Search:

SIYE Time:8:21 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


April Showers Bring May Flowers
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 9
Summary: Harry has a surprise for Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5086







ChapterPrinter


After the battle that once and for all defeated Voldemort, the wizarding world had a chance to celebrate. But the two people that had the most reason to celebrate were Ginny Weasley and Harry Potter. For two years they kept their relationship a secret so that Ginny would not be in danger if Voldemort were to find out, and finally after the smoke was cleared they could be publicly affectionate.

The first thing they did was go out to party due to the amount of stress that was on them for a long time. While enjoying all the glitz and glamour that came with Harry’s name, Harry had a very important announcement to make.

“Ginny, you have put up with me when I was in one of my many moods. When I questioned this relationship you would always reply with the saying, April showers bring May flowers . You never really explained it to me so here is my own conclusion: The war was a tough time and finally we are free to be ourselves, you are my flower, my Gin-Blossom, so with that said I have one question for you…..”

Harry looking visibly nervous, got down on one knee.

“Gin-Blossom, will you do the honor of saying that you will take me as your husband?”

Ginny started to cry, which Harry started to look more nervous and the in barely a wisper Ginny replied

“Harry nothing would make me happier then to become your wife”

Harry started to grin, and with a jump he came to full height and claimed the lips of his new fiancé. One of his hands quickly found his spot entangled in his hair and the other found his wand in which gave a quick flick. The restaurant gave away to the Burrow, but it wasn’t the same Burrow, this one was quiet.

As the newly engaged couple separated they started to walk to the front door. They walked in quietly so they don’t wake anyone. Ginny was curious due to the fact that the Burrow always had someone awake. She let go of Harry and went into the kitchen. She heard a small “pop” and whipped around with her wand at the ready. Harry was gone but there laid in his place was a note. Fearing the worst she picked it up.

Dearest Ginny,
You have made me the happiest man in the world right now. I can’t wait til we walk down the aisle and become husband and wife. But right now the surprises are not over. In this parchment holds a clue to where I am, find what it is and you will find me. Good Luck!

Love, Harry

Ginny had a small smile as she turned the parchment around to hunt for this hidden clue. It was an old piece of parchment so she was very careful to not rip it. She took out her wand and started to put charms on it to reveal the clue. After 20 minutes another note appeared where Harry had once stood. She opened it and laughed at what it read

Gin,
It is not that hard to locate this clue, but I will give you a hint. The clue is hidden in the words that were said by my forefathers.

Harry

She grinned at the silliness of herself to not realize that the parchment is the same parchment she had seen in the last two years of Hogwarts. She brandished her wand and said the words that would soon locate her beloved.

“I solemnly swear I am up to no good”

Harry’s original note began to vanish as lines started to appear on the parchment. She quickly glanced at the Maurader’s Map and saw that Harry was standing in the Great Hall of Hogwarts. She quickly flicked her wand and apperated to Hogsmead to begin her small trek to Hogwarts. Upon coming into the foyer of the school a sudden noise made her jump.

*CRACK*

Ginny looked around to see what that was. She didn’t notice anything different till she looked down. Replaced was her green dress robes to a form fitting white gown. Her hair was changed from a braid to loosely curly hair spotted with diamonds. She was mystified. She took a couple of steps and Harry suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Took you long enough”

“Hey some of us are not as brilliant as you”

“You look gorgeous, and I think I have the perfect accessory to go with that dress”

With that said, He took out a ring that left Ginny breathless. It was a ring, but just not any ring, this ring was platinum with a curved square diamond in the middle. On either side of the diamond was a ruby and a emerald. She gasped at it and was shocked.

“This ring was my mom’s, she gave it to Dumbledore before she died and he gave it to me before he died. This ring was really special to her because my Dad had picked it out for her just when I was born. She never got a proper engagement ring so this was make up for that. She didn’t really want a engagement ring, but this one was special it was designed by my dad. I hope you like it.”

Harry had said that in one breath, so Ginny knew that he was nervous

“Harry, this is the most wonderful thing I could get, you are the most wonderful man, for being so creative in all the things you do.”

With that said Harry broke out into the biggest grin ever and put the ring on. Before he could say anything else, Ginny gave him the gentlest kiss that put him on cloud nine.

Harry pulled away and felt dazed, but then he remembered that the surprise was far from over. He pulled Ginny close and wispered in her ear.

"I wish that we could get married right now, I just want to be yours forever and ever"

Ginny started to get tears in her eyes and said in a throaty voice.

"Lets do, I want to read all the newspapers that say ' Sorry Girls... The-Boy-Who-Lived-That-Now-Is-A-Man is Taken' and know that you were all mine"

Harry broke away and took a step back from Ginny and said in a mysterious voice

"April showers bring may flowers"

Then he walked away. Ginny tried to follow but there was a visible wall that blocked the way. Suddenly Ginny was in her old dorm room. There were dozens of candles and a bouquet of red roses. Next to the roses was a note. Ginny picked it up and sat on her old bed. She read the note and while she did she got more mystified then before.

My Gin-Blossom,

Okay, here is the last clue in this little game. Go look into the mirror and say my name 3 times, when you do, the clue will be shown.

Your Beloved, Harry

Ginny slowly got up, as she passed the roses she didn't notice that they turned into a bouquet of lilies all lose and carefree. When she got to the mirror she said "Harry" three times and the door opened. Ginny turned around and in came Hermione.

Hermione looked beautiful in a dark green strapless gown and her hair all tamed in a fancy knot on the top of her head. Now Ginny was more confused then ever.

"Hermione what are you doing here?

Hermione took one look at her and started to laugh, it took her a whole 10 minutes to stop.

"What do you think I am doing here?"

"I don't know, that is why I am asking you."

Hermione just smiled and took the boquet and turned and left. Ginny was getting mad. She turned her back to the door, and started to think. She did not here the incantation the Hermione said when she did this. Hermione called from the Common Room after a few minutes of letting Ginny collect herself.

"Ginny hurry up, we are going to be late"

Ginny whipped around and started for the common room. When she did so she got an unexpected surprise in the mirror. Her lovely white gown had turned into a full skirted off the sholder wedding dress. Complete with light green leaves and yellow and pink roses. Her hair was put up in a updo with curls coming out of it. In the middle of the mass of hair was a crown. Ginny was breathless
she was shocked.

Hermione came in a few moments later and was just smiling. Ginny did not know what to say. She just looked at her dress and hair and finally her shoes which were litte slippers that felt like big wholly socks. Hermione finally walked up behind her best friend and spoke the words that brought thrill to Ginny's heart.

"Come on Ginny, lets go to your wedding"

They slowly proceded down the stairs to where all her brothers was standing. Ginny looked at them questioningly. Ginny's favorite brother Bill was the first to over come the emotions of seeing his baby sister.

"Instead of just dad walking you down the asile, Harry thought that it would be fun for all of us to escort you."

Ginny loved that idea, because each one of them had helped raise her and made her her own unique person. She thought that there was not other was of doing so.

Ginny, her escorts and matron-of-honor (Hermione and Ron had gotten married admist the war and had a little girl named Hailee) all started to proceed down the many staircases. When they got to the foyer there were tiny strains of Canon in D coming from the Great Hall. They slowly walked up to the doors.

Hermione took her place behind all the escorts and bridesmaid. Ginny glanced at them and relized that they were all the friends that Harry and Ginny had made at Hogwarts.

The doors started to open and Ginny got a glimpse of the Great Hall. She gasped at the beautifulness of it all. Instead of the four tables there were rows of chairs, The runner on the floor was white and the flower girl was now throwing crimson petals upon it. She looked up to the ceiling and it was a deep blue sky with stars that look like diamonds. Ginny then noticed that instead of the floating candles that usually graced the hall there were crystal candalabra that gave it a old-world charm.

Ginny then noticed that it was her time to walk down the aisle, SHe wondered where her father was, but soon noticed that there was a arm that wad being offered to be taken. It was BIll. In fact all her brothers had taken places down the long aisle so that she could walk with all of them. Ginny felt tears come to her eyes at the thoughtfulness of it all.

"Don't cry Ginny, enjoy today, you and Harry deserve it more than any two people I know"

"Thank you Bill"

They began there procession down the asile and came upon Charlie. Bill took Ginny's arm and placed it into Charlie's. Charlie had a glint in his eye that spoke to Ginny telling her how proud he was of her. Following Charlie was then Percy who looked so proud to walk her down the asile that she was starting to tear up. The twins didn't even joke when it came to their turn. But the worst of it all came when she got to Ron. When her arm was in his, he spoke these words that touched her heart.

"Ginny, you have been the best sister a brother could ever ask for. I don't know anyone who deserves you better then Harry. Enjoy life and remember I will always be there, we all will."

Ginny then realized that all her brothers had been following after she left their arms. She then realized that she was at the alter. She gave each of them a kiss on the cheek, and went to the arms of her beloved.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen"

Ginny began to feel the tears pucker at the corner of her eyes. She turned to face the officiant, to realize that is was her dad.

"Today we are her to celebrate the joining of lives to these two young people. Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley. They are the most deserving couple that should ever be wedded. They have been a couple for two years where they have done nothing but fight for the good of the wizarding world. Harry would like to say something before we would proceed."

Harry took a deep breath

"Ginny, I know this is all a surprise to you, but I wanted to take all the stress off of you by planning the wedding in surprise. This is to show you how special you are to me, and how much I care, so will you do this honor of marrying me."

Ginny wept openly for the beautifulness of his words.

"Harry, this is the most wonderful thing you have done for me. I thought that is was wonderful at the restaurant when you asked me to become your wife, but now this, I love you so much, and I can't wait to become your wife."

Mr. Weasley tried to hold back his tears while he continued his speech.

"Harry and Ginny have chosen to speak their vows in their own words, even those spoken before show a lot to me"

"Ginny, you are my light. You are there for me whenever I need you. You wouldn't give up on this relationship, even if it put you into danger. You knew that love would beat out hatred in the end so you loved with all your might. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I can never repay you for all that you have done to help me survive. I love you and I can't wait for you and I to be together."

Ginny now had tears rolling down her face, and she tried her hardest not to cry through what she had to say.

"Harry, you have been my knight in shining armor since I was 4. You saved me when I was in trouble and you didn't even need a reason why to do so. You have a giving heart and you love unconditionally, I am so happy that you are to be my husband, you bring more joy to my life then you could never know."

Arthur was now wiping his tears on a handkercheif as was the rest of the congregation.

"Now may I have the rings"

Hermione put Harry's in Arthur's hand asn Ron put Ginny's. He took his wand and said a couple of words under his breath, The rings then glowed blue then orange and then a bright red.

"The spell that was placed on the rings is a bonding spell, it allows the wearers to be bonded emotionally forever."

Harry and Ginny each took the others and placed it on each others ring fingers.

"Now the couple have to saw their vows. Do you both promise to love, respect and comfort each other? Do you promise to reamin not only close lovers but as best friends? Promisr to take care of the other if they are ill? Say I Do."

"I Do" "I Do"

Arthur looked down for a moment and noticed that the flower arrangement had a single pick tulip in it. He had a inspiration and looked up at the guests and smiled"

"Over the years I have heard Ginny telling Harry that April Showers bring May Flowers. Harry seemed to understand, but I was left for a loop. I finally got it today. No matter how bad things get, in the end there will always be something better. No two people deserve this more then them, They fought against he-who-must-not-be-named, and learned to love through all the hatred. I am not just standing here as the Minister of Magic, but as a father. And all I am saying id that I am proud to tell this couple that with the power invested in me by the Ministry of Magic, that Harry and Ginny are now husband and wife. He can now kiss the bride."

Harry took Ginny into his arms and slowly kissed her lips, It was tiny but very passionate., THe couple then turned around and faced the guests, and heard the words that were the biggest May Flowers of all"

"And now It is my honor to present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Harry James Potter"

Together Harry and Ginny took the first steps into their new life. It was going to be magical.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear