.

“Goodnight, Harry,” she hissed as she grabbed her bag and moved for the door.

“Ginny wait!” he exclaimed begging for just a few minutes more with her. “I know the answer to Godric’s riddle!”

Frantically, he began to try and find the perfect example of courage. He was desperate to see her smile, but she looked so sad. He saw the way her eyes lit up for a brief moment before her solemnity returned.

“Well, Harry?” she asked anxiously.

“Erm,” Harry stalled. “Well, when I was in my first year, Neville stood up to Ron, Hermione, and me. He said we shouldn’t sneak out. He didn’t know we were going to stop Quirrell from getting the Stone, but Dumbledore said that it is much harder to stand up to your friends than it is your enemies.”

He didn’t realize that he sounded completely unsure of himself until he finished speaking. Godric raised an eyebrow at him and Ginny smiled a weak smile before she cast her eyes to the ground and shook her head.

“Let me give it a try,” Ginny said sardonically. “I know this wonderful boy. I can’t even fathom what he means to me. But because he thinks that being with me could somehow hurt me or put me in danger, he refuses to do what would make us both happy. He chose to do what was right, instead of what was easy. It was the right thing to do back then, but now the situation is so different…Courage is making the conscious choice to do the right thing, instead of doing the easy thing.”

Just before she pushed out of the room, Harry heard Godric say that she was right. But of course Ginny was right. Everything about Ginny was right and everything Harry did suddenly felt completely wrong.

Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear