Search:

SIYE Time:12:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Legend Of Infinity
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 268
Summary: So many tiny things can change the outcome of our futures. How much do we already know? How are Ginny and Lily so much alike? Surprise weddings, painful losses, and Ron without a voice, leaves the seventh year at Hogwarts to be the most interesting yet. Please review. We are nearing the end now, best review for the last two chaps gets a preview to the sequel! **NOW COMPLETE PLEASE REVIEW**
Hitcount: Story Total: 113668; Chapter Total: 8205







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter One
Back Where we Started

Harry Potter was trying to sleep in this morning; he wasn’t doing a very good job. He hadn’t been sleeping well. He knew that everything that had happened during his last year at Hogwarts was not his fault and that he had to move on, but that did not stop the nightmares that came to him. Still sleepy he rolled out of bed and shuffled his way to the kitchen. He was not skinny as he had been when his tale first began. Harry was tall and muscular and had the reputation at school as a very handsome boy not that he ever paid attention to such nonsense. The house was still and quiet. It was only 6:00 in the morning. He was hungry.

Harry lazily reached for the refrigerator door when he heard the stairs squeak behind him. His cousin, Dudley entered, looked surprised to see him. His cousin had undergone quite a change over the past year. He was still massive, indeed, but he had become more slender and muscular. He was no longer obese, rather just bulky.

“What are you doing up?” he asked without emotion.

“Couldn’t sleep, you?” Harry mimicked his tone.

“I go jogging with my girlfriend in the morning. When are you leaving?” Dudley questioned with a strange look on his face.

“Not exactly sure, but it shouldn’t be to long now. Since when do you care?” Harry looked irritated.

“Never said I did,” Dudley spat and walked away.

Harry helped himself to some toast and milk and headed back up to his room. His things would normally be sprawled out about his room but he was trying to keep his things packed away for when he had to leave. He had been at the Dursleys’ for nearly three weeks. Letters flew back and forth between himself and his friends. His owl was very busy these days. Hedwig was currently delivering a letter off to Neville Longbottom. Hermione had suggested that since neither she, Ron or Harry would be returning to Hogwarts this year, it might be nice if they invited him to join them this summer because he was a good friend of theirs. Hermione always was clever. Harry agreed and suggested that maybe Luna and Ginny would like to come too.

His heart still did little flips when he thought of Ginny. He still cared deeply for her but they both knew that they could not be together while Voldemort was still alive. They would both be so distracted by his presence that it would not be a very good relationship. Harry swore to himself that should he somehow defeat Voldemort and live to tell the tale he was going to take Ginny on the best date of her life. This thought kept him going whenever he got lonely or sad whilst thinking about how much he missed her. In his heart he knew that he was meant to be happy and that in order for that to happen he and Ginny would have to be together. Gazing out of his window he became lost in his own world with his own favorite redhead.

Harry did not know how long he stood there. He watched Dudley puff his way back up the street with his girlfriend. She had long blonde hair and a beautiful smile. She looked very familiar for some reason. The girl winked at Dudley before waving and jogging off toward the park. Harry just kept staring out the window, searching the skies for Hedwig with Neville’s answer. Harry did want Neville to come with them. He had been such a good friend Harry thought he was going to miss him very much.

Someone rapped on his bedroom door. Expecting Dudley or Aunt Petunia to be at the door he grunted, “Come!”

“Good morning to you too, Harry,” Bill Weasley strode into the room to shake the hand of a surprised Harry.

“What are you doing here?!” Harry was shocked but not unhappy.

“Well, it seems my good man, that you have been invited to my wedding and I am here to take you in,” Bill laughed. Harry could see the deep scars about his face and neck where he had been attacked.

“Congratulations again, how are you feeling?” he asked, trying not to stare at the offending gash under Bill’s left eye.

“Oh, not too bad, the full moon was last week. My transformations are quite feeble compared to Lupin’s. I simple sprout fur everywhere and my wounds reopen. My scars will never heal and the fur doesn’t go away unless I charm it off. It is relatively painless though and usually I feel top notch two days later. Sometimes Lupin needs a full week to recover. By the way, he is downstairs talking to your Aunt and cousin. You’ll be coming with us today but we need to bring you back after the wedding. Ron and Hermione will probably come back with you though,” Bill rattled.

Harry briefly thought about how his aunt would react to Ron and Hermione staying in her house with him.

“You will only be coming back for two days, I understand, and then you will be leaving with your friends on some adventure of your planning. I would join you but I’m afraid my wife has some plans about a honeymoon. I don’t think she’ll let me out of it,” Bill was smiling devilishly.

“Oh I’m sure you are going to hate being stuck with her. I hear those honeymoons are miserable,” Harry laughed as Bill threw his pillow at him.

Together they worked to put get Harry’s things in order. Harry double-checked to make sure that he didn’t have any extra quills or anything lying about. He didn’t want to have to repack when he came back. He saw Hedwig’s empty cage.

“She’s not back yet! I can’t just leave her here,” Harry was worried. What would Uncle Vernon do to her with him gone?

“I will tell her where you went,” Aunt Petunia whispered from his doorway next to Lupin.
Moony clapped a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“Glad to see you are well. We will let you get dressed before we go,” Lupin and Bill left the room and were standing just outside in the hall.

Harry pulled on his jeans and could hear them whispering.

“Bill will you grab my cloak from downstairs it has the Indicator in it,” Lupin asked. Harry could hear Bill lumbering down the steps.

“You have to tell him Penny. He is your nephew. She was your sister,” Lupin hissed.

“I can’t, I just…you were the only one who ever called me that,” she whispered remeniscently.

“Petunia was too formal. Penny, please he deserves it. Do it for Lily. You are the only one who can!” Lupin was being very kind but firm.

“I’ll try, Remus. It will not be easy and Vernon will not be happy. I will tell him when he comes back from the wedding. I need you to change the beds in there so that his friends can stay.” Her voice sounded strained like she was trying to keep from crying.

“Would it help if I come back tonight to speak with Vernon myself? I can also explain why you have the Indicator.” Petunia must have nodded because she made no verbal reply.

“ Fine, when I come back I’ll conjure a set of twin beds for Ron and Harry. Hermione will be staying with Mrs. Figg,” he chattered back.

“I should have known there was something strange about that woman. She used to seem so normal, like Vernon. Then she wouldn’t stop pestering me about having Harry help her with her housework.” Aunt Petunia almost laughed.

Harry fully dressed and ready for answers opened the door.

“You should have silenced it, Moony,” Harry spat, realizing he was very angry and was trying not to show it.

“Harry, don’t be angry with Remus. I’ll explain everything when you get back,” Aunt Petunia had been so warm to Lupin and yet was so cold and crisp to Harry.

Realizing he had no choice he went downstairs with his bag in hand. The three men crowded around a rag doll. To a normal person it would seem strange to see three large grown men standing around a little girl’s play thing, but this doll was a Portkey. The all to familiar twinge of discomfort flooded Harry as the Portkey whisked him away through England and to the home of his best friend’s house. The Portkey activated and they were barely standing in the middle of the kitchen of the Burrow.

A/N: This was a slow start but I needed to get this stuff out of the way...You'll see why. Please Review!
Reviews 268
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear