Search:

SIYE Time:15:38 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Plea for Help
By SuperSecretDAmembers

- Text Size +

Category: Summer Challenge (2005-4)
Characters:None
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 5
Summary: With some help from Hedwig, Harry comes to Ginny's rescue and an important revelation is made
Hitcount: Story Total: 5502







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer Characters belong to Jo, only the plot is ours

One warm night in August, the Dursley family awoke to the sound of their doorbell. Vernon and Petunia stood with their son Dudley at the top of the stairs, in shocked silence. "Who would come calling at this hour?" exclaimed Vernon angrily.

He stormed down the stairs and yanked the door open. An auburn-haired girl of 15 stood on the stoop, with a confused look on her face.

"Good evening sir," she began, "My name is Ginny and I'm a friend of Harry Potter. Might I speak with him?"

"There's no one here by that name," sneered Dudley, now standing at Vernon's side. "Lily?", gasped Petunia as she caught sight of Ginny. Vernon looked incredulously between his wife and their un-welcome visitor, before sputtering "Go away, you're not wel-."

A thump caught his attention and he turned to see Petunia fainted on the floor. His face contorted with rage, he turned back to Ginny and yelled "You'll pay for hurting my wife." He slammed the door and scurried towards the phone.

A bewildered Ginny stood outside the house wondering what had just happened. "Lily?", she asked herself increduously. "Surely she can't think I'm her sister...what?!"

She was startled by Hedwig landing on her shoulder. "Hey girl," she whispered, "I need to get a note to Harry." Hedwig hooted softly and took flight to his bedroom window. She spotted spare parchment and a quill on his desk; quickly she grabbed hold of the items in her claws and flew out the window.

Just then, a siren was heard and a police car came roaring up. Ginny spun around in fear and froze. Behind her, the door opened again and Vernon smirked, "That will teach you to darken our door!" He slammed the door shut as the police officer approached.

"Excuse me miss," he called, "we've had a complaint that you were attempting to break into this house. I'm afraid you'll have to come with us." He took hold of her arm and led her to the car. "We're not going to cuff you, miss, please don't cause trouble."

Hedwig circled overhead, knowing she couldn't return to her master's mate just then. As the car drove off she followed from the air, the quill and parchment still in her grasp. Ginny sobbed quietly in the back of the car, "Mum and Dad are going to be so upset with me!"

All too soon, they arrived at the police station, and Ginny was quickly taken to a cell. "Attempted break in," the officer announced to his supervisor as he led Ginny into a corridor. "In there," he pointed to an open cage door and swiftly pushed her inside, sliding the door shut with a bang.

As he sauntered away Ginny took in her surroundings and was very relieved to see Hedwig hop into sight through the bars on the tiny window. She took the parchment and quill and scribbled a short note. Tying it to the owl's leg, she instructed "take this to Harry, girl, and please hurry!" Hedwig hooted in reply and nipped Ginny's finger affectionately before taking flight.

Ginny sank onto the bunk wearily, hopeful that Harry would soon be there. She looked around the cell and wrinkled her nose at the filthy toilet in the corner, yawning widely. As she drifted off to sleep, alone and afraid, Hedwig swooped through Harry's window and nipped none-too-gently at his ear until he began stirring. "Hedwig?", he asked groggily, "what do you want?"

She lifted her leg to him and he untied the note and began to read. His eyes wide, he sprang out of bed and dressed quickly. Taking the stairs two at a time, Harry quickly headed for the phone in the hall.

"Something wrong, boy?" his uncle shook with laughter, "one of your freaky little friends in trouble?" Dudley and Petunia, who had since been revived and assured in fact her sister's ghost was not haunting her, laughed aloud.

Harry slowly turned, and fixed his uncle with a angry glare. "What did you do?" he asked. The Dursleys cowered at his icy tone, and Vernon stuttered a reply. "We just w-want your kind to leave us a-a-alone."

Harry looked away for a moment and pondered this, before fixing his stare on the three of them. "You've treated me horribly for the past 16 years and I've taken it for as long as I can. Taking your hatred for me out on my friends will not be tolerated!"

He whipped out his wand and pointed it at his family. "Mum, Dad, make him put it away!", whimpered Dudley while Vernon and Petunia cowered away from the boy before them. "I'm 17 now," Harry crowed, "which means I can do this." With a wave of his wand all three Dursleys were suspended in mid-air, Petunia screaming shrilly and Vernon demanding to be let down. "NO!" Harry exclaimed, "you'll stay there til I'm good and ready to release you."

Striding over to his uncle Harry confiscated his wallet and peeked inside. "Yes, this will do nicely," Harry muttered, "Portus" and watched as it glowed blue. A few seconds later he vanished and reappeared in front of the police station. He strode confidently in the front door and right up to the desk. "I understand you have a young red-headed girl locked up," he began, "I'm here to pick her up."

The officer sized him up carefully before replying, "I'll have her brought right out, sir." He motioned Harry to a bench. A female officer walked up to Ginny's cell and hit her flashlight on the bars. Ginny startled awake and looked her way. "Hey Red, looks like your lucky day. We're not going to keep you."

Ginny stared in disbelief as the officer unlocked the door and directed her up the corridor. As she came into the room, Harry jumped up and pulled her into an embrace. "I was so scared!" she cried, "I didn't know who else to turn to." Harry rubbed her back gently and whispered "Anytime you need help, just ask."

Keeping his arm around Ginny, Harry ushered her towards the door. They walked out into the dark and sat on a nearby bench. "Tell me what happened," Harry said. Ginny began to relate her tale but soon noticed his fists were clenched in anger. She took both his hands in hers and continued her story, as he gradually relaxed.

"Why did you come, Ginny? And how on earth were you able to come alone?" Ginny sighed and gazed at Harry. "All the craziness at the Burrow was getting to me," she sighed again, "Charlie's wedding is coming so fast, and Bill and Becca are expecting their second child. Ron and Hermione fight constantly, and the twins are hardly around anymore. Mum and Dad are so caught up with the wedding plans and a new grandchild on the way, they don't pay me much mind."

She tore her eyes away and looked at the ground. "You understand how it feels to be ignored," she continued, "I didn't have anyone else to talk to. I waited til Mum was asleep and portkeyed over, I tricked Ron into making it but he botched the spell so I can't use it to go back."

Harry mulled over what he had just heard before replying. "So no one knows you're here?" "Yeah", grinned Ginny impishly. He smiled in spite of himself and stood up, tugging her hands. "Come on, let's go home." Harry activated the wallet portkey and the pair were soon standing in front of No. 4 Privet Drive.

Ginny marched towards the door, but he held out his hand. "Hold on a minute," Harry asked. He opened his uncle's wallet and took out a few bills. "New clothes," he winked as he pocketed the money. They entered the house and headed immediately for the stairs. "Boy," hollered Vernon, "you let us down this instant!" Harry smirked, pulled out his wand, and with one swish the Dursleys fell in a pile on the living room floor. "Oh yeah, here's your wallet back," Harry tossed it over his shoulder and it beaned Dudley in the nose.

Harry and Ginny entered his room, and she lounged on the bed while he packed. A few quick spells and it was time to go. After telling Hedwig to meet him at the Burrow, Harry shrunk her cage and his trunk, and stowed them in his cloak. The two of them made their way down the stairs and headed towards the door.

Harry turned for one last look and caught sight of his relatives peeking around the corner. "Well, guess I'll be off now," he stated, "thanks for a wonderful life." Harry followed Ginny out the door, pulling it shut behind him. As they reached the street, she turned and asked, "How are we traveling, Harry?"

He smirked and stuck his wand hand out. The Knight Bus appeared with a large bang and the two were greeted by Stan Shunpike. Harry requested to be let off at the Burrow, and, shoving a handful of galleons into the conductor's hand, led Ginny towards the back of the bus. They each settled on a bed, and exchanged a smile before nodding off. A short time later, Harry awoke to hear Stan announce the Burrow as the next stop.

He woke Ginny just as the bus pulled up near the shed. They clambered off and walked through the yard. Harry noticed a porch swing near the house and directed Ginny towards it. They sat together in silence briefly, before Ginny again took Harry's hand in her own.

"I wasn't completely honest earlier," she murmured, "I left out something important." Harry gazed intently at her and asked simply, "What?" She leaned towards him and whispered "I love you." He embraced her and whispered back, "I love you too." They shared their first kiss under the moonlight, a few moments of innocence in a world filled with turmoil.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear