Search:

SIYE Time:20:42 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Ony Love
By Adriel

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Ginny is angry at Mr. Potter for being so oblivious, while drowningin her love for him. Harry is acting strangely...can he learn to open up?
How a week can change a life- how Harry learns to open up- how they both find the random beauty of living.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3734







ChapterPrinter


January 24, 1996, 12:23 p.m.

Ginny Weasley felt a familiar sensation whirling around in her body. It happened whenever she was this near to him. Yes, it made her want to scream, cry, inflict pain on herself or others, but, most of all, it made her want to touch him, to kiss him senseless, to make him see what a fool he is.

Ginny Weasley is extremely talented. Like every day, she did not do any of those things. She sat quietly, eating dull food, listening to her dull friends talk about dull things, all the while concentrating on his every move; on everything he said. Suddenly she felt sick. Why did she have to do this? It made her feel awful, useless. Him just sitting over there, oblivious, while she tortured herself. She had to get away.

Ginny got up from the table, very quickly, and began to run. But she was not paying attention, because...

Ginny knocked into a figure, and felt very annoyed at whatever was in her way. "MOVE!" she cried, then looked up, from her place on the ground at the figure. She couldn't breathe. She would never forgive herself for this. She felt panic rising up in her whole body, and then, saw no more.

January 25, 1996 5:54 a.m.

"She is such a weak little thing! I'd venture to guess she hasn't had a full meal in a month!" Came a female voice.

"That's awful. I thought she'd been looking a little stressed lately." Came a soft, singsong baritone voice. One she knew very well.

"O My God!" Ginny cried out, before she even opened her eyes. "NO! This can't be happening!"

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"What are you doing here?" Ginny asked him.

He looked taken aback. "I, well... you fainted...."

"I assumed as much." Ginny said cooly. "Why are you here now...when you never pay me any mind usually?" Ginny was shocked she had said it. She felt mortified at first, but then glad. Who did he think he was, anyway?

"Uh, Ginny..I never meant.." Harry was rambling. He was embarresed and rambling. But what else was in his voice?

"Potter, out! Weasley needs her medicines!" And he was ussured out the door, still looking embarresed, and also wearing another look. A look Ginny knew well from looking at her own face in the mirror every day. Hurt.

Ginny watched him go, and, for the first time in her life, was glad to.

January 26, 1996, 1:39 a.m.

Ginny Weasley was angry at Harry Potter. Angry and very confused. It was the first time she had felt something besides awe, love or longing towards the boy.

Ginny was so lost in her thoughts that January evening, that she lost track of time. Why was he there, in the hospital wing, waiting for her to wake up? He never paid too much attention to her usually. It aggravated her. Yet, she was glad he had been there. Of course she was glad. She’s in love with the boy! Ginny felt so frustrated. She was annoyed by her love for a boy that didn’t see. She could be a normal girl living a normal life. She could date. She could be happy. But no, not her. Not Ginny. Softly, Ginny began to cry.

After a few minutes, Ginny felt her body sunk into the couch, the pillow beneath her face soaked. Through a strand of feiry red hair, her sparkling brown eyes stared at the fire. Suddenly, she heard footsteps from the dorms.

“Ginny? What are you doing up?”

Him. Ginny froze. She turned the pillow over and wiped her eyes.

“I’m just off to bed.” She said, not looking at him

“No!” he said hurriedly. “The worst thing is being the only one up.”

“What?” She said, looking at him with puzzlement.

“Not being able to sleep. I don’t sleep much.” Harry said, shrugging. “The worst part about it is knowing everyone else is asleep.”

“I didn’t know you had trouble sleeping!” said Ginny.

“It’s not such a big deal.” Harry said, sitting next to her. He looked tired. “Will you stay up with me? Just for tonight?” His green eyes pleaded with her.

“Of course.” She said gently.

“Thanks.” He said.

Hey sat in silence for a few minutes. Then-

“About the other day, I was worried when you passed out.” He said quietly. “I know what its like to be in the hospital wing. And I don’t mean to ignore you, even though I know I do. I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right, Harry.” Ginny said gently. "I won't pretend that you don't hurt me, becasue you do. I have nothing to hide from you now, my pride and dignity is gone, maybe i just never had any." Ginny sighed. "I love you deeply and I always have, Ive triend to stop it but i cant, im overwhelmed and bewildered by it, and im sorry, I know its wrong, what right do I have." Ginny looked down, blinking away at the pain of fresh tears. At least she had finally said it.

When she finally looked up, he was gazing at her quietly, with a look of focused concern on his face. She would never forget that look. CLosing his eyes, one tear slid out.

"No." he whispered. laying his head in her lap, he began to cry.

Ginny watched him and she played with his beautiful raven hair. She layed with him until they both fell asleep in restlessness.

February 1, 1996 2:03 p.m.

He had been avoiding her, She knew it was becasue he was embarresed about crying in front of her. Stupid vain, proud boy. She poured her soul out and all he could think of was himself. she was supposed to be in charms, but she weasleyed her way out of it by confusing poor flitwick. Sitting against the cold stone, she sighed and let her emotions fall. She fell to the floor.

her eyes fluttered and she heard footsteps. damn. damn. damn. damn. propping her head up, She say Harry sitting next to her. She looked straight in his eyes and was too overcome with his emotion to keep her head up. She lay on the cold stone, her eyes fluttering, her mind whirling.

Suddnely, he was laying next to hear. she felt his breath. he put his arms around her and said, "I alwasy knew i loved you, i never knew how to show it. I creid for you last night, for the pain i caused you."

She truned in his embrace and they were pressed against each other; it felt like the only right place she had ever been. He kissed her and pulled her closer. She could stay here forever. God, she could die right now and be happy.

He breathed deeply, Ginny could see tears glistening on his eyelashes- or were they her tears?

"My only love."
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear