Search:

SIYE Time:17:01 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Teddy Bear
By somethingwicked

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 21
Summary: Harry gets acquainted with little Teddy Lupin, and Ginny comes up with a new nickname. One-shot.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7931



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy, and please review!




ChapterPrinter


Teddy Bear

“Reckon they’ll be able to rebuild Hogwarts by the next term?” asked Ron, stepping over the head of a large suit of armor.

“Yeah, I guess. I mean it shouldn’t take that long if they use magic, right? But this place looks terrible,” said Harry, his green eyes scanning the corridor they were in. It was true. Hogwarts looked as if it had been demolished. All four hourglasses of each house had been broken, spilling their precious stones across the floor, the suits of armor that had once stood in the corridors were laying in pieces all over the grounds, half the stairs were completely blown away, and the classrooms were a whole different matter altogether.

“I think it will be open by next term. As Harry said, if they use magic, this place will be back to normal in no time. And now that Voldemort is finally gone, parents will be much more enthusiastic to bring their children to Hogwarts,” said Hermione, as they turned the corner towards the third-floor corridor.

“Harry! HARRY!” yelled Ginny, running towards them.

“Ginny is something wrong?” asked Harry anxiously.

“No, no,” she said breathlessly. “It’s just that Andromeda is here with little Teddy and she wants to see you. She’s sitting with Mum in the Great Hall.”

“Andromeda?” repeated Harry blankly.

“Yeah, you know, Tonks' mum,” said Ron.

“I know who Andromeda is,” snapped Harry. “I was just wondering what she wanted me for.”

“Probably it’s because you’re Teddy’s godfather and all,” said Hermione.

Ginny’s eyes snapped on to Harry. “You’re Teddy’s godfather?”

“Oh yeah. I’m sorry I never told you. Re-Remus told me in the middle of our journey and I couldn’t quite contact you,” said Harry. “Well, let’s not keep her waiting, come on.” he said, taking Ginny’s small hands in his. They trailed behind Hermione and Ron who were having a very animated argument about something.

“You know they got together?” whispered Harry in Ginny’s ear.

“No! Really? About bloody time! When?” asked Ginny.

“A little into the battle. Apparently Hermione realized just how sensitive and nice Ron is and they just…kissed. It was completely unplanned,” said Harry.

“Just like us,” she grinned.

Harry laughed. “I don’t know about you, but I was planning it for weeks beforehand.”

“You planned it?” asked Ginny, unbelievingly.

“Well, not the actual moment, no, I would have never had enough courage to kiss you in front of everyone, but I was planning to tell you one way or the other,” said Harry, remembering that night and smiling.

“This coming from the man who defeated Voldemort?” asked Ginny, smirking.

“Well, unlike you, Voldemort didn’t have six older brothers who would beat me to a bloody pulp.”

“Mum and Dad wouldn’t have let them.”

“Since when do your mum and dad know everything they do?”

“True.” She laughed then and pointed ahead. “Look at Ron and Hermione.”

Harry followed her gaze only to see Hermione and Ron kissing rather enthusiastically. He turned to Ginny and said “Watch.”

“Oi!” he yelled. Hermione and Ron broke apart, looking in the direction of the noise.

He pointed his finger warningly in Hermione and Ron’s direction. “Just because I’ve given my permission, doesn’t mean I can’t withdraw it.”

Ginny laughed. “Ring a bell, my dear brother?”

Ron scowled. “Hermione’s not your sister. It makes a difference.”

“Technically she is,” said Harry.

“Oh Harry!” said Hermione, and ran over to hug him.

“Ok, ok, Harry’s all sweet. Let’s go, Andromeda is waiting for Harry,” said Ron grumpily.

Harry resumed holding Ginny’s hand who was still chuckling over what just happened. They walked into the Great Hall crowded with students, teachers, and families eating dinner. They spotted Mrs. Weasley and Andromeda sitting at the Gryffindor table and walked over to them. Andromeda, whose hair was graying slightly, held a very impatient Teddy who was trying to grab his grandmother’s hair. Mrs. Weasley and she were deep into conversation about something.

“Hello,” said Harry politely. “You wanted to see me?”

Andromeda and Mrs.Weasley turned at the sound of his voice.

“Harry! Come sit down and have something to eat! When was the last time you ate?” asked Mrs. Weasley.

“No thank you. I’ll eat after I talk with Mrs. Tonks,” he smiled at her and looked towards Andromeda. Mrs. Weasley nodded and moved farther down the table to leave Andromeda and Harry alone.

“Please, call me Andromeda. Harry, the reason I want to talk to you is about Teddy. Remus and D-Dora told me they made you godfather. I think it’s an excellent choice, and I’m sure you’ll do it wonderfully,” she said.

“Thank you, Andromeda,”

“So I came here so you could get acquainted with Teddy. If you don’t mind, Teddy will stay with me. However, you’re free to visit whenever time you want.”

“That’ll be fine. But I was wondering if I could somehow help you…you know maybe babysitting him, or you know. I think that would be a better way to acquainted,” he said, looking down at his shoes.

She smiled at him, and patted him on the shoulder. “That’ll be fine, and much appreciated. Although I must say, he’s quite a handful. Reminds of Dora sometimes,” she said, as she wiped a tear.

“I’m sorry Andromeda.”

“Thank you, Harry dear. Here, you could hold Teddy if you want. Just make sure you support his head,” she said, handing over the exuberant baby.

Harry took him and cradled him against him. He looked into his eyes which were now a deep blue and smiled at him. He really was a cute baby. The infant grinned back a toothless grin and babbled happily.

“Hey Gin! He smiled at me!” Harry called out across the table. Ginny heard him and walked over by his side.

“Aww, isn’t he just the cutest thing you have ever? Who’s a cutie baby? Who’s the most adorable baby? Cutie teddy bear,” crooned Ginny. “Oh! Teddy Bear! It’s a perfect nickname!”

Harry rolled his eyes. “I’m sure that’s going to get him all the girls. You’re so absurd.”

Ginny laughed. “Why, are you jealous? Because I could call you Harry Bear if you want. Get it? Hairy Bear?” Ginny laughed. Harry simply rolled his eyes again.

“Oh look he’s changing!” said Harry and pointed towards the chubby baby. Teddy now had almond-shaped green eyes and tufts of reddish hair. Ginny laughed. “He’s the perfect mixture of us.”

Harry laughed at the infant’s attempts to grab his glasses. “I know. He could be our son.” Harry blushed an incredible shade of red once he realized what he had just said. Ginny, if possible, blushed even harder. Harry was wishing that the floor would open and swallow him up, Ginny, however, seemed to find this thought incredibly funny. Bewildered, Harry asked her what could possibly be so funny.

“Oh, nothing, it’s just that me, you, baby,” she stopped, apparently trying to catch her breath. “I don’t know. I just thought it was funny.”

“Why? You think we can never have a baby?” he asked, and blushed again.

“No! It’s just the thought of us so grown up…. Its nothing, I’m just being silly,” she said.

“Oh, its okay. I get what you mean. It is sort of funny,” he said.

“Ouch!” Ginny said. Teddy had finally succeeded in pulling one of Ginny’s dangling curls. “That hurt Teddy!”

“That’s his way of saying ‘Don’t call me Teddy Bear’,” said Harry, laughing. “But don’t worry, I think it’s a cute nickname.”

Ginny rolled her eyes and smacked Harry upside the head.

“Ouch! What was that for?” said Harry, rubbing his head.

“That’s my way of saying ‘I love you’,” said Ginny, grinning.




Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear