Search:

SIYE Time:5:37 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and Love's Curse
By Griffin C Gregory

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Mild Language, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: What if Harry had left the Dursleys to live with the Weasley's when he was eight? Love's Curse will follow that idea along with several others. This is the first story in a planned trilogy and will follow Harry's years at Hogwarts. The full summary will be included right before the prologue.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3578



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is the first story in an ambitious project that I decided to start a few months ago. I'm going to be attempting to make a three story harry potter series that combines several popular fanfiction themes. The title of the first story, Harry Potter and Love's Curse, comes from my interpretation of the very popular soul-bond. While the actual soul-bond won't occur until later in the story, it will be the driving force behind the story. There is a spell that is called Love's Curse, if it is cast upon a couple destined to be together it will create a soul-bond. It is called Love's Curse because if one of them dies, it becomes a literal curse for the other, spending the rest of their lives trying fill the hole in themselves from where their deceased soulmate once lived.

Love's Curse will follow Harry through all the seventh book with several changes, the main one being that Harry leaves the Dursleys for the Weasleys when he is eight. The following story I have planned will probably be called Harry Potter and the Descent into Darkness, although that is subject to change. The final story's title is undecided.

Thank-you to anyone who reads this. Reviews will be extremely appreciated.




ChapterPrinter


Sirius laughed as he dueled with his cousin Bellatrix in the Department of Mysteries. It was good to finally get out of Grimmauld Place and stretch his legs. He blocked another spell from her and taunted, "Come on Bella is that really all you have? Azkaban must have made you soft." Bellatrix snarled and continued casting spells with deadly accuracy. Sirius knew that he should end the duel as quickly as possible, but he was having way too much fun…

As that thought passed through his mind he stumbled over some rubble that had been knocked off the frame of the veil. Bellatrix laughed triumphantly as her stunner hit Sirius.

On the other side of the room Harry saw Sirius get hit by Bellatrix's stunner. He couldn't move as he saw Sirius fall toward the veil with his cocky smile still frozen on his face.

But he never did reach the veil. Faster then lightning, Harry saw Ginny rush forward and shove Sirius' stunned body, causing him to miss the veil and land solidly on the ground. Harry sighed with relief, but the breath caught in his throat as he watched Bellatrix cast a bludgeon curse at the currently distracted Ginny. He tried to throw a shield in front of her but was too late. The spell hit it's contact and Ginny was catapulted backwards. The last thing Harry saw of Ginny was her make eye contact with him and her voice say the words "I love you" in his head before she fell through the veil. Instantly her presence in his mind was cut, and the last thing he remembered was the room shaking as he screamed in rage and agony.

Harry didn't wake until two days later. He looked blearily around him and saw that he was in the hospital wing. The first thing he noticed was the pain throbbing in his head. The second thing that he noticed was that was all he felt in his head, pain, and nothing else. It was his muffled sob that alerted Molly Weasley that he had woken up. She quickly got out of her chair and engulfed him in a hug. "Oh Harry, thank god you're awake. Madam Pomfrey said that you were in a coma and that she wasn't sure when you would wake up. How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

"Head… hurts" Harry managed to mutter.

"Well I would expect it to hurt after what you've been through, extreme shock, followed by a severe depletion in your magic levels, and a concussion to top it all off. Madam Pomfrey said as she bustled in, checking Harry and giving him potions to drink.

"Ah, it's good to see that you have finally awoken Harry" Harry heard Dumbledore say as he walked into the hospital wing. "Professor… what happened?" Harry knew what had happened, he had seen it with his own eyes, and even if he hadn't he could feel her absence. But a small part of him still had hope, maybe the only thing that had happened was the veil had cut their connection, maybe she was waiting outside the hospital wing with the rest of his friends, wanting to check on him and see if he was all right. Dumbledore must have noticed Harry looking at the doorway, his eyes full of hope because he quietly said, "I'm sorry Harry, but she won't be coming through, there's no return from where she went."

Nothing had ever pained Dumbledore more than seeing Harry's eyes, usually so full of life, go completely dull.

Everything came rushing back, Ginny falling through the veil, Harry screaming in rage and running after Bellatrix. He remembered casting the cruciatus curse on her, and it had worked. Harry almost ejected the potions that were now in his stomach remembering the satisfaction he had felt seeing Bellatrix suffer for what she had done. Then Voldemort had possessed him and the last thing he remembered thinking was about how much he missed and loved Ginny.

Shaking his head, Harry cleared it of thoughts, not wanting to dwell on them, and noticed Sirius in the room with Dumbledore. "Sirius…" He murmured. Sirius quickly embraced Harry weeping. "I'm s-so sorry Harry, if I had taken Bellatrix more seriously none of this would have happened." "No, I didn't put a shield up in time, it was my fault." Harry moaned into his godfather's shoulder. "It was neither of your faults, you didn't cast the spell, Bellatrix did." Dumbledore said sadly.

Harry and Sirius embraced for another minute before Sirius cleared his throat and let go. "Now, I know that this is probably a terrible time to tell you, but Dumbledore has finally agreed to tell you the reason that Voldemort has been hunting you all these years," Sirius said while glaring at the headmaster. "Ah, yes Harry I'm afraid you're in for one more shock tonight…"



1 month later

Harry sat in his room on Ginny's bed in the Burrow toying with his wand. He was thinking of two words, just the two simple words: Avada Kedavra. Those words were all that it would take for him to end his misery. The past few weeks had passed by without him noticing or acknowledging them. Hermione and Ron had tried to help, but Hermione, for once, had no idea what to do, and Ron was also dealing with intense grief. Harry's life was a void. Ginny had been his everything; she had helped him get through the past few difficult years of his life. Whenever Harry was troubled by something, whether it be big or small, Ginny had been there to comfort him. She always knew exactly what to say or do in order to get him to smile, one of the benefits of having a mental connection with him.

He had often asked her what he would do without her. "Probably wallow in self-pity," she would brightly reply. If only she had known just how right she was.

Harry doubted. No, he knew that he couldn't go on without her. No one else would ever be able to fill the void that now existed in his mind where she had once been. No one understood him like she did, and he doubted he would ever be able to find someone else who could even begin to take her place.

Avada Kedavra

The words echoed in his mind, as if his conscious was begging him to utter them. But something held him back. No, Ginny would not approve, she would want him to carry on. After all, it was his destiny to destroy Voldemort. Harry wearily sighed and put his wand back in his pocket. He couldn't allow himself to give up now, the wizarding world needed him, and it would be beyond selfish of Harry to take away their only hope in ending Voldemort's reign of terror. But, once Voldemort was taken care of, well, then maybe Harry would think back on those two words.

He got off of the bed and started heading towards the door. He stopped at a shelf when he noticed a framed picture. Fresh tears formed in his eyes as he recognized the picture. It showed him and Ginny happily taking turns on the swing that was attached to the large tree behind the Burrow. The photo had been taken many years ago, when he was only eight and Ginny seven. A ghost of a smile crossed Harry's face as he remembered that day; it had been shortly after he had left the Dursley's forever…
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear