Search:

SIYE Time:10:56 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Three Questions
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 13
Summary: Ginny has three questions that she has to ask Harry......R/R The sequal to this story about Gin and Harry's wedding is in the story called A Future Together. Dumbledore and McGonagall's story is written in the story called The Love Bet. Please R/R those too!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4729







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This story idea came from a paragraph that my friend had on her profile on AIM.

A/N: Voldemort is still a threat, although Harry and Ginny are in there early twenties.

A/N: I own nothing.

Ginny’s fist was inches from the door. It couldn’t move anymore. There stood one of the most powerful witches of the ages, one who stood up to Voldemort and spat in his eye and she couldn’t get up the nerve to knock on the door of her boyfriend’s flat. Suddenly a flash of lightning and thunder made her jump. And the patter of rain matched her mood that she was feeling.

“Some courage” she muttered to herself.

Ginny Weasley was at the flat of her boyfriend of six months. This boyfriend just happened to be Harry Potter. She was very nervous at the conversation that was going to be taking place. Ginny took a step back and wiped her palms on her dress and made sure that her hair was in place. She then sucked in her breath and knocked on the door cautiously. She held her breath, waiting for Harry to answer the door. She exhaled quickly and took another deep breath as she knocked more firmly. She was puzzled why Harry wasn’t answering. She started to panic. (Harry was the most wanted wizard, anyone would be worried!)
Ginny walked into the flat and there was Harry (walking around, might I add) clearly for looking for something.

“Harry?”

“Uh-huh” Harry mumbled not really acknowledging her.

“Harry, I need to talk to you. It is really important. Please look at me!”

Harry looked at her, but Ginny could tell that he wasn’t really seeing her. She sighed but racked up her courage to ask the questions that needed to be asked. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them she realized that Harry was continuing to hunt for whatever he was hunting for.

“HARRY!”

“What do you want Gin?”

Ginny realized that she needed to ask him tonight or she was going to be questioning for ever.

“Harry….do you think I am pretty?”

Harry paused for a moment. His back was toward her and she couldn’t see that a mischievous glint got in his eyes.

“Umm…no”

Tears filled in Ginny’s eyes, but she continued to ask Harry questions.

“Ok….would you want to be with me forever?”

Harry started to hunt again trying to act like these questions were not important.

“Nah…I can always find a roommate.”

The tears in Ginny’s eyes threatened to fall but she asked her third and final question.

“Harry….if I was to leave would you cry?”

Harry suddenly started to look intently under a pile of auror papers.

“No…men don’t cry”

When the last answer was said, Ginny’s tear started to roll off her face. She walked to the door and vowed to walk out of Mr. Potters’ life. When she was doing this Harry stood up triumphantly and looked around. He noticed that the door was opened and Ginny was gone. He realized that those questions she was asking were no joke. He realized that the joke was no joke at all and he might pay the price.

Harry ran out of the flat and down the flight of stairs. He saw a figure walking in the rain across the parking lot. The figure walked under a lamppost and he saw the flash of red hair. He drew his wand and apperated right in front of the lonely figure.

“Harry, I don’t want to talk to you! You answered those three questions just like a pig headed man, and I thought that you were different. I thought that you loved me, but I realized that you were just using me!”

By the time she was finished she was yelling and the tears were falling unabashedly down her face. Harry looked into Ginny’s eyes and gently wiped away the tears. He gave a small smile and took her by the hand.

“Gin…when you started giving me those questions I thought they were a joke so I gave you answers that weren’t from my heart. I don’t think you are pretty, I think you are beautiful. I don’t want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever. And finally if you left I told the truth that I would not cry, I would die if you left. Because if you did you would take a part of my heart with you.

Ginny was thrilled that those were his replys. She wrapped her hands around Harry’s neck and gave him a kiss. For a few moments they stayed that way, until a thought came to Ginny’s mind and she pulled out of the embrace.

“Harry, when I arrived you seemed like you cared more about work then you did about me. You were not paying attention to me and all you were doing was looking through your papers at work.

Harry looked at her and gave a big smile and picked her up and twirled around. The rain drops that had gathered on them flew off only to be replaced by more that were falling rapidly.

“Ginny I was listening to you, but I do have to pay some attention to other things.”

“I know Harry, but what was sooo important that you could not just take a moment and look at me for a second.”

“This”

Harry held up a jewelry box and opened it in front of Ginny. In it was a 3 caret diamond ring with 3 emeralds on each side. Ginny gasped as Harry got down on his knee in the middle of the parking lot.

“Ginny… you are my life. As you can tell by the answers to the three questions that you asked, I need you and I cannot live without you. I am not whole without you and I love you more than life itself. You helped me up when I was depressed and was there when I needed you. You can always overcome evil because we have something that the darkness doesn’t….love. So, Gin, will you give me the honor of becoming my wife?”

The tears started to fall on Ginny’s cheeks and her eyes were now filled with joy.

“Harry…I have loved you before I even knew you and I will always be there for you. As long as you need. I love you and I never want to be apart from you. So in answer to your question….no”

“WHAT”

Harry stood and looked shocked into the eyes of the woman that was breaking his heart.

Ginny looked back innocently and then she couldn’t hold it in anymore. She started to giggle and wrapped her hands around Harry’s neck.

“Well…if you can play with me on a important question, I can play with you.”

“Why you little….”

Before Harry could finish that sentence Ginny pulled Harry’s face into her own and gave Harry the most earth shattering kiss that he had ever felt. When Harry pulled away breathing raggedly. Ginny giggled again when Harry took off his glasses to become unfogged. He then remembered what was in his hand and took the ring gently out of the box and on to the ring finger of his beloved. He kissed Ginny’s hand and then pulled her in to continue kissing while the rain continued to fall and they were oblivious to it.

They were also oblivious to the audience they had. In the distance sat a old wise man. He was smiling while he watched the couple celebrating. He knew that the future of the wizarding world remained on the shoulders of these young adults, and one without the other they would fail. He gave a chuckle as he popped another lemon drop in his mouth and got up and started down the street.

As he got ready to apparate he thought to himself “I have to remember to make Minerva pay me the bet, she thought that it would be another month before he proposed.”





Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear