Search:

SIYE Time:22:32 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Flying
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: The I Love You Challenge (2020-2)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry and Ginny should be revising, but it's hard to keep a boy, his favorite girl and his broom inside when it's perfect outside.
Hitcount: Story Total: 1255



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This little bit of fluff is dedicated to my beta, Arnel. Not only is she a fantastic beta, but she's also the best friend I could ever ask for. MNF




ChapterPrinter


Flying
By Mutt N Feathers


Sure, it was the Saturday before exams were to begin, and it probably would have been more prudent to be in the common room or the library or just about anywhere revising. Still, on a day when the sun was shining, the wind was low, and the air was tinged with the perfume of flowers, Harry Potter needed to be on his broom, flying. He also needed to have his arms around his girlfriend, Ginny Weasley. They’d been kind to her brother, Ron, and kept their snogging to a bare minimum in his presence, but he wasn’t here, and she tasted like raspberries. His lips felt a bit raw and tingly from all the kissing they’d done in the hour since they had sneaked away from Hermione and her tyrannical revisions schedule. Harry thought that he either knew the information or he didn’t; Ginny felt the same way about her OWLs.

It had been three weeks since he'd first kissed Ginny, the three best weeks of his life. Sure, he'd bungled things up when he tried to ask her if she'd be his girlfriend — he barely got the words out of his mouth in proper order. Thankfully, Ginny figured out what he was attempting to say and had agreed. She said she'd become fluent in "Round-About-Harry-Speak,"; whatever that meant.

Sirius had talked with him about Ginny one night while on his mirrors. Harry suspected Sirius knew he was in love with Ginny long before Harry realized it; he was sure the old dog knew Ginny loved him too. Now, only weeks into their girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, but years into their real relationship, Harry wanted to tell Ginny what she meant to him. The girl in question directed Harry’s broom to the ground, and they stood. Harry did it instinctually, and it took him a second to realize they were no longer in the air.

“You’re quiet,” Ginny observed. “Your lessons with Dumbledore bothering you again?”

"Huh? What? Er, no, not exactly," Harry stammered. His inner voice reprimanded him for sounding like an idiot. "Exams," he lied.

“That’s bull, Harry,” Ginny said with a smirk. He wasn’t sure if she realized how beautiful she was in her jeans and one of his old Quidditch sweaters. He like seeing his name on her back and the jeans fit her perfectly, and her bum was just —

“You’re really lost somewhere today. If Luna were here, she’d say your brain was full of Wrackspurts.”

"Yeah, she would," Harry agreed. He took Ginny by the hand and pulled her toward the bottom of the bleacher stands. There was a place he'd found using the Marauder's Map; well, he'd located it on the map; finding it in person might be more of a challenge. He counted off the steps and put his wand onto what appeared to be a wooden wall.

"By my word, I, Harry Potter, invoke entrance into Sirius' secret lounge." Ginny looked at him oddly, wondering why Sirius needed a secret lounge. While her mind contemplated teenaged Sirius sneaking away from the castle, a door appeared much like it did for the Room of Requirement. Harry opened it and pulled her inside.

Harry had worried the place might have become run down or dirty, given no one had used it in twenty years, but he was pleasantly surprised to find it tidy and clean. When they stepped in, a fire roared to life in the fireplace, and several candles lit, giving the room a soft, warm glow.

“Wow,” Ginny said.

"Yeah," Harry agreed. "He first created this place so that he and his brother could meet. If they'd been seen together after Sirius left his family, Regulus would have been in trouble with Slytherin House and his parents. Sirius never intended to bail on his brother. He confessed that Reg must have taken the Dark Mark at their father's insistence. That was the future Sirius ran away from."

“Look at this,” Ginny said, walking toward the mantle where several pictures were sitting in hand-made wooden frames. "Harry, come look, I think it's your parents." Harry quickly closed the distance between them and, wrapping his arms around her waist, he took in the photograph in question. His father was in his Chaser uniform, holding his broom with one hand and pulling his mum toward him so he could kiss her with the other.

"They're so cute!" Ginny gushed. Harry wasn't sure cute was the word he'd use, but they did appear happy. "Oh, here's Remus, and that must be Peter, the one who was the rat. Do you know he spied on me while I was changing?”

“Yeah, that’s him. On top of being an evil, backstabbing arse, he was a perv too,” Harry said with a little bile rising in his throat. “This was before all that, though. Sirius and Remus told me the four of them were the best of friends at school.”

Ginny picked up another frame, this one made from woven willow branches. "Here's Sirius and, who is that girl?"

“That’s probably his fiancée, Anwen. She was killed only days before Mum and Dad. They were supposed to be married on November 1 that year. Sirius told me a little about her, and Remus filled in the rest. She was awesome and wicked good at curses and stuff. Sirius waited years before he’d kissed her, even though he was in love with her. Remus told me that their friends had gone so far as to put bets down when he'd finally pluck up the courage to say something. Remus missed by a month."

“It’s sad that she was killed too. Did he know about her death before he went to Azkaban?” Ginny asked, running her fingers over the frame.

“He said he didn’t know until he finally spoke with Moony after we captured Peter. Sirius said he cried for days,” Harry said with regret. He took Ginny by the hand and pulled her to the long sofa, and he sat, then pulled her into his lap.

“Sirius regretted not telling her sooner. They lost years where they could have been married, like Mum and Dad. She was younger than they were, but she was done with school at seventeen; she was that smart. He told me if he had the chance to go back in time, he would have done two things differently. He would have told her he loved her in his sixth year when he smelled her in his love potion. He also said he wouldn't have let Dumbledore take me after Mum and Dad were murdered. I think living with him would have been better than living with the Dursleys."

"It certainly would have been interesting living with Sirius," Ginny said. "You would have rivalled the twins in pranking skills."

“Sirius wouldn’t have been like that if he’d had a kid to take care of,” Harry said thoughtfully, “at least that’s what Remus said.”

Harry kissed Ginny passionately, his hand sliding under her sweater and up her back, the other caressed the outside of her thigh. Ginny twined her fingers into the long hair at the nape of his neck. She tried to get off his lap, but he held her there.

"Ginny, I need you to listen to me. All the people who love me seem to die, but it didn't stop them from loving me. Mum and Dad, Sirius and Anwen, were fighting a war, and they were still willing to fall in love, make plans, marry, and have kids. They didn't waste their lives. Even Remus and Tonks have decided tiptoeing around their feelings didn't make sense.

"I have to do this thing, end up killing Tom Riddle, or be killed by him, but I am not going to let that keep me from loving. It's what drove him out of me last year. I think it's what will keep me alive."

“What are you saying?” Ginny asked hesitantly, knowing Harry usually talked around what he wanted to say before reaching his point.

"I'm saying I love you, and I think I've loved you for a lot longer than three weeks," he confessed, and she kissed him hard in response.

“I love you, too,” she said when they needed to breathe. “Probably since the day you saved me in the Chamber.” He returned the snog with equal enthusiasm.

“Really? Wasn’t just hero-worship?” It was intended as a joke but instead earned him a playful punch.

“Not anymore. I was in love with the ‘Boy-Who-Lived’ from my storybooks before that night. After, I saw you; brave, honourable Harry, the boy who would risk everything to save someone, that’s who I love. You’ve only grown in my eyes since then.” More kissing ensued, and soon the pair were stretched out on the sofa, on their sides facing each other. “When did you realize you loved me?”

“I started to feel something when you came back from Egypt and were so strong. I respected you, but honestly, it was when you were dancing with Neville at the Yule Ball. I was jealous, but I was afraid of what Ron would say. So, I tried to date Cho last year, but that was a disaster. You helped me get through the summer and mourning Sirius. One of the last things he said to me was that if I thought about you not being in my life, and my gut hurt, then it was safe to say I loved you.”

“But it took you a year to do anything about it. Prat!” She swatted at him again, but this time he dodged her playful punishment.

"Hold on, you were dating other guys. I might have loved you, but I wasn't going to be 'that guy.' Sirius warned me about being a jerk." A longer, even more, impassioned kiss began, hands roaming while lips and tongues did their dance.

“Can you say it again?” Ginny asked softly.

“Ginny Weasley, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Harry Potter.” Harry felt like he was flying even higher than he ever was on his broom.



Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear