Search:

SIYE Time:22:01 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Over the Horizon
By Vermouth

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 88
Summary: Imagine a world where Voldemort had won. Now imagine a post Hogwarts' Battle Harry stumbling into it... One man: Harry Potter. One goal: to survive. One quest: to do the impossible. One word: Power.
Hitcount: Story Total: 52655; Chapter Total: 3646







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Six

Brave New World

Harry opened his eyes groggily, wondering where in Merlin's worn pants he was at the moment. Blurry shapes stood unmoving before him; grey, white and black uninviting figures loomed over his disoriented vision. He blinked and shivered, feeling all clammy and chilled to the bone. He hugged his knees blindly, as a sudden heat waved over him. He was developing a fever, he knew that he should move, but he couldn't; he didn't have enough strength. He turned his head upwards; the skies were grey and dull, and he felt his cheeks getting wet from the unforgiving rain, drops falling down his neck and into the hem of his robes, freezing his insides and his heart.

His sight sharpened slightly as he became accustomed to the new light and his unwelcoming surroundings. He was at Godric's Hollow's cemetery, still. But where were his friends, he mused, turning his sore neck around, stopping as he felt his head tighten in dizziness. He tried to get up, but he couldn't get his knees to work properly, they were all shaky and wobbly, so he just settled for sitting down, at least for a while, before he could regain some of his former strength. Burying his head in his lap, he wondered how long he had been at the graveyard for, and why oh why had he been left alone. He slowly raised his head from his uncomfortable position, bracing himself to get up.

But before he could do anything of the sort, he looked at the gravestone in front of him…

The world stopped and something within him exploded.

Harry James Potter *31st of July, 1980 - † 31st of October, 1981 In innocence thou shalt eternally live

He was there… and yet he was buried six feet under, too. He felt divided, split in two; the true Harry James Potter laying beneath him, his young flesh mouldering in decay, his gleeful childish laughter lost within the depth of the earth… while the carcass of Lily and James Potter's son stood crouched before the gravestone, staring at the white marble stone in pure and open disbelief.

He drew breath sharply and, with all his might, he stood up, shaking his legs, wiping the wetness of his pained face with his sleeves. He stared at the tomb for a few minutes, letting his own grief and hatred uncoil inside of him, pulsing alive through his veins, pumping methodically like an extra heart. So lost he was in his own little world of despair that he barely noticed the wilted flowers that laid on top of the tomb, mimicking the body that was put to rest beneath the earth. He shook his head lightly and sighed.

'Let Harry James Potter rest in peace; his shell will do the dirty work.'

And he Apparated away, thunder resonating ferociously in his wake.

-oOoOoOoOo -

Tuesday, 1st of November 1981

GODRIC'S HOLLOW ATTACKED! By Basileus Rickdale

Yeste rday night a terrible event took place in the little village of Godric's Hollow, Western England, native town of Godric Gryffindor himself.

The little village of Godric's Hollow, a place where wizards and Muggles alike live in peace and harmony was yesterday night, on Hallowe'en, brutally attacked by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, who left behind the trail of a slaughter and murder of the most pure of lives: He brought death upon an innocent fifteen month-old boy, Harry James Potter.

James Cygnus Potter and Lily Nicole Potter, parents to Harry James, had been rumoured to be in hiding for quite some time because they were suspected to have been marked as the next victims of You-Know-Who. Shortly after the birth of the small green-eyed boy, the Potters disappeared, vanished, and few people have been able to spot them ever since. The true reason for seeking refuge in hiding hasn't been as of yet publicly divulged, but it is widely known that both Potters are extremely powerful and accomplished wizards, and that was thought to be the reason for being targeted.

However, it seems that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was never after James and Lily Potter, but after their son. What threat could a fifteen month-old pose against the darkest of the Dark Lords? What did the late Potter Heir have that marked him from birth to die at the hand of You-Know-Who? Whatever it was, it was enough reason for Him to seek and kill the child mercilessly.

The Healers have revealed after a post-mortem analysis the child had suffered from a prolonged exposure to both the Cruciatus Curse and the Bone-Breaking Curse, but wasn't killed until struck with the Killing Curse. They have stated that even if he hadn't been hit by the deadly Unforgivable, the child had too many broken bones to live a normal life and the torture he had endured was enough to incapacitate him permanently, driving him into insanity. Disturbed, a Healer informed that some kind of unknown but very dark curse had been placed upon the infant, but none of the Healers at St Mungo's feel they are any closer to deciphering which curse was casted on Harry James, they can only fathom it was something that caused the boy pain beyond anything believable. After reading the clinic results, one cannot stop the tears leaking down one's face, horrified by the pain that innocent boy suffered until he was struck by death.

But one must ask, "how was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named able to find the Potters? What sort of concealment charm did the family use to seek protection?"

The truth to those two questions is barely less terrifying than Harry Potter's tragic end: the Potters were betrayed by one of their friends.

Desperate one year-old parents Lily and James Potter went to Chief Warlock Albus Dumbledore for advice, for help. The Supreme Mugwump advised them to set up the tremendously complicated Fidelius Charm, which encases a secret in a single living soul, the Secret Keeper. Nothing can divulge the contents of the guarded secret unless the Keeper decides to reveal it himself, not even Veritaserum. Therefore, the Potters would only pick for the job someone they trusted their lives with: Sirius Black, best friend of James Potter, best man at the Potters' wedding and godfather to little Harry. It has been said that Dumbledore was against that decision, believing there was a leak on his side, that someone was untrustworthy; but James Potter refused to hear a word against his best friend and carried out his intentions. The charm was performed with Dumbledore as the caster, the Potters as the subjects of the charm and Sirius Black as the Secret Keeper.

Now, one week later, the Secret Keeper willingly gave away the information and Harry Potter is dead.

But what isn't known is that the Potters switched the Secret Keepers only three days ago, thinking it would be safer since Black would've have been too obvious for a choice: Sirius Black did not reveal their whereabouts, rather their other childhood friend, Peter Pettigrew.

Pettigrew, the fourth member of the infamous boy-band at Hogwarts, the so-called "Marauders", has been working actively in You-Know-Who's service for more than a year, leaking all the secrets of the Potter family and from many others of the Light side, leading to the deaths of Gideon and Fabian Prewett and the McKinnons. Yesterday night, after the Potter boy was murdered, Pettigrew was apprehended by Aurors and almost killed by his former friends, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black.

Held at the Ministry under the influence of Veritaserum, Pettigrew spilled all of his secrets to the revolted members of the Wizengamot. He was judged guilty of his crimes and sentenced to be Kissed in the morning.

No-one knows how, but Pettigrew has escaped from a Ministry cell and is now at large. Any sightings of Pettigrew should be immediately informed to the authorities.

But for now, let us pray silently for the innocent life that has been lost. Harry James Potter will be buried today in his babyhood village at sunset, surrounded by those who loved him while he lived.

For baby-photos of Harry James Potter, turn to page 4.

For everything to know about Peter Pettigrew, turn to page 6.

-oOoOoOoO o-

Harry bit his nails.

He smiled ruefully; he could clearly picture in his mind Hermione's stern and disapproving face; but she wasn't there with him to scold him, was she? The worst she could do, Harry mused, was to haunt his dreams and nightmares; but Harry somehow doubted that, were she to appear in one of them, she would start telling him off because of the bad habit he had recently picked up while they had been apart. But then again, he hadn't been himself lately, so who knew? Stranger things had been seen.

He sighed and rubbed his sore calves. He knew he was letting himself go, he knew he had to get out of his trunk and do something more rather than train and study all day, but he just didn't have the strength to do so at the moment. Guess that was what two weeks of being hid away in his isolated trunk, with absolutely no company other than his books and paper clippings, a fortnight of endless training and restless nights could do to a person's sanity.

He wasn't stupid; he knew he had to face the brave new world outside sometime, but he just couldn't — he had tried, really, but it was all so… twisted — that he didn't know if he could cope with it at the present.

He remembered his first day in the new unholy land, he recalled his anger and anguish at the view of his counterpart's gravestone; he remembered walking numbly towards what his former house had been, a sliver of warmth growing inside him at the hope of finding his parents living there — only to have his heart break at the sight of the cottage in Godric's Hollow: damp, derelict, abandoned, eerie and burnt down. He was standing in front of the threshold, his eyes wide open in grief and disbelief at the state of the ruined house, where so many years ago in another life he had been loved, cared for and happy. He had gripped onto the fence tightly in his feverish state, fearing he would fall to the ground, so hard had it been for him to watch the destruction of his family home again.

He had to get out of there, he knew there was nothing left for him in his old town — and he just didn't want to look anymore at the proof of the violence that had torn his family apart on that fateful Hallowe'en so many years ago. He might find his parents or he might not, but they weren't at Godric's Hollow anymore, so what was the use of reminiscing over the ending of what could have been a happy life?

Not knowing where to go in the new unwelcoming land, Harry Apparated to Hogsmeade to reach Hogwarts, the only true home he had ever known. If he was lucky maybe he could contact McGonagall there or even Snape, and then he would know what had happened to his parents and Sirius. He was just so anxious about them he couldn't think clearly anymore. He needed to know right then what had happened to them. So he started walking towards the path that led to the old school, but when he finally spotted it in the distance, he stopped, rooted to the spot.

Anger, despair and disbelief hit Harry forcefully at the sight of the old castle. It was nothing like he remembered. Instead of standing proud, reflected upon the lake, flanked by the Forbidden Forest, a refuge for those in need, it was nothing else but a decayed shadow of it: black, unwelcoming, dirty, foul. Despite its obvious magnificence and grandeur, the castle emitted waves of putrefaction, as if something was very rotten inside; it was as if Tom Marvolo Riddle had manifested his evil soul and carved it into stone.

Unable to get any closer, Harry decided it was best to come to Hogwarts another time, when he was ready to fight its perversion, and Apparated away.

Two weeks later, Harry was still in his trunk, biting his nails; he still hadn't had the guts to go back to his old school, he just didn't have enough strength to face it at the present time. But then again, who could fault him? After several weeks of doing research in Ravenclaw's National Library, he had slowly and painfully been stripped of everything he had ever held dear: Hogwarts, his beloved Hogwarts was lost to Voldemort, reeking the essence of the Heir of Slytherin… And then the Ministry, corrupted by incompetents and bigotry as it had been where he grew up, it was nothing but perfection compared to the new place…

To put it lightly, the Brave New World was completely upside-down.

-oO oOoOoOo-

W ednesday 8th of November 1981

THE BURROW, SEAWOOD COTTAGE AND LONGBOTTOM MANOR RAIDED! By Anonymous Journalist

If the murder of the youngest of the Potters, barely committed one week ago, hadn't been enough to satisfy You-Know-Who's savage murdering urges, yesterday night a full-scaled slaughter took place in three households, the Weasleys' Burrow, the Tonks' Seawood Cottage and the ancestral Longbottom Manor, leaving no child or adult alive.

As the sun rose over the horizon, three enormous Dark Marks were spotted, one next to Ottery St. Catchpole, where they Weasleys lived, one in Northern Wiltshire, dwelling of the Longbottoms and another near Brighton, home of the Tonks' family. Knowing what they were about to find, the Aurors dashed right away to the Apparition borders at the three places, only to find that all of the previous wards had been brought down. Fear and angst in their faces, they walked into the houses.

'It was horrible,' Auror Scrimgeour confessed, 'I walked into the Longbottoms' house, knowing that they were all dead, but I didn't — we didn't — we weren't prepared to see what they had done… No Killing Curse, just the Slicing Curse for the four members… And what they did to Alice — she was a fellow Auror, you know? I really can't — it's too hard to talk about it…'

One can only wonder in pure horror what the Death Eaters must have done to Alice Longbottom if a fully-fledged Auror like Scrimgeour finds himself unable to talk about it. Nevertheless, the pure extermination of the last members of the old Longbottom family is something that will surely create an even bigger fear within our hearts than before, knowing how well protected and safe they were, much more so than the rest of the wizarding dwellings.

But not only were the Longbottoms attacked, but so were the Weasleys and the Tonks'. When Aurors reached Seawood Cottage, it was only to find it in shambles, completely destroyed and burnt down. Not much is known about what happened to the three members of three family, parents Andromeda and Ted Tonks and six year-old girl Nymphadora, since there was nothing left of their home but a pile of soot and ashes. It has been, however, confirmed that they are dead because none other than Bellatrix Lestrange left a message for Aurors to find it, claiming that "she was the one responsible for cleansing the unforgivable filth her sister Andromeda had thrown upon the Black family" when she married Muggleborn Ted Tonks.

To find that someone could do that to her own brother-in-law, let alone sister and niece is something that can only make us wonder whether there is something that can stop these hideous attacks. Whether there's some morality, some line the Death Eaters do not dare to walk over. At abominations like these, a journalist can only think from time to time if it would be better if all of us, witches and wizards alike, were wiped off the map and left the Muggles to live peacefully, ignorant to the deadly power we magical people hold.

But the worst attack, worse even than murdering a sister and a niece, was the attack on the Weasleys. Kingsley Shacklebolt, who has recently joined the Auror ranks, has been said to have been moved into St Mungo's Hospital this morning due to the trauma inflicted upon him at the sight of what has been done to the Weasley family.

Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office and his wife Molly Weasley, formerly Prewett and sister of the late Fabian and Gideon Prewett, lived peacefully near Ottery St Catchpole, at The Burrow, a warm place that homed all seven of their children: William (11), Charles (9), Percival (5), the twins Fred and George (3), Ronald (1) and Ginevra (3 months-old).

For some unknown reason, the Weasleys, having removed his eldest son William from Hogwarts at the beginning of September, had decided to go into hiding,, as had before them the Potters, the Longbottoms, and the Tonks'. The reason why all of these families needed to be concealed so obviously from the rest of the wizarding world is still unknown, but there is no point in denying that these close and outrageous deaths are all interconnected. But as all the wards and previous protective magic failed the three former families, the Weasleys were attacked yesterday night too.

Not much has been revealed about their deaths, it has been only said that there were no Killing Curses, only a real bloody massacre. It has been leaked, however, that by the time the Aurors came, nothing could be done, that it had literally been a total butchery.

'It's the worst thing I've ever seen in my entire life,' Healer Davis says, 'if I didn't know that I was truthfully awake, I could've sworn I was trapped in the most terrible of nightmares. You don't even know what they did — to have to separate pieces and bits of bodies, depending who they had belonged to… And we still haven't found out anything about the youngest of them, little Ginevra and her brother Charles… I shiver at the thought of what they must have done to them…'

After this last and brutal statement, one can only hope that somehow these disgusting acts of murder will someday stop, that those guilty for committing such heinous crimes will be apprehended, brought to justice and swiftly executed. One can only hope that someday, someone will come and defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and thanks to that person we will all be able to live in a world where we don't have to fear for our lives and the lives of our innocent children, a world where fellow pureblood and Muggleborn are treated the same, as people, a world where we can live peacefully and breathe freely, happy to know we are a part of it.

-oOoOoOo Oo-

Harry sniffed around and jerked his head to the left; there was something alive in his vicinity. He scrunched his nose, trying to comprehend the smell that was filling his nostrils. It was a small creature, that he was sure of; and a hot-blooded mammal at that. What was it, a rabbit or a squirrel? He pounded his front paws on the soft grass impatiently, it was an impending need to know what animal was nearby, and he wasn't one willing to wait for hours on end without finding the solution to the riddle. He lowered his muscled form to the ground and began walking silently, barely audible among the soft sound the wind caused, the grass below him tickling his belly. Excitement bubbled up in Harry's body, he knew he was getting closer, he knew his prey wasn't far away, he could practically smell the blood flowing through the rabbit's — for he had detected already his victim was a rabbit — veins, he could practically see it scrunching its nose frantically as it scratched its long ears.

Without a second's notice, he jumped from the bushes that were hiding him and onto his unsuspecting victim. He had thought he would catch the unaware rabbit for sure, but the creature's highly developed reflexes caught him by surprise as it squirted away at lighting-speed. But the animal's terror and subsequent flight didn't put him out in the slightest, in fact, he felt much more excited with the thrill of the chase, the knowledge that the creature was running to save its life from his merciless clutches, the small heart beating quickly in its tiny ribcage, waiting from him to stop the melodic sound, the elation the hunt provided him until he pinned it down to the ground, never to let it go again.

Thomp. Eek.

Grrrwawr.

H arry roared triumphantly, he had caught his shivering prey and there was no way it could escape from his strong grip. He felt happy, ecstatic even. He was just about to close his powerful jaws over the poor rabbit's neck when something snapped inside him. Looking down at the shaking creature's body, he sniffed it and suddenly let it go, disgusted at himself as he watched it run away hastily.

Harry morphed back into his human form and walked back to his hidden trunk, massaging his aching belly. It was hard to live on mushrooms and wild berries, but for the moment it just had to do. He couldn't afford running amok in Diagon Alley or the Muggle world. For one, if he went into Diagon Alley without any disguise, people were bound to recognize his characteristic Potter traits. For two, if he hid his face, he might not be recognised, but it would look a tad suspicious and ridiculous if he went all covered up just to buy some food. And of course, the Muggle world was a bit of a jungle for him, since there was no way to know who he could end up encountering, so his aunt and uncle's world was out of the question.

He paced around his room inside his trunk restlessly, finding himself troubled at how much his Animagus form's instincts could take over his human mind. He plopped onto the soft mattress of his bed and kicked his shoes swiftly off his feet and rubbed his forehead absent-mindedly. He had been able to make a full transformation into a lion only a week ago, and no matter how much he tried to control the beast's urges, there was still a part of him that was too weak to fight the animal's sudden wishes. He sighed in defeat, maybe he was having such troubles because he was too tired to fight back.

He remembered with a small smile playing on his lips the first time he had managed to transform into a fully-grown lion. It had been fantastic, wonderful — he felt at ease, powerful, confident, as if nothing or nobody could ever hurt him. He had felt like the king of the jungle, above everyone else. His senses had all sharpened, his smell was extraordinary and his vision incredible. He was shocked to find when he melted back into his human form that some of the improvements he had acquired while being in the body of a lion remained in his human anatomy: his vision was better, his muscles were more developed than before, his hearing sharpened. It was as if the lion had given him something of its own and, in return, Harry had given the lion what it lacked, a bit of control and a superior intelligence. The only thing he needed to improve until he felt completely satisfied with the animal within him was more control over the beast's killer instincts. If he could only have that, then he would be at total peace with that form and move on comfortably to achieve the following one, the basilisk.

Admittedly, he didn't know where he stood with the thought that he could be the same animal as the one he had slaughtered a few years ago down in the Chamber of Secrets. It was unnerving and unpleasant, and for some reason that evaded his own understanding, ever since he had started on that specific transformation, willing his magic to run through his veins to morph his body into the new form, he had begun feeling guilty at the memory of the basilisk's death, as if he were nothing else but traitorous scum that had killed a fellow friend for no reason whatsoever. He knew he was being ridiculous, because if he hadn't, then both Ginny and himself would have been lying six feet under for over a while; but he still couldn't erase the guilt from his heart.

'Give it up, mate, or you'll end up loonier than before,' he chastised himself.

Be that as it may, he knew he needed it to perfect that form, it would come in extremely useful in battle: just one glance and — zap — it was nice knowing you, Death Eater! Cheers.

But he still didn't like the fact that his hands could end up bloodied by murder. It was war, that was true, but that didn't mean he had to like it. He sighed tiredly - no eighteen year-old should have to face what he did; boys of his age should be worrying about girls and their future careers, not hunting down psychedelic psychos through different dimensions.

'But you are Harry Potter — how could you actually expect any less?' he mused scathingly.

Maybe things would have been easier if he had his friends with him. At first, he had decided to leave them where they were, safe and sound in his old world. He knew he was being selfish, but he felt that he had a right to be so after all he had lived through, after all the deaths he had been forced to face. But he had soon realised that without them he was truly nothing, and in one night of pure despair, he had given up his intention of carrying out his plans alone and rolled up his left sleeve, where he had imprinted on himself a magical tattoo with his three Animagus forms. He didn't like it, but he realised that Hermione was right when she told him that if they all got the design on their left forearms, it would look much less suspicious as it could be taken for the Dark Mark. He had pointed his wand to his new and still sore tattoo to call them to him, but nothing worked, they didn't appear before his eyes out of thin air. He tried everything, even summoning them in Parseltongue, but it yielded no result other than his own frustration.

So he was left alone, in his trunk, hidden within the woods he had sought out, the Forest of Dean, the best place he had come up with to remain inconspicuous. He couldn't deny the fact that staying there, hidden while he prepared himself, made him feel as if he were closer to his friends, what with having been holed up in there with Ron and Hermione in a scruffy tent while they searched for the Horcruxes.

He covered himself with the mattress when he finished removing the majority of his clothes and rolled over to his stomach, fisting his hand and letting his chin rest on it. He knew he was procrastinating and that he should be looking for allies, the Horcruxes and ways to bring his friends to him, but he convinced himself he needed a few weeks to get accustomed to the new world and its ways, he had to swallow all the new information and dig upon the secrets of other people lest he made an unwise move.

He would have to come out and break out a whole bloody war, but for the moment he decided he would hone his skills and perfect the last and most difficult of his three forms, the phoenix, the symbol of birth and hope.

'Hope, yeah, right,' Harry snorted disdainfully, 'don't think I can dare to hope to live to my twentieth birthday party.'

-oOoOoOo Oo-

Saturd ay, 3rd of April 1982

YOU-KNOW-WHO DEFEATED BY DUMBLEDORE! By Bromilda Merryweather

T hat's right, folks: YOU-KNOW-WHO HAS BEEN BESTED BY DUMBLEDORE! After years of suffering, years of trials and battles, of murder, of loss, of despair — it has all come to an end when Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, emerged the clear victor of the greatest duel every seen by human eyes at the bay of Southampton.

Yesterday night, the last of the Light's forces clashed against the Dark army in the South of England, spreading the battle from Southampton to Brighton as the sun set over the horizon leaving a bloody trail behind in its descending path. Dumbledore's last men, a miscellaneous group of trained Aurors, Unspeakables, Ministry officials and old students loyal to him followed him into the fight, knowing it might be their last day on earth, fighting for our freedom.

The battle went on and on, with the death toll increasing by the minute. No side went to make prisoners of war, they threw all caution to the wind in front of Muggles and struck with the deadliest spells they knew to bring down the enemy. Not many things are known from the final battle apart from the blinding beams of light thrown at every side and the mounting numbers of dead bodies from both sidelines.

But the Light side wasn't being favoured. There were too many Death Eaters, too many werewolves, vampires, giants, banshees… and when it seemed that nothing could get any worse, You-Know-Who appeared, striking Dumbledore's followers one by one in a quick succession.

And that's when Albus Dumbledore turned on his feet and faced He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It has always been said that the Headmaster was the only one You-Know-Who ever feared and it appears to be so with a reason. Long-time friend Elphias Doge revealed excitedly this morning that he had never seen anything like it before, that their fight had been a true duel between real titans, magic cracking the air, but no sound coming out of their mouths, the most impressive of the powers being displayed as both fought for their lives. It was a very well matched duel, the two combatants tremendously skilled and powerful, but in the end only one could win and Albus Dumbledore triumphed over He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named with a final Killing Curse.

The Ministry is now a complete pandemonium, parties are breaking out in broad daylight, everyone is celebrating out in the streets, Death Eaters are being apprehended as I write this article, Muggles are being Obliviated, children are wandering freely along the streets, Dumbledore's being toasted at every wizarding home.

WE ARE FREE!

-oOoOo OoOo-

Days rolled by and soon October was nearing its end. Harry walked along a little path within the woods, lifting his head from time to time to glance at the falling leaves, the shrivelled trees and occasionally kicking some of the little stones he found on his way. He shivered unconsciously and wrapped his cloak tightly around his body; it was getting cold. He wondered briefly whether his mum and dad would have taken him out for a while on a beautiful autumn day like that one had they had the chance; if they would still do if he ever got to find them.

For Harry now knew they were alive — well, he couldn't be one hundred percent sure when it came to his mother, but he didn't want to bring his hope down, not when he had searched and searched but still didn't find any obituary with her name on it. His father, on the other hand, he knew was live because Harry had most mysteriously stopped wearing the Head of House Ring and only bore the Potter Heir one, and that had to mean that somehow and somewhere his dad was alive. He was desperate to meet the man that gave him his Patronus form, eager to find out how he truly was and not just hear stories about either how great or how conceited he had been, but nothing came out of his endless and restless hours of research and he knew he'd have to quit going to Ravenclaw's library soon since he was running out of the Polyjuice Potion Hermione had brewed for him before he disappeared.

Reaching the borders of the Forest of Dean, Harry sighed and pulled his hood over his cloak after checking and rechecking he had packed everything and that his protective vest was securely wrapped around his chest - if there was one lesson he had learnt from Moody it was that one could never be careful enough. When everything seemed to be alright, even up to the old deceased Auror's standards, Harry Apparated away.

It was time to go back into the real world.

-oOoOoO oOo-

Frida y 10th of April 1992

HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE -NAMED RETURNS! By Armenius Wraughtsbridge

A decade of peace, a decade of not fearing for our lives and the lives of our family is over. Yesterday night, one week after Dumbledore announced his return to the disbelieving public, You-Know-Who made an open appearance by murdering Amelia Bones, Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department in the very core of the Ministry of Magic, letting all of us know crystal clear that his second reign of terror has begun.

For seven days the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot has proclaimed that You-Know-Who is back, that he was never truly gone, only biding his time until he could regain his body — but no-one, dare I say it, wanted to believe him, no matter how hard Albus Dumbledore has fought for our freedom, no matter that he was the one that brought He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named down over a decade ago, giving us all these ten years of peace and content.

Minister Cornelius Fudge was reluctant to hear any of Dumbledore's words and even got as far as proclaiming him senile and inadequate for the position of responsibility he held in Justice, but never had the opportunity in only a week's time to ban him from the Wizengamot and strip him of all of his medals and awards as it was rumoured he intended to do. But now, with the crushing evidence of You-Know-Who's return, the Minister is in for a deal of trouble for not acknowledging Dumbledore's pleas to take immediate action against Him and his Death Eaters.

One week ago, on the 3rd of April, a date that symbolised the conquer of good against evil, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named by means of some most mysterious object that was being kept at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for sake-keeping, returned from his previous state of a mere spirit into is all-time feared human form, aided by the inconspicuous Professor Quirinius Quirrel, who had been secretly helping him all this year, first attempting to steal the object that had been before lying in the Gringotts' vault that was broken into last 31st of July, and then throughout the academic year, although how he managed to do that is still unknown. From the moment Dumbledore realised the object, which he didn't dare to reveal to the open public, was removed from its apparently safe hidden place, he knew that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was back and tried to pull all of his strings at the Ministry to build an army against him again, but few listened to the Chief Warlock.

But now the evidence he is back is incontrovertible, and we must brace ourselves for what is to come. There are still many Death Eaters that were not apprehended the last time, the most dangerous and notorious of them being the Lestranges, Bellatrix and Rodolphus, who are widely known for their cruelty and the pleasure they take in breaking their victims.

The Ministry will soon publish some pamphlets for the safety of our families and send them to our homes.

May Merlin have mercy on our souls.

-oO oOoOoOo-

Harr y materialised out of thin air at a Ministry-approved Apparition Point in Diagon Alley, just next to the entrance to Knockturn Alley. Well, he hoped it was still approved in the new world, it wouldn't do him much good if he crashed into someone the minute he decided to get in touch with other humans, no matter how well he disguised himself. He checked for the hundredth time his hood was still in place and that his face was still fully covered before stepping completely into Diagon Alley.

The sight that met him didn't come as something unexpected but it still crushed his heart. The cobbled and busy street that had shown him that magic truly existed when he first stepped into the world that had dubbed him as the Boy-Who-Lived so many years before was nothing but a mere unrelated memory when compared to the Diagon Alley of this world. If Harry hadn't known they were actually the same place, he would have never made the connection between the crowded street he walked along so many times before and the empty and grey one he was at presently. Broken tiles lay splattered along the pedestrian street, pieces of wood hung loosely from the dusty and chiselled doors, dirty crystals covered the inside of the few opened shops to passers-by, a tense air filled his nostrils. The scene reminded him of those Western cowboy movies he had seen when he lived at the Dursleys, lying flatly on his stomach, hidden from view beneath Dudley's massive bed, watching excitedly as the good and handsome guy drew his gun and pointed it at the bad and ugly guy. Well, to be honest, no, that image was not the one that he had sprung to his mind when he'd seen the new Diagon Alley; as far as he could see there was no ugly and bad guy around and he most certainly wasn't a handsome cowboy. What had reminded him so much of the Western films was the isolated and abandoned landscape, with no other people around, the wind blowing savagely against his face. Toss in some of those fluffballs and a mysterious whistling tune and he might as well be filming one of those movies.

Harry snorted. 'Mate, you are losing it.'

He made his way at a quick pace toward Gringott's, the wizarding bank run by goblins, somewhat hoping that he would not encounter Griphook. Granted, the Griphook in the new world wouldn't know him at all since he was supposed to be dead and also his face was completely hidden from view, but he would surely sense he was uneasy with him, and that would look a tad suspicious to the sly creature. He sighed inwardly - if he ever got to see his Kingsley again he would have to thank him properly for the robes he was wearing, he knew he owed him big time. He still didn't know how the Minister had managed to do it, but he was grateful he had given him some of the Unspeakable robes. They just had to be the most comfortable ones he had ever worn; they were just about perfect, they fitted him everywhere like no other cloth had ever done. The first time he had tried them on, he was a wee bit sceptical about them, because it looked as if they were just like a massive black handkerchief, not humanly defined, but as soon as he had touched them, they had sprung into life nearly making his heart stop and surrounded him magically, enveloping his body snugly and comfortably, allowing him every single movement he desired, as if he was were naked. Thankfully, he wasn't, but he still had the freedom of walking starkers without the embarrassment of doing so. He had to admit that to someone else, the sight of him in his Unspeakable robes might be somewhat creepy, since where his boyish face should have been, with them on there was nothing else but a black pit from which two green orbs shone from time to time, but he couldn't do anything about it. Kingsley had told him that his eyes weren't supposed to be seen at all, but that for some strange reason that wasn't happening to him. Still, it wasn't that terrible, at least he would be able to repel people due to his eerie appearance.

With those thoughts in mind, he entered the wizarding bank apprehensively. He needed to change a great sum of wizard money into Muggle money. He had decided to buy a place of his own in the outskirts of Muggle Edinburgh, so he needed to change his money. At first he had thought about moving into Grimmauld Place since, technically it was still his so the wards should theoretically still recognise him, but then he had vetoed against the idea for two reasons; firstly, he knew that Sirius was still alive somewhere, so it wouldn't be a good idea to claim it as his if he wanted to remain anonymous for a little longer; secondly, if he wanted to cast a Fidelius Charm over a property of his, it wouldn't be the greatest idea of them all to do it in the middle of London on a house he was positive Voldemort knew about. He would have to go into Grimmauld Place sometime soon to see if the Slytherin Locket was still there, but he wouldn't be setting the Black House as his headquarters if he could avoid it.

He glanced around realising the bank was pretty much the same as it had been back in his old life. The only big difference between them was the lack of customers; only a few humans could be seen amongst the dwindled population of goblins. As he made his way to the nearest teller, he noticed some of the looks that were being shot at him. Surprised at the odd demeanour that seemed to have possessed the rest of the people inside the bank, it dawned on him that people were parting, providing him a clear path to the closest goblin stand, fear etched on their faces. He was really aching to know why the seemed to scared of him, but he refrained himself; he was looking quite creepy and intimidating at the moment, after all. However, things started looking too weird and uncomfortable for him when he noticed that the goblin attending him didn't even spare him a curious look at his request to change that impressive amount of money he placed before its eyes on a bottomless pouch, the goblin merely kept his eyes down, verifying the bag contained the sum of money Harry had said it did and then proceeded to place in front of him stacks of Muggle notes: the goblin was shivering in fear, too.

Bemused, he nodded to the goblin and headed towards the exit, hoping to find out what on earth could have scared one of the ever impartial and undeterred goblins. As he was about to reach the door, a woman blocked him with her opulent body, her three children and the countless bags she was carrying. She seemed to be sorting out her purchases before she left the bank while her oddly quiet and well-behaved children, one of whom was incessantly tugging at her robes while looking at him with wide eyes.

'Not now, dear. Give me a minute and then you can tell me anything when we get back home,' she admonished the little boy without sparing him a single glance.

But the boy didn't stop, and one of his two brothers had already noticed the source of the boy's odd demeanour: Harry. Just as he was about to ask the woman politely to please move so he could get away from there — and from the children who were making him so uneasy — the smallest of the boys turned his round face to him and then whimpered and made a puddle at his feet.

'Oh, honestly, William,' said the woman absent-mindedly, bending down to clean her child with a flick of her wand, ever oblivious to Harry's confused presence. 'If your papa hadn't said that you were all to be away from home as the wards were set up again, I would have left you there. You can't just come into the bank and wet yourself,' she said, wiping Wiliam's blond hair off his face.

Harry had had enough. 'Excuse me, ma'am?'

'Yes dear?' she asked, while she still checked William was clean enough.

'Could you please move? It's just that you are blocking the way,' he said as calmly as he could, doing his best to ignore the three children staring fixedly at him.

'Oh yes, I am so — you're him! You are Ares!' she screamed as she grabbed her children and swiftly disappeared via Portkey, leaving half of her purchases behind.

To say that Harry was shocked beyond words would have been the understatement of the year. He briefly considered the option he was still dreaming and hadn't woken up yet, because the idea that everyone in this world had gone nutters didn't sound that appealing to him. He wondered who the blazes that woman had confused him with, who that Ares guy that frightened her so was. He shrugged inwardly - it had to be some Death Eater he had never heard of, he thought as he walked to the nearest Ministry-approved Apparition Point. But before he decided to pop away, both of his wands which were currently strapped to the holsters he had placed on his forearms moved. Arching an eyebrow, he looked around.

'Ollivander's?' he asked, flummoxed.

He entered the shop, grimacing at the shrill sound the door made and sneezed unwillingly, the dust inside making his nose tingle unpleasantly. As soon as he approached the counter and before the shop-keeper made his appearance, he saw the endless piles of wands begin to stir and vibrate softly at first, and then more and more forcefully.

'Good morning, Mr - ?' a soft voice said.

Harry turned around. Sure enough, Ollivander was there, as creepy as always, with his silver eyes and wizened face. 'You don't know who I am?' he asked blankly, he had been sure the wandmaker would somehow know who he was, seeing as he had always had that infuriating ability.

'I am afraid I do not, Mr Mysterious; but you are having some serious effect on my wands,' said Ollivander, his eyes gleaming in unhidden curiosity.

'Well then I guess I'd better say nothing at all. I wish to remain anonymous, Mr Ollivander,' Harry said more calmly than he felt, his voice rising amidst the deafening sounds the wands and boxes were emitting.

'Indeed, Mr Unknown. However, I feel as if I had met you before, and you are not an enemy,' said Ollivander smoothly, turning his eyes to his shop. 'Now let's see what happens, I have never heard of such an extraordinary thing like this before,' he finished nonchalantly, as if he were talking about something as common and usual as the weather in Scotland.

Suddenly, the boxes stopped moving while Harry's wands jerked madly in their holsters as another box flew straight onto Harry' hand. Bemused, he glanced at Ollivander, who nodded at him briefly in approval and then lifted the lid. Harry gasped, not noticing Ollivander's eyes widening in recognition: it was the counterpart of his holy and phoenix feather wand. Just then, his other two wands flew straight out of their containers and Harry had to do his best to keep his eyes open, the amount of light inside the shop blinding him.

The red gleam that invaded the shop was hurting his green orbs, and through narrowed eyes he could see that Ollivander had crouched down, his hands on his face, protecting his eyes. He could feel the magical power around him, so free, so forceful that it made him dizzy; but just as suddenly and unexpectedly as it had started, it stopped, and Harry had to blink twice before his vision worked properly again.

'My, oh my — how extraordinary!' said Ollivander next to him, his voice filled with childish glee.

'Er — what?' said Harry blankly, his head still spinning. He turned around to see what had caught the wandmaker's eye so much.

His jaw dropped two feet.

Instead of three wands, two of them completely identical, now stood before his eyes, in Ollivander's wrinkled and bony hands one sole wand, a bit longer than any of the others had been before, red as his own blood, gleaming proudly against the shop-keeper's dull skin.

He picked it up gingerly with two of his fingers, but as his hand made contact with the piece of wood, warmth stronger than he had never imagined possible took over him, lifting his heart and bringing an unwitting smile to his lips. It was natural — it was wonderful

'Wicked!'

'Indeed,' said the Ollivander, his face scrunched in concentration. 'Now that will be all. If you could please leave seven Galleons on the counter before you leave,' he continued silkily as Harry blushed and went straight for his pouch. 'Excellent, Mr Anonymous. Now this meeting between you and me will remain a secret, and no harm shall befall us.'

'I expect I shall be hearing a lot from you from now on. Good day to you, Mr Potter.'

-oOoO oOoOo-

Tue sday, 9th of June 1992

BARTY CROUCH JUNIOR: THE NEW MINISTER FOR MAGIC! By Mildred Yaxley

We have all been feeling for quite some time that old Minister Cornelius Fudge was not up to the job, we have on numerous accounts protested, saying that Fudge lacked proper wizard pride and that his methods of leading such a powerful nation as Britain were insufficient; but until yesterday, none of our rightful complaints were acknowledged: yesterday night Cornelius Fudge was voted out of his office by the newly reformed Wizengamot and Barty Crouch Junior appointed as the new Minister for Magic.

Young Bartemius Crouch, son of the famous and driven to insanity by a group of terrorists Barty Crouch Senior, has proved on numerous accounts to be an incredible asset in reinforcing the Ministry from within. An incredibly capable wizard, Barty Crouch is the youngest ever to hold a position of such power and responsibility.

'I didn't actually expect to have the Wizengamot put such confidence in me,' he admitted, somewhat bashfully, 'but I can promise I have many ideas to improve this nation and ascend it to the position of respect it should hold in front of the whole world. We have very exciting times ahead of us.'

When asked about what he planned to do against the Dark Lord's second rise, the Minister assured he would do everything in his power to ensure the safety of the wizarding families, to protect the magical people. Clearly, the new Minister for Magic is exactly what this country needs, a whole new revolution from which we shall be reborn from our ashes, greater than we ever were.

-oOo OoOoOo-

Harry wiped the sweat off his forehead, for it had been a very tiring day. He removed his sticky shirt from his body and slumped on a couch in front of the chimney, kicking off his shoes and socks in one movement and pouring himself a glass of Firewhiskey. Stirring his glass cautiously, he smiled as he remembered the time Ron had convinced Ginny, Hermione and himself to get drunk. Well, actually convinced Hermione and himself, Ginny was all for it since the beginning.

He sipped a bit from his glass. He'd rather drink like this, slowly, enjoying the whiskey, rather than getting his brains fried with too much of it. He ran a hand through his hair, his mind running through all the things he had done that day.

He had woken up from a nightmare before the break of dawn drenched and hyperventilating, but thankfully it had nothing to do with a Voldemort-induced night terror. No, it was a just one simple and everyday nightmare, nothing special and psychedelic about it; but it was still terrifying. He guessed all that rubbish he had read from the newspapers and his own anxiety had triggered it, because his dream was certainly related to everything he had learnt over the last few weeks in the new unwelcoming land. Still, at the end of the day he couldn't really remember what it had been about, so it wasn't really that important.

After having taken a shower, he had decided to continue setting up the wards of the house he had recently bought. It wasn't much of a home per se, since in his opinion home was where they heart is, and his heart was somewhere very far away, but it was welcoming enough. It had cost him more than he thought it would, but then again, it was a comfortable two-floor house with a nice garden on the outskirts of Edinburgh, and besides he had never had any proper education when it came to Muggle finances. He snorted in his drink at the mental image that crossed his mind, featuring a patient Uncle Vernon explaining to a clueless Harry about money and how to invest it wisely.

His house was nice enough and it would certainly do for headquarters of the resistance he was planning on starting soon enough. After having made sure the basic wards were up, he crossed his fingers and closed his eyes and called for Kreacher, hoping that the bond between Master and House-elf worked between cross-worlds. To his utmost delight, it had worked perfectly and now Harry had some company and the reassurance he would be properly fed, no more mushrooms and no more berries, nothing else but succulent and mouth-watering homemade meals, thank you very much. Well, if he ever saw Mrs Weasley again, at least she wouldn't have to fuss over him saying that he was underfed.

So now the wards had been set up and he had decided to use Kreacher as the Secret-Keeper for the Stranger Sanctuary, as he had decided to call his newly acquired house, Well, it made sense to call it that, he was a stranger in a forsaken world, someone who shouldn't even be there, and since he was planning on defeating the current dictatorial regime and ban everyone who bore the Dark Mark or had ill intentions towards him from the house, it could be perfectly called a sanctuary for those in need. The final wards he wanted to set up were a bit more complicated and considered to be Dark Magic. It wasn't as horrible as the Cruciatus Curse or anything of the sort, but it required a blood sacrifice from the person who wanted to build the protection, and that was something that was heavily frowned upon in the Light circles.

Still, it would be the ultimate protection against Death Eaters, he just needed a fellow wizard he trusted enough to carry it out. Kreacher, as a House-Elf, was magically powerful, but he was blissfully ignorant when it came to the ways of Dark Magic and theoretical knowledge. No, he needed someone from his side that actually knew about the Dark Arts, someone like Snape; although he wasn't that sure he would enjoy having his former Potions Professor in that situation, with his bat-like tendencies and disrespectful ways angering him. One thing was sure, there was no way he would let a woman look over him. No, thank you; it was bad enough to have another man in that position, let alone letting a woman fuss around him when he had to perform the ritual naked. No way, he probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on the wards, he'd be too embarrassed.

Sighing, he got up and went to the nearest table, where he had spread a pair or maps and plans and a couple of confidential files. Who knew that blackmail and coercion could work so well in the underground London when wearing his frightening Unspeakable robes. He was still at a loss as to why people seemed so unnaturally scared of him dressed like that. Granted, he wasn't looking especially friendly wearing black from head-to-toes, his green eyes shining from the black hole that was his face from time to time; but to have a mother run away from him, screaming for bloody murder? To have Borgin stuttering incoherently? Well, he was intimidating dressed like that, there was no point in denying it since it was the truth, but he certainly didn't consider himself as if he were Voldemort in the flesh!

He took another sip of whiskey. 'Ares… Ares… Who are you?' he mused, placing the glass on top of the table and rolling the maps up, tying a band around them and moving them towards the nearest shelf. He had heard that name mentioned whenever he made an appearance, next to the name "Innominabile", but he still didn't have a clue as to what people were talking about, and he didn't want to dig in too deep, he needed to keep his identity well hidden until it was time to reveal himself.

He scratched the back of his head and sat down again, trying to focus into clearing his mind. He had been practising his Occlumency shields daily and, very slowly, he could see that he was improving. He would never be a natural Occlumens like Voldemort or Dumbledore, not even one as skilled as Snape, but he could get to be proficient enough in the subject. He had learned from Kingsley that the first step into succeeding in the matter was to be at ease with himself, not blissfully happy, but comfortable with the person he had become. A few months ago that proposition would have been laughable, but right now Harry felt much more at ease with his personality. If he was content with the person he had grown into, then it wouldn't be too difficult to immerse himself in his own mind and stay there comfortably. However, if one were over-confident or arrogant, he would never reach the mind in his soul, for he would become too distracted and marvelled by its surroundings. The key was equilibrium: he knew who he was, he knew he had more things to live for rather than die battling. He wasn't arrogant, but he was more confident in his abilities than he had ever been before. He was taking control of his own life, he wasn't letting someone else decide for him; he wanted to fight because he wanted to live his life to its fullest, not because it was his destiny.

Breathing amply, Harry focused inwardly, searching for his mind, deep within his soul. About one minute later, a gleaming castle came into view: Hogwarts. As he had seen in his Animagus Potion-induced vision, the form his mind had taken was the gleaming castle he had always called home, where he felt the safest and the warmest, where his best memories had happened. He entered and smiled at the sunny ceiling, making his way towards past the Gryffindor table and into the corridor that led him to the Transfiguration classes, where he had placed all of his thoughts and knowledge about the matter. He opened and grinned at the increasing shelves, packed with little orbs that represented what he had learnt. He approached the shelf dedicated to his Animagus abilities and picked the one he had been gradually filling with his latest training, turning into a phoenix. He hadn't improved that much on the transformation, but at least he was able to produce a beak and some red feathers. He then placed the orb back to its rightful place and cast a pair of cleaning charms on the classroom; it helped to keep his memories intact and not become distorted with random thoughts.

He exited the classroom thoroughly satisfied and walked past the Charms corridor. He had designed his mind in such a way that thoughts and pieces of information came faster and more accurately than they ever had before. If he had learnt to organise his mind before he came into Hogwarts, he was sure he would've been one of the best students of his year. But as it was, no-one could ever be at the top of the year with a mind that looked like World War III.

He kept his adventures in the third floor beneath the trapdoor in what had been Fluffly's room. He kept the good times with his friends in the Gryffindor common room, his private moments with Ginny in the Room of Requirement; everything related to battle and Voldemort down in the Chamber of Secrets, where only a Parselmouth like himself could gain access to; his darkest hours and grief in Dumbledore's office, where Fawkes would try to lift his spirits; his Patronus-worthy memories hidden in the Mirror of Erised…

All in all, Snape would have been proud of the vast improvement Harry had made in the subtle art of Occlumency. He was actually aching to try Legilmency, but he knew better than to practice it before he had mastered its opposite, he could end up locked, spilling all of his secrets.

He smiled once more and retreated from his mind, opening his eyes. He stood up and went to his bedroom. Waving his hand, he lit a fire and covered himself with the warm duvet. He sighed comfortably - tomorrow would be another day.

Tomorrow he would start his Horcrux hunt: Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

-oOoOoO oOo-

Tuesd ay, 23rd of June 1992

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE: LIFE-SENTENCE IN AZKABAN FOR TREASON! By Rigoberta Nott

None of us ever thought Albus Dumbledore capable of committing such atrocity, but yesterday morning he was found and brought down by His Excellency the Dark Lord after having murdered our esteemed Minister's insane father, Bartemius Crouch Senior.

Albus Dumbledore, once the leader of the Western world and champion of the crowds; aided by his group of terrorists "The Order of the Phoenix", has been continuously threatening the society we have all fought so hard to build, a society where there is a proper order and a proper respect to the wizarding kind. But Dumbledore and his allies have again and again refused to settle down in this glorious country and, instead of fleeing, they have tried to bring it down illegally and by force.

It was suspected Dumbledore had driven Bartemius Crouch Senior to insanity, but it was never confirmed until His Excellency the Dark Lord managed to get a confession out of the ancient warlock by means of Veritaserum, proving that not only had Dumbledore tortured the Minister's father but also murdered him! Now, we always knew that Dumbledore and the Minister had never seen eye-to-eye, but this act to cripple the Ministry is one of the most heinous and despicable acts that can be committed.

'No words can express how much the loss of my father has affected me,' confessed the grieving Minister, 'but at least I can take comfort in the fact that the culprit has been apprehended and no-one else will suffer from his acts.'

Most of us are asking for Dumbledore's head on a spike, but His Excellency the Dark Lord is merciful as always and has decided it best to keep him in Azkaban, serving a life-sentence so he can purge and redeem himself. We can only thank Slytherin we have been blessed with such an omniscient and omnipotent ruler, his very own descendant, the Dark Lord. Whatever did we do to be so fortunate?

- oOoOoOoOo-

Th e path to Number Twelve Grimmauld Place was practically deserted on that Hallowe'en evening. The streetlamps lit the cobbled street dimly, giving the area an eerie glow. Harry walked quickly, hidden under his Invisibility Cloak, not wanting to linger around, just in case someone noticed some strange happenings or some headless voice talking.

It barely took him a couple of minutes to reach where the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black should have been, between number eleven and number thirteen. But there was nothing between them, no number twelve. That could only mean one thing.

'Grimmauld Place is under the Fidelius.'

Fidelius or no Fidelius, Harry knew that nothing could prevent its rightful owner from entering the property, because if it did, it would be usurping something that was entitled to him, and the charm wouldn't work properly. He would have to find out who had cast it and what his intentions were, though. If they were on the same side, the Grimmauld Place could be used for whatever the caster wanted; if not… well, he may humour him for a while. Bearing in mind that no matter how the door should appear to him because he had both the Black blood running through his veins and he had inherited the Black legacy from Sirius when he died, he approached the fence and cleared his throat.

'I, Harry James Potter, grandson of Dorea Black and heir to Sirius Black, command the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black to open its doors to me,' he ordered in an authoritative voice.

Something clicked and out of nowhere a black board appeared in front of him.

'Password? You are asking for a password?' Harry said in disbelief. Now that was something he had never expected, and he didn't think Kreacher would have lied to him or given him half-truths about the matter. The problem was, what could the password be? Somehow he doubted it would be something related to sweets, the Black family didn't seem all that keen on candy. So what would the logical password for the Blacks be?

'How could I ever be so stupid?' he groaned, 'Toujours Pur!'

Out of thin air, Number Twelve Grimmauld place appeared before his eyes as gloomy and dark as always, and Harry couldn't help smirking smugly at its sight. He crossed the threshold and entered the derelict house, his nostrils being invaded by some putrid smell that made his stomach churn violently. The house was different than he remembered, it was more intimidating, more unwelcoming than it had ever been before, even worse than the first time he stepped into it, in the summer before his fifth year at Hogwarts.

'Homenum Revelio!' he whispered, but nothing happened, no-one was in the house. Breathing freely again, he waved his hand to ignite the gas lamps and walked as silently as he could past Mrs Black's sleeping portrait. It wouldn't do him much good if the blasted woman started yelling at the top of her lungs. He walked to the stairs, glancing around. He was repulsed by the house, it was even crueller and more threatening than it had ever been before; clearly Sirius didn't live there, it probably was as it had been before the Order had started cleaning it. He was amazed at the fact that Sirius had been able to live in that house for as long as he did; the Dursleys looked tame and friendly in comparison to the Blacks. He climbed the stairs to the first floor, trying to remember where the locket had been in his own world. Smiling sadly, he realised that he lacked Hermione's outstanding brains. 'Accio Slytherin Locket!'

A buzz and then one zooming sound later, the locket was secure in his hands. Smirking slightly he went for the exit, descending the stairs. He knew he couldn't linger, it wasn't safe; he had managed to get what he needed, his task was done, and now he had to leave.

'Oo ze 'ell arg yoo?'

Harry nearly jumped out of his skin in surprise. Slowly, dreading who he might find, he turned around.

A boy of his age, maybe a bit older was standing before his, brandishing his wand at him. He had dark wavy hair and bright grey eyes, his complexion was fair and if it hadn't been for the look of distrust and malevolence he had, he might have been good-looking. His mouth was twisted in a sneer and, by the sound of his familiar accent, Harry guessed he had to be French. The boy was robed in black, his hood was pulled down and his sleeves rolled up, with a clear design on his left forearm.

Damn, Harry cursed — a Death Eater!

-oO oOoOoOo-

S aturday, 15th of August 1992

BUILDING A BETTER FUTURE: SLYTHERIN SCHOOL By Meghara Avery

We will never be grateful enough to His Excellency the Dark Lord for all of his outstanding efforts to improve the world that had been left in decay, to wipe off the unworthy from our gifted magical society, to reconstruct a place where witches and wizards should be proud of their prestigious heritage without having hooligans and terrorists besmirching our noble genealogy. But still, the Dark Lord never rests and has yet come up with a new idea to make our lives better: his new project on the British School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hogwarts.

The ever genius mind of the Dark Lord, concerned about the future witches and wizards that will someday be in charge of our country, has come up with a revolutionary idea to improve the magical education of our children, to unite all the Hogwarts' Houses under the prestigious name of the Slytherin House, the best House of them all.

It is known by all of us the existence of open hostility between the four Houses, hostility that has even reached violence between the most vocal of them, Slytherin and Gryffindor. While Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff usually sit on the side-lines, silently supporting those foolish Gryffindors, the noble House of Slytherin has always had to look after itself, has always had to stand up for its ideology against the narrow-minded and prejudiced Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs.

Of course, no-one can entirely blame them, children will be children after all; because it's a riot that started nearly a thousand years ago, when the school was founded and the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin ascended to such a point where the latter had to escape the school for the fear of his life, knowing that he left it to the other three founders, knowing that things could only go downhill from there. Surprisingly enough, the school has lasted much longer than anyone could have expected, bearing in mind the short-sightedness of the other three Houses; but the violence toll has never dwindled, but has, in fact, increased over the last thirty years. Because of that, our esteemed Dark Lord had deemed it essential to unite all young witches and wizards under the same banner, the banner of the Snake, and from it a new united era of witches and wizards shall arise, without that trivial enmity and towards a new and more secure future.

In addition to that reform, the Dark Lord has found it terribly important to let the children learn the Dark Arts from a young age. Many parents may frown upon reading this, but the brutal truth is that the sooner they learn them, the better they will be able to defend themselves should some of the former members of the Order of the Phoenix attack them, for we all know how vicious, vindictive and cruel they are. Don't we all want to see our children safe and sound? That's exactly what the Dark Lord wants, and he has done all this for their sake.

We shall never thank him enough.

-o OoOoOoOo-

Har ry was revolted, thoroughly revolted. He had spent the last couple of hours extracting information from the Death Eater he had captured at Grimmauld Place, and he believed his stomach would never be the same again, the number of hideous acts he had learnt of from the boy, Alain Devreux. The Death Eater, if he could be called that, for he was so junior if not in their ways then in their ranks, had blurted out every single thing he knew about Voldemort and his side and had confessed every single crime he had committed in his twenty years of life. He may not have held a high position in the Dark Army, but he was certainly as cruel and barbaric as Bellatrix. He had told him under the influence of Veritaserum that he had committed his first crime at the age of fourteen, when he had raped and then murdered one of his classmates, who, in his opinion, had deserved what she got for being too beautiful and seductive, with her blue eyes, red hair and stunning body. Harry couldn't stop the anger boiling inside him, he wanted nothing more than to lash out at him, the image of Ginny being forced to do things he had never imagined possible running wildly through his brain. But the Death Eater remained blissfully oblivious to Harry's anger, and continued regaling him with tales about all the heinous acts he had done, pride radiating from his grey eyes; from rape to disembowelment, from murder to torture, from beheading to throttling.

But his thorough interrogation had given him no answers. The boy hadn't said anything that came new to him, save for a few minor facts. Firstly, he had learnt that Sirius didn't own Grimmauld Place anymore; when his mother had passed away, Sirius had been forced to "lend" ad aeternum all the Black fortune and properties to the Lestranges, and Bellatrix had turned the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black into her hiding place until Voldemort resurrected, then she had destined it to become a place for new recruits, like Alain Devreux.

When he asked about the so-called "Innominabiles", he had been told that they were Voldemort's elite, a group composed by five all-time feared Death Eaters. No-one but Voldemort knew their true identities, no-one knew where they came from, the only well known fact was that they were the highest in the ranks, they were said to be nearly as skilled as Voldemort and as equally deadly as Riddle himself. Devreux didn't actually know the codenames of the five of them, he only knew two of them: Ares and Aphrodite. He had also told Harry that they were his source of inspiration, that whenever he killed, he thought how would any of the five do it, and that he did his best to live up to their standards so that he could one day be like one of them. It scared Harry to no end the knowledge that there were five people higher up than Bellatrix, who had simply been the cruellest woman to ever walk this Earth.

But when Devreux started talking about his dreams and aspirations, mingling it with half-truths, Harry knew that he had to draw a line and end the questioning before he got sick. If you had asked Harry what he felt about giving someone the Draught of Living Death before having interrogated Devreux, he would have said that he would never ever do that in a thousand years, but after having heard all of what the Death Eater had planned to do with Muggles, Muggleborn people and women, Harry actually felt some cold pleasure when he poured the potion into Devreux throat. He didn't kill him, but at least the Death Eater wouldn't escape to commit more atrocities unless given an antidote, and seeing that Harry's house was under the Fidelius, the chances seemed pretty slim.

He locked Devreux in a warded room and then proceeded to have a drink. He uncorked his bottle of butterbeer quite roughly and took a rather large sip, wiping the corner of his mouth with his right forearm afterwards. He was disgusted, he was angry.

He plopped down onto a couch and tried to relax, taking deep breaths. He knew that if he got worked up, there was the possibility that his magic would uncoil and lash out, and the consequences wouldn't be pretty. He could feel the muscles contracting in his body, aching to vent off some anger and frustration, but he couldn't do that. Instead, he focused on his next task: finishing the phoenix form and searching for allies.

He had to go to Hogwarts the following day; if not to find allies then to extract Ravenclaw's diadem. He wondered whether he could find McGonagall and Hagrid there, or if they could tell him what had happened to his parents and godfather, where were they were. He was extremely eager to meet them, but he was quite apprehensive too. Would they find him disappointing? Twisted? He didn't know, but he ached to know at least where they could be and whether they still wanted their son back.

'Come on Harry,' he whispered, the reflected glower in his face, 'concentrate; you can do it.'

If only he had been more aware of the date, he might have realised that that day was Hallowe'en, and every Hallowe'en night, a red-haired woman came out of her hidden location to secretly put flowers on the tomb of her deceased son.

-oOoOoOoO o-

Friday, 1st of January 1993

A NEW ORDER: LORD BRITAIN By Justina Jugson

What would you give to a man — a deity — that has given all to his country and asked nothing in return? What could you give to a man who does everything out of the good of his heart, in a pure selfless and altruistic way? Many of us having been feeling for the longest time that we didn't acknowledge His Excellency the Dark Lord as we should, but given the fact that he wanted no Order of Merlin, no money, no power over the Wizengamot — he wanted nothing, what could we possibly ever do to thank him properly?

Fortunately, our current Minister for Magic Barty Crouch Junior has concocted the perfect idea. Seeing as the Dark Lord has basically carried out every single successful plan to improve the state of our ascending country, the Minister - and by extension the Ministry — has deemed it appropriate to set a position of power above his own: Lord Britain.

The newest Lord Britain would actively have the three powers in his hands: executive, legislative and judiciary. In any other man's hands, this decision would equal disorder, corruption and the destruction of a country; but in Lord Britain's hands, it will mean nothing else but the progress and development of our glorious nation, a country to be feared and envied by the rest of the world, a place where balance and equity exists, and all because of one extraordinary man, one patriot, a freedom-fighter: His Excellency Lord Britain.

- oOoOoOoOo-

Th e first of November that year dawned chilly and unpleasant, the fog hiding the landscape ahead, the wind blowing ferociously around. It was the kind of day that should be spent in bed, with a fire lit by the chimney and a steamy cup of hot chocolate in one's hands, reading a book or simply doing nothing at all, only resting and relaxing.

But for Harry Potter, the resident hero in that forsaken world, that day meant the beginning of the end of the war, either for life or death, for victory or defeat. That day he would start building up the new army, a group of people who weren't afraid to die, if only they could gain back their old lives and freedom, people who, united by one person, would fight till their last breath to rid this world of Voldemort and his followers. And so he marched on that November morning towards the place he thought he would find his first allies at: Hogwarts.

Under his Invisibility Cloak, he walked from Hogsmeade to Hogwarts. He refused to call his old school "Slytherin School", if he did it was as if Voldemort had won another battle; and no matter how much of a travesty his former school looked like on that day, it would still be Hoggy Warty Hogwarts for him.

He was weighing his options, thinking which way would be best for breaking into the castle and going unnoticed when a sudden noise caught his attention, like a door creaking open. Quickly he drew his wand and turned to his right. At first, he didn't notice anything different, but then, through narrowed eyes, he could see someone at Hagrid's hut, someone that wasn't the old Keeper of Hogwarts' grounds. Harry started feeling angry at the stranger, murderous at the possibility that something had happened to his old and gigantic friend. The unknown person was a male, middle-aged and tall, if his eyes didn't deceive him, sitting on the front steps of Hagrid's house. He looked weird, he was swaying and kept ruffling his dark hair, as if he was trying to shake off dizziness. Harry decided to get closer to the man, to see who had replaced Hagrid in his gamekeeping duties; as quietly and carefully as he could he walked down to the messy hut.

He could hear the man sobbing and muttering incoherently as he buried his head in his arms, and all of his previous anger towards the stranger vanished in that spot. He didn't know why, but he felt as if that anguished person was someone who didn't want to be there, someone who had suffered a great deal and had nothing left to live for. He knew that that broken man was a friend, an ally.

He stepped on a branch and stopped dead in his tracks, holding his breath, his heart beating madly against his chest. But the man hadn't noticed him, so lost was he in his own world of grief and despair.

'I'm sorry son… I'm so sorry,' he whimpered.

Harry realised that the man was drunk, heavily drunk, and by the sound of what he was saying, he had lost his son in the war.

'Damn you, Voldemort. Damn you!' he cursed wildly.

Harry lifted his Invisibility Cloak and crouched down before the sobbing wizard. It was risky, but he felt reckless and lucky, so he extended his arm and lifted the wizard's chin gingerly.

Harry gasped.

For the first time in his life, Harry looked straight into the hazel and broken eyes of his father.

-oOoOoOo Oo-

DISCLA IMER:

Uni's getting more and more difficult and today I've spent the whole day at the hospital. I'm now due to listen to patients who have a several mental disorders, so I grab my notepad and the list of patients and walk to the door. I open it and find a large queue of people waiting to be treated. I sigh, wondering if I'll make it back home before 2020.

'Okay, so the next person is Mr Riddle. Mr Riddle, please do come in,' I say absent-mindedly and walk to the chair next, wondering where the blazes the doctor in charge is. Mr Riddle comes in and my eyes bulge out of my sockets. I don't dare to believe it, so I look at his medical chart.

Patient's Medical Number: 666

Patient's Name: Tom Marvolo Riddle

Patient's Mental Disease: he thinks he is being possessed by some malevolent spirit that forces him to do evil things. When his insanity takes over, he calls himself Lord Voldemort and wants people to fear him and address him as You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. When he talks, he fits in between words and sentences nonsense. If not, most of the time he is quite a nice chap, although a bit weird when it comes to his eating habits (his favourite meal is roasted snake), and hobbies (killing bumblebees). Diagnose: Potter-itis.

'Oh god, oh dear sweet Merlin, he's going to kill me,' I mutter, jerking my legs madly.

'Oh no dear, Avada. I can assure you that Kedavra I mean no Crucio,' he says softly, grinning at me. Is it me, the light, the stress or have his eyes briefly changed to red?

I grimace. 'Er, well, that's good,' I say stupidly. 'So, how are you feeling today, Mr Riddle?'

'Oh please, call me Tommy. I couldn't bear Sectumsempra if a charming young lady like yourself Legilmens talked to me so formally' he says, winking at me.

Okay, enough is enough. I get up angrily and start yelling. 'Alright! You've had your fun — now stop with your bloody joke! This isn't funny! First you send Gollum to me and now Voldemort! He's a figment of JKR's imagination, not a real person! Stop it already!' I scream at the top of my lungs, kicking the nearest table to emphasise my anger.

Riddle looks at me patronisingly. 'Dear, maybe you should be hospitalised, too, Serpensortia.'

I slap my forehead. This can't be happening to me.

-oOoOoOoOo-< /p>

A/N: For you SIYE readers, I'm dreadfully sorry it has taken me this long to post. On the bright side, I have ten chapters more to update on a weekly basis for you guys.

Cheers

Vermou th Member of the Siriusan Order

Reviews 88
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear