Search:

SIYE Time:14:05 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 114020; Chapter Total: 5090





Author's Notes:
Chapter 12 was deleted on accident. Chapter 13 will be up shortly. PLEASE REVIEW!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Twelve
The Second

The meeting progressed into the long into the night. Though McGonagall’s office had been magically enlarged, it still seemed somewhat cramped with all the members of the Order present. Plans were being made to induct several new members as well. Krum was not a member yet but everyone accepted that he would be invited to the next meeting. While Remus explained the attack that took place at Tatiana’s wedding, Ron paid diligent attention and followed every direction that Remus gave; he even went so far as to scratch out a few notes for himself.

Harry could not bear to look at Mrs. Weasley. He had deliberately suggested Ron to be Remus’ second. Remus asked Harry who he would choose to be his second, who would Harry ask to be his right hand in any difficult situation? There really wasn’t much question of the matter, but though he was young and relatively inexperienced in comparison to some, the Order accepted that Ron would be the leader of the Order when Remus was out because of the full moon or as the result of his death. After Ron, Harry and Hermione were officially inducted into the Order, Remus called for new business.

“I know I am not the most welcomed member right now,” Percy began, ignoring the twins’ snickers, “but I know for a fact that the Floo Network into and out of Hogwarts is being very carefully monitored. The Minister is very interested in the legacy of Professor Dumbledore, which means he wants to know about all of this,” he gestured to make his point.

“Now, I have explained that reason why there are so many visitors tonight is because several parents have come tonight to discuss safety concerns. He can not tell who came into the school, but he will know who you are if you leave. I would recommend not Flooing into or from the school any longer. After the meeting, we need to leave through the gates and it would be best to Apparate.” Many people looked surprised by this information, but for the most part, everyone just nodded.

“Thank you, Percy. That is important to know. Tonight’s meeting is here, specifically because we needed to induct Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Now that they are, we will establish a Portkey for them.” Remus responded rhetorically.

“I have a request,” Harry began somewhat nervously as the crowd’s attention shifted, “It has come to my attention that Ginny Weasley has come into some vital information. I need her protected at all costs. Those of you who know her, are aware that this is no easy task. I can’t divulge what that information is, but should anything happen to Ron, Hermione, or myself, I ask that you all guard her with your lives.”

“If her information is valuable, she should share it! Should she be inducted into the Order?” Percy asked loudly.

“The crux of that matter is that I was already aware of what she knows. This information was shared with me by Dumbledore last year; at his request it is to remain private. It is not a problem that she knows about these matters, but her loss could be as fatal to our organization as Dumbledore or me. As to your second question, I don’t believe we should induct her at this time, but she should be allowed in as the final battle draws near.” Harry finished putting an end to the conversation.

He was pleased to see his summer companions pick up on his intended pun. It told them what they needed to know, without divulging the secret of the Horcruxes. As he saw Hermione dive deep into thought, the twins stood up.

“Remus, we recommend,” Fred began.

“That Ginny be informed she is being protected.” George finished.

“If we don’t the consequences,” Fred continued.

“Would be dangerous.” George said, adding a dramatic theatrical shudder.

The twins’ voices bounced between their bodies as they finished each other’s sentences. A few members chuckled at their request.

“What’s the matter boys, scared of your baby sister?” A man Harry didn’t know asked with a self-righteous attitude.

“Damn right!” four voices answered.

This time instead of the twins voicing their opinion unanimously, Bill and Percy joined in as they looked at the poor fellow. Ron nodded vigorously in agreement with his brothers. Bill turned to look at the man.

“Jack, have you ever seen our mother in a battle?” Molly blushed as she watched her sons violently explain her fury with much swishing of wands and mimicked looks of rage.

“We mean; have you seen her when she was really mad, not about the mayhem the twins pull, but really furious?” Percy asked bravely as he waved a hand to his mother in reference.

Jack nodded. His eyes clouded as he remembered something, a hint of fear coming into them, and more than one person saw him shudder visibly.

“Give that PMS and you know what it was like to grow up with Ginny in the house. She needs to know if she is being watched or else her guard is likely to have severe spell damage.” George supplied.

Several Order members burst into heavy laughter as they noted the seriousness of the boys tone. It was hard to imagine a miniature Molly Weasley; much less any one who could make the entire brood of Weasley boys quake with fear. Changing subjects gracefully, Ron clapped everyone’s attention back to the front where he handed Remus a note.

“Apparently the second in command believes it would be wise to invite those seventh-years students who are participating in the work study to join the Order as well as Luna Lovegood. Harry explained that we should admit Ginny when the final battle draws near, but the others could be put to good use now.” Remus read to the audience.

“He says that they are all trustworthy and that he, Hermione, and Harry can personally attest to their strength and dedication to Dumbledore’s ideals,” Remus continued smiling at this thought.

“Ron believes that should there ever be another attack at or on Hogwarts, they would be the first line of defense, along with the teachers, thus giving the other adult members time to get here and aid in the battle. I don’t know these students as well as the three already here; what do you say Minerva?” He said as he looked up from Ron’s note.

“I don’t know if I would make them full-fledged members, rather I would keep them generally informed as to the Death Eater activity and ask them if we can count on their participation should the need arise. If we try it my way, I think we will see which students are the most reliable, and the ones who are not of the maturity level to join the Order just yet. We have already seen that Voldemort is using our students against us, this would combat his efforts and give us more support among the students.” The Headmistress articulated thoughtfully.

There was a general murmuring of agreement to McGonagall’s provisions as the Order took in Ron’s suggestion. He blushed when Remus thanked him for the idea and asked him to take up the task of inviting those students to a preliminary meeting next week.

At length the meeting ended and people filtered out of the headmistress’s office. Kingsley and Dora stayed a few minutes to chat about Ginny, but Harry refused to tell them how she came by the information of the Horcruxes. He knew they would not appreciate Hermione’s slip, but Harry also knew that Hermione had already deduced how Ginny came about the information and would not repeat her mistake.

Ron paled as his mother approached him. She still looked quite upset but there was a shine that was returning to her yet mournful eyes. Purely out of habit, she drew her hand up to his forehead and brushed some of his red fray back upon his brow.

“He would be so proud of you right now. I love you, my son. Take care and be safe.” Harry heard her mutter to Ron as he bent down to kiss her on the top of the head.

Molly then grabbed Hermione’s hand, which was unconsciously threaded through the crook of Ron’s elbow, and walked her down the steps of McGonagall’s office. Ron let a queer smile graze his lips as he stuffed his newly free hand into his pocket and watched his two favorite women descend the stairs.

His mum was as intimidating as ever, but looked older and more tired than he remembered. She wasn’t sleeping, he could tell. Hermione had wrestled her feral hair into a tight twist at the crown of her head. He could see that she had tangled her wand into it for support.

Hermione and Molly whispered something to each other before Molly kissed her on the cheek and hugged her tightly. She also hugged Harry quickly before she began to follow Dora and Remus out of the castle.

Harry and Ron watched the two women bicker about what Remus should do to his hair for a while from behind until the students had to turn in the opposite direction to get to Gryffindor Tower. When they were well out of ear shot Ron reached out and grabbed Hermione’s shoulder. She had been walking slightly ahead of them and had let her hair fall about her face, masking herself from the boys. With one look, Ron saw she was on the verge of tears and stopped her dead in her tracks.

“Ron, I’m sorry. Your mother just said something very sweet to me and it reminded me of something your father once said, I guess the emotions got the best of me.”

Harry quickly realized that he was going to be needed as far away from his two best friends as possible. He murmured something about informing Ginny she was going to have a guard and left his two friends to each other.

They gazed at his back for a moment as he left them before Ron turned her chin so that she was looking him directly in the eye.

“The summer after our third year, just before we all went to the Quidditch Cup, you and I had a brilliant feud. Your father heard us. I stormed out of the house and went into the garden to fume. He came out practically crying from laughter. From what I understand, we reminded him a lot of himself and your mum when they were at Hogwarts. He said that since we fought like we were married, he was going to pretend I was his daughter in law. He never did it in front of you or your brothers but he would always slip a note or something into a letter or care package your mum sent to me. He said he wanted to welcome me into the family.” Hermione rolled her eyes and smiled slightly at the memory.

Ron looked at her for a moment, waiting for her to continue, before growing impatient and tapping her. She gave another brief smile.

“Then tonight,” she continued at Ron’s prompt, “as she was leaving, your mother said that she was thankful for everything and that she saw me being as much of a daughter as Ginny. I don’t feel like I should be thanked! I love your family! They have always made me feel like I belong, especially since I was a Muggleborn and didn’t know what was typical in the wizard’s world. I have been writing to your mum since the summer ended. I knew you and Ginny haven’t been as good at it as you have in times past.” Hermione saw a pang of guilt streak across his concerned face and she patted his hand gently, “She said that it has helped her keep her mind off of everything. I didn’t think it was that important, but she made me feel so special. Oh, I’m rambling and a mess!” she finally exclaimed as she tried to wipe away her tears with her sleeve as she braved a look at Ron.

Ron stared at Hermione in a way she had never seen before. She saw gratitude and vulnerability. He reached out a long thumb to push the tears out from her face. He smiled softly as she affectionately leaned against his hand and he could feel her face heat slightly at his touch. He let his fingers drift to the nape of her neck and he tenderly kissed her forehead. Hermione slipped her arms around his waist for a gentle embrace before they both softly pulled away. Though he could vocalize nothing, volumes were said when they languidly strolled back to Gryffindor Tower, each with an arm about the other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They both blushed slightly as they approached the Fat Lady to find that Harry was waiting for them. Hermione squeaked out something about having to be in the Hospital Wing before breakfast, and Ron watched the painting snap shut before he turned his attentions to his best friend.

Ron wore a look that screamed false innocence. His ears were tainted bright pink, and despite his embarrassment, he looked utterly happy. Harry, on the other hand, observed the odd actions of his friends and made a mental note to figure out what was going on with those two, but chose not to address the issue at present.

“Ron, I know I didn’t get a chance to warn you, but are you all right with the fact that I advised Remus to choose you? I’m sorry if I got you into something you weren’t up to…” Harry trailed off.

Ron just patted his friend on his shoulder, with a light smile on his face, and led him through the portrait. Ron and Professor McGonagall had explained to the Fat Lady why he could not speak the password, so the Fat Lady and Ron worked out a signal to let her know he could go into the dormitory. As he neared her hidden passage, Ron winked his left eye, and she let the two friends into their common room. The room was lit in the soft basking glow of the red fire light. Their eyes slipped onto the plush sofa, where Colin had fallen asleep with Ginny leaning on his shoulder. Her face was relaxed as she quietly slept, for what looked like the first time in days.

Ron looked positively dangerous as he witnessed Colin slip his arm from the back of the sofa onto her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. Ron looked at Harry, and Harry looked at Ron as various murder scenarios played out behind Ron’s eyes. Finally, he sighed.

“Ron, if it was me on the couch with her, what would you do?” Harry asked quietly.

Ron shrugged and lowered his eyes to the floor.

“You want her to be happy right?” he asked again.

Ron nodded and trudged up the stairs. Harry waited for a moment before he stared at the sleeping couple again.

“Colin,” he whispered, barely audible, “I know you’re not asleep. I apologized to her. Thanks for taking care of her.”

Colin slid his left eye open for a brief second before Ginny nuzzled further into his chest. Harry summoned the blanket she and Hermione gave him for his birthday and draped it over her legs. He smiled when he saw Colin smirk slightly and headed up the stairs.

Harry found sleep quickly, but it wasn’t long before he realized he would like nothing more than to be awake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Well, hello Harry. I am sure you realize that you have not been seeing me in your dreams because I have put up my own defenses, but I thought tonight you and I should reconnect. How have you been? Still believe that you are going to defeat me, eh? Well I guess we shall have to see what you think after tomorrow.” Harry fell out of his bed clutching his scar. As Voldemort withdrew from his mind, Harry swore he heard a woman scream out.

Harry knew that he was being used as a pawn in some sick Death Eater game, and he tried to remember the details of the room he had witnessed. Voldemort had been in a house. It was someplace that Harry knew. Harry remembered seeing Voldemort’s reflection in the large picture window as they stared out onto the abandoned street. A street lamp was flickering several meters away from the intense magical output in the house. Wormtail had been sitting in a chair near his master’s. While Voldemort tortured Harry, Pettigrew had idly petted a white cat with his silver hand.

As the memory swam in Harry’s mind, he fought down the urge to retch. The overwhelming stench of the house still permeated Harry’s nostrils. Harry let himself wake up and breathe the cool crisp air of the castle. It was so contradictory to the sickening cabbage smell that wafted in his mind from the house Voldemort took him to. That cabbage smell…there was only one place Harry knew smelled like that.

He wasn’t sure how he managed to have Voldemort invade his dreams and not cry out and wake up his dorm mates, but he pushed that idea out of his head. Harry stretched to find his feet and fought to wake Ron. With great effort he forced his best friend out of his bed and down to the common room. Without speaking to Ron yet, he strode over to the couch where Ginny still slept next to Colin.

“Ginny, I need you to wake up.” Harry hissed almost painfully as he shook her shoulder forcefully.

“Harry, what is it?” she croaked.

“I need you to get Hermione for me, its urgent.” He whispered with intent.

She pushed back the blanket and hastily moved up the stairs. Moments later, Hermione came downstairs in a dressing gown.

“Harry, Ron, what’s going on?” she yawned.

Ron pinked a little, but shook his head and pointed to Harry.

“Voldemort has attacked Mrs. Figg. We need to inform McGonagall.” He raised his eyebrows indicating that he wanted to do something, but waited for Ginny to coax Colin to moving up to his own dorm before she ascended her own staircase. Harry suspected she might be eavesdropping, but wasn’t going to bother finding out.

“Hermione, can you please tell the McGonagall and also have her send Dora to check up on my Aunt Petunia. Ron, please tell Remus and whoever else you need to inform. He did this as a trap, don’t send anyone after her. I hate to act like she is already gone, but from where we stand, trying to save her would be a slaughter.”

He watched his best friends do as he asked. Hermione came back from the McGonagall’s saying that his family, for now, was safe and that he need not worry about them. Ron, on the other hand, quickly penned a letter to Remus. When he finished, he lightly tapped the parchment three times and it disappeared. Moments later another letter appeared in its place.

Ron,
We just learned about the attack as your letter arrived. McGonagall contacted Dora and when we have secured Mrs. Figg’s house, she will check on Petunia. I believe Harry was right and that this was an attempt to draw out Aurors and Order members. Tell him to keep his chin up and to take some Dreamless Sleep Potion. It is likely that if she is alive, they may torture her in an attempt to persuade Harry to come after her. Try and get him to rest.
-Remus


Despite their arguments, Harry refused the potion. He stubbornly declared that he simply would not sleep until they knew what had happened. Hermione and Ron had been good enough to wait with him, but Hermione finally fell asleep with Crookshanks in her lap on the sofa. Ron was quite alert for someone who desperately hated being drawn from his bed, perhaps it was his new responsibility in the Order. At near three o’clock in the morning, Hedwig softly floated down from the dormitory stairs with a note in her beak. The message was short and in McGonagall’s stern script.

Mr. Potter,
Bring the Weasleys and Miss Granger to the Hospital Wing.
M.M.


Although her handwriting was as recognizable as always, Ron and Harry could tell that the note had been written in haste.

Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear