Search:

SIYE Time:5:03 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Christmas Wish
By Sleepy

- Text Size +

Category: Christmas Challenge (2003-6)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: Christmas Challenge Fic Beta'd by Katieay!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4638







ChapterPrinter


December was deathly cold as always at Hogwarts and most students had gone home. In fact, only four students remained in Gryffindor Tower. The fire was dying down and only a few glowing embers remained. Two people sat on a sofa in front of the fire, not talking but taking great comfort in the others company and so it had been since September first. The dark haired boy would be joined by the red haired girl in the small hours of the morning, neither feeling the need to speak.

The other two occupants of the tower were often found on their own now that their best friend sat brooding - not that they blamed him; he had been through so much over the last six years and his seventh so far had gone smoothly, almost frighteningly so, enough to have this couple worried. “Couple.” She often thought that would be nice but as yet she still hadn’t told her best friend how she felt. Maybe it was time. They left school in June and then who knew what could happen? Could she live her life with that kind of regret?

“Couple,” he thought “yeah that sounded good” but where his Gryffindor bravery had vanished to, he had no idea. He left school in just over six months and then what would happen? She was the smartest witch he knew, she’d most probably go off abroad and work for some foreign ministry. No, the time to tell her was now! Well maybe not right this minute - but soon. Maybe tomorrow, when they decorated the Christmas tree in the common room with Harry and Ginny. Yes that’s what Ron was going to do, he was going to tell Hermione how he felt about her. He wasn’t sure how yet but it was now or never as they say. He just had to think of a way to do this right; ‘operation Christmas wish.’ Ginny could help him with this, it was something they had done when they were little and just maybe it would work. Now to find Ginny. Ron sat up in his bed, he couldn’t go up to her dorm now because of the alarms on the girls stairs. He’d have to wait until the morning, something he didn’t want to do because it was Christmas Eve tomorrow and he had to make sure Ginny would help him with his plan. “Pig!” he shouted. Jumping up, he grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill and scribbled a note to Ginny.

Gin-Gin,
I need your help! This is really important! Remember ‘OPERATION CHRISTMAS WISH’?
You’ve got to help Ginny, you just have to. This is my last chance to tell Hermione how I feel before it’s to late. Please, please, please, please, please help me!
You’re ever loving not over protective brother,
Ron.


Ron tied the note to Pig’s leg and told him to take it to Ginny. Ron walked down to the common room knowing he would find Harry there, he was always there. It was like he never slept at least in his bed anymore.

Ginny was startled when Harry spoke. They never spoke at night, just found comfort in the other being close.

“Gin what would you wish for if you could have anything in the world?”

Ginny sat there for a while thinking about what he had asked.

“I’m not sure Harry how about you? What would you wish for?”

“Easy. A normal life with a normal family,”

Ginny didn’t know what to say. She would be wishing for the same thing she did last year, for Harry to be happy, but she couldn’t tell him that.

“Normal Harry? There’s no such thing as a normal family in the wizarding world, have you seen mine?”

Ginny said with a chuckle, Harry turned to face her, a small smile gracing his face. Small for Harry but it was the brightest thing she’d seen on his face since Sirius had well…it hurt her to much to think about what had happened that awful night. She knew how she felt at losing a friend but Sirius had been so much more to Harry.

“True Gin, very true, but it’s about as normal as any wizarding family I’ve ever seen,”

Just then, Pig came flapping down the boys staircase and began chirping merrily around Ginny’s head.

“You sure about that Harry? Stupid bird. Get here,”

Ginny said as she tried to snatch him up. Harry looked on in amusement as Ginny jumped up and down on the sofa narrowly missing Harry several times.

“Don’t just sit there laughing. Help me.”

Harry just laughed at the face Ginny was pulling but eventually, unable to refuse those sad brown eyes staring at him, Harry stood up and extended his had and snatched Pig on his first try.

“See that’s why you’re the seeker and not me, now stupid bird what are you doing flapping about at this time in the morning?”

Ginny asked as she looked at the parchment tied to fluffy owls leg. Ginny untied it and sat down as Harry let Pig go. She read the note and grinned.

“Oh this should be good. You up for following a Weasley tradition Harry?”

Harry just looked at her. She looked so alive, her eyes twinkling in the dark common room and her hair seemed to be almost on fire with the soft glow that came from the embers of the fire. When did she get so pretty? You idiot she always has been, you’ve just been fooling yourself into thinking of her as a sister.

“Err depends on the tradition Gin,”

“Oh this one’s good Harry. Ron and I used to do this every year until he came to school.”

“What is it then?”

“Operation Christmas Wish.”

Harry just looked at her blankly so Ginny elaborated.

“Right Ron and I used to tell each other what we wanted most for Christmas. It could be anything from who we sat next to at dinner or who should get stuck under the mistletoe with Bill or Charlie. Ron wants help with a certain witch this year so it looks like it’s time to reinstitute the old traditions, what do you say? You up for it?”

“I…maybe I’ll help get those two together anyway.”

Ginny just grinned at him and went to greet Ron at the bottom of the stairs.

“Your on Ron. Have you got a plan?”

“Err…how come you’re up?”

“Couldn’t sleep. So do you have a plan?”

“Not really no, any ideas?”

“Yeah, why don’t you just get her under the mistletoe Ron, it is tradition after all and once you kiss her senseless you can tell her how you feel,” Harry supplied.

“Yeah right and it’s that easy mate. I’d like to see you try it,”

Harry just grinned.

“You never know I just might,”

Ginny raised any eyebrow before saying,

“Oh and who would you like to get under the mistletoe Mr Potter?”

“That’d be telling Ms Weasley,”

Ginny pouted and Ron laughed

“So what do you want me to sort out for you Gin-Gin?”

Ginny blushed and hid her head but didn’t say anything,

“Awwwwwww come one Gin tell me,”

“No Ron I don’t think so. I’ll just make my wish on the Christmas star, if it’s meant to be it will be. Right well I’m off to find some mistletoe you two find a tree,”

And with that Ginny stood up and dashed through the portrait hole, leaving Ron and Harry staring after her.

“So…erm…right so…,”

“Come on Ron, out with it,”

“Erm did Ginny tell you who I…that is who,”

“No she said a certain witch. I’m guessing you mean out mutual best friend.”

Harry watched as the tips of Ron’s ears turned red,

“You don’t mind? I mean you don’t…what I mean is…,”

“Calm down Ron, Hermione’s more like a sister than anything else. I don’t feel the same way about her as you do, I just hope this stops the fights. It’s a bit annoying watching you two dance around each other all the time.”

Ron just stood there his mouth slightly open.

“What do you mean?” He asked indignantly.

“I mean…never mind, you’ll find out for yourself sooner or later. Come on lets find a tree,”

Harry stood up and walked towards the portrait hole.

“Morning you two!” Hermione said cheerily from behind them, stopping their trek out of the common room. “Have you seen Ginny? She isn’t in her room.”

“Err…she’s off on a mission, she’ll be back soon. Speaking of missions, come on Ron we need to find a tree.”

“There’s one in the cupboard upstairs, Harry. There’s decorations as well. Hang on I’ll go and get them, then we can go down to breakfast,”

Hermione said as she dashed back up the stairs. She was back five minutes later with a rather tatty looking plastic tree and a box of decorations.

“The tree isn’t up to much, but I’m sure with a spell or two it should be ok,”

“Ooooooooo great you guys found a tree!” Ginny said, climbing back through the Portrait Hole.

“Actually, Hermione did. We’re just going down to breakfast are you coming?” Harry asked.

“I think you two need to put some clothes on first. I’m not sure McGonagall would like to see the pair of you dressed like that.”

Harry looked at Ron and then back at himself and grinned before dashing back up the boys staircase and into the seventh year boys dorm.



The day was spent trying to make the sad looking plastic Christmas tree look decent. By dinner time they had a lovely bushy green plastic tree that just needed decorating. With that in mind, the four friends set off to the Great Hall for their dinner. Eating quickly, like little children who were excited about Santa coming, they raced each other back up to Gryffindor Tower.

“Last one to the Fat lady has to kiss Peeves!”

Ginny shouted after her as she rounded the corner, leaving the others a corridor behind. Harry, Ron and Hermione sprinted off to catch her throwing hexes as they went. In the end it was everyone for themselves, but after a few hexes too many, they ended up helping each other as they’d all been hit with jelly legs at least once.
After reching the common room and calming down for a while, they started decorating the tree and at nearly midnight it was time for the star to go on.

“Ron you should do it,” Hermione suggested.

“Nope Ginny does it at home because she’s the youngest,” Ron said, looking at his sister.

“I think you should do it Harry,” Ginny smiled up at him.

“Yeah go on Harry,” they all said together.

Harry looked at his three friends and grinned as he stood on his tip toes to put the star on the top of the tree. As Ron and Hermione were watching Harry, Ginny magically fixed the mistletoe above Hermione’s head; once it was in place Ginny elbowed Ron and used her head to show Ron the mistletoe. Ron took a deep breath and Ginny pulled Harry to one side as discreetly as she could, but not far enough away so they couldn’t see what was going on. Ron looked up at the mistletoe and Hermione followed his eyes, blushing slightly when she realised she stood under a piece of mistletoe that she was certain wasn’t there before. Ron bent his head as Hermione stood on tip toes to meet him half way, their lips touched only slightly. Ron stepped back a little to look into her eyes before putting his arms around her waist and pulling her close, his lips covering hers. Harry stood there in shock for a few moments before he turned to Ginny and grinned.

“So that’s one wish come true. Going to tell me what yours is?”

“No, haven’t made one yet.”

Harry was just going to say something when they heard Ron whistle.

“Hermione I err… what it is…Ireallylikeyouhavedoneforages,”

“Sor ry what was that?”

“I really like you have done for ages,”

Ron whispered, looking at his shoes. Hermione blushed, but he missed it all because he was still looking at his shoes.

“Well I’m glad Ron because I really like you too,”

Hermione replied just a quietly as Ron. If Harry and Ginny hadn’t been aware they were talking they would have missed both comments completely. Harry clapped his hands loudly and shouted,

“About bloody time”

Ron and Hermione turned brilliant shades of red before looking into each others eyes, Harry turned to Ginny and whispered,

“Care to help make another wish come true?”

“And what would that be and who would I be helping?”

“Me and I’ve wanted to do this for ages,”

Harry said as he pulled Ginny close to him and kissed her on the lips. Harry could here the cat calls from Ron but didn’t care, he had Ginny in his arms and he was kissing her and she was kissing him back. When had he decided to kiss her, he didn’t know but he was very glad he had. This was the best thing he’d ever done. He stepped away from Ginny and looked into her eyes, she was smiling,

“Happy Christmas Gin.”

“Happy Christmas Harry.”

“Is there something you forgot to tell me Harry?”

Harry whipped round suddenly, remembering they weren’t alone in the common room, and grinned at Ron,

“Err…no mate I don’t think so, why?”

Ron and Hermione just smiled and looked at their friend.

“What he means is did you forget to inform your two best friends you were planning on doing that?”

“No but you’ll have to get used to it I plan on doing it a lot more. That is if you don’t mind Gin?”

Ginny didn’t say anything, she just snaked her arms around Harry’s neck and stood on her tip toes to plant a soft kiss on his lips just as Hermione did the same to Ron. The two new couples were unaware of the first snow of Christmas falling outside the window or the Christmas star twinkling brighter than ever in the distance.
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear