Search:

SIYE Time:6:11 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Dreams that Guide Us
By redheadedfervor

- Text Size +

Category: Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3), Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3)
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Lily Potter
Genres: Comedy, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 24
Summary: Ginny Weasley doesn't know what to feel. It has been drawn to her attention that a certain Boy-Who-Lived might be beginning to see her as more than just his best mate's little sister. But Ginny now has a boyfriend, and after having given up on Harry, she's afraid to hope again only to be hurt. To make matters worse she's having a strange, reoccurring, dream about a girl with long red hair and Harry's eyes. She couldn't be more confused.
Hitcount: Story Total: 13519; Chapter Total: 3115





Author's Notes:
Sorry this one took so long for me to post, I wish I could have finished before the contest ended, but unfortunately the fact that I was in the process of moving across the country prevented me from finishing in time. Now that I'm settled, I'll keep working on it until it's complete.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The following morning Ginny awoke with Lily’s words still echoing inside her mind. Ginny stretched her arms above her head, and rolled over onto her side in her four-poster. “You’ll soon find out, Ginny, I promise. But you must be patient, don’t lose hope. You’ll soon understand.”

It was so cryptic. Ginny sighed in frustration, she had a feeling that she was going to continue to have this dream quite a few more times. And it appeared that it wasn’t going to reveal it’s purpose until she knew, whatever it was, that she was supposed to know, before she could understand.

Ginny arched her back and stretched again, then swung her legs out of bed, got up, and dressed quickly. After freshening up, she left the dormitories and went down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

When she reached the Gryffindor table, she saw it wasn’t very crowded yet. She had awoken a little earlier than she normally did on Saturdays, and was pleased to find that it was nice and calm in the Great Hall at this hour. A little chatter could be heard among the scattered early risers, but it wasn’t nearly as loud as it usually was. Ginny smiled, she was looking forward to eating her breakfast and reading the Daily Prophet in a bit of peace.

She sat there for several minutes, silently eating, and reading with a soft smile across her face. Then she felt a light tap on the shoulder and turned around to see Dean standing behind her, looking solemn.

“Hey, Ginny,” he said, sitting down next to her.

“Morning, Dean,” she greeted shortly, as she returned her eyes back to the Daily Prophet.

“Ginny, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry for what happened in the corridor yesterday, I was being stupid. I just wanted you to know that I really care about you, and I was trying to be helpful. But I guess I was just being too pushy,” said Dean.

Ginny looked up at him, she felt the familiar feeling of annoyance bubble inside her, but she pushed it away because she could see that he truly felt bad about what had happened.

“I appreciate your apology, and I understand that you were just trying to be nice, but I hate it when you push passed me to pull out a chair or run me over just so you can open a door for me, and I really, really don’t like it when you try to carry my books,” Ginny explained.

“I was just trying to show you that I care, my mum always said that when you mess up, chivalry is the best way to make it up to a girl. I guess she was wrong,” he said with a smile.

“No, I-I don’t think she was wrong. Some girls really go for that sort of thing, I’m just not one of them,” Ginny replied, with a small, forced laugh.

“Yeah, I think I’ve figured that out,” said Dean, chuckling a little himself.

An uneasy silence edged between them, after a moment of trying to come up with something to say she gave up and went back to the article she had been reading.

“So, ...I missed you at practice last night,” he said fishing for something to keep the conversation going.

‘Yeah because you got me into bloody detention!’ screamed a voice inside Ginny’s head. She bit her lip, to prevent herself from saying it aloud, then took a deep breath.

“Yes, well I wish I could have been there as well,” Ginny chose to say instead, “but at least we have another one this afternoon. How’d it go?”

“Dunno. Alright I guess, we tried out some new plays. But they were sort of confusing,” Dean said, shrugging.

“Oh, well did they work?” Ginny asked.
He shrugged again, as he poured pumpkin juice into his goblet.

“Not really,” Dean responded, before taking a drink.

There was silence again. Ginny couldn’t help but think that sitting there with him was incredibly uncomfortable. She couldn’t think of anything else to say, not that he had given her much to go on. The conversation was now dead. So for the next twenty or so minutes they sat next to each other, in painfully awkward silence, munching away on their breakfasts and trying to pretend that it wasn’t weird. When Dean was finished he stood up and kissed her on the cheek.

“I’ll see you later. I’m going to go get Seamus, we have some potions homework to finish,” he said quickly, Ginny nodded, and with that he left. After he was out of sight Ginny exhaled in relief, and immediately she felt more comfortable.

A moment after Dean was gone, Harry walked into the Great Hall. When he saw her his eyes opened a little wider, he flashed her a very large smile, and hurried over to her. Her stomach did a flip again and she felt a wide smile appear on her own lips.

“Good morning Ginny,” he said, still grinning as he sat down next to her, “How are you?”

“I’m alright, thanks,” Ginny answered.

“So I must inform you, you missed a great practice. The best we’ve had all year. The best I’ve ever had actually,” Harry told her enthusiastically.

“Oh no! Really?” said Ginny, as her heart sank with disappointment. Harry tried to keep a straight face but after a moment he laughed.

“No, not really. It was rubbish, actually,” Harry explained. “Ron was off again, and Demelza and Dean looked at me like I was mad when I tried to explain my new plays. Then when I made them try it out anyway, they just flew in opposite directions. It was awful.”

Ginny let out a giggle.

“Oh well, it was all because I wasn’t there,” Ginny said with a mischievous little smirk, “you see, what I haven’t told you is that I confunded the entire team last night before I went to the dungeons, just so I wouldn’t miss any of the fun.”

“Did you now? I should have known!” Harry said in an overly surprised voice as he chuckled.

“So I really didn’t miss anything then?” Ginny asked, now serious again.

Harry shook his head, as he filled his plate.

“No, I’m going to have to explain everything all over again today and hope that it makes more sense, the second go round.”

“Well, why don’t you try to tell it to me, maybe I can understand it, or if not, I can just confirm that you really are mad,” suggested Ginny.

“Couldn’t hurt,” said Harry, he then proceeded to explain it to her for the next few minutes. As he spoke, Ginny thought of how it was sort of adorable the way he used his arms dramatically to demonstrate how each player should fly. When he was finished, Ginny understood perfectly, she hadn’t thought it confusing at all.

“So tell me does it make any sense?” Harry asked tentatively.

“Yes actually, it makes perfect sense to me. And I think it’s brilliant Harry! It’s sort of like a Wronski Feint for chasers, right?” Ginny said.

“Exactly! That’s exactly right! Do you think you could do it?” He said, she could hear the excitement in his voice.

“I don’t see why not. I mean of course we might have to practise it quite a few times before we got it just right, but I certainly think that it’s possible, dangerous, but possible,” she said, thinking about how excited she was herself to try it out.

“What’s Quidditch without a little danger? It’s a relief to know that I’m not mad,” said Harry, as he did, Ginny saw Ron and Hermione walk over and sit down across from them.

“I never said you weren’t a nutter. I merely stated that I understood your play,” Ginny said coyly.

“Oh, I see how it is, Miss Weasley. Well if that’s the case, you must be a nutter too,” Harry said, rolling his eyes but grinning broadly.

“Morning, Harry, Ginny,” Ron said, as he wasted no time in piling his plate with any and all of the food within his reach.

“Morning,” both Ginny and Harry responded in unison. They looked at each other and smiled in embarrassment.

“Well you two seemed to be carrying on quite well, don’t you?” Hermione observed, there was something in her voice that gave Ginny the sudden urge to chuck a fork at her head.

“I was just telling Ginny about Quidditch practice, Hermione. We were discussing tactics,” Harry said quickly glancing at Ron, who was paying absolutely no attention as he shoveled in mounds and mounds of food hastily.

For a moment, all three were distracted and became lost in amazement at just how rapidly Ron was eating, all the while his eyes flicking nervously toward the entrance to the Hall.

“Ron, I told you, Lavender was still asleep when I left the dormitory this morning. She and Parvarti stayed up very late gossiping and giggling, she won’t be up for a long time. So you can stop eating like it’s your last meal, it’s really quite disgusting!” sighed Hermione in exasperation.

“Oo...neber...noh...when...see...mi gh...so...ub!” reasoned Ron between bites. He reached his hand out to grab for his goblet, however, since he wasn’t paying attention, his hand found a pitcher of syrup instead, he began to pull it to his lips.

“Ron! That’s not your water, it’s-” Hermione warned, but it was too late he had taken a very large gulp of the sticky substance, “-the syrup...”

In his surprise, he jumped and spilled it all down his front.

“Ugh!” Ron shrieked, as partially chewed bits of his breakfast came rocketing out of his mouth.

“Honestly, Ron!” said Hermione.

She shook her head, pretending to be frustrated, but Ginny knew better, she saw the glint of pure amusement and adoration in her friend’s eyes. Hermione gave a lazy flick of her wand, and the syrup all over Ron, disappeared.

“Fanks...my-oh-nee,” Ron said, grinning through his chipmunk like cheeks.

Ginny watched as the corner of Hermione’s mouth twitched upward, and she rolled her eyes. Ginny knew very well that Hermione was nothing short of ecstatic to be back on friendly terms with Ron again, especially so, because he no longer wanted anything to do with Lavender.

“Are you done with that Ginny,” Harry asked nodding toward the Daily Prophet.

“Oh, yeah I am, here,” she said handing it to him.

“Thanks,” he replied as he opened the newspaper.

“Well, as much as I’d love to sit here and watch my dear brother stuff his face at lightning speed, I’ve got some homework to catch up on,” Ginny said as she got up from the table. “See you later, Harry, Hermione, Ron you pig.”

“Yeah, see you at practice Ginny, I can’t wait to see what you do with the new play, maybe we’ll name it the Weasley Feint, you know after you, because you’re so brilliant,” Harry blurted out dreamily. As soon as the words had left his lips, he grimaced at the ridiculousness of them, then hid quickly behind the Prophet.

“Ok Harry, we’ll see,” Ginny said, as she tried desperately to contain the laughter that was on the verge of exploding out of her. She saw that Hermione was also suppressing hysterics.

She knew that she had to escape before she met Hermione’s eyes, so she bolted toward the door. As soon as she was out of the Great Hall, Ginny let her laughter escape. That silly dreamy voice, topped with that goofy grin, it was simply too much! When she reached the common room, she was still smiling every now and again.

For the rest of the morning Ginny cheerfully worked on her Charms essay, and when it came time to get her broom and head down to the pitch, she was surprised at how much she had accomplished, it was nearly done. Ginny dipped her quill into the ink and hastily scratched out the final sentence, before packing her things, and hurrying up to the dormitories.

Once she was changed and had her broom resting proudly over her shoulder, Ginny started down to the pitch. After making her way down the marble staircase however, she found herself cornered in the Entrance Hall by Lavender Brown.

“Ginny, have you seen my Won Won?!” Lavender demanded desperately.

“Not since breakfast,” Ginny groaned, “but I reckon your ‘Won Won’ is probably down at the pitch by now.” Ginny tried to side-step around her, but Lavender suddenly grabbed hold of Ginny’s arm, quite firmly.

“Tell me was-was ‘she’ with him!?”

“If by ‘she’ you mean Hermione, then yeah, she was with him like always,” said Ginny simply.

“Like always?” Lavender shrieked. “She only likes him now because he was poisoned!”

“No, she’s always liked him. Are you mad? They’ve been best friends since first year,” Ginny said, wondering if Lavender was really thick enough to actually believe that Hermione really didn’t like Ron.

“Best friends! HA! What sort of best friends argue as much as they do?” laughed Lavender scarily.

“The sort that are secretly in love with each other,” Ginny responded, she was now certain that Lavender was daft. And luckily, because Lavender was so stupidly shocked upon hearing these words, Ginny was finally able to wrestle her wrist from Lavender’s grip.

“Nn-no, he’s-he’s not! He loves me, he’ll choose me! I’m his girlfriend!” spluttered Lavender. Ginny sighed, she almost felt sorry for the poor girl, almost.

“Look, Lavender, apparently no one has had the decency to tell you this, or if someone has, you haven’t listened to them properly,” explained Ginny. “So I’m going to tell you once more, if you try to make Ron choose between you and Hermione, you’re not the one who’s going to win. I can promise you that. So you might as well try and coexist with her, she’s not going anywhere.”

Lavender looked as though she was on the verge of tears, and Ginny seeing this, quickly darted out of the large oak doors. Comforting her brother’s ridiculous girlfriend, was not something she was willing to be too late to practice for. She was generally a very compassionate person, but at that moment she was just not in the mood to console Lavender.

When Ginny reached the pitch, she could see Harry from afar, he was waving his arms enthusiastically, as Dean and Demelza watched him, dumbstruck. She smiled, Harry was obviously attempting, and failing, to explain his play to them again. She jogged over to them, and when Harry set eyes on her, relief flooded his expression.

“Ginny! Hey there, merlin, am I glad to see you!” He said as she joined them.

“Sorry, Lavender cornered me in the Great Hall. She’s desperate for any information concerning the whereabouts of my prat brother,” Ginny explained. Harry nodded sympathetically, she knew that Lavender had been pestering him about Ron too.

“Who are you calling a prat!?” came Ron’s voice from behind her. Ginny whipped around and scowled at him.

“You! I’m calling you a prat! I know that you’re just fine avoiding Lavender like a bloody coward, but the rest of us are the ones who have to suffer the consequences of her crazy desperation,” Ginny stepped closer to him, and he shrunk slightly as she glowered at him. “But I swear Ron, if you don’t talk to her by tomorrow night I’ll hex off your bits!”

“Alright, alright! Merlin! I’ll talk to her,” Ron squeaked, as his hand slowly slid down to his lower region in protection. Without taking his eyes off the wand protruding form Ginny’s pocket, he quickly mounted his broom and shot up to his position in front of the posts.

When he was out of earshot, Dean, Harry, and Demelza let out fits of laughter.

“Well, someone had to set him straight, Lavender is driving all of us insane,”said Ginny with a small grin when their laughter had died down.

“Speaking of things that are insane, Harry, I just don’t think that this new play is going to work. I just really don’t understand it,” said Demelza, shrugging.

“Well I do think it’s going to work,” Harry said firmly. “Ginny understands it too, right?” His voice was unsure, as if somehow their conversation at breakfast hadn’t really happened. She smiled at him and nodded.

“Really?” said Dean, obviously skeptical.

“Yeah, I do, and I think if we get it right, it could be the extra edge that helps us to win the house cup,” Dean and Demelza stared at her in shock. Harry beamed.

“Well, if you think it’s so wonderful then why don’t you two show us just how it works,” Dean said with a tinge of jealousy in his voice. “But as for me and Demelza, we think it’s nutters, and can’t be done.” Ginny narrowed her eyes at him.

“Fine, we will. Won’t we, Harry?” she responded fervently.

“Won’t we what?” asked Harry, looking very uncomfortable.

“We’ll show them how it’s done,” Ginny stated determinedly.

“Uh-well I don’t know Ginny. I-I mean, I’m more of a seeker-” Harry began to stammer. But Ginny picked up his Firebolt, which had been laying on the ground next to his feet, and fiercely handed it to him.

“Well, from what I remember of our Quidditch this summer at the Burrow, you weren’t a bad chaser,” she reassured him with a warm but challenging smile. “I’ll do the feint, all you have to do is follow the flight pattern and then catch the quaffel when I throw it to you.”

Harry smiled softly, and in his emerald eyes Ginny could see admiration as he looked at her.

“Alright, let’s do it.” Harry said as he took his Firebolt from her. A moment later he had mounted it, kicked off, and was waiting for Ginny twenty meters above.

Ginny picked up the quaffel, got on her broom, and before joining Harry in the air she shot Dean a glare.

As soon as she felt the rush of air running through her hair, it was ecstasy. When she reached Harry, she smiled at him and he nodded. They sped off down the pitch toward Ron and the goal post. Ginny and Harry quickly reached top speed, and began to zig-zag over and under each other, whilst passing the quaffel back and forth, in a rhythmic pattern. Ron and the rest of the team watched in awe and confusion as they raced toward the posts.

When they were three-fourths of the way to the goals, while Harry continued to zig-zag, Ginny leaned in closer to the handle of her broom, with the quaffel tucked firmly under her arm, and suddenly sped straight toward the center hoop. Ginny saw Ron fly his broom and take a defensive position in front of it, his attention completely focused on her. Ginny smiled, the play was working.

She sped faster and faster toward the goal post, she could see Ron’s face becoming concerned. Soon she was only meters from him, and showed no signs of stopping. Ron braced himself for an impact as it appeared that Ginny was going to fly right into him. But then, at the very last moment Ginny pulled her broom up, avoiding collision, then gracefully threw the quaffel to Harry, who was now waiting in front of the left side goal post, which was completely unguarded. Harry caught the ball with ease and lobbed it through the empty hoop.

Ron looked dumbfounded. He was still trying to process what had happened. Harry whooped with joy and Ginny cried out as well. They flew back down to Dean and Demelza and once they reached the ground Harry ran to Ginny and threw his arms around her.

“You did it! And on the first go!” he shouted, before quickly letting go of her as Ron landed beside them.

“That was bloody brilliant, Harry! What a play! And merlin, Ginny, where did you learn to fly like that?” said Demelza in amazement.

Ginny flushed and shrugged her shoulders.

“So you understand it now then, Demelza? And you too Dean?” Harry asked enthusiastically.

“I guess so. I mean yeah, it’s a good play,” Dean said slowly as though the words tasted terrible.

“Right then, so all of you get it yeah?” Harry asked, the chasers nodded, “Brilliant! There are still kinks we need work out, it’s got to be perfected for that house match. Let’s get in the air then, shall we?

Once everyone had mounted their brooms, a long, hard, and altogether wonderful practice began. Everyone was on their game and the entire team was having a blast. Even Dean, who had moped for the first part, was enjoying himself by the end of it. Ginny was glowing with happiness as she and Dean made their way back up to the castle, to get changed before dinner. Ginny loved Quidditch, there wasn’t anything else that made her feel as complete and full of life.

But the blissful feelings that practice had given her soon faded, as she and Dean once again had very little to say to each other the rest of the evening. They ate together in silence and when she was finished Ginny escaped to the library. She had a very long list of books that she needed to collect, all for further studying for the O.W.L.s.

After about an hour of searching, she had retrieved all of the books, and was a little overwhelmed at the small tower she had just assembled. Once they had been stamped by a disapproving Madam Pince, Ginny somehow managed to slide the entire stack into her arms. Unfortunately, the mound of books was so tall, that she could hardly see around it. Ginny inhaled deeply and took her first few steps on what she knew would be the long, and painful journey to the common room.

Almost as soon as she began moving, the books wobbled dangerously in her arms. She braced herself, and tried to steady them, but they started to tip, and it was obvious they would soon crash to the floor. Ginny closed her eyes and hoped the noise wouldn’t be too loud, but instead of hearing pages and covers smashing into the ground, she heard the sound of a chair scraping against the stone floor. The books did not fall. Surprised, Ginny opened her eyes, to see Harry steadying the books with one hand.

“Harry, where did you come from?!” Ginny said in astonishment. He smiled sheepishly.

“I was sitting over there writing my potions essay,” Harry nodded his head to indicate a table nearby, “I looked over and saw a massive tower of books tipping over, so I leapt up to help. I didn’t know it was you. Honestly Gin, I think you may be spending far too much time with Hermione. Are you planning on taking the whole library to the common room with you?”

Harry flashed her a devilish grin, and despite having just been rescued from dropping all of her books, Ginny had an animal like urge to throw them aside so she could attack Harry with her lips. But she shook that thought away as quickly as she could. She did still have a boyfriend...

“Ha ha, very funny Harry,” Ginny replied trying to sound sarcastic, “aside from the cheekiness I appreciate your help. Thank you.”

“Anytime. Er-Ginny, can I take some of those off your hands, I’m headed to the common room too.” Harry asked.

Ginny’s heart sank, was Harry a chivalrous prat too?

“I’m perfectly capable of managing all on my own. I can handle this,” she said a bit defensively as she began to walk away from him.

“I know you can handle it. You’re sort of brilliant like that, you do everything you set your mind to. What was it you told me last year? Anything’s possible if you’ve got the nerve, right? ” Harry said with full confidence, piercing eye contact, and a sweet smile.

“Right,” Ginny said softly as she smiled back at him, her heart swelling with warmth. She could hardly believe that he remembered that she had told him that, it had been so long ago.

“But, as you can barely see around that mountain of literature,” Harry continued, “I thought I might just take a few of them for you, so you could see where you’re going, would that be alright?”

For a moment she was speechless, all she could do was look at him in awe. Before she had even thought about it she was nodding, as Harry took the books that were blocking her line of sight from her.

“There, now you won’t go walking into any walls, and I won’t have to find a substitute chaser,” said Harry jokingly.

“Oh, so the safety of the house team was your ulterior motive for helping me?” replied Ginny.

“Of course it was, do you think McGonagall would have made me captain, if Quidditch wasn’t the motive behind everything I do?”

They started out of the library together, both grinning foolishly. They joked and laughed all the way up to the seventh floor corridor.

“So all of these are for your O.W.Ls?” Harry asked as they stopped in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady.

“Yes, all the studying is getting to be quite ridiculous actually,” Ginny said, as she did, the hair that she had tucked behind her ear fell out in front of her eyes. She sighed in frustration, and tried several times to blow the flyaway hair out of her face to no avail. Harry chuckled, she looked quite absurd. “This is what I get, for growing my hair so long! I should really just chop it all off!”

“No you shouldn’t, I like you long hair. Here, let me,” Harry said, as he reached out and slowly tucked the stray hair safely behind her ear again. As he did so his fingertips lightly brushed against her cheek, Ginny shuddered and something like a chill went shooting down her spine. Their eyes locked, their breathing slowed, and somehow their bodies began to move closer to one another. Ginny felt her lips begin to quiver with desire...

“Well, are you two going to stand there all night long, or are you going to give me the password so I can get some sleep for myself!?” said the Fat Lady impatiently, abruptly shaking Ginny and Harry out of their stolen moment.

“Uh-right. Sorry, jobberknoll,” Harry said quickly taking a step away from Ginny.

The Fat Lady sighed irritably, as she swung open and let them into the common room.

“Where would you like me to put your books, Gin,” asked Harry once they were inside.

“Yes, Gin, where shall Harry put your books?” said a voice vicious with disdain, from an armchair near the fire.

“Oh,” Ginny said in surprise, “hello Dean!”

“Hey Dean,” said Harry kindly, as Dean emerged from the chair with a burning scowl branded across his face.

Dean did not respond. For a time Ginny and Harry stood, still holding the books, blinking awkwardly at each other, while Dean glowered at them.

“Why don’t you put them over there on that table, Harry, thanks,” said Ginny finally, sensing trouble. Harry nodded, and perhaps because he too was feeling the tension, he put the books down hastily and hurried to the stairs leading up to the boys dormitory.

“Well...er... I really should be getting to bed now. Night, Dean, Ginny,” he said over his shoulder as he went up to bed.

Dean hadn’t taken his eyes off Ginny. She had never seen him this angry before.

“Your books? He was carrying your books?!” Dean spat dangerously.

“Yes, but not all of them, just a few, so I could see where I was going,” she answered quietly, “it was...circumstantial. I know it looked bad, but really it wasn’t--”

“Oh I’m sure was perfectly innocent,” said Dean sarcastically, his hands waving wildly, “it’s always just circumstantial with Harry isn’t it?! He can be a chivalrous prat but I can’t!? You know what, I don’t even want to hear the excuse. I’m tired of the excuses. I’m off to bed.”

Dean turned angrily and started toward the stairs. As she watched him go Ginny felt a strange, overwhelming, rush of sadness come over her. She could see how hurt he was, and it made her feel terrible. Dean had been her first serious boyfriend, she cared about him very much. They had done a lot of growing up together. Ginny was suddenly very aware that the end of their relationship was in sight, and a small burst of fear filled her up. Being with Dean had been so easy for a while, it had been so comfortable. To think that the simplicity and contentment of it all was now gone, made her want to grasp onto what once was.

She quickly followed him up the stairs, when Dean heard her behind him he stopped and turned to face her. The sadness in his eyes reflected what Ginny was feeling inside. Impulsively, Ginny kissed him, in an effort to close the gap, to break down the wall, to see if somehow they could be as close in that moment as they had been when things were good.

But it was no use, the spark was gone. No matter how much Ginny wanted her feelings to come racing back, they didn’t. It was the gloomiest kiss she had ever had.

“Dean, you’re right, I’ve been so hard on you lately. I haven’t been being fair. I’m sorry,” she said sincerely.

“It’s not even really worth trying anymore, Ginny,” Dean said softly, “I’ve got to stop prolonging the inevitable, and just face it: my feelings for you are a lot stronger, than your feelings for me. We should just end it here.”

Ginny looked into his eyes and she could feel his heart breaking. It was awful.

“Why don’t we give it a day? We can go to sleep, start fresh, and both try our best tomorrow. If by the end of it, it’s still not working that can be the end of it. What do you think?” suggested Ginny, not really know why.

“What’s one day going to change?” Dean said simply.

“One day can change the world, Dean. You just have to work at it,” said Ginny confidently.

“Alright,” said Dean obviously not convinced, “I’ll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight.”

“Night,” Ginny responded, as he went into his dormitory.

Ten minutes later she was laying in her own four-poster, thinking about how utterly confused she was about all of her feelings.

On one hand she was ready to end her relationship with Dean. There were reasons why she should break it off with him, she didn’t love him and the longer they were together the more hurt she knew Dean would become, she could no longer have a decent conversation with him anymore, and of course there was the Harry factor hanging in the balance as well. Her feelings for the Boy Who Lived were...different, than they had been a few weeks ago. Breaking up with Dean would leave her free to explore them further.

But on the other hand it was hard for her to imagine what not being with Dean would be like, she wasn’t really sure that it would make things easier. She was afraid of being lonely, and regardless of whether or not she was with Dean, she would always consider him one of her best friends, and what if when they broke up, she lost him as not only a boyfriend, but as just a friend too? As she drifted off to sleep, she felt as though she were hanging in limbo between life with Dean and life without him.




“Hello again Ginny, ” said Lily, with the warm smile that Ginny had come to know so well in her dreams.

“Hello, Mrs. Potter,” Ginny sighed, as she realised that she was once again inside her never ending dream.

“Oh please, call me Lily, I think that a first name basis is in order between you and I,” Lily said kindly.

“Why should we be on a first name basis?” asked Ginny, feeling confused.

“Well we have met quite a few times here, haven’t we,” said Lily, “and I don’t think that this will be the last.”

“No probably not,” Ginny sighed. “It’s a bit mad, isn’t it? Having dreams about one of your friend’s dead parents. I mean, don’t you think that’s a bit strange?”

“You tell me, Ginny, is it strange?” Lily said with another smile

“Do you always have to be so bloody cryptic?!” said Ginny in frustration.

“For now, yes.” Lily laughed softly.

“Why?”

“Because this is your dream, Ginny only you can discover why you’re having the dream. You just need to think about it. The answer is waiting.”
Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear