Search:

SIYE Time:13:37 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Thank You
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 32
Summary: Harry gets a big surprise from Ginny. (A Father's Day fic.)
Hitcount: Story Total: 7806







ChapterPrinter


A/N: That wonderful little plot bunny bit me once again. This is a little Father's Day fic I thought of, and seeing as it's in two weeks, I decided to post this. I hope you all enjoy!
Please review!

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter and gang belong to JK Rowling. I'm just borrowing her characters. Thanks Jo!




Thank You


“I want a baby.”

She stared at him.

“Isn’t that my line?”

“No. A husband can want a child just as much as the wife.”

“I see.”

Ginny settled herself under the blankets again. Harry sighed and looked at her nestled in bed next to him.

“Ginny.”

“What?”

“I really want a baby.”

Ginny sighed and sat up. She looked at her husband.

“What is with your sudden urge to reproduce?” she asked. Harry sighed and sat up.

“I want to have a family with you,” he said, taking her hand.

She smiled. “Darling, we have loads of time to have a family. You’re only twenty four and I’m twenty three.”

“But we’ve been married for five years,” he went on and watched her through the darkness of their bedroom.

“Why are you suddenly on this?” she asked. Harry sighed and stared out the window where moonlight was shining into their room. The truth was, he was jealous. Harry was tired of walking into Auror Headquarters and seeing all the pictures of his co-workers’ children and hearing stories of the cute things they did. All of Ginny’s brothers were fathers as well. Bill had twin girls with Fleur, Charlie had a girl with his wife, Rebecca, Fred had two girls with Angelina, George had a boy with Alicia, Percy even had a son with Penelope, and now after Hermione had gone into labor during the New Year Eve’s party at the Burrow earlier that evening, she and Ron officially had a little boy of their own one minute until midnight. Everyone in the family had a child, except Harry and Ginny. And oh how he wanted a child! He wanted a family of his own and give his children the childhood he never had. He wanted a child to love and care for and be proud of. He wanted to hold them and soothe them and cherish every moment with them. Harry already had the beginning of his family, his wonderful wife, but he wanted to extend it.

“I’m tried of being Uncle Harry. I want to be a father Ginny. I want us to be parents. It’s New Year’s Day, a whole new year in our lives and new things to come. Maybe this can be a new thing in our lives,” Harry tried to explain.

“So, do you want to try to have a baby?” she asked. He looked at her and nodded.

“Yeah, I do.”

“You realize how much it takes to have a baby, right? It’s not just a toy or something. It takes a lot of money and time it’s a lifetime commitment,” Ginny said.

“I know that. I want to wake up in the bloody morning and feed it and change it and do whatever. I want do all those things. And it’s not like we can’t afford a child,” he continued trying to show her how much he wanted to start a family with her.

He saw her smile and before he knew it Harry was pinned beneath her.

She leaned down and gave him a long, passionate kiss.

“Let’s try then.”


* * * * * *


The Potters had visited St. Mungo's to make sure that they were capable of conceiving children and according to their Healer, they were very capable and he couldn't see why they haven't had a child yet. He suggested that they stop using Anti-Conception Charms and told Ginny to stop using birth control potion if they wanted a child. So they did just that, among with other things the Healer suggested.

After a few months of trying, Ginny was no closer to being pregnant, but they continued to try.

Harry sat on the sofa in their sitting room, waiting for Ginny in his undershirt and boxers. She had kicked him out of their bedroom while she took yet another pregnancy test. She couldn’t take his nerves and told him to wait downstairs or else she would make sure he could never have kids. So he did as told.

He heard her come down the stairs and in a few moments she was standing in front of him, her dressing gown tied around her. They didn’t need any words now, just looks. He gave her an inquiring and hopeful look and she shook her head. Harry sighed and leaned his head back.

“Why can’t I get you pregnant?” he asked. “Something’s wrong with me, that’s all there is to it!”

“Nothing is wrong with you,” Ginny said and climbed into his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder. “You’re fine, I’m fine, our timing just isn’t right.”

He snorted and looked at her. “I don’t see how that it considering how often we try.”

Ginny smiled and kissed him.

“It’ll happen, Harry. We have to be patient and keep on trying. I’ll never tire of trying,” she said. A mischievous look came across her face. “In fact, why don’t we try again?”

Harry raised an eyebrow at her before pinning her against the sofa and kissing her.

Somehow, half an hour later, they had ended up on the floor, a pillow under Ginny’s hips and Harry lying on top of her. Both were sweating and breathing heavily.

“What time is it?” Ginny asked. Harry squinted at the clock then looked for his glasses. He found them just above Ginny’s head and reached for them. Once they were on he looked at the clock.

“Fifteen after three,” he said. She gasped.

“Damn! Get off Harry! We were supposed to be at the Burrow at one thirty!” she cried. Harry quickly got to his feet and searched for his boxers. They dashed up the stairs to get dressed.

“Oh Mum’s going to kill us. Where’s my shirt?” Ginny was clawing through their wardrobe, looking for her best shirt as Harry pulled on a pair of trousers.

“Guess we got too caught up in trying,” Harry said, looking for a belt.

“Darling, it’s been non stop since New Year’s,” Ginny said buttoning up her shirt quickly.

“Like you’ve been complaining about it,” Harry rolled his eyes. “Toss me my white shirt will you.”

Ginny threw him a shirt and found a skirt for herself.

“What’s to complain about?” she asked cheekily and Harry smirked at her. “That doesn’t matter anyway. It’s Easter and even if we explain to Mum that we’re trying to give her a grandchild, she won’t be happy about us being nearly two hours late.”

“You have a point,” Harry agreed and finished getting dressed. “We’re still not telling them, right?”

“Right,” Ginny said and grabbed her cloak. They had decided to keep it all a secret until they were sure they were having a baby. They didn’t want the added pressure and didn’t want to disappoint anyone if they didn’t succeed. Once they were ready to go, they Apparated to the Burrow.

Harry knocked on the door after they arrived. The door opened and Molly appeared.

“Where have you two been? We were about to Floo you two to see where you were,” she said and pulled Ginny into a hug.

Harry fought to keep the blush out of his cheeks. He was glad that no one did Floo or else they would have seen something that Harry was sure no one in the family would want to see him doing with Ginny.

“Sorry Mum, we were a bit busy and lost track of time,” Ginny quickly apologized and kissed her mother’s cheek.

“As long as you’re here. Hello Harry dear,” Molly smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

“Hi Molly,” he greeted her and returned the kiss.

Before Harry could take another step, his nieces and nephews were surrounding him and begging to be picked up. He smiled at them and greeted each kid before making his way through the crowd and to greet the rest of the family.

Ron stepped up to him; his three month old son tucked into the crook of one arm and stuck the other out to greet him. He smirked.

“You might want to fix those buttons there Potter,” he muttered. Harry felt his cheeks flush and quickly fixed his buttons. Ron shook his head.

“Rabbits,” he chuckled at Harry’s embarrassment.

“I wouldn’t talk if I were you,” Ginny appeared next to Harry side and hooked her arm with him. She leaned over and kissed Ron on his cheek. “Hermione’s been telling me that someone has been a bit too eager lately.”

Ron blushed furiously and glared at her.

“Here Ginny, why don’t you hold Patrick for a bit,” Ron handed the baby to Ginny. She was startled for a moment and adjusted her arms to accommodate the baby. She stared down at her nephew for a moment and smiled. Harry watched her and a pain shot through his chest. They’ve been trying since the beginning of the year and still they haven’t conceived. Maybe the Healer was wrong and they couldn’t have a baby.

Ginny looked up and gave him a reassuring smile. She mouthed the word “soon” and looked down at the infant again. Suddenly, baby Patrick began to cry and Harry watched as Hermione hurried to them and took the baby. They watched as Hermione took care of the infant and cooed lovingly at him. Harry noticed the sad look in Ginny’s eyes and he put his arms around her waist. He kissed the back of her head and she relaxed in his arms.

“Soon,” he whispered.

“Easser hut! Easser hut!” Charlie’s two and half year old daughter, Megan shrieked as she jumped up and down in front of Arthur.

“All right Meg. Now that Harry and Ginny are here, everyone outside for the Easter Egg Hunt,” he said and everyone under the age of six ran out the back door as fast as they could. Parents picked up baskets and followed their children’s lead. As soon as Arthur shouted go, the Weasley grandchild took off around the garden. Their parents watched them run around finding eggs and clapped proudly when their little ones found an egg. Harry began wishing that he could join them and sighed softly. He hoped he would be joining them soon enough.

As the day went on, the more and more jealous Harry became. He was becoming frustrated. They had been doing everything they could think of and they still haven’t been able to get anywhere. It was even more unbearable as they all sat down for Easter dinner. All the children sat a separate table while the adults at another. Of course the topic of conversation was about kids.

“Bridget and Miranda are loving school,” Bill said. “They come home and have to tell us everything that happened that day.”

“Eugene is top of his class!” Percy announced proudly. “His teacher says he’s one of the cleverest students she had in years.”

“That’s until Patrick hits school age. With a mum like Hermione, there’s no doubt he’ll be at the top of everything. He’s already starting to roll over!” Ron chimed in.

The Potters were silent throughout the conversation, having nothing to add. Ginny was pushing food around on her plate, looking down at the table while Harry simply stared at whoever was speaking at the moment, hardly touching anything.

“You two are awfully quiet.”

Both Harry and Ginny shook out of their stupors and found that everyone was looking at them.

“Is everything all right?” Molly asked concerned.

“Yeah, just peachy,” Ginny replied sarcastically. No one seemed to notice the falsity to her voice.

“When are you going to reproduce little sister?” Charlie asked. Ginny dropped her fork.

Harry glanced at her and saw how close to tears she was.

“I . . . I don’t know,” she replied.

“Well don’t you two want to have kids?” Hermione asked.

“Yes, we do,” Harry said, the feeling of frustration intensifying.

“When? I mean you’ve been married longer than Angie and I,” Fred pointed out.

“And us,” Ron added.

“We know that Ron,” Harry replied.

“Having a baby is such a wonderful experience. There’s nothing like holding your baby after it’s born. Oh, it’s just amazing!” Alicia said.

“Exactly why we had seven,” Molly smiled as each of her kids.

“It’s so much fun to watch them grow up,” Rebecca said.

“Dangerous if you’re us,” George sighed. He smiled, “But it’s still great.”

“Shut up!” Ginny suddenly shouted. It fell silent and all eyes were on Ginny. “I can’t take this! I just can’t!”

She stood up and fled the kitchen. Harry pushed his chair back and went after her.

He found her sitting on the stairs, her arms crossed on her knees and crying into them. He sat next to her and put his arms around her shoulder. Ginny shifted herself and cried into his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head and tried to soothe her. She lifted her head and looked at him.

“I want a baby. I want to be a mother,” she said. “Why aren’t I pregnant yet? We’ve been doing everything and I can’t get pregnant. Maybe the Healer made a mistake. Maybe I can’t have kids. This is all just so bloody frustrating!”

“I know, I know. Love, there is nothing wrong with you, you know that. Like you said, it’s frustrating and being here isn’t really helping,” he said.

“No, it’s not,” she agreed and buried her head into his shoulder once more. They sat on the stairs for a few minutes in silence, listening to the quiet chatter in the kitchen. There was no doubt the family was talking about them.

“Can we go home? I need to take another test,” she said.

“Of course, come on,” Harry nodded and they stood up. Harry got their cloaks and went to say goodbye to the family.

“Er, sorry everyone but we’re leaving. We’re both a little tired,” Harry lied. The family nodded and said goodbye, then the Potters went home.


* * * * *


They were lying in bed together, Harry holding Ginny close and both dangerously close to being late for work from their lunch breaks. It had been over two and half months since Easter and while they continued to try, Ginny refused to take anymore tests. After they had come home from the Burrow on Easter Ginny had taken a test and got a negative result, she broke down and cried. She had been very emotional when Mother’s Day came in May and could barely face her mother or sister-in-laws when they went to the Burrow. Now this Sunday was Father’s Day and Harry was sure she wasn’t going to be able to handle it, in fact he wasn’t sure he would be able to handle it.

“Come on, you need to take that test,” Harry tried to coax her like he had for the past two months now. Ginny shook her head.

“It’s just going to say no again,” Ginny sighed. “What’s the point anymore? Face it, we weren’t meant for children.”

He sighed and kissed her shoulder.

“Look, I need to get back to work. Promise me you’ll take the test and let me know after work,” he said. Ginny sighed and nodded. He leaned over and kissed her before he got dressed. He made sure that she got out of the bed and had the test in her hand before leaving.

Harry found, however, that he couldn’t concentrate on work. He forced himself to focus on his report but found it too difficult to do. He was too concerned about Ginny. He glanced at the clock and saw he still had another two hours until he was done for the day. Pushing his report aside, he got up and decided to go see Ginny in her department.

He went through a set of oak doors and headed down a corridor until he found a plaque with the words “Improper Use of Magic Office.” He pushed open the door and searched for his wife’s cubicle. Halfway down a row he spotted a name plate with her name on it and peeked in.

“Hey beautiful,” he greeted her.

Ginny was not expecting him, for she had jumped up in her seat and knocked over her ink well.

“Sorry,” he apologized and quickly pointed his wand at it to clean it up.

“It’s alright,” she sighed and searched for a fresh ink well. He perched himself on the side of her desk and watched her.

“Did you take it?” he asked in a low voice. Ginny nodded. Harry licked his lips in anticipation.

“And?” he pushed.

She looked at him and he could see tears in her eyes.

“Oh honey,” he immediately swept her into his arms. He held her close and rocked her gently in his arms. “It’s okay, love, it’s okay.”

He felt his robes becoming wet but didn’t care. He kissed her forehead. “Do you want to talk about this at home?” he asked.

She nodded and kissed him before he left.

Harry returned to his desk and let out a heavy sigh. He sank into his seat and took his glasses off. He rubbed his face with his hands, feeling even more frustrated.

“This isn’t fair,” he muttered.

“What isn’t fair?”

Harry lowered his hands and saw Ron standing outside his cubicle.

“Nothing Ron, nothing,” Harry waved it off and put his glasses on again.

“Are you sure? You and Ginny haven’t been yourselves lately,” Ron sat down in an extra chair.

“Everything’s just great Ron! Really great! Been trying since bloody January and it is June and nothing! Absolutely nothing. Tried everything and nothing’s worked, might as well give up. It’s just not going to happen,” Harry suddenly burst.

Ron stared at him in shock and confusion. He leaned forward and seemed to be choosing his words carefully.

“Are you and Ginny having a row?” he asked. Harry shook his head.

“No, we’re not,” Harry sighed. “It’s just . . . it’s nothing Ron. Look I have a lot of work to do,” Harry said.

“Yeah, sure mate,” Ron stood up. He made to leave and stopped. He turned to look at Harry. “You two are coming to the Burrow for Father’s Day aren’t you?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, we’ll be there.”

Ron smiled and left.

Harry let out another sigh and dreaded the weekend.


* * * * *


On Sunday morning Harry woke up and groaned. It was Father’s Day and for the first time in his life, he didn’t want to go the Burrow. All the men were going to be celebrated except for him and he really didn’t want to participate in it. It would only make Ginny cry and make him even more jealous.

He rolled over to reach for Ginny only to find blankets. He sat up and reached for his glasses and found her nowhere in the room and finally noticed that the water was on. He sighed and fell back into bed. He was worried about her. She was pale and emotional and she was getting sick. Harry knew it was due to all the stress they were under and he wished there was something he could do about it. Harry finally decided to get out of bed.

The door to the washroom opened and Ginny stepped out. She smiled at him.

“Good morning,” she greeted him and kissed his cheek. He raised his eyebrows at her.

“You’re awfully cheery this morning. In fact this is the happiest I’ve seen you in a few months,” Harry said. She smiled again.

“It’s Father’s Day, it’s supposed to be a happy day,” Ginny replied and pushed past him. Harry stared after her before taking his own shower.

After he had showered and dressed, he found Ginny in the kitchen making breakfast. She wore a smile on her face and was humming happily. She spotted him as she set a plate on the table.

“Good, hurry up. Mum’s expecting us at ten,” Ginny ushered him to the table and sat down herself.

He watched her in amazement as she ate, in obviously much better spirits.

“Love, are you okay?” he asked. She looked up at him and nodded.

“Tuck in, tuck in,” she urged him and went back to her own breakfast.

Before Harry knew it, they were once again at the Burrow and wishing all his brother-in-laws a Happy Father’s Day.

He gave Ron a brotherly hug and was aware of Ginny staring at him.

“Happy Father’s Day Ron,” Harry said. Ron beamed at glanced at his now five month old son in Hermione’s arms.

Ginny burst into tears.

“Oh Harry!” she threw her arms around his neck and buried her head in his chest. Harry hated to see her like this. He didn’t want to see her cry and he wanted to know why he couldn’t get her pregnant. This was a bad idea and they should just go home.

“I’m so sorry,” she mumbled as everyone stared at them.

“Don’t be sorry, it’s not your fault,” he said. Ginny lifted her head to look at him.

“I should have told you, but I never had the chance to. I didn’t know what to say,” Ginny went on. His heart sank. It was true. She couldn’t have a baby. They weren’t able to have children.

“It’s okay. We’ll find another way,” he tried to assure her that things would be okay while trying not to cry.

“I’m pregnant.”

Harry pulled away from her. “Wh-what?”

She was crying and wore a huge smile. He grinned and felt like shouting out in joy. They were having a baby! He was finally going to be a father.

“With twins.”

His smile faded and his eyes grew wide.

“Twins?” he croaked. Ginny nodded.

He suddenly felt like fainting and sank into the nearest seat.

“Twins?” he asked again, his voice still hoarse. Ginny laughed through her tears and took his hand in hers then placed in on her stomach. He was surprised to find that there was a very slight bump, unnoticeable by the eye and only noticeable when one was sliding their hand down her stomach. It was a very slight rise but a very clear sign that she was pregnant.

“You’re showing?” he asked, bewildered.

“Yes, twins can show as early as four weeks according to the Healer. It’s two babies and there isn’t a lot of space in there,” she explained.

“How did that happen?” he asked. She gave him a strange look.

“Well you see dear when a man and a woman fall in love —”

“I know that part!” he said. “I mean, when did you know? How long? What — ? Wow.”

“I knew a week ago,” she said.

“A week ago?”

She nodded.

“I took the test after you left and it was positive and I was just so happy. I mean we’ve been trying for months and finally it happened,” she began to rant.

“Wait a minute, you knew when I asked you in your office?” he asked. “But you were crying.”

“Because I was happy! After all those negative tests, we finally got a positive one and I just couldn’t help but cry. I saw a Healer the next day—”

“Without me?” Harry was disappointed about this.

“Well I wanted to make sure and if I was wrong I didn’t want to break your heart, but I went and she said I was and then she checked me out. Harry I’m nearly nine weeks in, nine weeks! If only I had taken a test earlier we would have known and it would have saved us so much trouble. And she heard two heartbeats and said it was twins, and oh Harry, I’ve never been happier!”

Ginny was bawling now, still wearing a smile. “I’m pregnant with our children. I was so ready to give up and I just can’t believe this is finally happening.”

Harry couldn’t help it. He pulled her onto his lap and cried. He kissed her full on the lips and hugged her tightly.

“You’re the most beautiful, most amazing woman ever. I love you so much,” he said. Ginny smiled and kissed him. He glanced down at her stomach and put a hand on the small bulge, wondering how long it would be until it was very noticeable. Two babies were in there, their babies. They didn’t make just one, they made two.

“And I love you two very much as well. I can’t wait to meet you both,” he said and kissed her stomach. He looked back at his wife and smiled lovingly at her. “Thank you, Ginny.”

She smiled.

“Hem, hem.”

The parents-to-be were so caught up in their news they forgot that their whole family was there.

The whole Weasley clan were wearing smiles and the women looked very excited.

“So I take it that we should also be celebrating Harry today as well,” Arthur said. Ginny nodded.

“Yes, we should.”

Cheers filled the house and the couple found themselves being engulfed in hugs. Voices were already shouting out advice to them and asking questions along with shouts of congratulations and other well wishes. After all the excitement died down, the celebrations that Molly had planned went on, and now included Harry.

Later that afternoon, Harry was sitting on the sofa and Ginny was curled up next to him. He had his arm around her and couldn’t stop smiling. He glanced down at her stomach and something hit him.

“When are they due?” he asked. Ginny looked up at him.

“January 10,” Ginny replied. He smiled and kissed her.

“Do you have any idea of how happy I am?” he asked, rubbing her stomach lovingly. She laughed.

“I think I have a good idea,” she replied. “Dad.”

He smiled.

“Mum,” he replied and kissed her.


* * * * *


It was a year from that day when Harry found out about their twins. He woke up in the morning, a smile spreading on his face as he realized it was Father’s Day. As always, he turned to reach out for Ginny only to find her not to be in bed. He opened his eyes and smiled.

Five month old Samantha and Aaron were on the bed, smiling at him. His daughter had inherited her father’s hair while Aaron had his mother’s and they both had Ginny's eyes. Harry had been able to tell moments after their birth that they were going to a handful and cause a lot of mischief when they got older.

Samantha reached out for him and cooed happily and soon Aaron was following her. Harry sat up and picked up both of his children. He had become on expert in holding two babies at once.

“How did you two get in here?” he asked and kissed the tops of their heads. They both looked up at him, smiling at him and babbling. Harry laughed and mimicked their babbling.

“Aw, isn’t that cute. Daddy’s learning to talk.”

Harry looked up and saw Ginny standing in the doorway.

“Very funny. Ha. Ha,” Harry rolled his eyes at her. Ginny smiled and made her way towards him. She picked up Samantha and kissed the top of her black haired head then sat down on the side of the bed.

“Strangest thing happened this morning,” Harry said, adjusting Aaron in his arms. “I woke up and found two babies in my bed. Wonder why they came from?”

“Harry, do I have to explain the facts of life to you again?” Ginny teased. Harry stuck his tongue out at her.

“I’d rather that you show me,” he replied cheekily. Ginny raised her eyebrows at him.

“So randy in the morning,” she said. He grinned.

“Can’t help it when I have such a sexy woman in front of me,” he replied. Ginny gave him a coy smile.

“Perhaps I can show you when we get these two down for their nap,” she suggested. He glanced at the clock.

“I can change all the clocks and we can put them down now,” he said, waggling his eyebrows at her. Ginny giggled and rolled her eyes at him. She sat up and shifted Samantha to one arm and took Aaron from Harry.

“Come on kids, let’s go make Daddy a special breakfast,” she said then leaned over and kissed Harry.

“Happy Father’s Day,” she said.

He smiled and replied. “Thank you for making me one.”
Reviews 32
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear