Search:

SIYE Time:11:16 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Arrested Wishes
By EmmaWoodhouse

- Text Size +

Category: Summer Challenge (2005-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 27
Summary: ** Winner of Best Romance in the Summer Challenge **
Ginny Weasley started the evening expecting a normal night of bachelorette sort of things. Instead, what she got was an evening of mayhem, jail cells, and Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5191



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Arrested Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own JKR, any of her characters, or any other assets that rightfully belong to JKR. All of Harry Potter and the entire world as written in her magnificent books are hers and hers alone. I merely borrow some of her fabulous intellect in order to write this silly story as part of the Summer 4-2005 Challenge.

“And finally, ladies, we have our favorite redhead, Miss Ginevra Weasley. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, Miss Weasley has chosen a lovely sapphire-blue, genie costume. I’m sure some day, she will make the wishes of that special someone come true.”

Ginny took to the makeshift runway and did her best impression of a catwalk. She stopped to dance in the center of the stage in rhythm to the loud music. The girls erupted with laughter and cheers. As she finished her prance around the room, she grabbed a tumbler of alcohol and downed it in one shot, enjoying the heady feeling that the drink caused.

Susan Bones’ maid of honor had out done herself with the bachelorette party. Each girl had received an invitation to a slumber party with instructions to wear a pajama costume that would portray their greatest daydream. Ginny smiled as she looked around the room to see girls dressed as Aphrodite, Shakespeare’s Juliet, and Cleopatra.

Ginny sighed. Tomorrow, Susan Bones would wed her dream prince. This was the fourth wedding that she had attended in just six months. She had been bridesmaid for two of the weddings and had been asked to be a part of the bridal party for two more. Her closet was haunted with ugly bridesmaid dresses, including a feathery dress that made her look like a big yellow bird. She even had a neon green number that was so tight that she couldn’t bend over for fear of exposing herself to the people behind her.

Deep down, she envied her friends who had found their soul mates. She, Ginny Weasley, was still plowing through healer school and couldn’t even find the time to dream of her knight in shining armor, let alone meet him, fall in love and live happily ever after. Of course, she never would find that time if all of her free time was spent attending everyone else’s wedding activities.

“Of course, it would also help if the knight didn’t always have green eyes and messy, black hair, huh?” A small voice in her head prompted.

Ginny grabbed another glass of wine in hopes of silencing the annoying voice. The last of the week’s tension melted away as Ginny began entertaining the girls with impressions of old Hogwarts teachers and stories of the mishaps of the girls’ dormitories.

Ginny was in the middle of her best impression of Professor Snape when the doorbell rang. Ginny grinned. She had been to three parties, and each time the doorbell rang, it meant that a male dancer would enter. Ginny ran to the door, continuing her funny antics and impersonations.

Ginny opened the door to find a handsome, blonde man dressed as a London Bobby.

“Hello, Officer,” Ginny purred.

The girls giggled behind her.

“Ma’am, are you the resident of this address?” The man asked.

“No, but you don’t want her. She’s getting married tomorrow. Why not tell me what the problem is?” Ginny said as she walked her fingers up his chest.

The man nervously cleared his throat; “We’ve had complaints about the noise levels.”

Ginny laughed. She knew that the alcohol was driving her actions, but it had been a while since she had had any fun.

“Why officer, I guess I’ve been a bad girl,” Ginny said as she gave her best pout. “Why don’t you arrest me, or maybe you have something else in mind.”

With that, Ginny grabbed the man by the front of his shirt and pulled him into the flat. She began dancing with him in tow.

“Ma’am, I don’t know what you think you are doing, but if you don’t cease now, I’m going to have to arrest you.”

“Well, I guess you would probably have to frisk me first, huh?” Ginny said as she leaned into him.

Again, Ginny felt a wave of mischief wash over her as she grabbed his arm and gave him a good shove.

“Dance!” She ordered.

“Ma’am, you are under arrest for assaulting a police officer,” the man said, and with that proceeded to handcuff Ginny and lead her out to his patrol car.

“Please, I am so sorry! Didn’t Susan pay you? I mean I would have,” Ginny stammered.

“Are you trying to bribe an officer?”

“No, sir,” a shaken Ginny said.

Ginny shut her eyes and opened them again, hoping against hope that she would wake up to find this just a bad dream. The cold slam of the jail cell door made it clear to Ginny that she was in fact awake and truly living this nightmare.

“You get one call,” said an officer, opening the door to allow her to use a payphone.

Ginny put the coin into the phone, glad that Hermione had instructed her in the use of a muggle phone. She pressed the buttons and was relieved to hear it ring.

“Hello,” a voice answered.

Ginny froze. She had hoped that Hermione would answer, or at worst, Ron, but she knew this voice. Her night truly could not get any worse.

“Hello,” the voice said again.

Ginny forced herself to speak, “Hi, Harry?”

“Yes, who’s this?”

“This is Ginny. Is Hermione home?”

“No, Hermione and Ron are out grocery shopping. Is everything all right, you don’t sound so good.”

“Um, well, I have a slight problem. You see, I’ve been arrested and I’m in a London jail.”

“What?! Stay there and I’ll come get you.”

Ginny sighed in relief. She would have to live with the humiliation, but at least she could get out of the dingy jail cell.


Harry rushed into the London Police Department, feeling panicked. The thought of Ginny in jail with a group of hardened criminals alarmed him.

“I’m here to pick up Ginny Weasley,” Harry told the woman at the front desk.

“Oh, yes, the Harem girl who assaulted a police officer and tried to bribe him.”

“No, there must be some mistake. Ginny would never…”

“Stan, bring out the redhead!” the woman yelled and looked back at Harry.

Harry froze at the sight of Ginny being lead out by the officer. He swallowed hard. There stood Ginny with her red hair pulled up high on her head, wearing a deep blue genie outfit.

Harry slowly came to his senses and was furious to see several of the young officers and a few of the arrested criminals staring at her. It had been a warm evening, and Harry didn’t even have a jacket to offer. He looked around in hopes of finding something that would cover her. Not finding anything that would do the job, Harry draped his arm around Ginny and escorted her out of the building.

“Can you apparate home,” Harry asked.

“No, my wand is back at Susan’s flat,” Ginny said as she tried desperately to avoid eye contact.

“Okay, let’s take a cab back to my apartment and we’ll get this thing sorted out there. I want to get you off the street before I have to fight for your honor,” Harry said, giving Ginny a big grin. He immediately regretted his cavalier attitude when Ginny nodded, looking around in embarrassment.

The cab pulled up in front of Harry’s flat. Ginny quickly entered and Harry was relieved to have Ginny in a safe place, out of the way of the shameless stares of men who Harry had felt deserved to be ripped limb from limb.

Ginny turned around quickly and began to explain, “Look, it’s not what you think. I didn’t assault that man. I thought he was a male dancer, and I was just having a bit of fun. I mean, it was a bachelorette party, and how was I supposed to know,” Ginny rambled.

Harry grinned, “I see. Do you always wear such outfits to bachelorette parties?”

Ginny blushed, “No, no. It was a slumber party. I wasn’t going out in public, or at least I didn’t think I was. We were supposed to dress the part of our favorite daydream. Um, Susan dressed as a fairy princess, and Luna dressed like a gypsy.”

Harry studied the nervous Ginny, who refused to look at him as she stammered through her explanation. His stomach hadn’t stopped flipping since he first saw her at the police station. Harry took a step toward Ginny and was surprised at the speed in which she took a step back in an effort to maintain the distance between them.

He cleared his throat, “So, this is your dream choice, huh?”

Ginny looked at him startled. Harry took another step forward. Ginny retreated and her back hit the wall.

“Well, um, I guess so. It seemed as good as any. You know, the whole granting three wishes and stuff,” Ginny’s voice trailed off, refusing to make eye contact.

Harry took another step forward, knowing that Ginny couldn’t withdraw any further.

“So, I guess I sort of helped you escape from the bottle tonight, huh? You know, by springing you from the slammer?”

Ginny cringed, “I’m so sorry. I probably ruined your evening. I definitely owe you. Please tell me what I can do.”

Harry took another step forward and placed his arms on both sides of her, pinning her against the wall.

“I think,” he said, his voice lower than normal, “that my first wish was answered. Earlier, I was wishing that you were with me tonight.”

Ginny looked him in the eyes for the first time that evening. The blood pounded in Harry’s ears as he began to get lost in the depths of the brown pools.

He cleared his throat, “As for my second wish, I am determined to make that wish come true as well.”

Harry wrapped his arms around Ginny and brought her to him. He lowered his head, placing a soft kiss on her cheek, slowly finding his way to her lips. Ginny gasped, turning her head. Harry was lifted to heaven as his lips found hers. It was like his entire being had found a place to call home.

Time stood still and didn’t dare to begin again until the two broke apart to look at each other. Ginny’s cheeks were flushed; her eyes sparkled with a newfound light. Harry thought that he had never seen anything more beautiful.

A sly smile played at Ginny’s swollen lips, “So, what would the third wish be?”

Harry grinned, “That the first two wishes would be fulfilled, every day…forever.”

And with that, Harry drew Ginny toward him and gave her a kiss, full of promises of those to come.
Reviews 27
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear