Search:

SIYE Time:20:23 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


What comes next?
By RavenclawGinny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB, The I Love You Challenge (2020-2)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: What happens after the battle? How do Ginny and Harry get back together? How do the Weasley’s take it? What is next for them?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2133



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I’ve had this story in my head for ages and I’ve finally wrote it down. I know there’s a million after the battle reunions, but I do hope you like my take on it.




ChapterPrinter


Harry awoke in his old four poster bed in Gryffindor tower the day after the battle, with every muscle in his body aching. His mind was still trying to comprehend what had occurred merely 24 hours before. Deciding that he should probably grab a shower, he slowly got out of bed, looking hopefully at his side table where the plate of now finished sandwiches was which Kreacher brought up along with clean pyjamas and clothes the day before. Sighing, he glanced around the dorm and realised he was the only one in there and everyone else must have headed down to the Great hall for dinner. Shaking his head quickly to avoid thinking about the great hall to avoid thinking about the ones who wouldn’t be there, he slowly made his way to the bathroom so he could soak his aching muscles and clean off all of the dried dirt and blood from the battle.

A good hour later, after a quick check of the map to make sure he wouldn’t run into too many people, Harry started to make his way down to the great hall for dinner. Every step made reminded him of the battle, - Remus, Tonks,… poor Teddy, Colin, Fred… the Weasley’s, the family which had taken Harry under their wing, fought with him, for him. how would they treat him now knowing he’s the reason their son, a brother, a twin, was no longer with them? As he approached the double doors, his mind then went to Ginny, his ex-girlfriend, the one person out of everyone he most wanted to see in the world, but also the one he was dreading seeing the most.

Whispers seemed to follow him as he slowly pushed the double doors open and began to walk into the great hall, but he was only focused on one person. Finally, his green eyes met her brown ones, they were slightly bloodshot, but still they had that fiery blazing look which had occupied his mind all too often whilst on the run.

Ginny got off her seat and began walking towards him, Harry’s pace quickened, they were standing barely 6ft away from his other now. “Gin..” he managed to breathe out, but couldn’t get another syllable out, as Ginny’s blazing look became more fiery as she almost shouted,

“GIN?.. Don’t you dare Gin me Potter!”, her wand was drawn now and Harry unconsciously took a step back. ‘Damn!’, he thought to himself, ‘how can someone be so terrifying but also so utterly sexy at the same time!’. These thoughts were quickly halted as she continued,

“You think it’s ok do you?? To leave for months, not word, no one knowing where you were, WHETHER YOU WERE EVEN ALIVE??”

“You knew that would happen… it’s not like I had a choice…I wanted to…” But Harry’s attempts at a rebuttal were stopped in their tracks as Ginny continued.

“ You then have the NERVE to waltz back into Hogwarts, to then tell me to stay put, to not even fight! After everything, after the DA…”

“It was for your own good, I couldn’t bear to see…”

“MY OWN GOOD! MY OWN GOOD!” Ginny was screaming now, wand fully drawn as she took a step closer to him. “You know damn well, I wanted to fight, that I was more than capable of fighting. Of what I had to loose, of what I did loose.” Her voice was breaking now but remained strong, jaw set. “There were rumours of you, breaking into the ministry, getting captured, Gringotts. Every time I heard your name my heart would stop.”

“Gin, I’m sorry, I’ll tell you everything, just let me..”

“I KNEW NOTHING HARRY. Then in the room of requirement, seeing you. I knew that this would be the end . I NEEDED YOU. I NEEDED YOU ON MY SIDE! AND YOU WEREN’T”

“Please. Please let me explain. I needed to know, to know you were safe” Harry was almost breaking now. He just wanted to reach out, to grab her, explain.

“SAFE! SAFE!” Ginny screamed. “You have no idea what Hogwarts was like this year, your girlfriend or not, I was already a blood traitor!”

Harry’s heart sank, he knew it was bad from what Neville had told them, but hearing it from Ginny almost broke him. “I’m sorry…”, he barely whispered, though Ginny heard him.

“SORRY! SORRY! You didn’t even say goodbye…. you didn’t say goodbye. Do you know how much that hurt me, Harry!”

“I know, do you don’t think it hurt me to, but I couldn’t say goodbye, I wanted to, but…”

“But nothing Potter, you didn’t! When I saw your body I wanted to die, I was fighting to die”

Harry began to talk over then. “I heard your scream. I wanted to shout out. Just let me explain, Gin please…”

“I didn’t care about anything, Harry! Fred was gone. I thought you were gone.” Despite shouting her voice was breaking, fighting back tears.

Harry’s voice was similar as he continued. “When I saw the green light from Bellatrix’s wand, I didn’t care about Voldemort anymore, I just cared about you…”

“THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY GOODBYE”

“BECAUSE IF I HAD I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO THROUGH WITH IT”

“I WOULD’VE UNDERSTOOD, I ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD HARRY”

“I COULDN’T HAVE GONE THROUGH WITH IT, I HAD TO DO THIS ALONE”

“I WOULDN’T HAVE LET YOU!”

“THAT’S THE PROBLEM...”

“WHAT IS!! FOR FUCKS SAKE HARRY, I CAN CHOOSE MY OWN FIGHTS”

“I KNOW..BUT..”

“BUT WHAT?!”

“FOR MERLINS SAKE!, I LOVE YOU!” The words had left his mouth before he could stop them, he didn’t regret saying it, but he didn’t mean for the first time to ever say those words to be in the packed great hall, in front of her entire family. The whole room, had seemed to go very quiet.

“What? Harry…?” Ginny’s entire face softened, she lowered her wand and took a cautious step forward. Harry also moved closer, cautiously reaching out to touch cheek, wiping away a single tear from her face.

“I love you, Ginny Weasley”. Repeating the words, this time a lot quieter so only those within a few feet could hear. Then before she had a chance to respond, Harry leaned in and captured her mouth with his own, and nothing else mattered in that moment. After a millisecond, Ginny responded by reaching up around his neck and tangling her hands in hair. This was bliss. Nothing else mattered in that moment, not caring about the room full of people, or the fact this would probably be front page of the Daily Prophet the next day, he deepened the kiss, Ginny eagerly responding.

After a few minutes, or maybe even a few sunlit days, they broke apart. Green eyes staring directly into blazing brown ones. “I’m sorry, Ginny,… for everything. I have a million things to explain to you and a million more apologies. But I love you and…”

This time it was Ginny who broke him off with a quick kiss, then said “I love you to, Harry Potter”, taking his hands.

The monster in his chest was roaring with triumph as they began to quickly make their way out the great hall to the lake, avoiding the whispers and the stares, his need for dinner long forgotten.



Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear