Search:

SIYE Time:10:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 114016; Chapter Total: 6804







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Two
The Happiest Man in the World

“HARRY!!!”

Several faces all bellowed at him as they landed. Hermione ran to his side, squeezed his arm and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Mr. Weasley shook his hand furiously while Mrs. Weasley had planted herself on his other arm and was trying to flatten his hair. Tonks waved from across the table but disappeared with Lupin out the back door. Bill inched over to Fleur, threw her into a large dip and planted a rather hideous kiss on her lips. He winked at Harry while Ginny was trying not to gag next to Fred and George. The twins were conspiring with each other. Harry hadn’t time to react before he was hit with two identical jets of orange light.

The whole room burst out laughing, including Harry. Out of the corner of his eye he could see flaming red pigtails that were affixed to his head. He ran to the hallway mirror to see his new features. He looked good, as a read head, just like a Weasley, except the pretty pink bows at the end of his braids was a little effeminate for his tastes. Mr. Weasley was chuckling to himself while Mrs. Weasley was trying very hard to stare the twins to death.

“He hasn’t been here more than five minutes!” she bellowed.

“We just wanted to make him feel part of the family, Mum,” George answered with a maniacal grin.

Fred opted out and gave his mother a quick peck on the cheek. He knew she wasn’t really mad at them. Ron came bumbling down the stairs with a towel on his head.

“Harry! Glad you’re here mate. Just got out of the shower, is lunch ready?” he said in one breath.

“Lunch will be ready in a minute. Ron, help him get settled and that hair fixed,” Mrs. Weasley beckoned from across the room.

“We need to be getting back to headquarters dear, I’ll see you later tonight,” Mr. Weasley pulled his wife into a kiss and Disapparated.

“Good to see you Harry. We will be back for dinner,” Lupin and Tonks patted him on the back before disappearing like Mr. Weasley.

“Alright, Fred and George, please finish the decorations outside. Ginny help me get ready will you? Fleur, can you get Hermione settled in Ginny’s room?” Mrs. Weasley asked without looking at her kids.

The girls jumped to their feet and bustled about as ordered. The twins grimaced but obeyed. Bill kissed Fleur, whispered something about ‘honeymoons’, and Disapparated. With a great blush Fleur spoke to Harry.

“It is so good to ‘ave you ‘ere, ‘Arry. We vanted you to come very badly. My family vill be ‘ere tomorrow ant zey are looking forward to seeing you. Gabrielle vould like to see you again, azvell.” Her English had improved very much but Harry caught Ginny rolling her eyes behind Fleur’s back.

“Thank you for inviting me, I think I should get settled, Ron?” he said as he leapt upstairs.

“How do I get these things off?” He glared at Ron who was right behind him; Harry pointed to his pigtails.

“Say ‘I solemnly swear I don’t want red hair!” Ron snickered as Harry repeated, and the hair fell off.

“I’m sure you are looking forward to getting away from those two this summer,” Harry joked.

“You have no idea. I know you don’t know everything of what we’re doing, neither do we, but Lupin said that he would be escorting us and that he will explain everything at Privet Drive after the wedding. The wedding is going to be great. The day after we go back with you then two days later we are heading out to Godric’s Hollow. I think we are going to have some kind of guard but I’m not exactly sure who is coming yet.” Ron had anticipated Harry’s questions.

Hermione had been planning most of what they were going to do this summer. Harry had said he wanted to visit his parents’ graves and the place where they were attacked.

“Neville and his grandmother are coming to the wedding, along with Luna. Luna said she can come, but Ginny decided she wanted to stay here with Mum. Mum wasn’t too happy when she found out we weren’t planning on returning, but Dad said it was our choice. He was disappointed too. I think Ginny just wants to be here for them because everyone else will be gone. Charlie has to go back to Romania the same day we leave for your Aunt’s, and with Fred and George not living here anymore, she doesn’t want them to be alone,” Harry listened to his rambling friend.

“Is Percy coming to the wedding?” Harry asked with great caution.

“Mum sent him the invite but no response. We don’t know. Part of me wants him back even though he is the greatest prat on Earth, but the other part doesn’t want a huge family row on Bill and Fleur’s wedding day,” Ron shrugged and stared at his hands.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Lunch was fantastic. Everyone was lively and excited about the wedding. Fleur looked distracted but happy making last minute plans. Hermione and Ginny were deep in conversation, while Fred and George were plotting a prank on Bill. Ron struck up a game of chess with the soon to be victim, Bill. Harry watched the cheery room and was lost in his reverie.

“You are always welcome here, Harry,” Mrs. Weasley always seemed so much like a mother to him.

“Thank you, you all make it so wonderful, I think I should never wish to leave it,” he whispered to her.

“Even without red hair you will always be like a son to me,” she whispered back, as she gave him a deep hug.

She sidled back around the table, where she started questioning Hermione about her parents. Ginny caught Harry’s eye; she was staring into him. They hadn’t had a chance to speak since they broke up. Harry got the hint.

“I didn’t get much sleep last night, I think I will catch a nap before dinner,” he called to Ron who was watching his knight attack Bill’s bishop. He stretched and smiled at Hermione and Mrs. Weasley and walked upstairs to wait.

When he got to Ron’s room he realized Hedwig was perched on the windowsill waiting with a letter. She fluttered to him and he removed Neville’s response.


Dear Harry,
Thanks for the invite. Gran says its fine if I come with you. I’m rather looking forward to it. I think I will see you at the wedding in a few days. I hope you have been having a good summer!
See you soon,
Neville

“Hem, Hem!” Ginny did the best impression of Professor Umbridge. She smiled when Harry jumped.

“Hey, Ginny,” Harry tried to look cool even though he was quite nervous. “Did you want to talk to me?”

“Yes, I just wanted to say ‘Hi’, and welcome back and all. We are still friends and I’m still here for you, you know all that stuff.” She smiled at him as she came closer to him.

“I am really glad I am not coming back this year, I don’t think I could take it,” he whispered to himself but letting her hear as he pulled her into a one armed hug.

“What?”

“I know we can’t be together right now because, well everything, but if I had to go through this year having to see you everyday…It would drive me mad.” He never had any intention of telling her how he was feeling, but his heart was in control of his mouth at the moment.

“I miss you too, sometimes. I am still here though. When you need me…” she couldn’t finish. She just reached up and kissed him. It could have lasted days but it was still to short. She ran out of the room, the door slamming behind her.

The wedding day arrived. It was amazing. Harry had never been to a magical wedding before. The Weasleys’ had decorated their garden to have fairies shining over the guests while the most beautiful flowers had erupted. Professor Sprout and Neville had done some quick work to enchant some of the roses and lilies to erupt in color. Harry and Neville realized that they weren’t going to get much time to speak to each other, so they decided to talk when Neville met up with him on Privet Drive. Ginny and Gabrielle were the only bridesmaids. They looked lovely with their hair swept up into lovely curls and pinned strategically around their heads. They were wearing soft blue robes that shimmered slightly in the light. Mr. Weasley was to officiate the ceremony.

Music started up from somewhere. The Weasley men, minus Percy, trudged up the aisle. Charlie and the twins swayed ever so slightly. Harry and Ron had not drunk as the older boys the night before but they had been going past three. That Firewhisky was intense to say the least. Harry pointed this out to Hermione who was sitting next to him. She only rolled her eyes and smiled. He was sitting next to Mrs. Weasley. Neville and Luna were sitting a few seats back next to Lupin and Tonks. Tonks was crying sweetly each tear a different color, while Lupin tried not to laugh at her rainbow face.

Gabrielle slowly glided down the aisle, followed by Ginny. Fleur was carrying a huge bouquet of starburst lilies. Her gown was long and flowing and had the very softest tint of pink in it. She wore her hair down and a small silver chain adorned her head like a crown. Her beauty was simple but stunning. Harry heard Bill’s sharp intake of breath and watched Mr. Weasley beam at his new daughter in law. Mrs. Weasley clamped onto Harry’s hand as Fleur walked by on her father’s arm. Harry smiled at Ron who was rolling his eyes at his mother.

“Presently our world has little to celebrate. Today we stand before these two people who commit themselves to each other despite war, poverty, and death. We can only pray that their united future will bring them joy and peace,” Mr. Weasley began.

“William, before you stands a woman who values the man you are the very soul within you. She has strength and fire in her small frame. Lean on her, as she is there to support you, as you are there to support her. Her beauty represents the love she has for you. It grows more powerful with you in every breath she takes.”

Fleur’s eyes watered noticeably at the compliment.

“Fleur, before you stands a man who respects the woman you are. He fights and strives to be a good man for you, because of you. He will always be there to remind you of the goodness in your life. Play and laugh with him, do not let dark times shadow the happiness you both deserve. His passion will always demonstrate his desire to please you. It is a fire that can not be extinguished, even in death.”

Mrs. Weasley’s body was racked by silent sobs.

“State your vows.” Mr. Weasley cast his wand in a large circle around his son and daughter…

“I will hold and honor you all the days of my life. You love me for everything that I am and nothing I am not. My love can never yield as long as you are my wife.” Bill’s voice was cracking.

Gabrielle and Ginny were crying together and passing a handkerchief back and forth.

“I shall love and vant you for as long as zere is a breath vithin me. I promise to need your love and zupport. You vill have my ‘eart until ve are parted by death.” Tears stained Fleur’s face but she only looked more radiant.

Mr. Weasley’s spell cast a large circle around his children and the couple was drowned in beautiful golden light. Rings magically appeared on their fingers as they leaned in for a very tender kiss.

The ceremony had ended and the reception began. Music flowed through the garden. Friends and family danced and ate. Bill and Fleur never let go of each other’s hand. They danced and laughed. Just after they had cut the cake everyone got a huge surprise. Percy had arrived with Cho Chang on his arm. He did not speak to anyone. He walked with Cho to congratulate his brother.

“I wish you both the very best,” he said looking at Fleur. She could not be mad at him (or anyone else for that matter) on her wedding day.

“Zank you, Perzy. I know ve vill learn to be goot friendz,” she smiled as she pulled Percy into a quick squeeze.

Bill only nodded at his brother, but smiled briefly at Cho. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley decided not to do anything about Percy or Cho but rather to make sure that no one (i.e. the twins) did anything to them. They did not want a battle to erupt on such a happy day. Ron looked positively livid at seeing Percy again but Hermione dragged him to the dance floor. One crisis averted. Ginny looked as though she might rip out Percy’s heart with her bare hands, but only asked her father to dance. Percy’s days were numbered.

Harry tried to get Ginny in a dance but she had too many brothers. Fred and George seemed quite distracted about something. They kept checking their watches. Around ten that night the twins made a huge scene about how the bride and groom had to get off to their honeymoon. Bill and Fleur didn’t need much convincing. They ran up to the house to change and get their luggage. The guests had dwindled away and when the newlyweds left at a quarter to eleven, only the Wealseys, Lupin, Tonks, Cho, Harry and Hermione remained.

“EVERYONE!!” the twins screamed, “Into the living room.”

“What’s going on?” Harry asked.

“Oh, you’ll see.” Ginny grinned at him.

“We have about three minutes wait.” George said.

“Someone tell me what is going on.” Hermione demanded.

“Wedding night prank is a tradition. That’s why Mum and Dad eloped. It is also a tradition for the newlyweds to send a howler.” He laughed with anticipation.

“What did you do?!” Harry chuckled.

“Just be patient dear,” Mrs. Weasley cooed.

The fireplace suddenly burst in bright green flames as they howler was tossed into the room. It exploded before any of them could reach it.

“YOU VANISHED OUR CLOTHES!!! THANK GOD I WENT FIRST BECAUSE FLEUR LOOKED READY TO SCREAM WHEN I WAS CHECKING US INTO THE INN AND MY SHIRT SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED! I WAS LEFT WITH ONLY MY BOXERS AS I SPRINTED TO OUR ROOM!

‘OOEVER CHANGED OUT MY CLOTHES FOR THOSE TEDDIES, GINNY I KNOW IT VAS YOU, IS GOING TO REGRET IT!

I AM GOING TO KILL WHOEVER PUT THE PERMANENT STICKING CHARM ON MY UNDERWEAR!

ANT I VILL BE KILLING VICHEVER IN LAW PUT THE AMORUS POTION IN BILL’S DRINK! I ‘AD TO PUT ‘IM IN A FULL BOTY BIND IN ORDER TO ZEND ZIS TO YOU!”

With that the howler burst into flames as the whole group was crying from laughing so hard.

“Ginny! Did you really sneak those teddies into her luggage?” Hermione looked scandalized.

“Tonks helped me pick them out!” She screeched as her brothers howled.

“Who did the charm on his shorts?” Charlie was wiping away tears, “That was classic!”

“Thank you, son, not that I condone such behavior I’m just anxious for grandkids,” Mr. Weasley confessed as everyone else roared.

“We put the timed vanishing charm on their clothes, who did the potion?” Fred croaked.

“That would be me,” Mrs. Weasley beamed at her children.

“She sounded ready to slaughter…” Harry trailed off.

“Not to worry, she won’t try it,” Mrs. Weasley whispered with a devilish grin.

“She just might try it, dear,” Mr. Weasley chuckled.

“Not if she wants me to babysit,” Mrs. Weasley snarled, as Fred jumped up and kissed his mother loudly on the cheek.

“It seems Ron and Charlie are the only decent ones!” Hermione exclaimed with a huge smile.

“Don’t bet on it, we found out where they’re staying and put a curse on the bed. Once they get in they can’t get out for twenty-four hours unless they figure out the password.”

“What’s the password?” Harry was afraid to ask, but had to know.

“’Our first born will be named Ronald Charles Weasley!’ And they have to say it together!” Ron supplied.

Hermione smacked him on the arm, but they all laughed again.

“Dora and I have to be going. Thanks for having us. See you soon!” Lupin’s face what bright from laughing so hard.

“When your older, remind me to tell you what Padfoot and I did you your folks on their wedding night,” he said as he shook Harry’s hand with a devilish smile.

Tonks hugged Ginny and waved goodbye. The two Disapparated leaving Harry and Hermione with a bunch of crazing redheads.

“Mother, father, we should…” Percy started as if to be making an exit with Cho.

“Why are you here, Percy? What you just waltz back in here so that you can look good for pictures just to keep treating us like scum!?” Ron spat distainfully, and jumped to his feet. Hermione grabbed him by the arm and clasped his hand.

“No, I want to make things better, I’m sorry I know we need to take this slowly. I just wanted to be here today.”

“Son, you don’t realize how much you hurt us…all of us. You can not just act like you are here to make it better and expect us to follow suit,” Mr. Weasley whispered, but did not disrespect Percy.

Charlie, Fred and George were standing next to Ron with death stares aimed at Percy. Mrs. Weasley slid her hand back into Harry’s hand.

“You will always be welcome son, but we will need time. We all have to learn to forgive you.” She spoke with great dignity in her voice.

Ginny sidled up to Cho and surprised everyone when she hugged her.

“Thank you for coming, it meant a lot to Bill and Fleur,” she spoke without blushing. Cho hugged her back and Ginny turned her to back her away from Percy.

Ginny was inching Percy up against a wall. He looked terrified. She suddenly raised her arms, he flinched (which caused her to smile), and she gave him a hug too. The whole room was silent as they watched her push his bangs back, take off his glasses, and pull his face down so she could kiss his cheek. He smiled weakly at her just as she hauled back and punched him square on the face. His head bounced off the wall because of the force she threw with her fist. Harry and Hermione stood in amazement as Ginny stepped away her fallen brother and walked into the kitchen. Fred and George laughed as they helped Percy up, and Mrs. Weasley apologized to Cho. Harry closed his hanging jaw and chased after Ginny.

“I should have seen that coming,” Percy whimpered. It seemed that the healing process had begun.

She was standing with her hand in the icebox. She was leaning her face into her other hand and was crying. Harry slowly walked up behind her, put his hands on her shoulders and turned her to face him. Her face was bright red and had tearstains pouring down her cheeks.

“Oh, Harry, I’m sorry you saw that,” she gasped.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he never had a chance to tell her that earlier.

He kissed her forehead and pulled her hair away, as it was clinging to her face. He got towel from the table and wrapped some ice for her hand. They could hear energetic chatter from the other room. Harry pulled her wounded paw toward him and dressed the swollen knuckles.

“You are the best friend a girl could hope for, Harry Potter,” she whispered.

“Ginny! As much as I hate to admit it, you are my daughter,” Mrs. Weasley chimed from the end of the table.

She came around and inspected the injury. With a quick kiss and a wave of her wand Ginny’s hand was healed.

“Sorry Mum, I think I’m gonna go to bed now.”

“I love you, but if Percy asks tell him I yelled at you really bad after he left.” Mrs. Weasley kissed her daughter and ruffled Harry’s hair and left the room. Ginny smiled weakly again and silently went to bed.

That was the day that Harry Potter realized he was in love with Ginny Weasley.

A/N I am transfering this from Mugglenet and am busy with midterms so it might take a bit to get the thing up! Please Review
Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear