Search:

SIYE Time:4:35 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Snow globes, knitted gloves, and Ginny
By AnHPsuperfan

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB, Holidays
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: Harry spends Christmas with his favorite person in the whole World. The snow keeps falling and he is thoroughly infatuated.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4372; Chapter Total: 1171





Author's Notes:
Hi again! I intended to post this sooner, but just finished it now. Anyway, Merry Christmas. This is based on the new song “Afterglow” by Ed Sheeran but it’s also a companion piece to the first chapter. Thank you for reading it, especially the ones who took the time to leave a review. I may have thought of doing a third chapter, with their Christmas lunch at the Burrow. But it depends on how many people like it so far. I’m not sure about it. So, please, tell me your opinion, if you’d like me to write it or not. Have a good read!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The light of the morning started to hit his face in an uncomfortable way. He tried turning around and going back to sleep, pulling the covers over his head. However, his mind soon caught up to the fact that there was something or, rather, someone missing on the right side of his bed. Her flowery smell still lingered on the sheets.

That’s all the incentive he needed to get up and brush his teeth. Soon, wearing a long sleeved thin pajamas and barefoot, he exited the bedroom and headed to the living room of his new apartment. He tended to use light clothes even in winter to go to sleep, never was one to feel cold at night. Ginny, however, put on her thickest socks and fluffy pajamas to go to sleep and still, got as close to him as possible, to feel his warmth. He loved the winter.

When walking to the living room/kitchen, he already sported a big smile on his face and what he found, made his heart swell. Sitting on one of the wooden chairs of the kitchen, into his little porch, enjoying the early rays of sunshine, was his beautiful girlfriend. He may have been biased, but the scenery really looked breathtaking. Her feet were perched on the edge of the chair, one arm holding her head, elbow supported by her knees. The light from the sun caught on her face and her red hair, making the strings shine in tones of gold and red.

He came up from behind her, after standing there a feel minutes admiring her. She seemed to be on her own little world. His arms wrapped around her from behind. He leaned his head down to giver her a kiss on her own hair..

She startled at first, but soon calmed down, knowing it was him.

“Hey” she smiled softly. “You were so silent. Didn’t ee you come in.”

“Huumm.” He murmured over her head. “You’re gonna laugh at me, but I was actually admiring you from the living room.”

She laughed. “It does remind me of the romance books Hermione lends me to read, but I still think it’s sweet.” She grabs his hand. “And you should definitely never stop saying those things to me.” She kisses his knuckles.

Ginny grabs her wand from one of the vases and summons another chair from the kitchen. His porch has a little collection of green plants and herbs, which he cultivates to make the potions he needs for his work as an Auror. They’re always well cared for, thanks to Neville and the knowledge in Herbology he shares with Harry.

Before Harry joins her, Ginny says “There’s more coffe in the jar on the counter, if you want.”

She’s holding the red mug he bought just for her when she first started spending some nights in his apartment. He bent down and gave her a lingering kiss to the lips, brushing his nose against hers lightly after, just to feel her scent.

Heading to the kitchen, he felt the cold floor beneath his feet. The only place where it was warm, was on the porch. He grabbed his dark green mug, the one he bought the same day he bought hers, and served himself to some coffee. The smell enveloped the whole room, completing the early morning air.

Ginny pulled her chair closer to him when he sat down and the two stayed in comfortable silence while sipping their coffee. Her head positioned herself on his shoulder and the hot liquid and the sun kept him warm. The moment was complete peace. None of them needed to say anything to know this was as intimate as the night they spent together in his bedroom.

If the streets had been less filled than usual the evening before, this morning they were positively empty. It was 7 o’clock, if that, and the families were probably opening presents in front of the tree and the fireplace. His and his girlfriend’s would be exchanged, by common agreement, at Christmas lunch with the family. The snow from the night before had still not melted and had accumulated on top of three Muggle cars stationed on the street.

“Did you eat something?” Harry passed his hand languorously on Ginny’s leg. She grabbed his arm and hugged it to her lap.

“Nah, too full after the dinner yesterday. The pasta was delicious” She licked her lips “And a few hours later, mum will serve lunch for about forty people.”

Harry laughed. “She certainly likes to fatten us up.”

“Fatten you up, you mean.” She smirks. “Teddy and Andromeda will be there, right?”

“Of course. They wouldn’t miss it.”

“Have you bought his Christmas gift?”

Harry nods.

“What is it?” Ginny asks excitedly. When it comes to presents, it’s nearly impossible to keep something hidden from her. Surprises too, for that matter. Harry found it adorable.

He cleared his throat. “I bought him a kid’s toy broom.”

Ginny laughed openly. “You mean the one Andromeda specifically told you not to get?”

“It wasn’t like that.” Harry defended himself. “She told me it would be my responsibility and she wouldn’t be very pleased.”

Ginny nodded, encouraging him to go on.

“But it’s Christmas. And Sirius gave me my first broom as my godfather. Teddy is three now, and I think it’s my duty as his godfather to give it to him.” He finished timidly.

“That seems like a good enough reason to me.” Ginny says softy.

“Besides, I will be responsible to teach him to ride it.”

“What? You’re crazy, Harry Potter, if you think I won’t help little Teddy Bear ride a broom. I am a professional Quidditch player, after all. He needs to learn from the best.”

“Sure, love, whatever makes you sleep at night.” He teases her.

“Prat” She hit his shoulder lightly. He felt the urge to whoop with the image of Ginny and him teaching little Teddy to ride a bike.

“So, what time are you thinking of going there?” Harry asked her, just to contain himself and get his thoughts elsewhere.

“Maybe ten or eleven. But we’ll have to coordinate the time with Ron and Hermione. Mum doesn’t need to know I spent the night here.”

“I don’t get what’s the problem with that. You are an adult now.”

“I know, but she’s starting to cave, actually. Though she may not be pleased that her only daughter chose to spend the first night back from Wales at her boyfriend’s instead of her parents’ house.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “Even if you are her favorite son.”

Harry’s cheeks flamed, and he felt emotional, as he always did at hearing that.

“We’ll just talk to Hermione, then. No reason making your mum upset.”

“Of course not. Especially because you are completely scared of her.” Ginny comments offhandedly.

“I’m not!” Harry protests indignantly.

“Oh you so are.”

“And how do you figure that?”

“Last summer, you totally snitched on Ron and George after she put you under her radar.” Ginny burst out laughing.

“That’s because it wasn’t my fault!”

“Sure, sure, Potter. Whatever makes you sleep at night.” She pats his cheek.

“What about that time, where I stood my ground about out sleeping arrangements?” Harry continued with their joking argument.

“You mean when I did all the talking and you stood there, giving the puppy dog eyes?”

“That’s not how it happened, Weasley, and you know it.”

“Oh, right, you may have included a thank you in the end.” She laughed, her eyes sparkling mischievously at him, her legs on his lap and her body twisted on the chair.

He loved mornings with her.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear