Search:

SIYE Time:1:58 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the War To End All Wars
By inlovewithginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts. New powers new relationships. HarryGinny RonHermione
Hitcount: Story Total: 3946







ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter
and the
War To End All Wars

By inlovewithginny
Chapter 1
Permission

He had nothing to do. He was going crazy with helplessness. Harry Potter was sitting in his room, on his bed running his hands through his already messy hair black hair. Not only was he bored he was tired. He hadn’t been able to sleep much lately due to the image of Sirius falling through the veil. Whenever this picture passed through his mind he would wake up in a cold sweat.
“Its all my fault” was all Harry could think. Even though Dumbledore had said that he was not to blame Harry still felt it was his fault. He kept on telling himself it would all pass in time. That one week into summer vacation was not enough time to get rid of these thoughts.
He decided to write the Order of the Phoenix and tell them he was all right. If he didn’t they would come and check on him. That might not be a bad thing though since he would be able to talk to somebody. He reached into his trunk anyway and pulled out a random piece of parchment, ink and a quill sat down and set to work.
Dear Order,
I’m fine. Wish I could do something to help. Just being with someone so I can get these thoughts out of my head would help.

Harry
When he finished he folded it up, wrote “The Order” on it and brought it over to Hedwig. He tied it on to her leg and after an affectionate peck on his ear she flew out the open window.
After watching Hedwig fly into the distance Harry sat back on his bed with a thump. He had just drifted off when he was started out of his thoughts by two owls carrying a package between them. Harry rolled off his bed and walked over to the waiting owls. They weren’t any owls that he knew, and it was too early for school letters so he didn’t know who it was from. He picked up the letter on top to see:
Harry Potter
#4 Privet Dr.
2nd Room to the Right
He ripped it open and read:

Harry,
I had a long talk with Cornelius Fudge. Although he is a fool and should not even be an entry-level clerk he still has his moments. And this moment was a giant! I showed him the prophecy in my pensive. We talked about it and he decided (with a little prodding from myself) to allow you to practice magic outside of school in order to make you powerful enough to defeat Voldemort. I have sent along some books that were in the room of Requirement during your D.A. meetings last year. I have also got a letter from Professor McGonagall. Since your friends Ron and Hermione are always with you, when you arrive at the Order Head Quarters later this month they will be allowed to help you with this task. If you wan young Miss Weasley to help you also since she was in the Department of Mysteries she may help too.

Sincerely,
Professor Dumbledore

Harry sat in a stunned silence for a while before letting out a whoop of happiness.
“WOW!” he thought to himself,” This is amazing.”
He sat there for a while longer in ecstasy before setting his package in his closet to await the next day. He would have opened it right then and there if it wasn’t 3 A.M. already. He took off his glasses hopped into bed and quickly fell asleep.
Harry awoke at 8 in the morning feeling well rested because even though he only had five hours sleep the image of Sirius did not come all night. Harry reckoned this was because he had something to do now.
He got out of bed grabbed some jeans and a shirt from his dresser on the far side of his room. Once he was dressed he ran downstairs earning him some looks from the Dursleys.
“What are you so excited about boy?” growled Uncle Vernon giving Harry a dirty look, “ Get some letters form those freaky friends of yours?”
“No. I got one from the Headmaster though,” Harry answered.
“Get expelled?” Aunt Petunia asked with a hopeful glance at Harry
“No, I just got permission to practice magic outside of school.”
All three Dursleys stood up quickly. “Stop lying boy” snarled Uncle Vernon.
“I’m not lying,” said Harry who was thoroughly enjoying this. “And just to prove it…” He pulled out his wand.
“Put that away now!”
“Wingardium Leviosa,” Harry said and all three Dursleys turned to watch the last piece of toast float off the plate. “Ta-ta” Harry said in a mock polite voice “Locomotor toast.” Holding his wand like a conductor’s stick he marched out of the room with the toast in the lead leaving a stunned silence in his wake.
By the time Harry got to his room he could barely walk he was laughing so hard. He sat down on his bed and ate this toast still savoring the memory of the fear on Uncle Vernon’s face when he levitated the toast.
When he was finished he walked over to the closet, opened it up and trembling with anticipation grabbed the parcel. When he had set it down on the bed he took out his wand. “Diffindo,” he muttered. The rope fell off and he pulled open the box. Once the box was open he took out McGonagall’s letter.
It read:
Potter,
As a member of the Order naturally I know about the Prophecy and I think it would be a great deal of help for you to become and Animangus. I have sent along some instructions on how to start the process of becoming one. I know that your father and Sirius did it while they were in school. It should be much faster with these instructions and my help later this summer. You must choose an animal to concentrate on. Magical animals are extremely hard to do. Any wizard who can do this is very powerful but if you want to try go ahead.
Good Luck,
Minevera McGonagall
“I can’t wait to get started” Harry said aloud. He looked into the box and saw another piece of parchment. He picked it up and saw the instructions McGonagall talked about. Underneath was: A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions, Achievements in Charming, The Dark Arts Outsmarted, Practical Defense Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts, Self Defensive Spellworks, and on the very bottom of the pile was a lime green book called Muggle Self Defense.
Harry had no idea what it meant by Muggle Self Defense because as far as he knew they used guns. So he opened it up and found diagrams on how to swordfight and later in the book how to swordfight with wands.
“That sounds fun,” thought Harry, “but first I need a place to practice.” And so he sat and thought for a while. Finally a thought came “Attic! Do we even have an attic?”
So Harry decided to find out. He opened the door and walked downstairs. Without introduction he demanded, “Do we have an attic?”
“Why?” asked Uncle Vernon
“Just answer.”
“No.”
“No we don’t or no you won’t answer?” Harry asked getting annoyed.
“I won’t answer.”
“Maybe I’ll just write to Mad-Eye then.”
“NO!” screamed Uncle Vernon, looking up for the first time.
“Answer then.”
“Fine, yes we do.”
“Do you use it?”
“No.”
“I’m going to then.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“How are you going to stop me?”
Uncle Vernon opened and closed his mouth as if gasping for air.
“At al loss for words? I’ll give you one: fine”
“Fine,” Uncle Vernon mumbled.
Harry turned and walked away. He walked around the house until he finally found the attic. He magiked the door open and walked up.
The attic was dingy but big enough to practice in. “Accio books.” The books flew through the door and stopped in front o him. “Accio trunk.” His trunk flew up and landed next to the books.
“First thing I need to do is make this room practicable,” Harry said to himself. He stooped down and opened his trunk. When he found Intermediate Transfiguration he went to the table of contents. Down towards the bottom he found what he was looking for: Conjuring Objects Out of Thin Air. He read the chapter quickly, picking out the key points.
“All righty. Conjurus cushion.” A big cushion like the ones he had once see in a muggle gym appeared. He looked into his charm book and found the chapter on sticking charms. He used about five of these to stick the cushion on one of the walls. He repeated the process until the whole room including the ceiling was covered in pads.
“Now I need something to practice on,” he said, “ Conjurus Malfoy manikin.” Out of thin air came an exact likeness of Malfoy.
“There now I have good reason to use spells on something non-living. But now I need some rest. This has taken longer than I thought.”
So Harry walked to his room and before going to bed he decided to write Dumbledore a letter. He took out a quill, ink and a piece of parchment and wrote:
Professor Dumbledore,
Thank you very much for the permission. I do request however that you make a practice room at Headquarters with an obstacle course etc.

Harry
When he was done he took off his glasses and clothes and jumped into bed.



End Chapter 1

A/N HI I’m an obsessive Harry Potter person who can’t write. Beginning chapters will probably be boring but try to hang in there because it will get better Hi Kate and Alyssa!
Click the Review Button! Sorry Kate hehe. I know the chapters are short but the intro type parts are always the hardest. The next four chapters are already written and they do get longer. Bye
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear