Search:

SIYE Time:20:55 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Duel of the Late
By Walbunk

- Text Size +

Category: Mary Sue Challenge (2009-3)
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy, General, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: Mary Sue Contest 2k9 entry. Super-powered heroes, bungling villains, insanely huge inheritances... you get the picture. Moldyshorts won't even know what hit him!
Hitcount: Story Total: 2837



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first official fic! Hurrah for me, and all that. Anyways, before we start the fun, I have to say... IT'S NOT MINE :'(. Also, deviating from canon in that Voldemort is not sustained by 7 horcruxes, instead, he is based off the lich from Dungeons and Dragons. Soo... he is bound to his phylactery, and cannot die (permanently) while it is intact, His body will reform within a week every time it is destroyed.




ChapterPrinter



Duel of the Late

by Walbunk


Prologue: Meet the Nundrums


Tom Riddle, or Lord Voldemort as he liked to be called, waited impatiently for his trusted lieutenant to arrive. Facing the window overlooking the outskirts of London, he surveyed the sleeping city, pondering recent events, and attempting to ignore the two infants in the room with him. A noise at the door behind him made him turn, his hitherto snakelike face falling into the light, revealing his new skeletal visage.


Ahh, Lucius, late as ever, I see... Whatever shall we do with you? Well, what have you to report?” questioned Riddle, “What do those pathetic... sheep say of last week?”


My Lord, they celebrate your apparent demise,” answered Lucius. “They believe the war to be over, your power destroyed, and anticipate a long era of peace. This is reinforced by your orders for us to halt our... usual activities.”


And what of my followers? Are they... obeying my directive?”


Yes, my lord, though there are some who question...”


THERE IS TO BE NO QUESTIONING!!! I AM LORD VOLDEMORT!!!” At Voldemort's harsh cry, both infants awoke and began crying in fear. “Lucius... you woke my children... Crucio!” Voldemort held the curse on Lucius for a few minutes, reveling in the new feel to his use of magic. Finally, after Lucius had screamed himself hoarse from the pain, the infants began to quieten, and Voldemort lifted the curse. “Now, then, Lucius... do you have the papers that I asked you to get for me?” Lucius nodded, unable to speak. “Good, hand them over, they are instrumental to my new plan.” Voldemort pulled from the folder that Lucius handed over three sets of documents, everything that would be needed to set up three new identities. “Yes... you have done your work well, but you must not remember this... Stupefy, obliviate!”


As Lucius fell to the ground, Lord Voldemort, previously known as Tom Riddle waved his wand over his body. His appearance shimmered and shifted as new flesh grew over the exposed bones of his frame. He picked up both infants and walked to the fireplace, cooing “Come Conway, Connie, we're going to our new home. Nondrum House!” and in a flare of green fire, Connor Nundrum, formerly the Dark Lord of the century, was gone.



Chapter One: Sweet! 16

AN2: “Private” thoughts are written in italics and denoted by # #. ex: #think#. Mindspeech is written in bold italics and denoted by {/[ ]}. ex: {/[Mindspeech]}< /B>.



Harry James Potter of Number 4 Privet Drive opened his eyes the morning of July 31, 1996 and immediately wished he hadn't. The sunlight stabbing into his eyes and hammering into his brain hurt worse than the time he was bit by a basilisk his second year. #Merlin, why is my head pounding so much?#


{/[That's most likely due to all the muggle alcohol your cousin gave you last night]} came the mental response of Harry's girlfriend and bondmate, Ginny Weasley. {[/Honestly, whatever compelled you to drink with him anyways? He's always been so horrid to you before]}. Harry and Ginny had only recently bonded, after finding an odd book entitled “Bonding for Fun and Profit” by Sovran on Harry's bed two months after they had started dating the previous year. Now, with a MAHOOSIVE hangover and the voice of his girlfriend berating him in his mind, Harry began to question the wisdom of their bond.


{/[You DO know that I can still hear your thoughts, right, Harry?]}


{/[Oh, shite! Errm... only joking?]}


{/[You'd better be, or else you'll get a taste of my Bat Bogey hex on the one side, and a hot-seat on the other.]}


Harry shuddered. Not only was Ginny well known for the horrifying hex that turned one's mucus into enraged clawed bats that swarmed out of the nose to attack one's face, but they had also discovered that year that she had control over the elemental power of fire. No, Ginny Weasley was not a witch whom one wanted to cross lightly.


{/[I'm sorry, Gin... you know you're my only tonic.]}


{/[Oh, God! Not another lame alcohol related play on my name! I swear, if it weren't your birthday, and you weren't miserable enough I'd...]} Ginny's thoughts broke off as she contemplated exactly what she would do to punish her wayward boyfriend.


{/[Anyways, Ginny, what time is your father going to get here to take me back to the Burrow? I'm going just about spare here, dodging my aunt and uncle.]}


{/[Oh! Right! Er, he should be there right about... Now!]} as Ginny sent this along their connection, the front bell rang, immediately followed by the sound of Arthur Weasley exclaiming about how fascinating that particular piece of muggle technology was.


BOY!!! Get your freak things and move your freak arse out of my house!” exclaimed Vernon. Harry doubled over as the sudden loud noise quadrupled his headache.


Coming, Uncle!” With that, Harry quickly gathered his belongings (Hedwig had gone home with the Weasleys) and dashed out his room. He stopped by Dudley's door to offer a quick goodbye, which was echoed by his cousin, then bounded down the stairs. #FREEDOM!!!#


Vernon was grumbling about freakishness and the disrespect of the younger generation when Harry arrived downstairs, and only briefly looked up as Harry went out the door. Once the door was closed, Harry gave the two-finger salute to Number Four and then turned to Arthur. “Good to see you, sir, can we leave yet?”


Arthur chuckled “Certainly, Harry, certainly. Though, you might want to drink this hangover potion before we go... we Weasleys tend to be a mite loud when we all get together, and we don't want Molly knowing about your celebrations last night.” Arthur handed Harry a small vial wink a sly wink, and waited as Harry quickly gulped it down. “All ready, then? Then off we go!” With this, Arthur took hold of Harry's arm, and disapparated.


MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2 k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9


As he and Mr. Weasley arrived at the Burrow, Harry was struck by two things. First, there was a rather large crowd outside, with colorful decorations proclaiming “Happy Birthday, Harry!”, and second, there was a red-haired meteor on a collision course with his chest.


Oomph” was the only greeting Harry could get out as Ginny tackled him and wrapped him in an inescapable hug, stronger even than those of her mother. {/[Ginny, I love you and all, but... I can't breathe!]} Harry communicated desperately. Ginny's arms slowly loosened, allowing Harry's compressed lungs to re-expand and fill with life-giving oxygen. “I missed you,” he said softly.


Aww, we missed you, too, ickle Harrikins,” Harry heard from behind him. He looked up to see Fred and George grinning down at him, their eyes dancing with mischief. “Ickle Ginnykins just isn't anywhere near as much fun to tease without you around,” said Fred (or was it George?). “We've had to resort to bugging our Widdle Wonnie over his dear, pwecious Hermione,” concluded the other.


At this, Ron's face flushed an impressive scarlet, and he seemed to have discovered something quite intriguing about his shoes. Ginny, however, stood, her eyes burning with the flames of irritation. “You two just think you're hot stuff, now that you're out of school and have your own business! Well, let's see how hot you can take it!” With that, both twins yelped as their pants and hair simultaneously burst into flames. Ginny smirked, pleased with her handiwork “I've warned you boys before, you play with fire, you will get burned.” She then dismissed the flames.


Harry stood, and looked to the rest of the crowd, then said “Right, so, my party, yes? Happy birthday to me, and all that? Well, I can't properly go without my best mate or my girlfriend, so... shall we?” He then purposely strode away from the squabbling Weasley quartet, and greeted Molly “'Lo, Mrs. Weasley. Thanks for putting me up for a bit.”


Harry! Oh, it's no problem, no problem at all!” Molly fussed over Harry, exclaiming about how he needed to eat something, as he was wasting away. After a few minutes of this, Harry managed to escape her mothering, and came upon Bill.


Harry, I've got a missive from Gringotts for you here,” began Bill. “It came from the head of the Inheritance department, so, I guess you should go see them as soon as possible. I could take you by there tomorrow, when I go to work.”


Sounds good to me, thanks, Bill.”


No problem.”


The rest of Harry's birthday party passed without much incident, since Ginny managed to stop the twins from loading his cake with every firework known to wizardkind. After the party, Harry invited Ginny to come with him to Gringotts the next morning. She accepted, curious as to what the morrow might bring.


MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2 k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9MS2k9


Harry arrived the next morning at Gringotts with Bill and Ginny, and headed straight to the Inheritance office. When he knocked on the door, it swung open to reveal a large desk, piled with documents. A voice sounded from somewhere behind the mountain of parchment “Yes, who's there? What business do you have? I'm rather over-busy as you can see, and if you're just going to waste my time, then you can just leave. Well? Hello? Time is money!”


Yes, I'm Harry Potter. I received a summons from Bill Weasley. I think you wanted to see me...”


Yes, yes, otherwise I wouldn't have sent that paper, now would I have? Well? Come in, come in!” There was a sound of shuffling parchment, and finally the mountain split down the middle, and revealed a green-haired goblin perched upon a stool behind the desk. The nameplate on the desk read “Walbunk — Director of Inheritance”. The goblin grumbled to himself as he tried to find a parchment among the twin mountains “Ah, here it is! I shall require a small amount of blood, to verify your identity.” Walbunk pushed a small bowl and a dagger across the desk. Harry pricked his finger and allowed a bit of blood to drip into the bowl. “Very good, now then... You are Harry James Potter, born July 31, 1980 to one James Potter and one Lily Potter nee Evans? Of course you are, the blood doesn't lie. Very well, then, you are entitled to the Potter inheritance, the Black inheritance, the Pendragon inheritance, the Gryffindor inheritance, the Merlin inheritance, the Meek inheritance, and the Legacy of the Druids. The details for each are on these parchments here.” The goblin pushed a pile of parchments across the desk. “Please review them, and ask me any questions you might have.”


Er... did you say the Merlin and Pendragon inheritances? As in the Merlin and King Arthur?”


Yes, I did, and I said it in quite clear English. You may wish to get your ears checked, Mr. Potter, if you are having difficulty hearing. There are several good places in the Alley that I could recommend...” Harry tuned out the goblin as his eyes fell to the topmost parchment. Potter Fortune: roughly 34,428,000 Galleons liquid, Estates: Potter Manor, Scotland Yard, The Louvre... . The next parchment was a summary of the Black family assets, about 94,687,000 Galleons, Grimmauld Place, and a few other properties. Next came the Meek inheritance, which read simply “The Earth”.


Hold on, there... Mr. Walbunk, this one must be a joke... how could I inherit 'The Earth'?”


Hm? Oh, the Meek inheritance. Yes, that one, it was prophesied, you know. By a Nazarene about 2000 years ago. The prophecy simply stated 'Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.' Most people discounted that one, but... we at Gringotts have been tracking it, so there you are. You own the Earth.”


Erm... so, I own everything?”


No, no, silly boy. You simply own the Earth. Not everything on Earth, but simply the land. Truly, it's an enviable position... think of all the rent you'll accumulate.” The goblin's eyes glazed over as he imagined the massive amount of profit Harry was due every year.


Erm, right, then.” Harry flipped to the next parchment, which detailed the Gryffindor holdings. “Huh... I've never heard of those before. Mr. Walbunk, what are Timantti?”


Oh? That's an old currency, that is. Worth 32 Galleons apiece.”


Blimey, this vault has about 14 million of them! And, I own the entire town of Godric's Hollow! And Gryffindor's sword! And... bloody hell! I own Hogwarts!”


Yes, yes, a very rich vault the Gryffindor vault is.”


Harry quickly leafed through the other parchments, and saw that from the Merlin and Pendragon vaults, he had inherited over 600 million more Timantti, Camelot, the Crown of the Isles, Excalibur and its sheath, the Horn of Avalon, and the Title of Emrys. From the Druids, he received Stonehenge. In addition to these physical assets, each parchment listed a magical endowment to Harry as heir. Harry quickly signed the parchments, and then requested that he be shown each vault.


The first vault they visited was the Potter Vault. The cart stopped and their goblin guide instructed Harry to speak his name and then place his hand upon the family crest on the door.

When the door opened, Harry quickly looked inside, as did Ginny. The sheer amount of gold that met their eyes took both their breath away. {/[And this is your smallest vault?]} inquired Ginny. Harry could only nod dumbly, still speechless from the vast amount of treasure before his eyes. They entered the massive vault, and moved towards the center, where a bowl stood upon a simple plinth. Atop the bowl was a letter addressed to Harry in a tight, messy scrawl. Harry picked up the envelope and opened it, the jumped in shock as instead of a letter inside, an illusion of both his parents appeared before him.


Harry... I am your father,” began the illusion of James.


Oh, honestly! I should not have let you and Sirius go and see that stupid Star Wars film!” Exclaimed the illusion of Lily, “You just won't stop quoting it!”


Sorry, couldn't resist! After all, if he's viewing this... he — he doesn't know us.” James spoke to his wife, tears filling his eyes. Lily's face, earlier filled with annoyance, fell as she considered this fact. “So, I'm going to have as much fun with this letter as we can! Anyways,” James continued, looking at Harry, “this letter here is the result of a bit of brilliant spell work done by your mum, Harry. Hopefully, you are not viewing this letter at all, but... we have to be prepared for all eventualities. If you are viewing this, then your mother and I are gone, and you most likely never knew us. But, at least you survived, eh? Basically, you were prophesied to be able to defeat Voldemort, and so we went into hiding to protect you. In the bowl that this letter rested upon is another of your mother's creations. It contains, or will, upon our deaths, all the knowledge and power that your mother and I had whenever it is that we die. It's yours son, simply put the end of your wand above the bowl, and speak your name to absorb it. As I said before, I hope that either you do not see this letter, or that we are all there viewing it together. If we're not there, know that we love you. Oh, and if you have a girlfriend, which you probably do, please, PLEASE let it not be some girl by the name of Cyril.” As James finished speaking, Lily swatted the back of his head, then smiled sadly and gave a wave goodbye.


Harry was silent for a moment, tears rolling down his face as he cried for the parents he never knew. He felt two arms slowly encircle him, and turned to Ginny. She gave him a half smile, “Don't you even THINK of calling me Cyril, Potter,” she growled playfully. That served to break his funk, and he moved back to the plinth. Raising his wand above the bowl, he spoke his name, and then gasped as years of knowledge and power flowed into him in a rushing stream. Ginny also gasped, since due to their bond, the increase in knowledge and power was shared. When it was finished, they looked at each other and shivered, tingling with new-found energy.


Whoa.” They exhaled together.


The next stop was the Black Vault, which was even more full of gold and treasures than the Potter Vault. After that, they visited the Gryffindor vault. After opening the door, there was a burst of song as Fawkes appeared on Harry's shoulder in a burst of flame, a letter in his beak. The letter was from Godric Gryffindor, addressed to his heir, and described the method by which his heir could inherit his magical power. Harry followed the instructions, and another massive influx of energy followed. Fawkes then vanished as they moved on to the Merlin and Pendragon Vaults. At Merlin's vault, Harry obtained the power of Merlin and picked up several books on magic that had been lost to time. Then, at the Pendragon Vault, Harry found the sword Excalibur and the Crown of the Isles. When he belted the sword around his waist and set the crown upon his brow, all the power and wisdom of Arthur flowed into him. By this point, he and Ginny were swimming in acquired knowledge and power, it was intoxicating. The final stop of the day was at the communal vault of the Druids, where Harry supped from the Cauldron of Dagda to receive the massed knowledge of the Druids, and a fair amount of their power as well. Now, he and Ginny were both radiating enough pure energy that the typically dark and shadowed tunnels between the vaults were lit brighter than the noonday sun. When they realized how much they were radiating, they quickly suppressed their auras, and made ready to go home.


Harry and Ginny spent the rest of the summer practicing quidditch, snogging, and testing out their new powers.


AN: Well, that's the first chapter of this fic. Please R&R! It's the nice thing to do! Next chapter: Return to Hogwarts and related content.

Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear