Search:

SIYE Time:17:10 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Other Worldly Beasts
By Seeker_Quill07

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, General, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 26
Summary: There is no prophecy. Harry is an orphan who joins the wizarding world at 16. James and Lily are dead. Sirius and Remus are alive. Voldemort was vanquished and resurrected. Strange beasts are attacking the world and Voldemort seems to have a plan that crosses the boundaries of the universe.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7289; Chapter Total: 832







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A.N: Thanks to Jui( FGHermione) for her amazing beta work.

CHAPTER 3

Ron Weasley liked this new boy, and he wasn’t lying when he said he would like a bloke to befriend. Seamus and Dean were good, but he didn’t quite connect with them. And after everything that happened in the first year, he spent the next year mostly with Hermione and Ginny. The girls were good friends and all. But a bloke always needs another bloke. Ron hoped he and Harry would connect, and he could see that the chap needed some good friends.

Ron’s musings were interrupted by a loud thump and the sound of someone screaming their head off.
The compartment opened and Neville entered, looking scared. He was a round-faced, blond-haired boy in the year below him. He was a friendly Gryffindor with all smiles.

“What is it, Neville?” asked Hermione.

More people could be heard screaming now. Harry got up from his seat, and Ginny, Luna and Hermione followed suit. Ron looked outside the compartment to see what was going on, but he couldn’t see anything except the heads of the people from other compartments craning to look at what was going on. Some first years were running, scared, into another compartment with seniors. Ron couldn’t blame them; with You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters going rampant outside, everyone was on edge on who was going to be the next victim.

“Some strange creatures “” Ron could hear the disgust in Neville’s voice “ “landed on the train. I was going to the front to inform the Aurors before they managed to get into the train. Thought you lot should know and try and get the firsties to this side of the train.” With that, he went outside and ran towards the front of the train.

“What do you think they are?” Ron asked Hermione and started outside the compartment.

“I didn't even see those creatures, how should I know?” said Hermione; she sounded panicky. “Okay, Luna, Ginny, you both go and inform the other prefects of the situation. We will go and send the younger kids this way.”

Though Ginny looked like she wanted to argue, she agreed and went in the other direction with Luna.
Hermione now turned towards Harry and said, “You can stay in the compartment. We can take care of this.”

Harry just raised his eyebrows, started forward and said, “Come on, the earlier we send the young ones to safety, the better,” Ron now liked Harry even more.

The sound of something heavy moving was coming from the top of the train. They started moving fast; it looked like there were many of these creatures on the train. Students were rushing towards them, all of them screaming. Ron, Hermione and Harry moved to the side to let them go. After the screaming students all went to the further side. Ron exchanged a nervous glance with the other two and started forward again.

After crossing a compartment, they understood why all of them were screaming bloody murder and running away.
There was something standing in the middle of the compartment: it was unlike anything he had ever seen. It had a grey and slimy body and four legs which looked equally slimy. It was facing away from them, towards another carriage, which was locked. The students inside looked scared out of their wits. And when Ron thought the creature couldn’t get any more disgusting, its head went inside its body and came out from its arse (at least that was what Ron thought it was). Its whole body sort of bubbled up and its legs started rotating, and it now faced them (didn't this bloody thing even have bones, thought Ron).

The creature's face looked grotesque with two lemon-sized holes that must be its nose, long sharp teeth, and a hideous violet coloured eye. With a sudden pop, another eye appeared beside it. Ron had a sudden urge to throw up; which he miraculously held in. Beside him, Hermione too appeared to be controlling herself, and Harry looked paler than normal.
The creature slowly started towards them, smelling the air (probably ensuring we are tasty enough, thought Ron frantically), and Ron pointed his wand at it and slowly started edging backward. The other two followed him. The unsaid plan was simple; get out of the compartment and lock the creature inside it.

Suddenly, the sound of a glass breaking came from the carriage behind them and another beast came inside. It looked even larger than the previous one. Harry immediately changed his position and faced the other beast, putting Hermione in the middle; looking scared but determined. Ron was liking him more and more.

“Didn't you say the glasses on the compartment walls have an unbreakable charm, Hermione?” said Ron, thinking of all the ways in which they could get out of this situation alive and coming up with none.

“Unbreakable charms only make them very, very strong Ron, the charm has its limits,” said Hermione, her voice shaky.

Well, there goes the plan of getting into any compartments and locking. The doors won't be hard to break if they have broken the windows of the compartment, thought Ron.

“Where are the bloody Aurors when you need them,” he said loudly.

“Language, Ron!” admonished Hermione automatically, as if on instinct.

“Is that what you are worried about now, Hermione? My language?” exclaimed Ron.

“I don't know about you, but I am not going down easily,” said Harry. Though he was looking like a tough nut outside, Ron could detect the slight shake in his voice.

“Well, let's attack and hope we can take them down,” said Ron, getting ready. “You lot in the other compartment try to distract them.”

The students in there started to bang on the compartment wall, producing a loud noise and the ugly creature’s eye popped back into its head with a squelch. Damn the bloody creature.

Ron took that moment to fire off a stunner, which didn’t do anything. He at least hoped the creature would slow down a little, but its eyes popped back again, and it gave a huge roar, accompanied by another from Harry’s side.

“Use fire or something like that,” said Harry, and a sound of whoosh reached his ear and from the corner of his eye he could see a gush of flames and the creature gave another shriek, but this time it sounded like pain and fear; at least he hoped so.

Incendio,” Ron and Hermione shouted in unison. Two jets of fire latched onto the creature, lighting it aflame, and the creature shrieked madly and started banging itself towards the walls of the carriage.
The people inside the other compartment cheered, but Hermione gasped, and Ron saw why. The creature was slowly absorbing the fire and its grey skin started to tinge red.
REDUCTO,” shouted Ron in panic and the jet of light hit the thing and a hole formed in its body, and its body parts flew outwards, but the hole was slowly healing itself and becoming whole again, and the bits of it which had fallen were coming together and forming another creature similar to the others, but small in size.

“Bugger,” exclaimed Hermione.

Hermione Granger swearing was so out of character that he was momentarily distracted; which was enough for the already enraged beast to lunge at him.

DEPULSO,” screamed Hermione. The banishing charm threw the creature a few feet away. Harry did the same thing on the other side, and slid a compartment open and entered it, waiting for both him and Hermione to enter and then shut it.

“What in the name of Merlin are those things?!” said Ron, pacing the compartment.

“I have never seen pictures of them in any book I have ever read,” said Hermione. It seemed like she didn’t like that very much.

“The door won't hold much longer. Other such creatures must have entered the train… the aurors must be battling with them. What shall we do?” asked Ron, turning towards Harry, who was looking at the window.

“I don't hear any more sounds above the train. Do you?” Harry asked. Now that he mentioned it, Ron couldn’t hear any sound.

“But that means all those things have entered the train. Oh! I hope someone knows how to destroy them,” said Hermione.

“Well, it also means there is nothing on the train, at least near us,” said Harry.

He couldn’t be thinking about that, but looking in his eyes, Ron was sure he was suggesting to get on the roof of the train. Hermione’s exclamation of “That is insane” confirmed it.

Just then, they heard a crack of the glass on the door. The creatures would be in the compartment in no time and devour them. Ron looked at Harry and nodded; Hermione too reluctantly agreed.
Harry slid open the window and gestured for Ron to climb, Ron swallowed and obliged. Ron quickly, struck his head out and pulled his body outside. Harry was holding his legs and ensuring he didn't fall down, Ron felt very lucky for being tall, he quickly got hold of the roof of the train and used it as a leverage to pull himself up, Harry gave additional support from below by giving his feet a support with his hands, though he looked thin he is quite strong.

Wind was blowing very fast and the sky was cloudy, and it was chilly outside. Ron felt a bit unsteady on his feet, there was thankfully nothing on the train.

“There's nothing here,” he called to them. He could hear another crack over the sound of the wind roaring, coming from the carriage.

Ron was very tense, Hermione struck her head outside looking very pale, she had never been fond of brooms and overly speeds. Ron bent down and gave his hands for her to latch onto. She got hold of them and Ron used all his strength to pull her and with the help of Harry from below Ron managed to pull her onto the train.
Then the sound of the door breaking reached Ron’s ears, “Harry, quick.”

Suddenly, Harry jumped out of the window, holding his wand out followed by that beast, Hermione shrieked in terror and Ron felt the blood draining from his face, Harry was pointing his wand to the train top and shouted, “ACCIO.” He was moving towards the train very quickly, Ron whooped, but the beast somehow managed to get his ankle. Harry hissed in pain, but luckily, it wasn't able to get a good hold of it and went tumbling down the tracks and into the water below the bridge.
Harry managed to climb the train, Ron and Hermione rushed forward to him, “That was bloody insane!!” Ron exclaimed.

“Are you okay?” asked Hermione, looking at his mangled ankle. “I am fine,” Harry said breathlessly, and started to get up, only to fall again.

“Yeah, you're looking fine,” Ron said sarcastically. Hermione, pointed her wand at his leg and said, “Ferula”
Bandages appeared out of thin air and wrapped themselves around his ankle. “Thanks,” he muttered, and stood with the help of Ron.

“Well, at least one of them is down,” said Ron, trying to see the best of the situation. Not even a moment later, the bigger one of the creature’s legs appeared, and then slowly its body came into view. The beast was snarling at them. Well, at the very least, these beasts aren’t very intelligent. A good banishing charm took care of it.

“Is it just me or the air is suddenly feeling very cold,” asked Harry.

“No it’s not just you; the air is suddenly very chilly,” said Hermione. “Come on, let's go forward and see what's happening down there.”

Shrieks could be heard from the further compartments. Harry pulled himself from Ron’s support and started towards the front. Ron was rather impressed to see that he managed to go a bit steady on his feet, though a tiny bit miffed. After exchanging a glance from Hermione, they started after him.

It was steadily getting colder, and the sky was getting very dim. Ron had a great feeling of foreboding; the cold seemed to crawl to his very bones. Both Hermione and Harry started shivering too, but Harry was also getting more unsteady. When Ron was about to go help him, Harry suddenly fell to his knees and was muttering,
“No… No…”

“Harry, you alright mate?” Ron asked, but he didn’t receive any response. Ron started slapping his cheeks lightly, but he seemed to be in his own world, which seemed painful if he took his muttering into consideration. Ron looked beside him for Hermione’s advice, he was started to get freaked out, but Hermione wasn't beside him. He looked back and saw Hermione frozen in her spot, looking towards…

Many things in dark cloaks seemed to be coming towards them, bringing an air of despair and coldness. Ron now understood the cold; it was the dementors. And he thought things couldn't get any worse.
Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear