Search:

SIYE Time:19:16 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Lady
By nyladnam04

- Text Size +

Category: Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3), Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3)
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Lily Potter
Genres: General
Warnings: Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 55
Summary: ** Winner of New Skills and the People’s Choice Award in the Girl Talk Challenge **
For protecting their son in the face of certain death, James and Lily Potter are given a wonderful gift: the chance to help their son succeed. James chooses the girl that Lily will train. Unfortunately, the girl is stubborn, willful and doesn't trust the Lady in her mind.
Hitcount: Story Total: 25441; Chapter Total: 3924





Author's Notes:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU J!!!!





ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


7 July 1996

Lily sat back in the meadow, relaxed for once. James was off, trying his best to not dance for joy that his best friend was dead and had been brought to their little station. The two of them together could be too much and it was wonderful to be able to visit Ginny, even when it wasn’t to train.

Today, however, instead of the sky remaining its normal clear blue while they relaxed after a lesson, it was starting to become a bit grey and clouds began to gather overhead. With a sigh, Lily stood up and then moved to sit by Ginny.

I knew it was too good to be true,’ she thought. ‘But I suppose I should be grateful that Ginny normally isn’t involved in all of that nauseating teen-angst drama.

“So, what’s put you in a bad mood?”

The fourteen year old snorted. “At least you don’t try to beat around the bush.” She scrubbed her face with her hands. “Is it bad of me that I’ve been thinking a lot about a boy who isn’t my boyfriend?”

A thin thread of lightning crept across the sky. ‘Well, at least her obvious hints come with a light show.

“Hmm. Well, yes and no. Yes, it is bad, because you are an honourable person who keeps her promises. You’ve promised Dean to be faithful to him as his girlfriend. On the other hand, a boyfriend is meant to be a temporary relationship. Either you will make it more permanent with marriage or it will fall apart. Besides, you are only human. Even people who are deeply in love can appreciate another person. It’s when you stop appreciating the person you are with that causes problems. If you are in a temporary relationship where you don’t appreciate that person...well, perhaps you should end the relationship.” It was gently said, but Lily didn’t want to see Ginny get hurt. As much as she had encouraged the girl to date other boys, that prat Michael had hurt her. Dean was much better; not only was he simply a better young man all around, the boy had a very healthy respect of just who he was dating. He was aware that if he stepped one toe out of line, whatever Ginny left of him would be destroyed by her older brother with help from the brightest witch of her age and the Boy-who-Lived. It was refreshing to see someone with bravery who didn’t feel it was necessary to fight dragons or fly on Thestrals.

“So...am I a bad person to want to make Ha, er, want to make the other boy a little jealous?” The young red-head was biting her lip, which meant she’d probably already decided. This was her way of giving Lily a little warning.

“Well, yes, it is very, very wrong, especially if that is the only reason you are dating Dean.” She fixed Ginny with a stern look, but the girl looked back evenly. “You can’t play them off of each other and be prepared to stay the course in the relationship you are in.”

Ginny nodded absently. “It’s not so much that I want to make Harry jealous, just to realize what he’s missing.” The grass she’d been absently plucking was suddenly thrown into the gentle breeze and it was only then that Lily noticed the sky had cleared once again. “It probably wouldn’t work anyway. Harry wouldn’t notice me if I were riding around naked on his Firebolt.”

Lily bit her lip hard to keep from laughing. She might have matured over the years, but she had been only twenty-one when she had died. Innuendos were still really funny. She lost her battle when Ginny suddenly turned beet red.

“NO! That’s not what...I mean to say...I didn’t mean it like that!”

Their laughter echoed across the meadow.

Once they finally calmed down, Lily looked at her younger friend critically. “Leave your hair down more and don’t curl it.”

Ginny looked taken aback. She’d started to grow her hair out only a year ago on a suggestion from Hermione, but she had always curled it a little because her hair was almost stick-straight.

“Trust me.”

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWG MWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

16 September 1996

“You are the smartest witch I know.” Lily looked taken aback by the abrupt compliment, but then smirked a little and tossed her hair over her shoulder.

“Well, I’ve always known that, but what made you realize it?” Ginny refrained, barely, from rolling her eyes. Lily was either more like her husband than she realized or James was rubbing off on her.

“Harry nearly got hit by a Bludger today and I have it on good authority that he was watching me when it happened. He told Hermione that I have pretty hair.” Laughing, she spun around, enjoying the way her long hair whipped around with her.

Giggling like a pair of school girls, Ginny filled Lily in on everything. Since Harry had gotten a bit older, Lily had stopped keeping a constant watch over him. Other boys didn’t have their mothers watching their every move, so she was trying to give him a little privacy as well.

Once they got over their girlishness, it was time for seriousness. Lily shouted out spells and Ginny cast them as rapidly as possible. Then the tactics changed and Ginny had to create a shield for every spell Lily was yelling.

“Excellent! Clever use of Inanimate to Animate Transfiguration to block the Killing Curse.” They both suppressed a shudder at that, but Ginny knew it was necessary. Death Eaters weren’t out to play games; they were out to kill.

LEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPL EPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEP

10 May 1997

“TWENTY GALLEONS TO ME! I WON! YOU LOST, YOU WA-!”

“SIRIUS BLACK! I WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH LANGUAGE WHILE I WATCH MY SON HAVE HIS FIRST SNOG WITH GINNY!”

James snickered behind her back, but quieted quickly and paled when Lily whipped around. She didn’t bother to admonish him about betting on his son’s love life. It wasn’t as though the dead actually had galleons, but it was nice to see that she could still cow him with a glare.

A happy sigh escaped her as she turned back to the scene in front of her. The new couple had finally broken apart and she hadn’t thought she’d ever seen that silly, happy grin on Harry’s face. A tear ran down her cheek as he took Ginny’s hand and indicated the portrait hole with a jerk of his head. Once they had cleared the doorway, he spun around and kissed the girl again.

“I believe that is enough for this evening.” With a wave her wand, Lily obscured the scene in the Ineosieve from view.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWG MWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

7 June 1997

It was a protected area near the lake that Ginny favoured and she knew there could only be two people that knew of it, or would dare sneak up on her. Since the prat that had just broken up with her was one, she doubted it was him.

“Your son’s a prat, just so you know.” Lily’s familiar laugh was muted, similar to what it had been years ago, before Ginny had learned to trust her.

“I know he’s only doing it to protect me, but who’ll protect him?”

The question was rhetorical, but both the mother and the girlfriend had been steeling themselves for the possibility that “neither could live” didn’t guarantee that they both wouldn’t die. Instead they sat in silence, watching the Giant Squid as it did some sort of an aquatic dance. It seemed a fitting tribute for saying farewell to one of the most powerful and eccentric men in the world.

LEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEP LEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEP


24 March 1998

Lily looked around to make sure that Ginny was truly alone before falling through the Ineosieve. She was surprised when she stood up to see that James and Sirius had followed her. It was only the second time Sirius had ever done it. The first had been to try to knock some sense into Remus.

Ginny felt their presence and looked up. Instead of the relief that Lily expected, wretched, pain-filled tears streaked down her lovely face.

“They’re really okay, right?” Her voice was barely a whisper and hoarse. “He’s alive? My brother and Hermione are going to be alright?” Lily only nodded and was grateful to see the tears had become ones of relief.

“All year, I’ve followed your advice and you’ve given me information about how they were doing. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. But it’s almost worse to know, isn’t it? Especially when there’s really nothing you can do to help except wait until it’s time?” They were wise words from the fifteen year old girl. They were ones Lily and James had discussed countless times over the years.

They all sat huddled together, happy to know that the hero had survived to fight another battle. “It’ll be soon, won’t it.” It wasn’t a question.

James nodded.

Sirius was the only one to speak, “Yeah, I can feel it coming.”

LEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPL EPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLEPLE P
2 May 1998

Taking the Killing Curse for her baby had been easy. A moment’s decision at most, was all it had taken. Watching her son stand in front of that monster and take a Killing Curse to the chest for everyone he loved was heart wrenching.

It was gratifying to see that the curse had hurt Voldemort. A small part of her wanted to scream curses at him (the ones James favoured), kick him and spit on him. But only a small part as the rest stood there in shock staring at the body of her son.

Her son was dead.

She tried to move, to go back to the station. Surely Harry would be there?
But she couldn’t move. Neither could James, Sirius or Remus. Fear took a hold of Lily’s mind. What if they were doomed to wander the Earth as spirits because they hadn’t been able to save Harry?

Then, he breathed. It was a small movement, miniscule, tiny, in fact. Only Lily had noticed it, and she gripped James’s hand to get his attention. As Harry was carried by a weeping Hagrid, Lily felt herself pulled away and into their station. None of the four friends bothered to pay much attention to what was happening around them. Once their feet hit the floor of the station, their eyes were glued to the battle. The moment Voldemort feel, his own curse backfiring on him, the Seer girl delicately cleared her throat.

“Oh! Professor Dumbledore, it’s so good to see you again!” Sirius hurried around to clasp the elderly wizard’s hand.

Lily turned sharp eyes on the girl, who was smirking that maddeningly serene smirk.

“Oh, did I never tell you, Lily dear, that Albus was my older brother?”

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

31 July 1998

“Love, if it were anyone else telling me this, I’d think they were trying to pull a prank or needed to be on a permanent ward in St. Mungo’s. But you...” Harry trailed off, eyes suspiciously bright. “I remember a really vivid dream about them when I was little. I kept telling my aunt and uncle they were still alive for days. I wish I could have gotten to know them like...”

He stopped talking, shaking his head as though to get rid of the thought.

“They picked you for a reason. I probably wouldn’t have believed them.”

Ginny laughed, a blush creeping up her cheeks. “I didn’t for years.”

“Well, I’m glad I have my parents’ approval to date you.” With that, Harry seemed to feel that they had talked enough, for he leaned over to kiss her and all thoughts of parents were pushed from their minds.

They were probably better off not knowing that James had to Stun Sirius away from the Ineosieve so that Lily could obscure it.
Reviews 55
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear