Search:

SIYE Time:9:05 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


By The Way I Think I Love You
By katlover070

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: This is my version of Harry’s 7th year. He defeated Voldemort over the summer, with the help of Dumbledore of course, and was enjoying his 7th year. In this story, he didn’t go out with Ginny in his 6th year, but saw her as a best friend like Ron and Hermione.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4385



Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any other charecters. *tear* They all belong to the almighty JK Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot.



Author's Notes:
This is my version of Harry's 7th year. It's really AU, but I'm rather proud of it :D
Please review!




ChapterPrinter


By The Way I Think I Love You



“Hermione, I think I love him.”

“What!”

“You heard me. I’m in love with Harry Potter.”

That’s how it happened. That is how I figured out I was in love with Harry James Potter. A guy I thought didn’t even know I existed. I, in case you were wondering, am Ginevra Molly Weasley, commonly known as Ginny. I am the youngest Weasley sibling and the only girl for several generations. I have six older brothers, but only one of them is still in school with me. That’s my favorite brother, Ronald Billius Weasley. He is Hermione’s (Hermione Jean Granger, my best friend since practically forever) boyfriend. He’s also Harry’s best friend. So even if Harry did like me back, the possibility of Ron letting me date him was like one in a million.

So, while sitting in the Common Room two days before Valentine’s Day, supposedly doing my potions essay, I started thinking. At first it was of nothing in particular, but then my mind wandered. It wandered right over to the comfiest of the arm chairs, to the chair in front of the fire. The one where Harry was sitting, working on his Charms paper. He seemed to be concentrating very hard, but I kept hoping he would look over at me. I had managed to put myself in a very interesting position, one that my brother, if he were to look over, would surely kill me for.

I did manage to get some stares, but none from Harry. I had almost all the 6th and 7th year boys watching me that night. I guess I was more popular than I thought I was.

“Ginny, Harry’s looking your way,” Hermione whispered. I glanced over him, sitting in his chair, watching me. He was just turning back to his paper, when I managed to catch his eye. Our eyes locked, but then he pulled away and went back to his homework.

I smiled, he finally noticed me! Harry Potter noticed me! Plain old Ginny Weasley. I felt as if I was flying.

“Hermione,” I whispered. “Did you see that? He noticed me!” I felt like I was ten years old again. It was like that moment, in his first year, where I was all excited because I had seen Harry Potter.

Hermione, though happy for me, was concentrating on other things. My brother had just stood up and, leaving Harry alone at the table was walking towards the two of us. “Hermione, can I talk to you for a moment?” She nodded, grinning like a four year old in a candy store. Well, a normal four year old. Since Hermione's parents are dentists, I find it’s alright to assume she didn’t get much candy as a child. He followed her out of the common room.

Lavender Brown, Ron’s ex-girlfriend, burst into tears and stomped up the stairs to the girl's dormitory. Pavarti Patil (her best friend) was following close behind her. I guess she finally realized trying to get Ron back was a lost cause. He had eyes only for Hermione.

As soon as Ron and Hermione left the room, I took advantage of their absence. I stood up and stretched, the bottom of my shirt showing off my well toned stomach. I walked over to Harry, and tried to ignore the many stares I was getting.

“Hi Harry!” I said cheerfully, smiling at him.

“H-hi Ginny,” Harry stuttered. That made me curious. Was I making Harry nervous? There’s no way, could the Harry Potter actually have a crush on me? No, he was probably just worried about his Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests.

Little did I know how very wrong I was.

“So, studying for your NEWTS?” I said, trying to make conversation. He nodded. “Oh.” I looked around the room. I noticed it was a lot emptier than it was before I went over to talk to Harry. He noticed too.

“Looks like you broke a lot of hearts Ginny.” He laughed. I joined in, cracking up. It was kind of funny.

“So umm, this Sunday is Valentine’s Day. And a Hogsmeade weekend.” I nodded.

“Yeah, I love Valentine’s Day.”

“Do you have a date, for Hogsmeade?” I was a little taken back by his question, but I answered anyway.

“I was going with Luna, but then Neville asked her out, so I am, as of today, dateless. Why?” He blushed.

“Oh, umm, I was just wondering cause…” But he didn’t get to finish.

At that moment, Ron and Hermione, laughing, came back from their walk. I quickly covered for us.

“Thanks for the help Harry. I totally forgot everything on bezoar stones from class today.” Then I ran up the stairs to my dorm, leaving my essay behind, trying to hide my tears.

The next morning, I was a wreck. I was really embarrassed about the night before, and I didn’t really want to see anyone from last night. Plus, as the extremely pink Great Hall reminded me, tomorrow was Valentine’s Day, and I still didn’t have a date. Lots of guys had asked me, but I turned them all down. At the time, I wished I hadn’t. Now, not so much.

I walked silently to the Gryffindor table. Adjusting my bag on my shoulder and pulling my sweater tighter to my body, I scanned the table, looking for Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I found them sitting at their usual spot. Middle of the table, Hermione and Ron on one side, Harry opposite Hermione on the other. I walked over.

Staring at the floor I asked, “Can I join you guys?” They looked surprised.

“Sure Ginny,” Harry said politely. “You can sit next to me.” I smiled shyly at him.

“Thanks.” I dropped my bag next to me, and started eating.

I was sure someone was going to ask about the scene I had made, but no one said anything. Hermione started talking about Potions, and Harry kept trying to get me into the conversation.

He’s probably just being nice, I thought. He doesn’t really want to talk to me. So I sat there, almost completely silent. Harry seemed a little upset at my lack of response, but I didn’t really think anything of it.

Suddenly Hermione, who was deep in thought, said “Oops, I forgot my Charms book in the common room. Come with me Ron?” He nodded, and joined his girlfriend in her search for the book.

It was quiet for a moment, and then Harry started to talk.

“Ginny, listen, about last night…”

“Harry, don’t worry about it.” I interrupted. “I was being stupid. I never should have gotten up to try and talk to you. I made a complete fool of myself. You probably think I’m just some stupid kid with a silly crush on the ‘Boy-Who-Lived’. I was hoping maybe you would actually notice me if I went over and talked to you. Obviously I was wrong. I guess I’ll always just be Ron’s little sister to you.”

I grabbed my bag and made to stand up, but Harry pulled me back down.

“Ginny, you are so far from the truth. Yes, you used to be Ron’s little sister. But then, after the whole episode in the Chamber, you became my friend. Last year, I considered you one of my best. But this year, I started to really notice you. And, believe it or not, I fell in love with you. I feel so happy when I’m with you. All year, I’ve been trying to work up the courage to ask you out. Last night, when Ron and Hermione left, they only did because I asked them to. I was going to go talk to you, but you came to me, and kinda ruined my plan. I tried to ask you to go to Hogsmeade with me, but then Ron and Hermione came back, and you ran off. But now I’m gonna try again.”

He took a deep breath, he was very nervous.

“Ginny will you go out with me?” I nodded, grinning from ear to ear. Everyone at the table looked over at us, some shocked, some mad, but most of them looked genuinely happy.

While walking out of the Great Hall with Harry, I glanced back and saw Romilda Vane gripping her wand tightly. I honestly thought she was going to try and curse me. She started to follow us out, but right before she opened her mouth to talk, the door slammed in her face.

The next day was Valentine’s Day. Everyone going to Hogsmeade village was outside, waiting for McGonagall to give the ok that they could go. Ron had made a chair out of the snow. He sat down, and pulled Hermione down with him, forcing her on his lap. Harry was standing behind me, warming my hands with his. My gloves had mysteriously disappeared, so I was stuck with frostbitten fingers. But it was worth it. Harry rested his head on mine, and I fit snuggly in his arms. It was perfect.

Hogsmeade was beautiful. Snow was everywhere, and all the stores were decorated for Valentine’s Day. Harry and I went everywhere together. We held hands, and shared a kiss or two as we walked.

Normally, Ron would have been freaking out and yelling at me, but he was to busy kissing Hermione to notice.

Harry brought me to a jewelry store, and picked up a locket he had ordered, just for me. It had a picture of the two of us in the common room. Colin had taken it, the night I was talking to Harry. Now that he’s finally gotten over his obsession with Harry, he really started showing his true potential as a photographer. Afterwards, he told me to wait outside for him, so I was forced to leave. He bought a beautiful promise ring, and gave it to me that night. It was the best Valentine’s Day for a long time…

******************************* **************************************** *

“And you lived happily ever after, right Mummy?” Lily asked, staring up at me with her bright green eyes. I pushed a strand of her red hair behind her ear and smiled.

“Yes baby. After I finished school, Daddy asked me to marry him, and I said yes. The wedding was very beautiful. Your Aunt Hermione was my bridesmaid, even though I had trouble convincing her. She wasn’t sure she wanted to be in my wedding, because she was expecting your cousins Tommy and Arthur. Uncle Ron was Daddy’s best man. Then, about a year later, Daddy and I had you, and now you have a baby brother too!”

Lily yawned, but tried to cover it up with a cough.

“Okay my little flower, bed time.” She shook her head, and yawned again.

“Yes, I’ll see you in the morning.”

She yawned yet again and said, “Goodnight Mummy,” before falling asleep.

“Goodnight my flower,” I whispered, kissing my 4 year old daughter’s forehead, before turning off the light.

I shut the door behind me, and found myself staring into green eyes exactly like my daughter’s.

“Hello handsome,” I said, taking my son from his arms.

“Hello to you, gorgeous.” Harry said, winking at me. I gestured to the baby in my arms.

“I was talking to James, but I appreciate the ‘gorgeous’ stranger. But please leave; I don’t want my husband to see you. He defeated Voldemort you know, and he gets jealous easy. You wouldn’t want to cross him,” I joked, smiling at Harry.

He smiled back, causing me to melt inside.

“So, what story did you tell her tonight?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.

“The Valentine’s Day one. She practically knows it by heart. I’m surprised she’s not the one telling it to me!” I exclaimed quietly, careful not to wake James.

He looked exactly like Harry, but he had my big brown eyes. I looked back up at Harry, to see him grinning stupidly at me.

“Well, it is a pretty good story.” He said, before kissing me softly, before wrapping his arms around me. I leaned back into his embrace and held James close to me.

And I have a pretty good life.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear